PDA

View Full Version : Protest for Wednesday

Pages : [1] 2

joema
07/10/2006, 10:35 PM
Anyone have any plans for a Staunton Out protest on Wednesday night?
Obviously go and support the team on Wednesday but if/when we are getting battered with 10 mins to go surely a Staunton out protest is needed

higgins
07/10/2006, 10:36 PM
How about everyone bring along fake guns :cool:

sligoman
07/10/2006, 10:55 PM
A big banner with "Staunton Out" wrote on it been passed around the ground?:)

onenilgameover
08/10/2006, 1:31 AM
A big banner with "Staunton Out" wrote on it been passed around the ground?:)

stantons a scapegoat...its rotten to the core!

would love to see something happen but all i hear is a few muffled boo's and nothing more.

i think we should all be ashamed...

Peadar
08/10/2006, 8:25 AM
Delaney caused all this. We must get rid of him first.
I for one will have my back turned for the game on Wednesday.

popmart
08/10/2006, 8:47 AM
Delaney out would be more of a priority. The snake in the grass must go, regardless of result on Wednesday!

Noelys Guitar
08/10/2006, 10:43 AM
Delaney out would be more of a priority. The snake in the grass must go, regardless of result on Wednesday!

What have you got against snakes? They are usually quite clever and know what they are doing. This "snake" could'nt find the grass. Or is possibly smoking it

blobbyblob
08/10/2006, 11:11 AM
Obviously go and support the team on Wednesday

Im not so sure that they deserve support. Im really at a loss at what to do.

Today, Im grieving for Irish Football.

pineapple stu
08/10/2006, 8:29 PM
Delaney out is a priority.

Any plans, however, are hard to discuss here given the fact that the FAI are reading the board and will now be instructing the stewards to check for and remove any Staunton Out banners. Just a thought to bear in mind.

Billsthoughts
08/10/2006, 9:07 PM
just out of interest are they legally entitled to do that?

casso36
09/10/2006, 8:23 AM
The Only way we'll get Delaney Out is if everyone bycotts all irish games as long as he is in charge ay FAI.

As i posted here couple of months ago, Stauton made scapgoat!! He was setup by FAI For that job and they must pay for the usual bull**** from the worst organisation in the country.

blobbyblob
09/10/2006, 9:12 AM
Im sorry lads but the priority is with removing the manager. The team need guidance. Staunton isnt fit to do it. Delaney has an oppurtunity to hold his hands up and say that he got it wrong. Then we move on.

casso36
09/10/2006, 9:26 AM
Im sorry lads but the priority is with removing the manager. The team need guidance. Staunton isnt fit to do it. Delaney has an oppurtunity to hold his hands up and say that he got it wrong. Then we move on.

Delaney deserves nothing more than the Sack!!!
It was him that Set Staunton up and gave him that job, after promising us the fans, that we would get a world class manager. Until he is gone irish soccer will be in the ****!!

Stauton.

Is not a manager and nobody disagrees with that, And he will probably step down if he loses on wednesday night.

blobbyblob
09/10/2006, 9:43 AM
Casso - I'm not a Delaney fan but aside from appointing managers, have you any idea of his duties, resposibilities or initiatives that he has put in place since his appointment?

Eire06
09/10/2006, 9:48 AM
Its Delaney that needs to go, his poor decision making has put us in this situation..

Staunton is a bad manager because he was thrown in at the deep end, he should have got some experience in management before taking a job as big as the Irish Managers job, he's just not up to it yet, in a few years maybe he'd be ready for it but he's burned all his bridges by taking the job too soon..

Roy Keane should be ready in a few years, so we need someone now who can sort that sorry bunch of losers that is the Irish team out :rolleyes:

casso36
09/10/2006, 10:51 AM
Casso - I'm not a Delaney fan but aside from appointing managers, have you any idea of his duties, resposibilities or initiatives that he has put in place since his appointment?

Blobby i have no time for him< as simple as!!!!

Don't really give a toss to be honest what he has done, all i know is that he took us Irish fans for a load of tossers when he appointed staunton to the managers job. A ex player that has no managerial skills what so ever, and clearly is lost as to what to do now that the country is calling for his head, he should have been a bigger man and refused to take the job.

