right on :) :)

3 Heroes
14/09/2006, 12:32 PM
right on :) :)
Aye, but it appears no one else gives two hoots:mad:

W.R.F.C
14/09/2006, 12:37 PM
Aye, but it appears no one else gives two hoots:mad:

but u do, and im aware of the irony, but im bored of my arse in work and just wasting time

Old keeper
14/09/2006, 12:39 PM
but u do, and im aware of the irony, but im bored of my arse in work and just wasting time

Well it might take more than a few hours for anyone to know there is a discussion group on their division. give it a chance but keep it there.

Jock MIB
14/09/2006, 1:29 PM
what team you play for 3 heroes and how are you doing in the league???

3 Heroes
14/09/2006, 4:32 PM
what team you play for 3 heroes and how are you doing in the league???
Out injured for God knows how long, and Coonagh is who I may play for if I ever return and manage to get my place back:cool:

Jock MIB
15/09/2006, 4:52 PM
Out injured for God knows how long, and Coonagh is who I may play for if I ever return and manage to get my place back:cool:

just back from a broken wrist , substained while playing against coonagh in pre season friendly :rolleyes: . good team placed nice soccer which is strange to see in lower divisions

booster 03
15/09/2006, 5:20 PM
went out to summerville b game against pike b last sat nite.. my god pike are loaded.. would beat alot of good 1a sides.. alot of ex premier.. good side

3 Heroes
15/09/2006, 6:05 PM
just back from a broken wrist , substained while playing against coonagh in pre season friendly :rolleyes: . good team placed nice soccer which is strange to see in lower divisions

We try to play the game the right way, most, if not all or our lads have been schooled in the decent way to play football. Was it the match against our
A team in which you were injured?

Jock MIB
15/09/2006, 7:48 PM
We try to play the game the right way, most, if not all or our lads have been schooled in the decent way to play football. Was it the match against our
A team in which you were injured?

yep that one, just recovered enough to go back to work as a pro golfer :)

3 Heroes
15/09/2006, 7:55 PM
yep that one, just recovered enough to go back to work as a pro golfer :)
Yeah one of our lads thought you were a pro in Ballyneety, were you in goals in the friendly against the Coonagh B team?

Jock MIB
15/09/2006, 7:58 PM
Yeah one of our lads thought you were a pro in Ballyneety, were you in goals in the friendly against the Coonagh B team?

yep that was me , i like playing in goals but be used as a centre half this year in A team... our B team have started bad this year cause we got no keeper :(

3 Heroes
15/09/2006, 11:29 PM
In fairness there aren't many teams from 2A down who have a "proper" keeper

larrywhite
16/09/2006, 8:58 AM
In fairness there aren't many teams from 2A down who have a "proper" keeper

Ahem, I beg to differ. :D

Although they can be hard to find as Holycrossjock has found.

larrywhite
16/09/2006, 8:59 AM
went out to summerville b game against pike b last sat nite.. my god pike are loaded.. would beat alot of good 1a sides.. alot of ex premier.. good side

Yeah Ive been reading about them on the leader. Look red hot favourites for 1B.

Jock MIB
16/09/2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah Ive been reading about them on the leader. Look red hot favourites for 1B.

are pike and summerville in 1B??????

3 Heroes
16/09/2006, 12:05 PM

I said not many, never said none, it's just we seem to always manage to "hit" the keeper rather then them saving it

Jock MIB
16/09/2006, 12:06 PM

agree very hard to find, had good young lad from GAA lined up but broke fingers in final game of season the irony of it :(

3 Heroes
16/09/2006, 12:17 PM
agree very hard to find, had good young lad from GAA lined up but broke fingers in final game of season the irony of it :(

What's in your water lads, you breaking your wrist and him breaking fingers, ye need more milk or at least a run of luck

By the way feel free to report on your 4B games in here

Obe1Kenobi0
18/09/2006, 8:32 AM

Coonagh B rule...the best team in the land!!!!!!:D

Obe1Kenobi0
18/09/2006, 8:37 AM
Well if HolycrossJock can set up one, why can't I:p

Damn right 'Danger'.....i hear you are riddled with injurys. How long before you're back playing Aussie Rules with the swans?????

ShelsLimerick
18/09/2006, 11:46 AM
By the way feel free to report on your 4B games in here

Another good win for Shels C yesterday. 3 nil against Dromore. Only conceded one goal in four games and that was a free kick.

Jock MIB
18/09/2006, 1:49 PM
Another good win for Shels C yesterday. 3 nil against Dromore. Only conceded one goal in four games and that was a free kick.

yeah SHELS have solid defence especially guy called Dessy one every header, probably make sure one of our attackers stand on his toes next time :) best of luck for season

Jock MIB
18/09/2006, 1:50 PM
Coonagh B rule...the best team in the land!!!!!!:D

you be glad to here wrist better now :)

ShelsLimerick
18/09/2006, 1:54 PM
yeah SHELS have solid defence especially guy called Dessy one every header, probably make sure one of our attackers stand on his toes next time :) best of luck for season

Des Henn. He was with the A team up until this season. Would still be on the A team if he wanted to.

