29/08/2006, 11:03 PM
Result of the season?

adamcarr
29/08/2006, 11:08 PM
Final nail in Farrellys coffin Id say.

Buller
29/08/2006, 11:11 PM
What a match!!!!
This is our year!!! The Glory Days Will Return.... ;)

el punter
29/08/2006, 11:12 PM
Result of the season?

erm....Derry 5 - 1 Gretna

Buller
29/08/2006, 11:15 PM

hmmm, domestic result of the season?!! :p :D

fergalr
29/08/2006, 11:20 PM

OK - Derry get the best Euro result and Rovers get the best domestic result.

monzo
29/08/2006, 11:36 PM
How is Derry's 5-1 thrashing result of the season? Yeah they beat a team who had plowed through two league a lot weaker than the eL, so what? I expected Derry to win the tie tbh.

Or is it just the amount of goals they scored you admire?

(I know a few will be thinking I'm biased and jealous what with the crest and all but I wish our neighbours all the best in Europe and domestically...)

Raheny Red
29/08/2006, 11:41 PM
Just back from the game and I thought it was a cracker! Though the first half was a dull it certainly game to life in the second half! Jaysus does Gypos change their tune like the weather. When they beat us it was one Gareth Farrely...... tonight it was Farrelly must go..... . I thought he was unlucky with his peno. He seemed to hit it nicely, low and hard but Murphy just made a great save to touch it wide for a corner. And the Guards seemed to do a good job also!

el punter
29/08/2006, 11:43 PM
How is Derry's 5-1 thrashing result of the season? Yeah they beat a team who had plowed through two league a lot weaker than the eL, so what? I expected Derry to win the tie tbh.

Or is it just the amount of goals they scored you admire?

(I know a few will be thinking I'm biased and jealous what with the crest and all but I wish our neighbours all the best in Europe and domestically...)

It was a catharsis for the league for Derry to go and magnificently tonk a team from across the water.

It wasn't just the amount of goals, it was the style of the goals, the performance of the Derry fans, Stephen Kenny welling up in the post match interview, being called a British team.

Go back through the archive of posts and read of the joy, enthusiasm and passion that was there in almost every post.

As regards Bohs v Rovers, hardly a huge upset either considering they should've won the first match?

sligoman
29/08/2006, 11:59 PM
What a match!!!!
This is our year!!! The Glory Days Will Return.... ;):rolleyes:, don't be getting ahead of yerself. Remember, Bohs aren't a good team anymore;).

green-blood
30/08/2006, 12:14 AM
gareth farrelly is a hoop - he hates boez

monzo
30/08/2006, 12:52 AM
It was a catharsis for the league for Derry to go and magnificently tonk a team from across the water.

It wasn't just the amount of goals, it was the style of the goals, the performance of the Derry fans, Stephen Kenny welling up in the post match interview, being called a British team.

Go back through the archive of posts and read of the joy, enthusiasm and passion that was there in almost every post.

As regards Bohs v Rovers, hardly a huge upset either considering they should've won the first match?

Oh you nominated that on a promotional point for the league? OK fair enough.:ball:

mypost
30/08/2006, 1:33 AM
Anyone who thinks we've had our chance, has obviously never watched a Rovers-Bohs game before. Bohs are the minnows. I won't regard it as a shock if we win.
So what's this?? :confused:

Strike 1:

Boez have to be favourites by default
Strike 2:

Bohs to win easily. Rovers are in the first division for a reason. I cant see any reason why your team can progress past even a bad Bohs team. You may have good players but the Bohs team have been round the block befor ean have the experience required to get through the tie. They SHOULD win when I look at the teams sheets of both teams it seems to spell out Bohs every time...
Strike 3:

Shams would need to play the game of their life and Bohs would need to play like they are playing at the moment and only then Shams may have a chance of upsetting the big boys from the premier. But there is a serious step up from First division level you are used to playing, and i wouldn't give shams a hope in hell
Strike 4:

I'd still say that Bohs will win this tie although a little bit more tentatively than I was saying before. I doubt we could be this bad again.
Strike 5:

I think they could yet regret yer man missing the sitter near the end
Strike 6:

I think that Rovers had their chance tonight
Strike 7:

Looking forward to Tuesday night and Wednesday morning you can get back to concentrating on the League

Sure, go ahead and concentrate on those last 10 meaningless games. :D

ROVERS 2-0 Bohs

Now will yous understand?? :D

Dodge
30/08/2006, 2:25 AM
Result of the season?

