PDA

View Full Version : 2nd leg latest

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ringo
25/11/2005, 5:16 PM
Just before i leave to go to the game, i just want to say , may the best team win. i know a lot of people have a problem with us, theres nothing i can do about that. whoever wins over the two legs deserves to say up or get promoted. while we might not have as many fans as Rovers , i hope you can all understand how passionate we we feel about our small club. lets have a good match of football & if Rovers stay up, good luck to them, its up to the players now. Its going to be very hard for Dublin City to win over the two legs, the premier team has the advantage. Let battle commence.

Rebal Boy
25/11/2005, 5:49 PM
Good luck Dublin City I hope ye do it.

yan
25/11/2005, 6:45 PM
is it on tele?

sligoman
25/11/2005, 6:47 PM
is it on tele?Setanta Sports.

sligoman
25/11/2005, 7:54 PM
Dublin City 0-0 Shams:). Half-Time.

blutil
25/11/2005, 8:14 PM
2 bad teams :(

blutil
25/11/2005, 8:16 PM
1-0 dub city ! rovers going down ?

blutil
25/11/2005, 8:18 PM
1-1 game on !

sligoman
25/11/2005, 8:20 PM
1-0 dub city !Collins after 55minutes:).

sligoman
25/11/2005, 8:21 PM
1-1 game on !Darn:mad: :o.

blutil
25/11/2005, 8:30 PM
penalty appeal for rovers turned down, would have been a bit harsh

Battery Rover
25/11/2005, 8:33 PM
How long left?

1 9 2 8
25/11/2005, 8:36 PM
:)

:)

:mad:
Quit with the smiley faces sligoman

Hope Shams go on to beat Franchise Home farm Everton FC

Maz
25/11/2005, 8:38 PM
Quit with the smiley faces sligoman

Hope Shams go on to beat Franchise Home farm Everton FC
Sligo and his over use of smilies!!

Hoping Rovers can pull something off here. Looking doubtful though

Monty
25/11/2005, 8:40 PM
btw its not Красный Армия but Краснaя Армия ;)

gypsydownunder
25/11/2005, 8:40 PM
C'mon City.

This couls be great.

And soooo good for irish football.

Bye bye Rovers

1 9 2 8
25/11/2005, 8:45 PM
btw its not Красный Армия but Краснaя Армия ;)
Thanks for the spelling lesson lad my Russian isn't as good as it used to be

Monty
25/11/2005, 8:51 PM
Is it finished?

gypsydownunder
25/11/2005, 8:53 PM
4 mins of injury time.

c'mon city

harpskid
25/11/2005, 8:57 PM
All over

1 9 2 8
25/11/2005, 8:57 PM
All over 1-1

gypsydownunder
25/11/2005, 8:58 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

De Vikings. De Vikings De Vikings.

Bye Bye Rovers.
Bye Bye

Monty
Congrats to City, sorry for Hoops...

Seeya

geg124
Just finished. 1-1 so Dublin City win 3-2 after two legs.

Congradulations to Dublin City :cool:

Battery Rover
Congrats DC

Welcome to the graveyard Rovers

Maz
25/11/2005, 8:59 PM
Congrats DC

Welcome to the graveyard Rovers
Hard luck to Rovers, gutted for them, but maybe the chance they need to rebuild the club. Honesly thought they would turn around the 1st leg result

Well done to Dub city

Soko
25/11/2005, 9:04 PM
What a rubbish game between 2 terrible teams.

fbtn
25/11/2005, 9:07 PM
Madness! Rovers looked safe about two months ago and now they are down with us :confused:

Doesn't make it any easier for us coming straight back up - should be some battles though.

Well done CHF. To beat Rovers over two legs like that they deserve it no matter what anyone says.

Seery must be delerious after all the craic with Roddy last season. Roddy gets them relegated and then inadvertently brings them back up by fcuking up Rovers.

Really sorry to see Rovers go down after the heroics of their fans this season.

adamcarr
25/11/2005, 9:11 PM
Really annoyed to see Rovers go down but more annoyed to see that joke of a club come into the premier!:rolleyes:

feo123
25/11/2005, 9:19 PM
Dublin City have a s**t ground, poor side an about 100 fans! they'll be a very poor addidtion to the premier....happy enough though because we shold finish higher than them which means we wont get automatically relegated! unless they change the promotion/relegation system!

junkie
25/11/2005, 9:20 PM
Congratulations Dublin City on your deserved promotion to the Premier!

All I'll say to Rovers is enjoy your trips to Athlone and Monaghan next season!!!!!!! :)

Vitruvian Man
25/11/2005, 9:34 PM
Congratulations Dublin City.

