PDA

View Full Version : Transfers Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The spaniard
25/11/2005, 12:04 PM
Just wondering who were the Major targets for the various clubs
Had heard plenty of links but is there any certain moves as yet????

Will Crowe and Ndo go? Is Stevie Williams off? where?
How many have Longford released? Feguson-Bohs? Dillon-Drogheda?
Is Zayed coming back? is David Tyrrell staying? Robbie Doyle from Pats?
Are Pats buying 3 big names? whos being mentioned?
Are Cork lookin for a new front man?
Is Stephen Kenny holding on to all his Derry squad or are the big bench players like Pat McCourt Alan Murphy and Breen Cash moving on as predicted? where?
Who are Sligo taking in? Any of the above?
Any other news?
Always an exciting time I think...Makes the new season all the more mouthwatering

Hulsey
25/11/2005, 12:12 PM
Is Zayed coming back? is David Tyrrell staying? Robbie Doyle from Pats?

As far as I know Eamo has another year on his wanderers contract & will hopefully stay. Doubt Tyrell will stay, but I've heard he's been offered a contract with the seagulls.

Raheny Red
25/11/2005, 12:35 PM
Well here is a list from the shels web about the players leaving the club:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=202

Krstic
25/11/2005, 1:08 PM
Derry City have released Damian Brennan.

David Forde has, according to todays Derry journal, gone on trial with QPR.

Stephen Kenny has said he intends to keep most of the squad and mentioned that Brian Cash and Stephen O'Flynn in particular, have alot more to offer Derry City.

Block G Raptor
25/11/2005, 1:10 PM
Word from the Dalymount Sources say's jason mcguinness and fabio o'brien in

Krstic
25/11/2005, 1:14 PM
Word from the Dalymount Sources say's jason mcguinness and fabio o'brien in

Fancy selling us Hunt???

Roo69
25/11/2005, 1:25 PM
Bray are being linked with Robbie Doyle, Danny O'Connor, Stephen Gough and John Frost.

Eamon is back and will be with us next season, he signed a new contract the day before he went on loan.

Poor Student
25/11/2005, 1:34 PM
Bray are being linked with Robbie Doyle

He's your cousin. Spill the beans now Roo.:)

Roo69
25/11/2005, 1:43 PM
He's your cousin. Spill the beans now Roo.:)

Thats all i know :D

Poor Student
25/11/2005, 1:46 PM
Thats all i know :D

If he intends to stay in Dublin and he won't go back to Bohs, or be with Pats, will hardly be wanted by Shels and should hardly want to go to Rovers that only leaves his other two old clubs.:D

Block G Raptor
25/11/2005, 1:47 PM
Fancy selling us Hunt???

No Problem 2m plus McCourt should just about do it :D

are u nucking futs

Risteard
25/11/2005, 1:51 PM
Dan O Connor to Bray?
Drogs keeper?
Why would he do that?

Roo69
25/11/2005, 1:58 PM
Dan O Connor to Bray?
Drogs keeper?
Why would he do that?

Who said anything about Dan Connor ? I said Danny O'Connor, 2 totally different players who play for 2 different clubs. 1 is a goalkeeper and the other is a defender.

Krstic
25/11/2005, 2:23 PM
No Problem 2m plus McCourt should just about do it :D

are u nucking futs

McCourt's out of contract as far as I know, so it's open season there.

As for 2m, how about 4 m+m's???

Seriously though, Hunt's a great player.
Is he English??? And is that why he has never been mentioned for an Ireland Cap.??

Speranza
25/11/2005, 2:27 PM
Is Stephen Kenny holding on to all his Derry squad or are the big bench players like Pat McCourt Alan Murphy and Breen Cash moving on as predicted? where?

Who predicted that:confused: Alan Murphy signed a contract extension at the beginning of this season. Cash had a back injury which kept him out all season. The Mc Court situation is unpredictable. Heard so many rumours - few people says he is staying, Motherwell supposedly after him and he rejected them twice in a week, QPR after him too. They could all be bull but I fancy him to stay. Didn't think Pat would be the kind of player to get emotional but last Friday he was distraught. Unfinished business.

One paper said Kenny had his eyes on 6 players. Darren Kelly :) and Michael Collins being two of them - both play with Portydown

Dyl10
25/11/2005, 3:04 PM
I hear stephan o brian has signed for bohs

The spaniard
25/11/2005, 3:08 PM
Who predicted that:confused: Alan Murphy signed a contract extension at the beginning of this season. Cash had a back injury which kept him out all season. The Mc Court situation is unpredictable. Heard so many rumours - few people says he is staying, Motherwell supposedly after him and he rejected them twice in a week, QPR after him too. They could all be bull but I fancy him to stay. Didn't think Pat would be the kind of player to get emotional but last Friday he was distraught. Unfinished business.

One paper said Kenny had his eyes on 6 players. Darren Kelly :) and Michael Collins being two of them - both play with Portydown

Just confirmed to me via e-mail that Derrys Alan Murphy is definitely out of contract and thats really interesting about Patrick McCourt...keep it coming

Maz
25/11/2005, 3:10 PM
Barry Ferguson to Bohs (Definate)
Stephen O' Brien to Kilkenny, Bohs or Pats (None yet confirmed)
As for Sean Dillon, no one is really sure what is going on there
Have heard Paul Keegan will be going to Scotland.

Drumcondra Red
25/11/2005, 3:14 PM

Is he English??? And is that why he has never been mentioned for an Ireland Cap.??

Because he's english...

