PDA

View Full Version : Duff's decline into mediocrity?

Pages : [1] 2

Reality Bites
24/02/2006, 9:13 AM
from elevenaside.com

Twelve months on from playing a central role in a Chelsea victory over Barcelona at Stamford Bridge, Damien Duff was reduced to the role of onlooker as the sides rejoined battle on Wednesday night. eleven-a-side.com considers the Irishman’s future with the Premiership champions.

Dutch winger Arjen Robben and England international Joe Cole are now firmly established as first-choice support forwards in the 4-3-2-1 system deployed by Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

When the energy of Robben was exhausted in the second half on Wednesday night, and his side in need of inspiration, Mourinho turned not to Duff – a natural replacement for the left-sided role – but to former Manchester City speedster Shaun Wright-Phillips.

SWP, a £21m arrival last summer, has been labelled by some as the most expensive reserve in the history of the English game, but he has seemingly displaced Duff as next-in-line for the wide berths, leaving the Dubliner under severe pressure when it comes to the comings and goings in the summer.

So where does it all leave Duffer, Ireland’s talisman?

There is no doubt that the move to Chelsea brought Duff onto a higher plane, and his performances, initially at least, lived up to the billing.

Any Irish fan who remembers his demolition job on Lazio in Rome’s Stadio Olimpico in his first season as a Chelsea player will have been waiting for Duff to take the next step onto super-stardom, with both club and country.

But it is clearly evident that his stock has dipped significantly this season, and injuries can only be blamed for so much.

Duff was fit and well for the first two months of the season, featuring in each of Chelsea’s first 11 games. But he was substituted on seven occasions, and in only two of those games did he play the entire 90 minutes.

A knee injury during Ireland’s tempestuous World Cup encounter in Cyprus in October cost him three weeks but he returned and started seven games in a row. Another injury ditched another fortnight, but once again he was restored to the starting line-up when fit.

Now, whether down to Duff’s lack of form or fitness, it seems Mourinho has finally lost patience – the Irish international has failed to start a game since January 22nd.

His difficulties at club level have not exactly been carried over onto the international arena – on occasions for Ireland, Duff seems to have been enlivened by his escape from Mourinho’s organizational rigidity – but it is an inescapable fact that Duff’s displays in the green have slipped a notch over the past two years.

A star of the World Cup finals in 2002 – the right-wing, left-foot artistry of Barcelona’s teenage wonder Lionel Messi on Wednesday night recalled Duff’s stunning display against Spain in Suwon four years ago – Duff has yet to regain those heights at international level; his current goalless run for Ireland, stretching back to a remarkable solo effort against Canada in November 2004, stands at 14 matches and counting.

While Duff will remain the darling of Ireland for a long time yet, it is less certain what the future holds at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho has never shirked from the need to offload some of the club’s more expensive purchases – Juan Sebastian Veron, Adrian Mutu and Scott Parker, all signed by Claudio Ranieri, were summarily dispatched, while Tiago and Mateja Kezman – two of Mourinho’s acquisitions, for a combined £13m – lasted just 12 months before leaving by the Bridge’s over-worked revolving door.

Last season, Hernan Crespo was offered to AC Milan on a season-long loan – only an exceptional season, capped by two goals in the Champions League final, offered him a route back into Mourinho’s affections – while England international left back Wayne Bridge finds himself on a short-term deal at Fulham in a bid to find a back door into Sven Goran Eriksson’s World Cup squad.

Duff has never been comfortable with the bright lights and big stars of the Fulham Road. He once spoke of his awe at sharing a training field with the likes of Crespo, and he routinely avoids the spotlight.

With a Champions League second round exit on the cards following Wednesday’s first leg home defeat to Barca, under-achievers will not be countenanced in the summer review. For better or worse, our Duffer falls into that category, and he could yet fall through the trap-door. Time will tell whether it was a fine trap-door to fall through.

Irish_Praha
24/02/2006, 9:21 AM
I wouldn't write off his Chelsea career just yet but he could do worse than get himself a move to ManUre in the Summer. At least he'd be given the freedom to be more adventurous there. The only thing that would worry me though would be old red nose's dislike for international football.

klein4
24/02/2006, 9:29 AM
he might be gone in the summer...but yeah would love to see him leave chelsea...