Rory H
09/10/2006, 10:55 AM
:rolleyes: protests....why not just support the team instead and go prove we are the best fans in the world

either that or get a fan from each club in the league to make a "delaney out" banner and bring it to their respective games this weekend.....that would get some publicity...

blobbyblob
09/10/2006, 11:13 AM
Blobby i have no time for him< as simple as!!!!

Don't really give a toss to be honest what he has done, all i know is that he took us Irish fans for a load of tossers when he appointed staunton to the managers job. A ex player that has no managerial skills what so ever, and clearly is lost as to what to do now that the country is calling for his head, he should have been a bigger man and refused to take the job.

Way to make a logical arguement. Niall Quinn (albeit at Sunderland) just appointed an ex player with less management experience than Staunton as manager and is being proclaimed a hero.

Push emotions aside and look at the facts.

*Remove Staunton now and deal with Delaney later.

casso36
09/10/2006, 11:36 AM
Way to make a logical arguement. Niall Quinn (albeit at Sunderland) just appointed an ex player with less management experience than Staunton as manager and is being proclaimed a hero.

Push emotions aside and look at the facts.

Exactly!! And he stepped down when he knew he was'nt up to it!!!

He wont remove Staunton now, if he do'es he'll look like a complete tosser!!
Altough we all know he's a tosser>

His position would be untenable if he reoves staunton now.

Jerry The Saint
09/10/2006, 11:45 AM
What have you got against snakes? They are usually quite clever and know what they are doing. This "snake" could'nt find the grass. Or is possibly smoking it

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf*ckin' snakes in the motherf*ckin' FAI! :mad:

onenilgameover
09/10/2006, 12:07 PM
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf*ckin' snakes in the motherf*ckin' FAI! :mad:

Lot of anger out there today...is there someone out there gonna organize something proper or is this just a load hot air...

:mad:

Ozymandias
09/10/2006, 12:44 PM
gonna start singing "you don't know what your doing"...aimed at players staunton and the FAI..never thought i'd say that at an irish team and manager...can't believe what has happened ..an irishteam devoid of tact,passion and cohesion....

pineapple stu
09/10/2006, 12:47 PM
Yes.

Under his watch -

A "world-class" manager was promised; Staunton was delivered. Whatever about the notion of taking a chance on a former player, Stan is not a world class manager at present. And he's showing it.
Ireland have gone from second in their group (2002 - pre-Delaney) to third to fourth to now quite possibly fifth.
The U-21s are currently among the worst in Europe, despite our success at U-17 and U-19 level. Both the latter two got to the second group stage of the Euro qualifiers earlier this year, both knocking out Italy, I think. Yet the U-21s have to pre-qualify with the likes of Azerbaijan, San Marino, Wales, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Cyprus, etc. And Delaney does nothing about removing the manager who's in charge of all this.
Under Delaney's watch, one eL club has gone backrupt and there have been three winding up orders from Revenue. This is despite the presence of UEFA Licencing - administered by the FAI - to avoid this. In fact, UEFA Licencing was specifically brought in in the aftermath of several clubs nearly going to the wall back in the late 90s. Now we have a situation where clubs are going to the wall.
To remedy the problems in the eL, he proposes a system which (a) is utterly against sporting principles, (b) which actually encourages the development of one dominant team, which most football fans abhor, (c) achieves this by robbing from the poor to make one team rich (i.e. the prize funds), (d) which has no actual plans in place to make the league better and (e) which is vaguely on the basis of the Genesis Report, a report which is so utterly appalling that it can only have been written as a question to a given answer (i.e. Delaney's plan). He then proceeds to bully and threaten the clubs into voting this in.
Fran Rooney organised friendlies against Holland, Brazil, the Czechs, Italy, etc. The biggest friendly Delaney has organised is Holland at home, and that was a return for the away game Rooney organised. Part of our problem at the moment is that we've only had three games to bed Stan in. Delaney couldn't actually find anyone for us to play against.
The B team manager is also an agent, which is clearly a conflict of interest. When queried about this by another agent - Fintan Drury - back in March, Delaney claimed not to know of any people who had such a conflict of interest. He then goes and promotes the very person in question, so that the B team isn't a planner for the senior team, but just a shop window for Devlin's clients.

