PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final

Pages : [1] 2

sfc red
25/11/2005, 11:28 PM
Buying my tickets tomorrow, so could somebody post up which sections have been allocated to the Cork fans and Drogheds fans

coislaoi
25/11/2005, 11:33 PM
This is where we are:

Cork City Football Club has been allocated the following sections of Lansdowne Road for the 2005 FAI Carlsberg Cup Final on 4th December:

West Lower E, F and G, East Lower O*, P*, Q, R, S, T, North Terrace.

It's likely that our North Terrace allocation (which is closed due to the fire) will be moved to the East terrace.

BTW you are welcome to join us. :cool: Check out our website to buy the City jersey.:p

I haven't a clue where the Drogs are.

sfc red
25/11/2005, 11:35 PM
Did I not hear today that the North terrace is open again?? Or was that a dream...

SPXcyan
25/11/2005, 11:58 PM
The East upper stand will also be used! sounds like a good crowd will turn up!

GalwayFrancis
26/11/2005, 9:01 AM
from the info I have so far. this (http://www.salthillhurling.com/images/faicup_final_seatings.bmp) is the seating arrangemnt for the cup final

~~ http://www.salthillhurling.com/images/faicup_final_seatings.bmp ~~

A face
26/11/2005, 8:59 PM
No way .... we haven't heard anything like that ... the Cork fans in the middle of the Drogs ??? :confused: .... i cant see them doing that to be honest ... it will divide the Drogs ... not that we mind like !!

Where did you get that info from ??

thejollyrodger
26/11/2005, 9:30 PM
how many is expected ?

Buller
26/11/2005, 9:56 PM
how many is expected ?
more like how many have been sold so far?!:confused:
One week to go, demand is growing....

holidaysong
27/11/2005, 10:33 AM
I have north terrace tickets, where will I be moved to?

Rebal Boy
27/11/2005, 10:47 AM
I have north terrace tickets, where will I be moved to?

You will be moved to the South Terrace.;)

holidaysong
27/11/2005, 2:52 PM
You will be moved to the South Terrace.;)

:eek: :D

pete
27/11/2005, 5:16 PM
Suppose to be about 12k tickets sold already, about 8k CCFC tickets.
North terrace ticket holders moved to east terrace.
South terrace allocated to Drogs.

EnDai
27/11/2005, 5:50 PM
East or West upper central might be a nice spot, overlooking the sets of fans either side, and a good vantage point! lol

dcfcsteve
27/11/2005, 6:32 PM
from the info I have so far. this (http://www.salthillhurling.com/images/faicup_final_seatings.bmp) is the seating arrangemnt for the cup final

~~ http://www.salthillhurling.com/images/faicup_final_seatings.bmp ~~

What's that doing on the Sathill Hurling site ?!?

If that is true, best seating positions are going to the neutrals (i.e. on the half-way line). I'd imagine a lot of those in reality are for the FAI and sponsors etc.

GalwayFrancis
28/11/2005, 10:21 AM
What's that doing on the Sathill Hurling site ?!?
well i own that salthill website...it was easier to upload it to that, than some random imageshack or something

If that is true, best seating positions are going to the neutrals (i.e. on the half-way line). I'd imagine a lot of those in reality are for the FAI and sponsors etc.
well when i wrote neutrals. it including fai guys, sponsors, neutrals and the like... thats not an official seating plan, just one i made from the info i got from fans

joema
28/11/2005, 5:30 PM
I went into ticketmaster in town today and asked for East Terrace, was told they are unavailable I tried to explain that it should be available but he didnt really understand me, I dont think he knew about the fire and all of that... anyway, he said all he had available was east upper, I knew west and east lower were sold out but I still thought there were East terrace tickets available - or are they sold out aswell? (I want tickets for City section because I support them aswell because Im from there - dont mind my avatar)

bigmac
28/11/2005, 5:55 PM
well i own that salthill website...it was easier to upload it to that, than some random imageshack or something

Careful you don't get hammered for promoting a foreign game ;)

Stevo Da Gull
28/11/2005, 7:33 PM
If I go in on the day I take it that there will be tickets available outside the ground:confused: Is there a neutral area or would I have to sit with Cork or Drogs fans?

joema
28/11/2005, 8:54 PM
Can someone tell me if east terrace tickets are available in the club shop? As I can probobly get someone to get them for me there

pete
29/11/2005, 10:51 AM
Maybe ticketmaster are only selling "neutrals" sections?