Stuttgart88
24/02/2006, 9:34 AM
I'd prefer to see him at Liverpool. Part of the blame has to be Chelsea's system itself & in a way Duff is paying the price for being too "obedient", diligently performing his defensive duties, far more so than Robben & Cole.

But he has undoubtedly fallen down the pecking order. Cole has impressed me, even though I dislike him. But does he have it when it really counts?

SWP is explosive going forward but would Mourinho trust him week in week out, or will he just see him as a possible game-changing substitute option?

Peadar
24/02/2006, 9:40 AM
Jose has too much respect for him to send him out into that mud pit.
Once the pitch is sorted and Jose wants his side to try playing football again, Duffer will be back.

pete
24/02/2006, 9:53 AM
Way to early to right off Duff. Hes had a few injuries this season & Wright-Phillips is still nowhere near a starting position.

Robbens form is up & down so Duff will get his chance again.

Dodge
24/02/2006, 10:23 AM
Both Robben and Cole have been consistently better than Duff the past 12 months or so

eirebhoy
24/02/2006, 10:28 AM
I think Stuttgart got it spot on. He has the ability to do what he used to do but is too obedient. I'd say he'd love to have taken on the Colchester right back at every opportunity but Mourinho doesn't want Duff to be the wing wizard of old.

Dodge
24/02/2006, 10:49 AM
Sorry lads but thats cack. Robben and Cole attack all the time and are picked all the time. Are you trying to suggest that Mourinho won't pick Duff because he does what he's told?!?

colster
24/02/2006, 10:53 AM
Sorry lads but thats cack. Robben and Cole attack all the time and are picked all the time. Are you trying to suggest that Mourinho won't pick Duff because he does what he's told?!?

Robben and Cole are a different type of winger to Duff. When they attack they usually go for goal. Duff on the other hand passes or crosses but isn't a good finisher.

Dodge
24/02/2006, 11:46 AM
Thats what I think. I was just answering those above who think the only reason he's dropped is because he listens to the manager

Emmet
24/02/2006, 11:54 AM
Thats what I think. I was just answering those above who think the only reason he's dropped is because he listens to the manager

I agree. He's out of Chelsea's team because of form, nothing else! I can't see Chelsea selling him to another top English team though so if he does leave it would possibly be to a Spanish / Italian side. Just remember though, Cole's form was on the ropes not so long ago and he was widely tipped to be on his way out but he played his way back into the first team there so Duffer could well have a future at Chelsea yet.

Stuttgart88
24/02/2006, 12:30 PM
Thats what I think. I was just answering those above who think the only reason he's dropped is because he listens to the managerThat wasn't what I was saying at all. I think Duff has lost a lot of his attacking punch because of what else he does. Radio 5 Live have been saying Duff seems afraid to lose the ball and plays far more of a percentage game these days as a result. I think that's a fair observation. But I think he's been dropped because Robben & Cole are playing better attacking football at the moment.

I think Duff would be preferred to SWP in a big game, say Barca away, but if either was to come on as an impact sub it'd be SWP. I think Mourinho very much values Duff's adherence to his instructions but I'm hoping the new Irish mnagement can encouarge him to be more carefree.

Maybe you still think it's cack though!

eirebhoy
24/02/2006, 12:35 PM
Duff was a consistant robot before Mourinho came along. Under Ranieri he was without a doubt Chelsea's key player. The same with Blackburn and people were gowing tired of hearing his name for man of the match at Lansdowne. He never had bad games. I used to absolutely love watching him because you were guaranteed to see an excellent individual performance. He has not played like that for Chelsea for the best part of a year and that is certainly down to Mourinho. If Man Utd bought him back in 2003 he'd still be that fantastic winger that lit up the world cup. The winger that tens of thousands of people around the world voted as the best left winger in the world. The winger that the likes Parnaby and Lauren said was the most difficult player they've ever faced. The winger that Claudio Ranieri's mother wanted to sleep with.

I don't buy into this off-form stuff. If that's the case he's been off form for months and that is certainly a change from the Duff that didn't know how to play badly. I'm actually going to put together all my clips of Duff on my computer to remind ourselves what he was like. :)

Stuttgart88
24/02/2006, 12:46 PM
On the point of Duff & MUFC, Ronaldo gets all the plaudits because every now & again he does something spectacular but far more frequently he flatters to deceive. His final ball is astonishingly bad for a guy who can beat people so well. Duff might not beat people with so much ease (though maybe he can) but his final ball is sensational. Almost unerringly accurate be it aiming for somebody's head or along the ground.