The man has no redeeming features whatsoever in his tenure.

After all this, how on earth can he stay?!

Golfer
09/10/2006, 12:59 PM
If there is going to be some sort of protest on Weds night why not leave all the flags banners jerseys at home.
No chanting singing or the likes except for the national anthem.
A silent protest.

Istabraq
09/10/2006, 1:16 PM
So the status quo then golfer. The FAI and Stan wouldnt know the difference such is the atmos in that kip.

Peadar
09/10/2006, 1:42 PM

Quinn appointed a UEFA qualified coach, to manage a Championship side. Delaney hired and ex-player to manage our national side.

Big difference!

blobbyblob
09/10/2006, 1:53 PM
Big difference!

Big difference between Cyprus and Sunderland? Really hmm

NY Hoop
09/10/2006, 2:04 PM

So you're gonna travel from cark and pay €35 or whatever to turn your back? Nonsense.

Best solution is dont go if you feel that strongly about it.

Also just because you have badges doesnt mean you are a good manager. The great managers never had badges.

KOH

eirebhoy
09/10/2006, 2:33 PM
I live so close to Merrion Square that I was tempted to go up last night with a Delaney Out banner. Getting the material on a Sunday night was the problem. :)

Peadar
09/10/2006, 2:46 PM
So you're gonna travel from cark and pay €35 or whatever to turn your back? Nonsense.

Best solution is dont go if you feel that strongly about it.

No, the best solution is to go and not let Delaney drive me away from the game. Obviously I wont be allowed to stand at the game so I can't turn my back.

Also just because you have badges doesnt mean you are a good manager. The great managers never had badges.

KOH
Roy Keane has rewarded his employer by getting results and showing signs of genuine ability.
There's much less risk involved when you're hiring a club manager.

onenilgameover
09/10/2006, 3:58 PM
I live so close to Merrion Square that I was tempted to go up last night with a Delaney Out banner. Getting the material on a Sunday night was the problem. :)

Fair play EB....A magician with facts and stats who has his heart in the right place....

I was not aware :D Good on ye

DubJohn
09/10/2006, 4:16 PM
If there is going to be some sort of protest on Weds night why not leave all the flags banners jerseys at home.
No chanting singing or the likes except for the national anthem.
A silent protest.

How would this differ to any other night at Lansdowne?

Mayo_Bhoy
09/10/2006, 5:42 PM
No chanting singing or the likes

No change there then.:rolleyes:

John83
09/10/2006, 5:49 PM
Keane had been working for coaching badges for several years, coaching youth teams, that sort of thing.

I'm not sure about Staunton - maybe he's done those courses too, but I've seen it posted here that he was on the coaching staff at Walsall purely because they couldn't afford him on the playing budget! It certainly seems that Keane was no less suited to the job.

International football seems to be a bit tougher to cut your teeth on too, though that's pure speculation from me.

Except that if Staunton is removed, the pressure will slide off Delaney and we'll be stuck with him forevermore.

blobbyblob
09/10/2006, 8:18 PM
International football seems to be a bit tougher to cut your teeth on too, though that's pure speculation from me.

I'll say it again lads - It was Cyprus. If you cant cut your teeth into the Cypriots.

bigball
10/10/2006, 2:02 PM
get real lads. i don't know delaney but he seems to be improving the way the fai operates and cutting through alot of red tape. yes he got it wrong appointing stan........but u don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. at least delaney made a decision (a wrong one.....but a decision)...the problem on saturday is we had no one to do the same, on the pitch or on the sideline. There is a hell of a lot more to the chief executives job than appointing the manager. Stan has to go.

warnockp
11/10/2006, 5:15 AM
One way to show FAI THAT people are not happy is to hit them in the pocket.
Protest tonight by not buying any merchandise, food or Official Programmes.
That will hit them for a few quid and show that fans wont be ripped off and treated like idiots.

BUY NOTHING IN LANSDOWNE TONIGHT.

