PDA

View Full Version : What have you ever won?

Pages : [1] 2

aido_b
22/03/2006, 1:07 PM
I just won a keg in Uni and it got me thinking, what have all of ye won before? anyone ever won a car/the lotto?

pineapple stu
22/03/2006, 1:13 PM
Gonzaga chess tournament 2006 (Major section, 1200-1600 rating). E125. :) Also won £40 at bingo about 15 years ago. And thats about it...:o

A cousin of my mum's won the £250,000 on the wheel on Winning Streak. It was during the summer though, so it wasn't televised. He apparently stuck it all in the bank and kept at the farming.

My grandmother won a car in some local GAA lottery once as well. Don't think she ever learnt to drive though, so just took the cash equivalent and all us grandkids got £100 each or something.:)

Peadar
22/03/2006, 1:21 PM
I had 3 winning tickets in a raffle at a gardening exhibition once. All three prizes were the same Gerry Daly gardening book.

aido_b
22/03/2006, 1:26 PM
I had 3 winning tickets in a raffle at a gardening exhibition once. All three prizes were the same Gerry Daly gardening book.

Nice, well you can never have enough Gerry Daly gardening books Peadar!

Roo69
22/03/2006, 1:27 PM
Won a few prizes in raffles etc, nothing major.

The mam was a part of a syndicate that won the lotto, there was 2 winning tickets and about 20 of them in the syndicate !

Ash
22/03/2006, 2:17 PM
I won a Celtic quizbook and a Man U -v- Everton DVD on A2ZSoccer.com
last year.

Apart from that I've won bugger all.

pete
22/03/2006, 2:35 PM
Won Ireland friendly stand match tickets on Newstalk. Also won 20" pizza which was horrible :( :eek:

Pauro 76
22/03/2006, 2:38 PM
£40 in the lotto, a special Uncle Larry club pen in the kids section of the Longford News and thats it....

drinkfeckarse
22/03/2006, 2:57 PM
I won an extra value meal at McDonalds once on one of their scratch card thingy's and that's about it.

hamish
22/03/2006, 3:03 PM
Some of you might have seen Maggie Reilly singing "Moonlight Shadow" on the Phil Coulter show last season. She had a big hit with it back in the 19802 with Mike Oldfield.
Maggie sang for a short period with Dublin band Stagalee and they played a live gig here in Beeslow in the early 80s. She sounds really girly on Moonlight Shadow but at that gig she was fffing and blinding all night - real hard-ass harridan.
Anyway, I had bought a ticket for a prize of a bottle of whiskey before the gig. During a song break I made my way to the mens' jacks which was located to the left of the stage.
As I exited the jacks, I heard this deafening roar over the PA, "Hey you, ya fcuker, come up here and pull out a ticket for the raffle".
Quickly, I realised that Ms. Reilly was roaring at me.
Anyhoo, I pulled out a ticket and handed it to her.
As I took my place with my mates at a table in front of the stage, she was yelling why nobody would come forward to collect their prize so she called up someone else to pull another ticket.
All during this I was fiddling in my pocket trying to find my ticket and just as someone collected the bottle of whiskey, I pulled out my ticket.
Yep, you guessed it, I had pulled out my own "winning" ticket and just didn't find it in time.:o
To add insult to inuury, I hadn't even the satisfaction of getting laid with the bird I was doing some heavy duty chatting up at that table.:(

Two "prizes" pullled and both lost on the same night.:D
The lads gave me a ferocious slagging, I'll tell ya, that night.

I can laugh about it now.

Bald Student
22/03/2006, 3:12 PM
I won a free season ticket to watch UCD last season. I already had one but it meant I could bring a mate in for free.

Maz
22/03/2006, 3:14 PM
I won tickets to see bosco when I was younger and my mam forgot to bring me!! Never got over it
Won 2 bottles of win in a "raffle" at a longford town quiz-Alan Matthews picking my tickets-funny night
Won €25 in Town lotto
Won about €200 in prize bonds there a while ago

Think thats about it

ali2005
22/03/2006, 3:17 PM
I won a boxing trophy last year

dfx-
22/03/2006, 3:22 PM
There's a good few things, but nothing noteworthy except winning a 32inch widescreen tv and stand etc. in 5th Year and tickets to Anfield way back in 1997....

I won tickets to see bosco when I was younger and my mam forgot to bring me!!