Does anyone remember Duff at Old Trafford when Chelsea lost 1-0? How many times did he place the ball on a sixpence for Drogba or an onrunning midfielder with a cutback? His ability to play a ball along the 6 yard box ahead of the keeper & behind the defender is as good as anyone I've seen. I think Duff suffers for Chelsea because he only ever has one striker to aim for in the box, and often it's Drogba! Cole in particular is more direct, going for goal himself.

gspain
24/02/2006, 12:47 PM
Duffer has played 26 games for Chelsea this season. He got injured a few weeks back and came back Liverpool but got injured again and then came back v Colchester and played for an hour.

He was first choice for almost all of last season after initially being left out.

It is hardly a crisis considering he has had at least 2 injuries this season.

fergalr
24/02/2006, 12:50 PM
Why does this ridulous twaddle surface every time Duff misses a few games. To me it seems rooted in some people's inability to accept that Duff plays for Chelsea and not one of the EPL teams with a higher number of Irish fans.

One quote from the article sums it up: "Duff has never been comfortable with the bright lights and big stars of the Fulham Road." The subtext is that he would be happier in Liverpool or Manchester!? Give me a break.

Hither green
24/02/2006, 12:53 PM
I don't think we need to worry too much, Mourinho's so unpredictable that he may well be back as a regular before long. I wonder if that's Mourinho's tactic, afterall only a month or so ago SWP couldn't get a game for love nor money, not long before that it was Robben who'd lost favour and last season it was Cole. At least Duff's the least likely to p1ss Mourinho off by complaining about not getting a game, like the other 3 did.

Wouldn't want to see him go to either Liverpool or United. Liverpool have already got options on the left. As for United, he might make it and replace Giggs but he's just as much chance of becoming the next Park, or of picking up bad habits off Ronaldo (he already can't finish - last thing we want is for him not to be able to create anything either).

eirebhoy
24/02/2006, 12:56 PM
Why does this ridulous twaddle surface every time Duff misses a few games.
I'm not worried about him missing games. Mourinho loves Duff. What I'm worried about is the way Duff is playing.

jbyrne
24/02/2006, 1:03 PM
I'm not worried about him missing games. Mourinho loves Duff. What I'm worried about is the way Duff is playing.

agree 100%. didnt have a good wc campaign for us

Paulie
24/02/2006, 1:05 PM
I think while Duff has added a sense of defensive responsibility to his game I also think that this has been to the detriment of his attacking play which is the reason he was so highly thought of and also why Chelsea paid as much for him as they did. When Duff played in the U20 World Cup in Malaysia he was voted as the best European player at the competition and at the World Cup in Japan he was voted on to the tournament 11. So he has been a great attacking player in the past and he can be again, but not under Mourinho. He has done what any other player would do, he has adjusted his game in order to fit into the system and style of play that the manager prefers. I don't blame Duff for this, as I said any player would do the same. It's just that I think were he to play for a team like Barcelona or Real Madrid we would see his real attacking potential fulfilled. When Duff's career is over in 10 years or so it is quite possible that he will be remembered as nothing more than a Premiership grafter, a hard working player who occasionally was able to beat a man. If he gets to play for a big team, under a different manager, he could be remembered as much more than that. I know he has won the league with Chelsea and if he stays with them he will no doubt win more trophies but surely if he does move it will be to one of the bigger clubs where he does not necessarily have to sacrifice his ambitions while also being allowed to play his natural attacking game.

Reality Bites
24/02/2006, 3:38 PM
I can't help but feel Duff would be a much better player now, if Liverpool, Man U or even Arsenal had come in for him before Chelsea, I don't find self racing to watch a Chelsea match anymore to try and catch a bit of the Duff magic of old cause you know it just ain't gonna happen! Mourinhos sides are about collective team work rather than individual talent.. and Duff is another cog in the system! I was so glad to see individual talent overcome a crude system on Wednesday nite when Barcelonas flair outdone Chelseas soulless workman like unit of which Duff is just another foot solider...

colster
24/02/2006, 4:39 PM
There are a few factors to this supposed loss of attacking flair
Firstly, he's playing for a big team now. The opposition defend more against them.
Secondly, he's playing with better players. When he gets the ball there are other players in better positions to receive the ball. Why dribble past a few players when there is a player already to pass to.
Thirdly, he doesn't get the ball as often as he would for Ireland. There are a number of attacking options at Chelsea.
Four, football is a passing game. Dribbling past players is all very well but there is no guarantee of an end product at the end of it e.g. Ronaldo.
Lastly, if he's tracking back that means he is in a better position to receive the ball. If anything he is a better player than he was. He is more disciplined. His passing is better. He defends better.