Limerick beating Drogheda in the last round was a bigger shock (and IMO a better result)

Great result for Rovers though

hoopy
30/08/2006, 6:17 AM
I think it's great of Bohs to pay a guy nearly 5k a week to just hit balls into the corner flag :p I've been following Rovers over 20 years and I've never seen a Bohs team play so many long aimless ala Wimbledon balls, shocking. As for ourselves, very proud obviously. Last night is what football is all about for me, guys who are playing for the jersey and not poncing about on a big salary. It's also why this fixture is still the biggest in the Country(sorry everyone else, I know it probably gets on your t*** when you read that), the elation afterwards, the taking the p*** when you know they've no way back. Who wants to sit in Old Trafford when you have that

gypsydownunder
30/08/2006, 7:40 AM
It's definitely the biggest fixture in Ireland.

Which is why, right now, I'm glad I'm on the other side of the world.

KildareFan
30/08/2006, 8:17 AM
I was at the game last night and i think Bohs were definitely the better team but that is not much use to them now.

Rovers scored right on half time with pretty much their first shot on goal.

Bohs were in complete control for the first 20 minutes and created 5 or 6 clear cut chances including the penalty. I think if they had taken one of those, they would have went on to win fairly comfortably but football is all about taking your chances and after Rovers weathered the early storm, you could visibly see the belief drain from the Bohs players and the game finished with the 2nd goal.

The Bohs fans are a strange lot though, they cheered Farrelly when he came as sub in the final minutes against Shels but wanted him out at the end of this game.

Special mention for Jason McGuinness though, he was absolutely shocking. Made a few early mistakes and then tried too hard to look good after that but everything he tried just went wrong for him

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 8:30 AM
Just back from the game and I thought it was a cracker! Though the first half was a dull it certainly game to life in the second half! Jaysus does Gypos change their tune like the weather. When they beat us it was one Gareth Farrely...... tonight it was Farrelly must go..... . I thought he was unlucky with his peno. He seemed to hit it nicely, low and hard but Murphy just made a great save to touch it wide for a corner. And the Guards seemed to do a good job also!

I never heard anyone singing "One Gareth Farrelly" when we beat you. In fact when he came on as a sub in that game one or two people started singing Farrelly Out! We were two one up at the time!
I agree with whoever said this was the final nail in the coffin for Farelly though not sure if his dismissal will be imediate, the board may opt to wait until the end of the season for financial reasons though I'd like him gone now for matters of pride. The guy is a joke. Do people believe us now? Sh!t manager, lazy player good riddance to bad rubbish.

KildareFan
30/08/2006, 8:49 AM
I never heard anyone singing "One Gareth Farrelly" when we beat you. In fact when he came on as a sub in that game one or two people started singing Farrelly Out! We were two one up at the time!
I agree with whoever said this was the final nail in the coffin for Farelly though not sure if his dismissal will be imediate, the board may opt to wait until the end of the season for financial reasons though I'd like him gone now for matters of pride. The guy is a joke. Do people believe us now? Sh!t manager, lazy player good riddance to bad rubbish.

I was at the Shels game and Farrelly was definitely cheered when he came off the bench. See the third last paragraph of this report on that match http://www.soccerscene.ie/p1169.html

BohDiddley
30/08/2006, 9:33 AM
Last night is what football is all about for me, guys who are playing for the jersey and not poncing about on a big salary.
Sad to say, but I agree with every word. Murphy was spectacular, and gave Rovers a game they were on course to lose.
I feel sorry for the few Bohs players who did give their all for the shirt last night, most notably Wardie and Joxer. If the fans are frustrated, how must they feel?

bad mongo
30/08/2006, 10:13 AM
I think it's great of Bohs to pay a guy nearly 5k a week to just hit balls into the corner flag :p I've been following Rovers over 20 years and I've never seen a Bohs team play so many long aimless ala Wimbledon balls, shocking. As for ourselves, very proud obviously. Last night is what football is all about for me, guys who are playing for the jersey and not poncing about on a big salary. It's also why this fixture is still the biggest in the Country(sorry everyone else, I know it probably gets on your t*** when you read that), the elation afterwards, the taking the p*** when you know they've no way back. Who wants to sit in Old Trafford when you have that

All reasonable and correct, I can't add anything but concur. I think farrelly must have been a rugby No.10 at some stage. Just gotta suck it up and look at the bigger picture this morning from our perspective

sligoman
30/08/2006, 10:38 AM
This was a pretty big shock but i agree Limerick beating the Drogs was a bigger shock but just about fare play to Shams.
Limerick beating Drogheda in the last round was a bigger shock (and IMO a better result)For feck sake even our win against Derry was a bigger shock. Sure Shams are a FD team but Bohs are doing crap this season and it was expected.

