PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for 2006 season

Pages : [1] 2

pete
04/01/2006, 4:21 PM
What are the expectation sof supporters from each club next season?

Cork City
Minimum - Compete well in all competitions & quality for Uefa Cup, Get past 1st qualifying round of CL.
Hoping - Win League again. Setanta Cup Final. 3rd round of CL qualifiers.

Poor Student
04/01/2006, 4:25 PM
It's so hard to say at this point. We've retained the spine of the squad, Quigley, Kenna, McNally, McDonnell and Dicker. However we've lost a degree of quality and still have feck all firepower up front.

Minimum - Not relegation
Hoping - Not to be relegated, maybe win a cup and get into Setanta/Europe.

Conor H
04/01/2006, 4:49 PM
Minimum-Promotion
Hoping-WE will do it in style and win the league.Also to have a good run in both cups.

Maynard
04/01/2006, 5:03 PM
Minimum: Survival at any cost really, but it'd be nice if we could play some decent football along the way.

Hoping:To have a season like Bray did last year, ie)home or away always in with a chance of getting a decent result and ultimatley not have to simultaneosly (:o ) poo your pants and chew your nails for the final 3 months of the season by finishing comfortably away from the plug hole

Gerrit
04/01/2006, 5:15 PM
It's so hard to say at this point. We've retained the spine of the squad, Quigley, Kenna, McNally, McDonnell and Dicker. However we've lost a degree of quality and still have feck all firepower up front.

Minimum - Not relegation
Hoping - Not to be relegated, maybe win a cup and get into Setanta/Europe.

:D
Was that a deliberate choice of words?

For Shels:

MINIMUM: going into Europe again
HOPING: to win the league again of course :o

De Town
04/01/2006, 5:18 PM
MINUMUM
Survival. Could be a long season for LTFC fans :(

HOPING
Mid table. Good Cup runs.

junkie
04/01/2006, 5:19 PM
I don't know what to expect from Shelbourne in 2006. Yes we were excellent towards the end of last season but losing Wes Hoolahan is a massive blow for us. Only one signing in O'Halloran, too much deadwood like Crawley and Moore still not sold and no other signing seems to be on the wayand these factors don't make me feel that we can reclaim the title. If we play to our potential then we'll have a good chance in all competitions, if we slack around like we did for 2/3rds of last season we can forget about a good season. 2006 is make or break for alot of people at Shels.

Minimum: Top 3 eL position, Get past 1st round of Intertoto, Challenge for Setanta Cup and Have a decent FAI Cup run for the first time in a few seasons.

Hoping: For a more positive season on the pitch, To win the league, final round of Intertoto and to win either the Setanta or FAI Cup.

Raheny Red
04/01/2006, 5:25 PM
For some reason I'm looking forward to start of the season already!

Minimum
F.A.I Cup or Setanta Cup, Top 2 finish and get past first round of Internono

Hoping
League Champions, Setanta Cup and qualify for U.E.F.A through the Internono!!

De Town
04/01/2006, 5:29 PM
I don't know what to expect from Shelbourne in 2006. Yes we were excellent towards the end of last season but losing Wes Hoolahan is a massive blow for us. Only one signing in O'Halloran, too much deadwood like Crawley and Moore still not sold and no other signing seems to be on the way and these factors don't make me feel that we can reclaim the title. If we play to our potential then we'll have a good chance in all competitions, if we slack around like we did for 2/3rds of last season we can forget about a good season. 2006 is make or break for alot of people at Shels.

Minimum: Top 3 eL position, Get past 1st round of Intertoto, Challenge for Setanta Cup and Have a decent FAI Cup run for the first time in a few seasons.

Hoping: For a more positive season on the pitch, To win the league, final round of Intertoto and to win either the Setanta or FAI Cup.
You are getting Sean Dillon off us. Will probably play left full for Shels ahead of Crawley but can play anywhere along the backline. Brilliant player. Best young defender in the league.

Dazzy
04/01/2006, 5:29 PM
Minimum:
Cup Double and maintain a top 3 finish.

Hoping: Quadurple:D Now you cant get them in darts!

Cosmo
04/01/2006, 5:38 PM
Minimum: Top 3 finish, a good FAI cup and setanta cup run too

Hoping: Win a treble of the league, setanta cup, FAI cup and go through a couple of rounds of the uefa cup - we can all dream i suppose :)

coislaoi
04/01/2006, 5:45 PM
Minimum:
Cup Double and maintain a top 3 finish.

Hoping: Quadurple:D Now you cant get them in darts!

