PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Vs. U.C.D.

Pages : [1] 2

sligoman
30/07/2006, 3:15 PM
Forget about Shels, UCD deserve a whooping after embarassing us in Dublin. They've been playing poor lately and although we haven't beaten them in a good few years(I think?), we should be expected to win this easily.
----------------
Team:

O'Hara(if fit),

Foy, McNamara, McKenzie, Peers,

Hughes, O'Grady, Turner, Cash,

Mansaram, McT(if fit, if not then Bellew)
----------------
I picked Bellew cos I really don't think Judge is good enough. He's been really lazy of late and never runs for the ball. Also, should easily have scored in that chance with Shels and fired a weak shot in the end. Cash has to play, looked great against Shels but unless Hughes is injured, he shouldn't be dropped either. Faz should lose his spot to fit him in.

DmanDmythDledge
30/07/2006, 4:40 PM
Is there a bar in the Showgrounds?

pineapple stu
30/07/2006, 4:40 PM
Nope. Hargadon's will be frequented afterwards though.

DmanDmythDledge
30/07/2006, 4:42 PM
Just as well I suppose. I will get to see all of the second-half!

sligoman
30/07/2006, 4:44 PM
Hargadon's will be frequented afterwards though.That's closed now, unless you mean Harloes across the road?:confused:.

pineapple stu
30/07/2006, 5:03 PM
You what?!?!? :eek:

sligoman
30/07/2006, 5:05 PM
You what?!?!? :eek:Hargadons in O'Connell street(main street in Sligo) is closed down. Harloes is a pub across the road from the Showgies, it's now called Mooney's and is open.

Poor Student
30/07/2006, 5:12 PM
I'm trying to compare prices between bus and train. Can't seem to find train prices online. Any Sligo lads know the price of a return ticket to Dublin?

sligoman
30/07/2006, 5:16 PM
Any Sligo lads know the price of a return ticket to Dublin?Not sure on Fridays but it cost me about €32 when I went on the train for the Bray match. Twas a Sunday though.

Poor Student
30/07/2006, 5:21 PM
Not sure on Fridays but it cost me about €32 when I went on the train for the Bray match. Twas a Sunday though.

Does Sunday make a difference in price? That'd be only €11 more than a student return on the bus.

sligoman
30/07/2006, 5:27 PM
Think it's dearer at weekends isn't it? Also, if you have a special student rail card it's cheaper, I didn't.

Poor Student
30/07/2006, 5:29 PM
Think it's dearer at weekends isn't it? Also, if you have a special student rail card it's cheaper, I didn't.

I don't either.;) Might get the train if that's the prices we're talking about. Cheers Sligoman.

sligoman
30/07/2006, 5:30 PM
I don't either.;) Might get the train if that's the prices we're talking about. Cheers Sligoman.Don't quote me on it, ring Iarnoid Eireann to double check;).

pineapple stu
30/07/2006, 5:49 PM
Hargadons in O'Connell street(main street in Sligo) is closed down.
When did that happen? I know there was talk of it being demolished last year, but I thought it was being made a listed building or something?

sligoman
30/07/2006, 5:57 PM
When did that happen? I know there was talk of it being demolished last year, but I thought it was being made a listed building or something?Think it is a listed building cos of how old it is-the front of it is still there;). Nothing inside though cos their re-developing the whole area behind it to make a big "shopping plaza"

pineapple stu
30/07/2006, 6:07 PM
So is it going to re-open at any stage in the future or is gone entirely?

sligoman
30/07/2006, 6:21 PM
So is it going to re-open at any stage in the future or is gone entirely?Entirely afaik.

Red4Eva
30/07/2006, 6:32 PM
prices are the same every day on train but u can't get a single on fridays. i hope everybody hasn't forgot about our friend conor kenna cos i certainly haven't

gustavo
30/07/2006, 7:16 PM
Forget about Shels, UCD deserve a whooping after embarassing us in Dublin. They've been playing poor lately and although we haven't beaten them in a good few years(I think?), we should be expected to win this easily.
----------------
Team:

O'Hara(if fit),

Foy, McNamara, McKenzie, Peers,

Hughes, O'Grady, Turner, Cash,

Mansaram, McT(if fit, if not then Bellew)
----------------
I picked Bellew cos I really don't think Judge is good enough. He's been really lazy of late and never runs for the ball. Also, should easily have scored in that chance with Shels and fired a weak shot in the end. Cash has to play, looked great against Shels but unless Hughes is injured, he shouldn't be dropped either. Faz should lose his spot to fit him in.
So you would drop Faz on the left wing for Cash ( a right winger) instead of Singh ( a left winger )

DmanDmythDledge
30/07/2006, 7:19 PM
So you would drop Faz on the left wing for Cash ( a right winger) instead of Singh ( a left winger )
I think he has it backwards because then Foy would be at RB...

sligoman
30/07/2006, 7:38 PM
So you would drop Faz on the left wing for Cash ( a right winger) instead of Singh ( a left winger )Yes, I would. I've seen both players play and think Cash seemed better.

DonalE
30/07/2006, 8:09 PM
Most certainly haven't forgotten about mr kenna,will be giving him plenty of abuse and hopefully more will join me. Cheat!

Rovers1
31/07/2006, 12:22 PM
is the game defo on friday?