Stuttgart88
24/02/2006, 5:02 PM
all very interesting comments lads. foot.ie at its best.

tricky_colour
24/02/2006, 7:37 PM
Of course we should not forget that Chelsea lost :D

Wasn't this Chelsea's first home defeat (or something like that) under the
charge of "the special one" ;)

Dj Duffer
24/02/2006, 7:55 PM
I think the best move for duff would be to move to liverpool in the summer. He would suit liverpools tactics a lot more than chelseas. Does anyone agree with that???

Karlos
24/02/2006, 8:40 PM
Wasn't this Chelsea's first home defeat (or something like that) under the
charge of "the special one"

you forgot the word 'needs' in between 'special' and 'one'....:D

This debate has been done before and I'm struggling to re-write evrything I said back then but i know I thought that it was a form issue and I stick by that. I've heard nothing but excuses (imo) for why Duff isn't performing and hardly a mention about the player himself. I've heard it all, it's Mourniho & the system for Chelsea and the tight marking for Ireland (even heard Kilbane used as an excuse for Duff's form on foot.ie once).

If,as people are suggusting, that as a result of Mourniho asking him to play a different way that this has affected both Duff for Chelsea & Ireland, then he is not the world class player any of us believe he is. And I do believe he is World Class, so cannot go along with that assessment at all. Players play in different positions and formations all the time and then head off to their national team and play in another system and put in performances.

When someone's game becomes less effective over a period of time, the first place you must look is at the player. I haven't seen how his form is everyone's fault but his - it's baffling to me.:confused:

I am big fan of duffer but somethimes I sense that Keane-esque feeling where Irish people just can't see any wrong in his game. He's a smashing player suffering from a gradual loss of form in my opinion - it happens to the best of them and he'll come good again, that I'm sure of.

Even with what I consider a loss of form, he's still the second name any Ireland manager will put on the teamsheet after Breen (oops.....I meant Given!!! :) ) without question.

Wednesday in a meaningless friendly really isn't where we need to see the old Duffer - we just need him to perform in those big games again starting on 2nd September 2006 in Stuttgart..

eirebhoy
24/02/2006, 9:46 PM
If,as people are suggusting, that as a result of Mourniho asking him to play a different way that this has affected both Duff for Chelsea & Ireland, then he is not the world class player any of us believe he is.
I don't agree with that. If taking on players wasn't in Robben's role he'd be pretty average too.

I've put together all my clips of Duff btw:
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=duffer_full.wmv

download link (http://www.theupload.com/viewfile.php?id=00018127)

FarBeag
24/02/2006, 10:23 PM
The first time I saw Duff play I was amazed by his skill and his overall ability to play football. I was glad he was Irish and still am of course. I loved watching him play whether it be for Blackburn, early Chelsea day’s but especially for Ireland.He lit up the field, everyone loved him and his presence alone on the pitch gave everyone hope that we might go along way towards achieving our objective in the football world.He outshone all his colleagues on the pitch and most of the time was un markable.I felt optimistic about our chances every time Duff played. Then Mourinho came along and changed all his game.The spark and excitement went from Duffs game.He still is a great player but is playing the way his boss wants him to play not the way he wants and needs to play...I want the old Duff back and if it means going to Wigan to get that I don’t care.I don’t give a flying Fcuk if Chelsea ever win another game all I want is for Duff to go back to the player I first saw don an Irish shirt.I watched that guy Messie (spelling) for Barsa the other night and he reminded me of how Duff used to be (Best Player and most dangerous one on the field)

Karlos
25/02/2006, 4:41 AM
I don't agree with that. If taking on players wasn't in Robben's role he'd be pretty average too.

I know we disagree on this Eirebhoy and neither of us are likely to budge! :) .