SuperSaints
11/10/2006, 9:01 AM
How the hell is he improving the way they're operating? I'll mention one thing there were Eircom league fixtures on last Friday and there wasn't one member of the FAI left in Merrion Square to answer questions about possible suspensions etc. They're a Shambles and the Chief Executive is the one directly responsible for that.

pete
11/10/2006, 9:25 AM
Stupid post.
:rolleyes:

warnockp
11/10/2006, 10:46 AM
typical answer from a langer.
explain why it is stupid.

Superhoops
11/10/2006, 10:59 AM
How the hell is he improving the way they're operating? I'll mention one thing there were Eircom league fixtures on last Friday and there wasn't one member of the FAI left in Merrion Square to answer questions about possible suspensions etc. They're a Shambles and the Chief Executive is the one directly responsible for that.
They don't have to be sitting in Merrion Square to be in contact. I am sure if an issue arose that required and answer/a decision, the appropriate person would have been contacted by mobile phone.

I and three others were in Cyprus over the weekend, but that didn't stop work contacting us and vice versa.

Superhoops
11/10/2006, 11:07 AM
One way to show FAI THAT people are not happy is to hit them in the pocket.
Protest tonight by not buying any merchandise, food or Official Programmes.
That will hit them for a few quid and show that fans wont be ripped off and treated like idiots.

BUY NOTHING IN LANSDOWNE TONIGHT.

Forgive my ignorance, but how does not buying food inside the ground 'hit the FAI in the pocket'?

macdermesser
11/10/2006, 11:17 AM
get real lads. i don't know delaney but he seems to be improving the way the fai operates and cutting through alot of red tape. yes he got it wrong appointing stan........but u don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. at least delaney made a decision (a wrong one.....but a decision)...the problem on saturday is we had no one to do the same, on the pitch or on the sideline. There is a hell of a lot more to the chief executives job than appointing the manager. Stan has to go.

Bigball .. go and read and Pineapple Stu's excellent post. Baby and bathwater is not a counter argument

macdermesser
11/10/2006, 11:25 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but how does not buying food inside the ground 'hit the FAI in the pocket'?

don't get hung up on food .. not buying a program would hit them in the pockets.

Obviously, the whole protest thing seems very disorgnaised at the moment .. people posting on here that they will not sing any songs, they won't buy a burger at half time, some will boo Staunton others Delaney, saw one guy posting saying he will stand with his back to the team (that's gotta look funny).

It should make for a very interesting evening!

Roadend
11/10/2006, 11:28 AM
What about when the FAI are short the €10000 they needed to prise Guus Hiddink from Russia, because nobody bought programmes, who'll take the blame for that?

bohsmug
11/10/2006, 11:29 AM
saw one guy posting saying he will stand with his back to the team (that's gotta look funny).

I just hope mine isn't the seat behind him!

hoops1
11/10/2006, 11:31 AM
And if the FAI have no money how will they get rid of Staunton!

DonegalDub
11/10/2006, 11:35 AM
Obviously, the whole protest thing seems very disorgnaised at the moment .. people posting on here that they will not sing any songs, they won't buy a burger at half time, some will boo Staunton others Delaney, saw one guy posting saying he will stand with his back to the team (that's gotta look funny).

This protest is about as organised as the Irish defence.....:D

Peadar
11/10/2006, 11:42 AM
I'll mention one thing there were Eircom league fixtures on last Friday and there wasn't one member of the FAI left in Merrion Square to answer questions about possible suspensions etc.

explain why it is stupid.

Because they FAI don't run the league, yet!
The eircom League are seperate to the FAI.

By the way, calling people names is a banning offence.

Scram
11/10/2006, 12:23 PM

Absolutely. Fcukin appalling to have any protest re. Stan. Will be shouting for Ireland only. If we get beaten, it is Delaney who should go. Stan should never have got the job, he does not have ANY credentials, but he should not be held to account for Delaney's incompetence.

He should not be in the job, he is an embarrassment but he should not be harassed into leaving, Delaney should go, the FAI should then appoint an experienced Gafffer with Stan as his goafer and not as gaffer.

DON'T PROTEST AT THE GAME AND DON'T BOO STAN, THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER, no matter how disgusted you and I may be at the Cyprus debacle.

I would call for maximium volume tonight, if it doesn't come off, it's pretty clear that Stan, Delaney's patsy, will become the scapegoat, booing Stan makes it all that much easier for Delaney.

DELANEY OUT