:eek: :(

Babysis
22/03/2006, 3:27 PM
Won a competition in the Mirror to be their football family of the month(My sister entered). We got a trophy, picture in the mirror, free Macdonalds vouchers, were entered into a draw for world cup tickets oh and we got free tickets to see Arsenal:(

drinkfeckarse
22/03/2006, 3:29 PM
I won a boxing trophy last year

Strange prize to have in a raffle....

aido_b
22/03/2006, 5:04 PM
I remeber winning the film, a few good men in Dunnes Stores when I was around 8. It was a 7up competition and you had to write why you liked the 7up man so much so I wrote, he's cool, he's radical and I like him! oh yeah! worst thing was that I was too young to collect the video, still haven't watched it!

strangeirish
22/03/2006, 5:41 PM
I won a green card..:D

Bald Student
22/03/2006, 6:02 PM
I won a free season ticket to watch UCD last season. I already had one but it meant I could bring a mate in for free.Almost forgot, I won the half time raffle in Belfield once, Aberdonian Stu won it the following week. That caused some controversy as the two of us were in charge of selling the tickets at the time.

pineapple stu
22/03/2006, 6:04 PM
I won that the only time the prize was something decent (ten prizes of a camera against Rovers the game after Doc O'Neill died).

harpskid
22/03/2006, 6:22 PM
Most recent thing I won was an IPod in a bar up here. They were doing a Budweiser promo and when you got a pint you got a ticket to enter a music quiz.

Don't even drink the p1sh, but my mate had a spare one and I went up and won :D

Raheny Red
22/03/2006, 6:27 PM
A compensation claim :) :cool:

And while ago there was a Brigóid Dearg Table quiz and raffle! With the raffle I was sure it was a fix as their mates were winning everything, then there's me shouting fix and low and behold my ticket is drawn! I won a D.V.D

Jack Charlton - The Irish Years :o

Block G Raptor
22/03/2006, 6:45 PM
I won a free season ticket to watch UCD last season. I already had one but it meant I could bring a mate in for free.
So thats why you had two fans last year:D

Block G Raptor
22/03/2006, 6:46 PM
I've won a few Auctions on ebay thats about it

Anto McC
22/03/2006, 6:55 PM
And while ago there was a Brigóid Dearg Table quiz and raffle! With the raffle I was sure it was a fix as their mates were winning everything, then there's me shouting fix and low and behold my ticket is drawn! I won a D.V.D

Jack Charlton - The Irish Years :o

We cleared up in that raffle :) :D

Raheny Red
22/03/2006, 6:59 PM
That DVD is right in front of me now and I can hear Jack begging me to look at the poxy DVD! :D :rolleyes:

Magicme
22/03/2006, 7:01 PM
Ardaghey Field Day Queen 1990
A bicycle
an argument or 2 with my ex-hubby
Just a minute quiz....got Friends Video and a Nivea hamper
Some other comp on 2FM...won €50 & some CDs
Tickets to see Blur in the RDS
Various bottles of wine and some whiskey in raffles
Even better than the Real Thing CD
A trip on the Coors Light Silver Bullet bus for a day out waterskiing, banana boating etc and loads of free beer
Dinner for 2 in a nice restaurant
A cuddly toy
The heart of Johnny Lester....(oh no that was just a dream)

strangeirish
22/03/2006, 7:06 PM
Ardaghey Field Day Queen 1990

:D :D :D ....!!! Were you the only one in it?

Magicme
22/03/2006, 7:11 PM
No but I did wear wellies which I think went down well with the farmers who were judging! ;)

Drumcondra Red
22/03/2006, 7:13 PM
A camera
Roy Keane's signed captains armband
2 tickets to Ire vs Finland
2 FAI Cup final tickets Shamrock Rovers vs Derry (I think)
Wine
Tickets to various concerts
Tickets to I Keano
A Guinness rugby jersey

Thats about it really...

Magicme
22/03/2006, 7:16 PM
A camera
Roy Keane's signed captains armband
2 tickets to Ire vs Finland
2 FAI Cup final tickets Shamrock Rovers vs Derry (I think)
Wine
Tickets to various concerts
Tickets to I Keano
A Guinness rugby jersey

Thats about it really...

Pish posh....u r not a real winner til you've won a beauty comp! :D

Aberdonian Stu
22/03/2006, 7:39 PM
Almost forgot, I won the half time raffle in Belfield once, Aberdonian Stu won it the following week. That caused some controversy as the two of us were in charge of selling the tickets at the time.

For the record the draw wasn't rigged on either occasion. Oh and the camera I won didn't even work right.

Btw I know I'm not supposed to quote entire posts but the entire post is relevant and quite short.

babydol
22/03/2006, 8:00 PM
That DVD is right in front of me now and I can hear Jack begging me to look at the poxy DVD! :D :rolleyes:

The bottle of whisky I won the same night is in front of me now too!