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 11:23 AM
Its funny. I actually feel happy today even though we lost to Rovers. Its amazing how ood a feeling it was seeing on the official club website that Farrelly is finally gone.

BohDiddley
30/08/2006, 11:29 AM
Its funny. I actually feel happy today even though we lost to Rovers.
Steady on there!

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 11:32 AM
I know, I know, but the spoofer is gone. Its definitely a silver lining.

NY Hoop
30/08/2006, 11:50 AM
Great night:D

Farrelly was appalling last night. Obviously he didnt care and saw his chance of picking up 2 wages at some average club in Dublin. His game seems to be chipping into the corner. Turning point was Baz's save from him.

To the boez hierarchy and their arrogance to us hope you enjoyed that. And yet another knee jerk reaction to sack the manager. Look at what happened when Kenny was thrown out. Roddy back?!!!

On the flags issue the funniest one is The Biggest Club one:D but without a doubt the bsc angel is the saddest, sickest most shameful thing I've ever seen in the league.

KOH

fergalr
30/08/2006, 11:54 AM
I opened the thread asking for thoughts on this being the result of the season. Never said anything whether it was a shock result - thats a different matter alltogether.

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 12:47 PM
Knee jerk reaction?
If only we'd had one of those. If a doctor was testing our reflexes on the time between when we should have sacked Farrelly untill the time we actually did they'd have thought we were paralysed from the waist down.

BohDiddley
30/08/2006, 1:02 PM
Knee jerk reaction?
If only we'd had one of those. If a doctor was testing our reflexes on the time between when we should have sacked Farrelly untill the time we actually did they'd have thought we were paralysed from the waist down.
Classic! :D

NY Hoop
30/08/2006, 2:28 PM
For a Shamrock Rovers fan you don't seem to attend many games then.

All of them actually but thanks for ignoring my point.

KOH

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 2:45 PM
For a Shamrock Rovers fan you don't seem to attend many games then.

Don't stoop to his level. I suggest Bohs fans ignore this WUM.

NY Hoop
30/08/2006, 2:48 PM
Don't stoop to his level. I suggest Bohs fans ignore this WUM.

There's always one! Is that a car?! I'm an excellent driver

KOH

anto eile
30/08/2006, 3:17 PM

in fairness, that was only a surprise to blinkered idiots
gretna are ****e,whereas bohez are the big club:D :D

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 3:19 PM
bohez are the big club:D :D

You have a point there. :cool:

anto eile
30/08/2006, 3:25 PM
obviously your sarcasm-ometer isnt working today..
2-0 to the club with 15leagues&24cups
hilarious seeing your own stewards attacking farrelly last nite.
beating boehez and leaving them in turnoil.****ing great nite:)

as for that bsc angel flag.the scum who own it should be put down

harpskid
30/08/2006, 4:37 PM

What's this flag? :confused:

hoopy
30/08/2006, 5:30 PM
Forgot to ask earlier but any Bohs fan know why Devlin wasn't there? Did he miss his flight?

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 6:16 PM
obviously your sarcasm-ometer isnt working today..
2-0 to the club with 15leagues&24cups
hilarious seeing your own stewards attacking farrelly last nite.
beating boehez and leaving them in turnoil.****ing great nite:)

Mine's working fine. yours is obviously on the blink.

harpskid
31/08/2006, 12:36 PM
its a flag.:D

:rolleyes:

harpskid
31/08/2006, 2:50 PM
seeing that they were aimed at stokes i think that it was a disgrace to rovers that they missed.

Your club's gone from the League of Ireland aint it? Shut the door on yer way out like a good lad!

NY Hoop
31/08/2006, 2:52 PM
Your club's gone from the League of Ireland aint it? Shut the door on yer way out like a good lad!

POTM:D

KOH

sonofstan
31/08/2006, 2:54 PM
well done rovers, ............................................. well done bohemian fc.

the ecumenical church of (ex- ) Dublin City

Raheny Red
01/09/2006, 12:17 PM
Here (http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8813/bscangelmz6.jpg)is the flag in question!

alabama rover
02/09/2006, 3:56 AM
What's this flag? :confused:

Check out the thread on "Best Fans" for Details.

KOH

Dodge
14/09/2006, 2:46 PM
Its been dead for two weeks viking, leave it alone... PM him if you want to know his problem