I don't know but would think club shop still selling City sections...

TM website is abismal too.

Risteard
29/11/2005, 11:45 AM
Can someone tell me if east terrace tickets are available in the club shop? As I can probobly get someone to get them for me there
Nah, got mine today and apparently only upper tickets for the east.

joema
29/11/2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah I will just get east upper. If Im sitting in the middle of a load of drogs Im sure I will be able to move as there is bound to be plenty of free seats anyway.

Risteard
29/11/2005, 12:52 PM
Ya, after their press release that North Terrace fans can move to the East i think that there'll be a good bit of freedom of movement unless its a sell-out (unlikely).
Whats the capacity at the moment with the North Terrace closed?
30k?

pete
29/11/2005, 1:14 PM
The game will not be sold out. Capacity of Lansdowne is 46k or something minus the 7k from north terrace. If huge numbers truined up on the day they'd just open the West Upper.

Drogman.
29/11/2005, 1:19 PM
Well so far, it looks like the attendence is heading for 20K, with the paper this morning saying that the FAI are expecting 25K for the final, I doubt it will be that much but 20K is looking likely.

Block G Raptor
29/11/2005, 1:28 PM
Well so far, it looks like the attendence is heading for 20K, with the paper this morning saying that the FAI are expecting 25K for the final, I doubt it will be that much but 20K is looking likely.

Thats Great news for the league. must be one of the highest attendances in recent years fair play to both sets of supporters

pete
29/11/2005, 2:30 PM
I've always meant to go as neutral but when in Tolka can't get ticket on the day & for some reason Lansdowne finals not caught my imagination.

I wonder if many neutrals will attend...? I suppose bigger attendance more likely to encourage more neutrals.

Lim till i die
30/11/2005, 11:01 AM
Hoping to make it up. Is the South Terrace going to be full of Cork fans :confused:

Peadar
30/11/2005, 11:05 AM
Is the South Terrace going to be full of Cork fans :confused:

Do try to pay attention!

Drogs are in the South terrace.
Cork City FC fans were supposed to be in the North terrace but since it's closed, they will now be accommodated in the East terrace.

Lim till i die
30/11/2005, 11:12 AM
Do try to pay attention!

Drogs are in the South terrace.
Cork City FC fans were supposed to be in the North terrace but since it's closed, they will now be accommodated in the East terrace.

My humblest apologies jumped to conclusions without reading the thread :o

South Terrace for me so :D

ndrog
30/11/2005, 11:26 AM
South Terrace for me so.

Your very welcome.Bring your friends and entire family.The more the better.:)

Peadar
30/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Your very welcome.Bring your friends and entire family.The more the better.:)

Yeah, Drogs need all the help they can get trying to shift their tickets. :p

Don't expect the Lims lads to have any songs though. :D

Lim till i die
30/11/2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah, Drogs need all the help they can get trying to shift their tickets.

I'd safely say we have almost as many songs as those football giants below in cork :rolleyes:

Besides, our rendition of "If you really hate Dundalk clap your hands" went down a treat in United Park during our cup tie :)

The Good Son
30/11/2005, 11:46 AM
At some stage yesterday on Radio 1 it was said that 17,000 tickets had been sold in Cork alone, I didn't hear that figure mentioned anywhere after that so it's possible they got it wrong and were refering to the total tickets sold countrywide. But if the figure is correct there should be at least 25,000 there. I thought that playing it in Lansdowne was a mistake, I didn't think the crowd would justify it, but I'm glad to be hopefully proved wrong on this occasion.