How does this example with Robben explain Duff's performances for Ireland? Playing two different roles and systems hasn't effected the likes of Joe Cole with England, or Van Persie with Arsenal & Holland or a list of countless other players playing difering roles for club & country. I just don't go along that Mourniho in one season can radically change a player so much that if affects his performances in 'any' position for 'any' team that player subsequently plays in. He certainly plays in a different style for Chelsea (i'm not doubting that) but I don't go along with the notion that this one year under Mourniho has overiden all the previous years as a winger taking on players and is the sole reason why he is not as effective recently for us. For me it sounds like a cop out as Duff is playing is his usual position just doing a different job. There's lesser players in his league playing 4 or 5 different positions a season without a bother nevermind just playing the same position with a different focus. I don't see the co-relation between his role for Ireland and his role for Chelsea. A player of his calibre should be more than capable of doing both. His role for Chelsea doesn't excuse his Ireland performances in my opinion.

I maintain, when the form drops the first thing that must be looked at is the player himself and not who esle is to blame for why. I don't believe the excuses given for Duff for example would be acceptable if we were talking about Kilbane or O'Shea - where's the outcry against Moyes & Fergie for asking these players to play different roles than normal thus effecting their Ireland performances?

I love Duffer alot more than 'the special needs one' but I won't make excuses for him when he's out of sorts. However I've every faith he'll be back to his normal self soon enough - I'm assuming however that many of you don't believe that will happen as long as he is a Chelsea player under Jose? :confused: :)

eirebhoy
25/02/2006, 9:55 AM
I know we disagree on this Eirebhoy and neither of us are likely to budge! :) .

How does this example with Robben explain Duff's performances for Ireland? Playing two different roles and systems hasn't effected the likes of Joe Cole with England, or Van Persie with Arsenal & Holland or a list of countless other players playing difering roles for club & country. I just don't go along that Mourniho in one season can radically change a player so much that if affects his performances in 'any' position for 'any' team that player subsequently plays in. He certainly plays in a different style for Chelsea (i'm not doubting that) but I don't go along with the notion that this one year under Mourniho has overiden all the previous years as a winger taking on players and is the sole reason why he is not as effective recently for us. For me it sounds like a cop out as Duff is playing is his usual position just doing a different job. There's lesser players in his league playing 4 or 5 different positions a season without a bother nevermind just playing the same position with a different focus. I don't see the co-relation between his role for Ireland and his role for Chelsea. A player of his calibre should be more than capable of doing both. His role for Chelsea doesn't excuse his Ireland performances in my opinion.
Mourinho has changed him. He now feels he doesn't have to take on a player all the time. That's probably a good thing. With Chelsea though he'd probably try take on a player once or twice a game and will probably fail. With Ireland he got a lot more freedom and while he was taking on players a lot more, he was still taking the short option regularly. That's fair enough. Against France though he didn't try to take on a player. This is probably because he had so many players on him that he felt he couldn't get the better. The Duff of 2 years ago would have tried to take them on anyway. Duff didn't play badly at home to France. It wasn't his form causing him to play conservative. He just didn't try to do anything spectacular.

As I mentioned a few times, when there was nothing at stake and he is not being marked as tightly he is 10 times the player. His performance against Italy was the best I've seen him in years. Against Portugal and Croatia he was the best player on the pitch too. It's no coincedence that that's our last 3 friendlies.

The only game I can remember him playing badly against in the last campaign was Faroes away. Every other game he played as well as he tried to play. This is down to Mourinho, I don't think there's any doubt about that. If Mourinho never took over Duff would be still dazzling crowds game in game out. You're probably right and it's up to Duff to change his game for Ireland whenever he plays for us. That doesn't change what I'm saying. If he joined Man Utd in 2003 we would not have these threads opening up every few months.

feo123
25/02/2006, 1:38 PM
he should look for a move this season! to either Man Utd, Liverpool or arsenal! would get startin regular for those 3 and would improve again

FarBeag
25/02/2006, 3:36 PM
:)

I've put together all my clips of Duff btw:
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=duffer_full.wmv

download link (http://www.theupload.com/viewfile.php?id=00018127)

Thank's for that eirebhoy...Thats the Duff i want back..I see he came on as a sub against Portsmouth this afternoon..Dont know what way he was allowed play though.:)

eirebhoy
25/02/2006, 3:38 PM
.Dont know what way he was allowed play though.:)
Left back. :o