Red4Eva
02/08/2006, 5:51 PM
Most certainly haven't forgotten about mr kenna,will be giving him plenty of abuse and hopefully more will join me. Cheat!

spread the word. i might even move from usual spot so he'll hear everything i'm sayin

Rovers1
02/08/2006, 6:19 PM

excuse my ignorance but...:confused:

1 9 2 8
02/08/2006, 9:02 PM
excuse my ignorance but...:confused:
He’s a cheating scumbag deserves all the abuse he gets

pineapple stu
03/08/2006, 8:05 AM
:rolleyes:

landrover
03/08/2006, 11:08 AM
Hope we give this crowd a good stuffing. The lads should have no problems getting themselves up for it. all they have to do is think of the 90 minutes of embarassment in Belfield. 3-0 would be payback. 4-0 would be sweet!

gustavo
03/08/2006, 4:41 PM
Why was it embarrasing? We were a newly promoted team well beaten by an established team

dublinred
03/08/2006, 5:26 PM
Why was it embarrasing? We were a newly promoted team well beaten by an established team

The players gave up after about 20mins in Belfield and the manager sat clueless in the dugout , thankfully things have come on a lot since then.

John83
03/08/2006, 6:04 PM
We were and still are the professional Team Gus and we were stuffed 3-0. Have really being looking forward to this for a mulitude of reasons mostly Mr Kenna's gesture towards us and one or two UCD Fans calling us a circus act of a team. :mad:
The Kenna thing's gone beyond pathetic. :rolleyes:
Who called you a circus act? It's certainly not a common opinion in my experience. :confused:

I'm looking forward to the game. Hopefully, it'll be fairly competitive.

DmanDmythDledge
03/08/2006, 6:12 PM
and one or two UCD Fans calling us a circus act of a team. :mad:
It was the other way round you liar.

DmanDmythDledge
03/08/2006, 8:11 PM
That comment was on the performance- nothing wrong with that.

pineapple stu
03/08/2006, 8:16 PM
Have really being looking forward to this for a mulitude of reasons mostly Mr Kenna's gesture towards us
Aw diddums... And I bet you've never said anything untoward to a player before. :rolleyes: This moral indignation whenever a player shows even the slightest reaction to a crowd is pathetic.

On the plus side, nice to see teams looking forward to UCD games! :)

Poor Student
04/08/2006, 12:22 PM
I for one have been looking forward to this payback plus interest Mr Kenna.

I'm sure he's terrified of the viscous cauldron of hate that lays before him tonight. I can see the "Welcome to Hell" banners already.:rolleyes: If I remember correctly the sending off happened after a poor lunge tackle and it was a second yellow card. I'd be pleased too if someone was sent off after launching a tackle like that on me.

Rory H
04/08/2006, 1:56 PM
dont have a good feeling about this game now

The Stars
04/08/2006, 2:28 PM
ya,we need sunshine to win at home at it doesnt look good.
would take a 1-0 now but if Choice starts i reckon he will score....just a feeling.

Rory H
04/08/2006, 2:34 PM
sean connor already talking about him moving on...was in the star today

said he will no doubt move on to a better level and we wont see the best of him till next season....but he wont be leaving until he scores 30 goals for us....sean is a legend:}

gustavo
04/08/2006, 2:45 PM
Well he said the same about Judge how he thought Judge was "too good" for this league!That one didnt work anyway!

Poor Student
04/08/2006, 4:02 PM
I looking forward to removing some of your silver spoons and inserting them where the sun does not shine. :D

......?:confused:

DonalE
04/08/2006, 5:31 PM
Bit concerned about the back 4 tonight,with Burnsy missing there's no one there to organize and communicate as he's the only one whoever talks at the back.

Red&White Rover
04/08/2006, 9:17 PM
Bit concerned about the back 4 tonight,with Burnsy missing there's no one there to organize and communicate as he's the only one whoever talks at the back.

yup, he was missed!

pineapple stu
05/08/2006, 7:23 PM
I looking forward to removing some of your silver spoons and inserting them where the sun does not shine. :D
Bump. I love this thread! :p

dfx-
05/08/2006, 7:45 PM
Now now you're being cruel, pineapple...;)

hehehe..

John83
08/08/2006, 2:52 PM
You will have to remind yourself of it next year about your big scalp you took when you were in the Premier league. ;)
Too true. :(

Still, at least the following year, as you get relegated for football reasons, you can console yourself with the knowledge that you're being replaced by a better team. :p

pineapple stu
09/08/2006, 12:56 PM
Always nice to see the little First Division minnows enjoying their run with the Big Boys. Your last spell with us went well, didn't it? One good season, then steadily worse and worse finished until relegation? I suppose JD is going to spare you the dragged-out agony this time.

red bellied
09/08/2006, 1:28 PM
So UCD are one of the "Big Boys". If Sligo Rovers ended up playing in the local Sligo-Leitrim league tomorrow they still would have more of a following than the students.

The Stars
09/08/2006, 2:05 PM
If Sligo IT played in the Eircom League they would have more of a following than UCD.UCD were the better team on Friday but hope they dont get into teh new league because they bring nothing to the league.Wouldn't mind to much about the guys on this bragging but they dont even sing at away games.Imagine travelling for 2.5 hours to Sligo and then sitting in silence.Even the New stand in the Showgrounds was singing on Friday.

Schumi
09/08/2006, 2:09 PM
Even the New stand in the Showgrounds was singing on Friday.
No they weren't. One 5-second rendition of 'Rovers Rovers' was all the noise made by Sligo fans for the whole game.

Rovers1
09/08/2006, 2:28 PM
i didnt hear anything from the blue side of the ground..even when UCD scored there was nothing to be heard!