You've done Irish football a great service.

bohs til i die
25/11/2005, 9:38 PM
bye bye scum.

enjoy Athlone, Limerick, Galway, Dundalk, Kilkenny, Kildare [big derby], Ballybofey, Monaghan and Cobh.

ccfcgirl
25/11/2005, 9:44 PM
Congradulations Dublin City. Im gutted to see Rovers go down . There fans realy put alot of time into the club , losing 8 points didnt help them .When Shamrock Rovers came to the cross so did the crowds .:(

Slash/ED
25/11/2005, 9:57 PM
Just wait until the FAI expand the league and render this beautiful moment meaningless.

Poor Student
25/11/2005, 9:58 PM
Congratulations Dublin City. It was another fairly poor game. Rovers more than deserved their relegation on the basis of both legs.

goattail
25/11/2005, 10:03 PM
I see some of the dimmer Bohs fans here are dancing with glee to see Rovers go down. Idiots, do you really think Bohs of all clubs can afford to loose such a lucrative fixture to be replaced by a team that may not even exist this time next year and will only bring a handfull of fans to Dalymount park next season. It is a tragedy to see any club go down for the first time after 8 decades of league membership especially because of a points deduction caused by two *****s that almost killed the club and who no longer have any association with the club.
At least Cork and Derry city did the league a favour by spreading the success around the country and giving the league a great finish.

bohs til i die
25/11/2005, 10:08 PM
I see some of the dimmer Bohs fans here are dancing with glee to see Rovers go down. Idiots, do you really think Bohs of all clubs can afford to loose such a lucrative fixture to be replaced by a team that may not even exist this time next year and will only bring a handfull of fans to Dalymount park next season. It is a tragedy to see any club go down for the first time after 8 decades of league membership especially because of a points deduction caused by two *****s that almost killed the club and who no longer have any association with the club.

While Rovers is our biggest gate, we are only missing out on about €15000-€20,000. FACT. When you take out match day expenses and the Garda bill, its not exactly an earth shattering amount.

Its a ****ing tragedy you lot didnt go out of business 4 months ago.

Mr A
25/11/2005, 10:16 PM
Fair play to Dublin City, Keely and Seery. For all that's said about them they earned promotion from a bitch of a division to get out of.

Hard luck Rovers. Welcome to the graveyard.

4tothefloor
25/11/2005, 10:26 PM
Dublin City are a joke of a club with no fans, no soul and no home. How anybody can celebrate their ascension up to the premier is beyond me. What good is a club that brings no fans to games, apart from a dedicated soul with a loud drum? Or when you go to play them away from home, the ground (wherever that will be this time) is like a morgue, except for same soul with drum? It's depressing, and it's even more depressing when you see them and their empty ground on tv. As far as i'm concerned they're a fabricated club going nowhere in the long term. I think the travesty is that a club like this keeps taking up a place in the premier every second season.

Rovers on the other hand are a good club with a great history, who are striving to do their best to get themselves back in order after years of mismanagement. Granted a lot of their fans are scumbags, but a lot of them are also among the most dedicated in Europe and the 400club is evidence of that. I'd take them anyday over Irelands version of MK Dons (minus the fans). Dublin City are no addition to the premier, so I can't see how tonight is good for the league.....

Vitruvian Man
25/11/2005, 10:27 PM
At least Cork and Derry city did the league a favour by spreading the success around the country and giving the league a great finish.

It's called rivalry you mong.
What is it with Rovers fans that they think everybody else needs them. I suppose the likes of Kilkenny City and Monaghan Utd will be deleriously happy that they are now potential multi-millionaires on the back of the mighty Rovers playing them in a match.

In case you didn't notice the Bohs/Rovers fixture is worth as much in money terms to Rovers as it is to Bohs. But you guys also have to miss out on your lucrative fixtures against Shels, Pats, Cork, and Drogheda. You will also feel the bite of reduced sponsorship and the cost of every away game being something you have to travel to. Also the floating hoop fan might just decide to drive his taxi or deal his drugs instead of going to see you play at home to Cobh Ramblers. So lap it up.

Don't worry about us, Bohemians have lots of latent resourses we'll get over the financial "disaster" of not having to host you scumbags. In fact a little birdie has told me that the 400 Club have already made an approach to Bohemians about renting Dalymount Park next season - looks like we might be leeching more money out of your coffers yet.

Buller
25/11/2005, 10:28 PM
Dublin City are a joke of a club with no fans, no soul and no home. How anybody can celebrate their ascension up to the premier is beyond me. What good is a club that brings no fans to games, apart from a dedicated soul with a loud drum? Or when you go to play them away from home, the ground (wherever that will be this time) is like a morgue, except for same soul with drum? It's depressing, and it's even more depressing when you see them and their empty ground on tv. As far as i'm concerned they're a fabricated club going nowhere in the long term. I think the travesty is that a club like this keeps taking up a place in the premier every second season.