Karlos
25/02/2006, 4:06 PM
he's definately not a left back but I thought he showed promise going forward at every opportunity. Took on players and was intelligent with his passing. :)

geysir
25/02/2006, 6:24 PM
How does this example with Robben explain Duff's performances for Ireland? Playing two different roles and systems hasn't effected the likes of Joe Cole with England, or Van Persie with Arsenal & Holland or a list of countless other players playing difering roles for club & country. ,,,,,,,, I don't see the co-relation between his role for Ireland and his role for Chelsea. A player of his calibre should be more than capable of doing both. His role for Chelsea doesn't excuse his Ireland performances in my opinion.
The simple answer could be in the reported quotes of Duff, he has taken the coaching changes on board fully, and incorporated the changes into his game wholesale. Rather than playing one game for Chelsea and another for Ireland.
Maybe Kerr supported the conservative role. You'd hope that Robson in particular, given a chance, could swing a change in Duff's mood.

CollegeTillIDie
25/02/2006, 6:26 PM
Duff is suffering from the same malaise as many players of various different nationalities in the Premiershi*. He's over frigging paid!

tricky_colour
25/02/2006, 7:41 PM
Seems like we have found our left back, the place everyone has been struggling to fill in their Sweden Squad!

Given
Finnan Dunn O'Shea Duff
etc.........

CollegeTillIDie
25/02/2006, 9:35 PM
Is he defensively that much better than Hartey? :D

geysir
25/02/2006, 10:04 PM
Seems like we have found our left back, the place everyone has been struggling to fill in their Sweden Squad!

Given
Finnan Dunn O'Shea Duff
etc.........
That means we can have Kilbane back at LM.

CollegeTillIDie
25/02/2006, 10:06 PM
Back to the Future then :D

brine3
26/02/2006, 2:19 PM
brilliant! :D

BaZmO*
27/02/2006, 12:51 PM
Much ado about nothing really. Just a dip in form, no more, no less.

In the meantime though, unless he improves his goalscoring form in particular, or Chelsea sign a 20 plus a season goalscorer he might have to play second fiddle to the likes of Robben as Chelsea rely on their midfield too much for goals.

Stuttgart88
27/02/2006, 1:07 PM
With only Match of the Day highlights to go on, my view on Duff is pretty much unchanged from last week. Whereas Robben & Cole can offer goals, Duff's strength is his crossing. On BBC's highlights I saw Duff have 4 clear opportunities to send in good balls on Saturday & Chelsea nearly scored from all of them (admittedly SWP made a lot with the ball he got from Duff). Be it in the air or to feet he can spot a dangerous ball quickly. I think he raely takes the wrong option.

Chelsea would make more from Duff's abilities if they played two orthodox forwards. The fact that they have only one & it's often Drogba means Duff's assist ratio is poor. Drogba made a hash of a perfect cross again from Duff on Saturday. Unusually, Lampard fluffed a good cut-back from Duff.

BBC highlighted Duff's defensive frailty though correctly acknowledged that tracking back (which he does well) is very different to actually defending from left-back.

I still think that if we can offer more from central midfield and left-back Duff will find it easier to become dangerous again for Ireland.

John83
01/03/2006, 9:58 AM
...At least Duff's the least likely to p1ss Mourinho off by complaining about not getting a game, like the other 3 did.
The last time Duffer complained about not getting enough playing time, Mourinho gave him more playing time. Mourinho clearly likes and rates Duffer. Injuries cannot be taken to mean he's fallen out of favour, unless Mourinho's taken to beating underperformers with a tyre iron.

NeilMcD
01/03/2006, 10:48 AM
all very interesting comments lads. foot.ie at its best.

To quote a certain poster Stuttgart

"Do you see yourself as somesort of foot.ie commentator. "

:) :) :)

thejollyrodger
01/03/2006, 2:18 PM
he has been ruined by the defense minded game at chelski. The wingers game are always found out anyway and they have to constantly re invent themselves

FarBeag
01/03/2006, 8:44 PM
He was absolutely excellent this evening He was allowed do what he does best with no interruptions.So glad to see the old Damian back.

Karlos
01/03/2006, 8:46 PM
He was absolutely excellent this evening He was allowed do what he does best with no interruptions.So glad to see the old Damian back.

Was Mourninho sacked?? :D :)

FarBeag
01/03/2006, 8:58 PM
you know what i mean.I am over the moon to watch him play so well this evening. As i said before i don't give a flying Fcuk about Mourinho or Chelsea once Duff does the business for us.