You can't get a QUADRUPLE either. Sorry, pedantic I know, but it had to be done.:D :D

coislaoi
04/01/2006, 5:49 PM
Minimum - top two finish, cl 2nd qualifying round and decent runs in the Setanta & FAI cups

Hoping - 1st/2nd in the league and either the Setanta or the FAI cup (preferably Setanta) & 3rd qualifying round of the cl.

thejollyrodger
04/01/2006, 5:54 PM
Minimum: Top 2 eL position, final in setanta cup, decent run in inter to to

Hoping: Pass 3 rounds of inter to to and into UEFA Cup group stages. Win Eircom League, win Setanta Cup, win FAI Cup:D

Celdrog
04/01/2006, 7:58 PM
You can't get a QUADRUPLE either. Sorry, pedantic I know, but it had to be done.:D :D

Ehm... League, FAI Cup, League Cup, Setanta Cup, UEFA cup. Technically you can get a quintuple. Of course for Cork City its the league, fai and league and setanta cups and the champions league. Not forgetting the Football, hurling, camogie and various other bog ball games.

Sorry, pedantic I know, but it had to be done.:)

Rovers1
04/01/2006, 8:02 PM
MINIMUM
survival,

HOPING
cement our place in the prem,euro place:)

Dazzy
04/01/2006, 8:05 PM
You can't get a QUADRUPLE either. Sorry, pedantic I know, but it had to be done.

Well thats the British education system for you:rolleyes:

Well i was expecting a UCD fan to pick that up:D

sligoman
04/01/2006, 8:13 PM
Minimum: Survival number one but hopefully doing it with good football and not hoofball like many others.

Hoping: Mid-table position come the end of the season.

Schumi
04/01/2006, 8:45 PM
Minimum: Safety without nearly fĂșcking it up near the end again.

Hoping: Third Dublin team again and maybe top half finish and a good cup run.

TonyD
04/01/2006, 8:57 PM
Minimum - Anything better than last season. (Can't believe I had to type that, but it's true)

Hoping - Mid Table, and the FAI Cup (Finally)

pineapple stu
04/01/2006, 10:56 PM
Minimum: Safety without nearly fĂșcking it up near the end again.

Hoping: Third Dublin team again and maybe top half finish and a good cup run.
Can't argue with that. Winning a f*@#ing FAI Cup q/f for once would be nice (we've lost there in three of the last four seasons). I think we underachieved to an extent last year, and would be hopeful of an improvement this year.

coislaoi
05/01/2006, 8:57 AM
Ehm... League, FAI Cup, League Cup, Setanta Cup, UEFA cup. Technically you can get a quintuple. Of course for Cork City its the league, fai and league and setanta cups and the champions league. Not forgetting the Football, hurling, camogie and various other bog ball games.

Sorry, pedantic I know, but it had to be done.:)

What are you on about? I was referrring to the spelling of quadurple (sic) as Dazzy was saying that you can't get a quadruple in darts. It might help if you read the whole post first before responding.:eek: :eek:

KR's Post
05/01/2006, 9:07 AM
MINIMUM: Top 6 finish and push on from a steady season last year. Another cup run, maybe to the final this time...

HOPING: Top 4 finish, obtain a setanta cup place and a european place. Probs think i'm mad but it's not out of our reach at all!

pete
05/01/2006, 9:22 AM
MINIMUM: Top 6 finish and push on from a steady season last year. Another cup run, maybe to the final this time...

No disrespect but if thats your minimum you bound to be disappointed.

Mark Breen
05/01/2006, 9:55 AM
Minimum: Top 2 eL position, final in setanta cup, decent run in inter to to

Hoping: Pass 3 rounds of inter to to and into UEFA Cup group stages. Win Eircom League, win Setanta Cup, win FAI Cup

O and the league cup won by our U21's and reserve players

KR's Post
05/01/2006, 10:04 AM
No disrespect but if thats your minimum you bound to be disappointed.
7th last year and had a good season, after letting 2 of our best players go. They're back. Semi Final last year of the cup, so why not!!!!!

Da Real Rover
05/01/2006, 10:05 AM
Minimum
Survival

Hoping
Mid Table, and a cup win, preferably the FAI cup.

Colm
05/01/2006, 10:51 AM
Minimun: Retain the title and get through one round in CL.

Hoping: Retain the title, get to 3rd round of CL and get to final of at least one of FAI or Setanta Cup.

Breifne
05/01/2006, 11:14 AM
Minimum
Survival!!!

Hoping

Mid Table with a decent Cup run, in either competition with a semi final or even a final appearance.
Under-21's to finish in top 2/3 of their section and get to quarter finals / semis of Enda McGuill Cup.
Ladies to get promoted to top division in DWSL.

Speranza
05/01/2006, 11:27 AM
Minimum
Top 3 and good run in Setanta primarily and then other cup competitions

Hoping and confident
Win the league and Setanta

pineapple stu
05/01/2006, 12:19 PM
Should put in a bit for our U21s, I suppose...