Rovers on the other hand are a good club with a great history, who are striving to do their best to get themselves back in order after years of mismanagement. Granted a lot of their fans are scumbags, but a lot of them are also among the most dedicated in Europe and the 400club is evidence of that. I'd take them anyday over Irelands version of MK Dons (minus the fans). Dublin City are no addition to the premier, so I can't see how tonight is good for the league.....

Exactly. Today was a bad day for Irish football and i think nearly everyone here can agree on that...:(

A face
25/11/2005, 10:29 PM
bad news for Rovers but worse for the league !!

All efforts now have to be summoned to gt Rovers back up .... everyone involved needs to get behind this and get back up asap. There is a wealth of experience there and all this needs to come inot play.

Best of luck to all the hoops ... there is a short journey back up if there are many traveling together !! :ball:

Slash/ED
25/11/2005, 10:29 PM

Say what you will about Dublin and their fanbase, they wont try any b*ll*cks like trying to storm the away section after matches. I wont miss that, and they're promoted on merit. If they bring nothing to the league it's upto everyone else to be better than them and force them back down.

Poor Student
25/11/2005, 10:31 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I go to games to support my team. It doesn't matter if we're playing Kilkenny in a sloped field in a pre-season friendly or Derry in a League Cup final, I will be there and I will enjoy it if we win and hate it if we lose. I don't rely on the opposition and their fans to make it enjoyable for me. I won't actually miss Rovers and I say that with my hand on my heart. My team makes my games for me. If we play well I am happy, if they don't, then I am not. Rovers don't even bring anything to Belfield. Last time they barely even brought any fans.

junkie
25/11/2005, 10:38 PM
Dublin City are there on merit, they've invested so much time and effort in their club to get back into the Premier and for a club only 4/5 years old as far as I'm concerned they're a huge credit to this league and they don't come full of crap that comes with Rovers.

There's no point moaning now Rovers, you got what you deserved. Your club has made a mockery of our domestic league in recent years be it from finances to doing absolutely nothing about your hoolie problem. I personally will be happier attending matches with Dublin City rather than going to watch Shels playing Rovers knowing there's going to be some sort of hoolie trouble.

If you sort yourselves out next season from getting your house in order and finally acknowledging and doing something about your hooligan problem then I'll welcome you guys back in the Premier.

Dublin City are the winners tonight and everyone should give them the deserved credit they are due.

dfx-
25/11/2005, 10:39 PM
It's called rivalry you mong.
What is it with Rovers fans that they think everybody else needs them. I suppose the likes of Kilkenny City and Monaghan Utd will be deleriously happy that they are now potential multi-millionaires on the back of the mighty Rovers playing them in a match.

In case you didn't notice the Bohs/Rovers fixture is worth as much in money terms to Rovers as it is to Bohs. But you guys also have to miss out on your lucrative fixtures against Shels, Pats, Cork, and Drogheda. You will also feel the bite of reduced sponsorship and the cost of every away game being something you have to travel to. Also the floating hoop fan might just decide to drive his taxi or deal his drugs instead of going to see you play at home to Cobh Ramblers. So lap it up.

Don't worry about us, Bohemians have lots of latent resourses we'll get over the financial "disaster" of not having to host you scumbags. In fact a little birdie has told me that the 400 Club have already made an approach to Bohemians about renting Dalymount Park next season - looks like we might be leeching more money out of your coffers yet.

Quite. Simply. Sad.

Firstly, I do want to be overly patronised by people saying oh wouldn't it be great if Rovers were there instead, but "rivalry" is obviously mistaken for obsession by some 'rivals'.

Secondly, I am not going to bother getting into a pointless argument with any Bohs fan tonight. Tonight, for me, has nothing to do with Bohs fans.:rolleyes:

B-Stand
25/11/2005, 10:41 PM
Zipedeedoodaa, Zipedeedooday, my oh my, what (another) beautiful day!

Fantastic night for Irish football, delighted to see the homeless where they belong! Well done, Dublin City, you've made a lot of Bohs fans very, very happy.

Champagne anyone?

gustavo
25/11/2005, 10:41 PM
bad news for Rovers but worse for the league !!

All efforts now have to be summoned to gt Rovers back up .... everyone involved needs to get behind this and get back up asap. There is a wealth of experience there and all this needs to come inot play.

Best of luck to all the hoops ... there is a short journey back up if there are many traveling together !! :ball:

disagree with you there Face , if they are good enough to come up they will and if they arent welll they wont.

Slash/ED
25/11/2005, 10:43 PM
Besides, finally, next season the premier league might have that strong Rovers team it apparently needs. Good luck to Sligo.