Strabane_Harp
30/11/2005, 12:40 PM
im heading to it as im in dublin for the weekend anyway

should be a good advertisement for the league if there is 15k +

The Good Son
30/11/2005, 1:19 PM
At some stage yesterday on Radio 1 it was said that 17,000 tickets had been sold in Cork alone, I didn't hear that figure mentioned anywhere after that so it's possible they got it wrong and were refering to the total tickets sold countrywide.
Seemingly one of the papers this morning mentioned the 17,000 as the total number of tickets sold, still should hopefully break the 20,000 mark on the day.

mandrake
30/11/2005, 1:20 PM
I'd safely say we have almost as many songs as those football giants below in cork :rolleyes:

Besides, our rendition of "If you really hate Dundalk clap your hands" went down a treat in United Park during our cup tie :)

thats right i remember that, the start of our cup run,

drogheda havent played outside louth in the cup this year , final will be first time!!!

ndrog
30/11/2005, 4:37 PM

Shifting our tickets very nicely on our own thanks.I was just being welcoming to our fellow eircomleauge fans.Seen as you lot give the impression that anyone football fans from outside Cork are worth jack.

Besides, our rendition of "If you really hate Dundalk clap your hands" went down a treat in United Park during our cup tie.

Excellent.You might hear a few joining in for that one. :)

Peadar
30/11/2005, 4:40 PM
Seen as you lot give the impression that anyone football fans from outside Cork are worth jack.

As with Waterford, there's no love lost between Cork and Limerick.

ndrog
01/12/2005, 12:56 AM

Lim till i die
01/12/2005, 9:24 AM

Explain :confused:
In Limerick's hey day in the late seventies, early/ mid 80's (before my time I'm afraid ) cork hibs, celtic whatever the hell you were called were completely insignificant to us, Waterford, Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk, Athlone were far bigger games (at least how my dad tells it) and I can't see a reason for not liking us now. It's the staggering (misguided) arrogance of your average Cork fan that pi$$es us off, whats your excuse? :)

Anyway to keep this slightly on topic, come on the Drogs!!! :) Is Roy O' Donovan suspended? Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the best full back in the league (Simon Webb) put the little cheat in his pocket for 90 minutes.

declan hide
01/12/2005, 9:53 AM

yeah we cant get our heads round that "get into them, fcuk em up" chant.:rolleyes:

declan hide
01/12/2005, 9:56 AM
It's the staggering (misguided) arrogance of your average Cork fan that pi$$es us off, whats your excuse? :) .

mite be the fact the last competitive meeting between the two sies ended in a 2-0 victory to limerick!

actually i should hate cork. they gave us cp o brien and jamie nolan.:mad:

Drumcondra Red
01/12/2005, 10:46 AM
Explain :confused:
In Limerick's hey day in the late seventies, early/ mid 80's (before my time I'm afraid)

Also before Cork City's time too!!! I doubt Limerick could give 2 fcuks about them to be honest!

Colm
01/12/2005, 11:09 AM
Is Roy O' Donovan suspended? Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the best full back in the league (Simon Webb) put the little cheat in his pocket for 90 minutes.

Why is Roy O'Donovan a little cheat??

Pablo
01/12/2005, 11:14 AM
Why is Roy O'Donovan a little cheat??

well he did say Simon Webb was the best full back in the league so one can assume he's not a well man!

patsh
01/12/2005, 11:15 AM
Is Roy O' Donovan suspended? Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the best full back in the league (Simon Webb) put the little cheat in his pocket for 90 minutes.
If thats the kind of thing that passes for football knowledge down Limerick way, no wonder they are in the 1st division, and will be for a long, long time.
Webb wouldn't even be the best full back in the Munster Senior league...:rolleyes:

Cosmo
01/12/2005, 11:18 AM
If thats the kind of thing that passes for football knowledge down Limerick way, no wonder they are in the 1st division, and will be for a long, long time.
Webb wouldn't even be the best full back in the Munster Senior league...:rolleyes:

In fairness, you're talking complete bo**ox now - the standard of left backs in the league is poor enough imo but I would definitely put webb as the second best left back in the league - he has been outstanding for us this season and I always thought he was the best in the league when he was with bohs

pete
01/12/2005, 11:22 AM
Webb was the best left fullback before he left Bohs, now Danny Murphy is the best.

Colm
01/12/2005, 11:25 AM
In fairness, you're talking complete bo**ox now - the standard of left backs in the league is poor enough imo but I would definitely put webb as the second best left back in the league - he has been outstanding for us this season and I always thought he was the best in the league when he was with bohs

We have four players (Danny, Greg, Hoggy, Billy) capable of playing in the left back position and I reckon all 4 are better than Webb.