Have ye played Croom yet? Are they any good?

3 Heroes
18/09/2006, 7:54 PM
Damn right 'Danger'.....i hear you are riddled with injurys. How long before you're back playing Aussie Rules with the swans?????
Tis Carlton mate;)

Jock MIB
18/09/2006, 8:06 PM
Des Henn. He was with the A team up until this season. Would still be on the A team if he wanted to.

yeah they beat us 2-0, we playd absoulte c**p.

first goal defensive error 9 out of ten our centre back would kick it into touch but decide to take the lad on and lost the ball leaving him clear on goal, the second was a very bad penalty decision.

but the pitch was very bad couldn't play football on it, it was a disgrace the grass was way too long every time you tried to run with it. the ball got stuck under your foot every few steps.

they had couple of young lads in mid field and up front who were good

in my opinion you should beat them no probs, if we had it up front and decent keeper we should be up there with ya:)

3 Heroes
18/09/2006, 8:35 PM

Des was an outstanding centre half but consistently injured, how is he still playing

Jock MIB
19/09/2006, 9:54 AM
Des was an outstanding centre half but consistently injured, how is he still playing

Unlucky for us he was perfectly fit when playing against Holycross,

but he was exceptional that game and if he stays fit all season,

shels defence will be hard to score against.

Just started up the Holycross B team this year so just getting our footing in the door, but have been glad to see the matches so far in Division 4b that the teams play nice football and committed tackling rather than route one and very tough and dangerous tackling.

Old keeper
19/09/2006, 10:17 AM

Just started up the Holycross B team this year so just getting our footing in the door, but have been glad to see the matches so far in Division 4b that the teams play nice football and committed tackling rather than route one and very tough and dangerous tackling.

I agree

4B has usually been a mix of very young and older players from clubs so there is a great mix of experiance and energy. There are some fantastic skilfull players in 4B being blooded and will move up to A or B teams next season
But you are sure to see some cracking games in the division and cup

ShelsLimerick
19/09/2006, 11:10 AM

In our last two games, against yourselves and Dromore, I don't think there was any yellow cards. Suprising considering the ref we had against ye. What was his problem with swearing? I thought he was going to call the game off at one stage.

There are some fine young players in 4B. Unfortunately we seem to have all the experienced players. :o

We played a pre season friendly against Weston Villa and the starting line up had only one player under 30.

Jock MIB
19/09/2006, 11:31 AM
In our last two games, against yourselves and Dromore, I don't think there was any yellow cards. Suprising considering the ref we had against ye. What was his problem with swearing? I thought he was going to call the game off at one stage.

There are some fine young players in 4B. Unfortunately we seem to have all the experienced players. :o

We played a pre season friendly against Weston Villa and the starting line up had only one player under 30.

yeah he is always like that, i did a steve staunton the week before with him and he sent me away from play...:)

how have you found teams this season, who have you played so far???

Edgey
19/09/2006, 12:27 PM

:D Great being able to check on the website who the ref in question was.

Agree he seems to be more contrary this year than ever. Although he was lenient on Old Keeper a few weeks ago when he was doing a Steve Staunton. Must be afraid of his connections ;)

larrywhite
19/09/2006, 1:06 PM
I knew who ye were talking about even before checking the site when the swearing was mentioned. One of the lads with us has a nickname for him....Roy Cropper. Think about it. :D

As one opposition player remarked after a game a few weeks ago: "He talks to us like we are children, when a lot of the guys playing have kids of their own". He has too much of a teacher attitude alright.

Jock MIB
19/09/2006, 1:45 PM
I knew who ye were talking about even before checking the site when the swearing was mentioned. One of the lads with us has a nickname for him....Roy Cropper. Think about it. :D

As one opposition player remarked after a game a few weeks ago: "He talks to us like we are children, when a lot of the guys playing have kids of their own". He has too much of a teacher attitude alright.

thats him, but you get to now how they work and deal with it :) what else can you do... it can get frustrating at times... but as i said in earlier posts its good to see a nice standard of football being played and ref decisions will even out through the year so won't bash them on here... too much :)

ShelsLimerick
19/09/2006, 2:16 PM
yeah he is always like that, i did a steve staunton the week before with him and he sent me away from play...:)

how have you found teams this season, who have you played so far???

We beat Parkville, Dromore and yourselves three nil. Lost one nil to St Pauls from a free kick. If we were still there we wouldn't have scored. Just one of those days. St Pauls are poor enough. Thought ye had some handy players in midfield. Your keeper was at fault for the first two goals though.