Not much left in it though.....:o

Magicme
22/03/2006, 8:13 PM
I forgot I actually won some sexy red underwear at a Christmas party one year.....I swapped it with a guy for a bottle of whiskey coz he had forgotten to buy his gf a pressie and I wanted whiskey! He got the better end of the bargain tho coz we cracked open the bottle and drank most of it there and then.

Bald Student
22/03/2006, 8:31 PM
I forgot I actually won some sexy red underwear at a Christmas party one year.....I swapped it with a guy for a bottle of whiskey coz he had forgotten to buy his gf a pressie and I wanted whiskey! He got the better end of the bargain tho coz we cracked open the bottle and drank most of it there and then.Is this one of those games where we each add a sentance? I'll go next:

The guy then noticed that the underwear weren't his gf's size and said to me "I've known you a long time Magicme and and there's something I've always wanted to ask you,". ....

Student Mullet
22/03/2006, 9:06 PM
I forgot I actually won some sexy red underwear at a Christmas party one year.....I swapped it with a guy for a bottle of whiskey coz he had forgotten to buy his gf a pressie and I wanted whiskey! He got the better end of the bargain tho coz we cracked open the bottle and drank most of it there and then.

The guy then noticed that the underwear weren't his gf's size and said to me "I've known you a long time Magicme and and there's something I've always wanted to ask you,". ....

"What's that?", asked Magicme, with a sence of curious trepidation in her voice.

Magicme
22/03/2006, 9:07 PM
"does my bum look big in this" he asked shly

actually he did prance around the pub wearing the thong....over his trousers of course.

Student Mullet
22/03/2006, 9:08 PM
"does my bum look big in this" he asked shly"I meant those underwear for your gf.", answered a shocked Magicme.

hamish
22/03/2006, 9:09 PM

ooooo - we'd all like to see you in that red underwear and those wellies.;) :D

heh heh

Dr.Nightdub
22/03/2006, 9:39 PM
A keg of Beamish in an anti-extradition pub quiz years ago. Flogged it to the Norseman for cash.

A mini-keg of Amstel at a Pats pub quiz a few years ago. Kept that one.

€500 in the Pats members' bond draw two years ago. Gave it back, they needed it more than me.

€20k-worth of free online advertising at a work conference a fortnight ago. Not much good to me, so work get to keep it.

A few "Post of the week" awards on Hot Press MB. Prizes turned out to be really cráp rap CDs. Didn't keep them.

My mum won a car in the Late Late Show postal quiz a few years back. She didn't like the red Almera saloon she'd won, on account of (a) "I'm not blonde and you'd have to be blonde to drive a red car" and (b) it was too long to fit in the garage. So she didn't keep it, she traded it in for a green Almera hatchback, sold her old car and bought my da a suit out of Louis Copelands seeing as he had filled in her entry form. He called it his mafioso suit on account of only crooks could afford suits that dear.

Magicme
22/03/2006, 9:50 PM
ooooo - we'd all like to see you in that red underwear and those wellies.;) :D

heh heh

No!

Perv!
:eek:

hamish
22/03/2006, 9:51 PM
No!

Perv!
:eek:

I wasn't the one that was wearing them.:p :D

strangeirish
22/03/2006, 9:54 PM
Feck the undies, I'll take the wellies. Hard to find a good pair over here. I like to wear 'em with the tops rolled down a bit. Would be greah ta geh a shoh ah shiftin' some hefer one nigh wih dem on.:D

hamish
22/03/2006, 9:56 PM
Feck the undies, I'll take the wellies. Hard to find a good pair over here. I like to wear 'em with the tops rolled down a bit. Would be greah ta geh a shoh ah shiftin' some hefer one nigh wih dem on.:D

or put the back legs of a sheep into - so I'm told.:D

Magicme
22/03/2006, 10:26 PM
Ya freaks....I dont think u would want to wear my pink wellies...they may be a little too small for u too.

DmanDmythDledge
22/03/2006, 10:29 PM
I've won 4 free tickets to a U.C.D. home game TWICE. I was getting worried because I was wondering did we have so few fans that I won it again!

hamish
22/03/2006, 10:47 PM
Ya freaks....I dont think u would want to wear my pink wellies...they may be a little too small for u too.

PINK wellies??:eek: - think I'll leave 'em with ya Magicme.:D

Magicme
22/03/2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah of course I wear pink wellies....green ones just wouldnt match my short pink sundress!

hamish
22/03/2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah of course I wear pink wellies....green ones just wouldnt match my short pink sundress!

Oh stop it right now:eek: - I'm too old to be getting excited like this.:p :D

Magicme
22/03/2006, 10:55 PM
Sorry forgot bout the geriatrics on here!