Minimum
Three in a row

Hopes
Three in a row and the Enda McGuill. :)

Macy
05/01/2006, 1:55 PM
Minimum: Survival, as our budget's way down after the attendance implosion of last season

Hopes: Top half again, and another final would be nice.

carrickharp
05/01/2006, 1:59 PM
Minimum
Promotion

Hopes
Promotion as Champions:o

****ing it big time if we keep getting rid of players:mad:

Mark Breen
05/01/2006, 2:01 PM
You where always gonna struggle to hold onto McHugh this time

DvB
05/01/2006, 4:18 PM
The be all & end all has to be promotion!!!

Raheny Red
05/01/2006, 4:20 PM
The first SRFC fan to come out and say what his expectations are...:p :eek:

harry crumb
05/01/2006, 8:54 PM
Minumum : Get through Setanta Group Stage, Challenge for League again, Win the Cup,

Hopeful : Another Euro adventure, "2 in a Row", Win Setanta

Dr.Nightdub
05/01/2006, 9:00 PM
Minimum: no relegation worries this time

Hoping: I'll get back to you once all the transfers / signings have been sorted out

Roverstillidie
06/01/2006, 12:01 AM
Minimum- Promotion. No ifs, no buts, Scully has to deliver.

Hopeful - Win one of the cups, doing the filth along the way and finish the season in Tallaght. Bohs and Pats to struggle.

Passive
06/01/2006, 9:18 AM
The first SRFC fan to come out and say what his expectations are...:p :eek:

That's because everyone knows what our expectations are.

What do you expect us to say?

Minimum: mid-table obscurity

Hoping for: a prolonged stay in the graveyard of football

:confused:

The ideal season for us would be to play good ball, storm the first division and pick up the Division One title (the only major honour we've never won, btw) in Tallaght next November.

That's our minimum expectation also.

tiktok
06/01/2006, 10:13 AM
Minimum: Top 3 in league/getting into UEFA, Win one round in Europe, good Setanta/FAI cup runs.

Hoping: Retain the title, win a cup and get to third Qual round of CL.

Ash
06/01/2006, 12:16 PM
Minimum:
- Finishing better than last season
- moving into new stadium as planned in June
- keeping a manager for an entire season

Hoping:
- Promotion (by any means. Winning a playoff agianst Longford would be nice)
- big sponsorship/investment
- a cup run would be nice

(I dont ask for much :p )

ThatGuy
06/01/2006, 12:18 PM
Minimum: Top 3 in league/getting into UEFA, Win one round in Europe, good Setanta/FAI cup runs.

Hoping: Retain the title, win a cup and get to third Qual round of CL.

To be fair Tiktok, Cork should be looking to finish first and no less IMO. Finishing 3rd would be hugely disappointing for your club I think.

you should expect to match last year's achievements, and hope to improve upon them IMO.

Magicme
06/01/2006, 12:18 PM
Minimum: Mid Table

Hoping: Top 4 and to beat Dungdalk everytime we play them.

ThatGuy
06/01/2006, 12:19 PM
Bohemians should be hoping for Europe or Setanta, but for the first time since supporting Bohs I am not confident going into a new season. We'll see.

pete
06/01/2006, 12:29 PM
To be fair Tiktok, Cork should be looking to finish first and no less IMO. Finishing 3rd would be hugely disappointing for your club I think.

If finishing 1st is a minimum how do you improve on that? :rolleyes:

ThatGuy
06/01/2006, 12:37 PM
If finishing 1st is a minimum how do you improve on that? :rolleyes:
Well smartarss, winning by more points, doing better in Europe, doing better in the Setanta Cup, the League Cup and the FAI Cup would all count as a better season. :rolleyes:

tiktok
06/01/2006, 12:41 PM
To be fair Tiktok, Cork should be looking to finish first and no less IMO.

I agree we should be looking to finish first.

I hope we do, in fact I expect we will, but the minimum I will accept is getting back into Europe next season. That was the question ;)

pineapple stu
06/01/2006, 12:44 PM
Well smartarss, winning by more points, doing better in Europe, doing better in the Setanta Cup, the League Cup and the FAI Cup would all count as a better season. :rolleyes:
Only the first actually would be counted as an improvement on finishing first, and then only if they finished first again, obviously. Seeing as they won the league with a record points haul last season, an increase certainly shouldn't be the "minimum" expected. You have to have realistic minimums or else you're going to end up really disappointed at the end of every season.

ThatGuy
06/01/2006, 12:47 PM
I agree we should be looking to finish first.

I hope we do, in fact I expect we will, but the minimum I will accept is getting back into Europe next season. That was the question ;)
Fair enough, you don't want to get Newcastle United syndrome by having your fans settle for second best when you have what it takes to be the best though.

IMO it is Rico's job to improve Cork City, anything less than last year's achievements would be a failure, not saying that he should be sacked if they finish second though.