Dromore have a few young players but allowed us too much room in the middle of the park first half. They put us under some pressure in the second half as we tired but we held out. We have St Pats at home next and then Croom away.

Jock MIB
19/09/2006, 2:28 PM
We beat Parkville, Dromore and yourselves three nil. Lost one nil to St Pauls from a free kick. If we were still there we wouldn't have scored. Just one of those days. St Pauls are poor enough. Thought ye had some handy players in midfield. Your keeper was at fault for the first two goals though.

Dromore have a few young players but allowed us too much room in the middle of the park first half. They put us under some pressure in the second half as we tired but we held out. We have St Pats at home next and then Croom away.

yeah we have good squad, no keeper though would play in goals myself but decided at start of the season to play A and manage B and after breaking my wrist against Coonagh won't risk same injury as i need my wrists to play golf :)

hopefully we get good keeper trying out new guy this week and players start to get to know each other, we will start climbing up the league...

before beating yourselves to win division 4B :p

Old keeper
19/09/2006, 4:39 PM
:D Great being able to check on the website who the ref in question was.

Agree he seems to be more contrary this year than ever. Although he was lenient on Old Keeper a few weeks ago when he was doing a Steve Staunton. Must be afraid of his connections ;)

I dont remember that give me more details, mind you it could be a blackout due to the mist that comes over me sometimes

Jock MIB
20/09/2006, 2:09 PM
with all the cups coming up in the next few weeks, was wondering is it possible to arrange friendlies for the lower divisions those weekends or are all the refs taken up in the cup games....

it's just frustrating to play two weeks then two weeks off for the lower divisions :(

larrywhite
20/09/2006, 2:28 PM
I hear you. Its a right pain in the ass and hard to get a good run going.

Last season we had 12 league games played before Xmas and we were playing well as there was a good run of games every week. Our first game after Xmas wasnt until March and trying to get form back can be quite difficult.

I thought I would have this weekend free, the website had a free weekend for the FAI, and now we have a game on Sunday that I wont be able to make. Going to the Ryder Cup and not missing that after applying and paying for tickets 18 months ago. First game missed in 4 seasons.

Jock MIB
20/09/2006, 3:06 PM
I hear you. Its a right pain in the ass and hard to get a good run going.

Last season we had 12 league games played before Xmas and we were playing well as there was a good run of games every week. Our first game after Xmas wasnt until March and trying to get form back can be quite difficult.

I thought I would have this weekend free, the website had a free weekend for the FAI, and now we have a game on Sunday that I wont be able to make. Going to the Ryder Cup and not missing that after applying and paying for tickets 18 months ago. First game missed in 4 seasons.

going to ryder cup as well this weekend on friday... my PGA card came in useful at last Free Ticket to watch it... looking forward to it... Shelslimerick had a great idea for next season with having a lower division cup to run while the MFA and FAI is on, OLd Keeper said its worth trying but have to get teams to write or mail the LDMC might be worth a look at so not to be in this situation next year

larrywhite
20/09/2006, 3:56 PM
Definitely, will get the committee to write in requesting it. There used to be a few more cup competitions but they were got rid of due to fixture congestion. One of these was for clubs from 3A to 4B and was called the TSB if I remember correctly. Our A team won it 3 or 4 times when they used to be in 3A. Always a very keenly contested cup.

3 Heroes
22/09/2006, 6:48 PM
I thought I would have this weekend free, the website had a free weekend for the FAI, and now we have a game on Sunday that I wont be able to make. Going to the Ryder Cup and not missing that after applying and paying for tickets 18 months ago.
Now that's commitment:p

larrywhite
22/09/2006, 9:37 PM
Yeah you left out the last sentence conveniently. Where have you been recently? Just cos youre injured doesnt mean you cant watch the games.

3 Heroes
23/09/2006, 1:56 AM
Yeah you left out the last sentence conveniently. Where have you been recently? Just cos youre injured doesnt mean you cant watch the games.
Less funny if iI included that bit:p

Jock MIB
28/09/2006, 2:11 PM
Finally we are back in action this weekend before two weeks on two weeks off starts up again cause of Cup Games.... if any teams in lower divisions fancy a friendly in between these two weeks off... give us a buzz on here and hopefully the LDMC will have spare ref for us :)

Jock MIB
29/09/2006, 8:53 AM
Playing Parkville this weekend, can anyone give me directions to there field???

larrywhite
29/09/2006, 9:00 AM
I presume its on in Cals. If so they play on Weston Villas pitch.

The pitches on Cals are accessed from Hyde Road. Thats the road going from say the train station up to Childers Road and the pitches are behind the houses on the left. Westons pitch is about half way up and there is a small green just off the main road on the left where there is a shop. There is a small entrance to the left of the shop to go through to the pitch.

3 Heroes
29/09/2006, 5:16 PM
Playing Parkville this weekend, can anyone give me directions to there field???
Yap ,
they,re <that way>:p