Dodge
25/11/2005, 3:19 PM
Entitled to a passport now. Cue another nationality debate...

brandy86
25/11/2005, 3:43 PM
Paddy McCourt signs new 3 yr contract for Derry City

headtheball
25/11/2005, 3:58 PM
Just confirmed to me via e-mail that Derrys Alan Murphy is definitely out of contract and thats really interesting about Patrick McCourt...keep it coming

Alan Murphy joined Derry 2 seasons ago from Galway on a 3 yr contract(fact),so he is most definitely not out of contract.Paddy McCourt this afternoon signed a 3 yr contract....

Speranza
25/11/2005, 4:18 PM
Superb regarding Mc Court. He hasn't had a break from football in ages as he joined Rovers direct from a season with Rochdale. Hope we'll see the best of after a good rest.

Dazzy
25/11/2005, 4:38 PM
Hope Forde stays, if not i want Quigley(UCD) or Williams to replace him, Jennings HAS to go, he was a shambles the other night over thing that saved him was 3 saves:p

pete
26/11/2005, 11:08 AM
Derry City have released Damian Brennan.

Strange decision when he started last week & McCourt on the bench signs 3 year contract...

:confused:

Derry City squad breaking up already? ;)

Speranza
26/11/2005, 11:21 AM
Kenny is sticking to his guns in regards to his "live local" policy. Daisy couldn't as he works for his da's business in Dubland.

He wasn't first choice, Eddie Mc Callion starts before him if he is fit.

Dazzy
26/11/2005, 1:00 PM
Strange decision when he started last week & McCourt on the bench signs 3 year contract...

:confused:

Derry City squad breaking up already? ;)

Pete thats the wrong Brennan your on about starting, Daisy got released.

The Brennan that started last week was Killian who signed a 2 year contract the other week along with Martyn!

The spaniard
26/11/2005, 1:21 PM
Alan Murphy joined Derry 2 seasons ago from Galway on a 3 yr contract(fact),so he is most definitely not out of contract.Paddy McCourt this afternoon signed a 3 yr contract....

well done on the McCourt story...fantastic news for you to tie him to the club for THREE years...especially after all the overseas interest

But im afraid you have terrible sources on the Murphy story
he is certainly out of contract and I have been mailed by various fans of a host of clubs saying their respective bosses are attempting to sign him
Just checked your fans website there too where its confirmed
Hope ye hold on to the guy though

Speranza
26/11/2005, 2:05 PM
I hope we keep him to but he wouldn't be in my XI. Barry Molloy and Ciaran Martyn are IMO better players in centre mid and he won't start up front.

He is living in Derry with other players and it would appear he is settled. Heres hoping...

Poor Student
26/11/2005, 2:17 PM
What's the word on Clive Delaney? Will he stay? Or will he decide to remain in Dublin?

Speranza
26/11/2005, 3:30 PM
Read an interview a few weeks ago and the basic jist of it was that he will be leaving. He didn't put it that bluntly but stated he couldn't get a job with PWC in Derry so has to remain in Dublin.

Give me Darren Kelly any day over Clive.

Martinho II
26/11/2005, 6:25 PM
we are linked with:

robbie martin ucd
alan mcnally ucd
kevin doherty shels

Roo69
28/11/2005, 12:07 PM
we are linked with:

robbie martin ucd
alan mcnally ucd
kevin doherty shels

why ?

Block G Raptor
28/11/2005, 1:26 PM

Yes he's english but he does qualify to play for the republic as he's been living and working here for over 5 years

should be considered imo

Wiseguy
28/11/2005, 3:14 PM
The word is that Sean Dillon will put pen to paper on a new contract this week with LTFC.....i hope so.

Speranza
28/11/2005, 3:45 PM
Kevin Mc Who talked with Harps yesterday about signing a new contract. Word expected later today with us, Linfield and Portadown all supposedly showing interest

Poor Student
28/11/2005, 3:55 PM
Why would Linfield want him. Still not getting enough goals for their own liking? They're averaging about 4 goals a game in the IL.

Speranza
28/11/2005, 4:24 PM
Thompson will probably leave in January. Harps fans are always talking about his business interests and how they come first so a move to Belfast doesn't seem logical. I reckon he will be in candystripes come Feb.

aido_b
28/11/2005, 4:54 PM
Yes he's english but he does qualify to play for the republic as he's been living and working here for over 5 years

should be considered imo

Hunty said in an interview last year that he'd never play for Ireland because he thought it was unfair on Irish nationals who might lose out due to his inclusion!

Pity that!

Ah well I was touting Eoin Mullen for an Irish cap for years, the man was a legend!

Conor H
01/12/2005, 4:28 PM
Alan Murphy joined Derry 2 seasons ago from Galway on a 3 yr contract(fact),so he is most definitely not out of contract...
He is now !!!He's come home to make sure the tribesmen get back where we belong next season!!:D :D :)

Galwayexile
01/12/2005, 4:31 PM
best signing we have made in years, well done Galway. All we need now is a certain goalkeeper.

Conor H
01/12/2005, 4:32 PM
best signing we have made in years, well done Galway. All we need now is a certain goalkeeper.
Well Goughie has decided to stay on so.....we already have one.But im sure we would take another!!:D

Galwayexile
01/12/2005, 4:35 PM
good news about gough, one of the best servants for Utd in a long time. Ah the good times are rolling back to terryland and rightly so.We have been dormant for too long.With scully going to rovers it makes it a very interesting first divison next season.

Conor H
01/12/2005, 4:38 PM
good news about gough, one of the best servants for Utd in a long time. Ah the good times are rolling back to terryland and rightly so.We have been dormant for too long.With scully going to rovers it makes it a very interesting first divison next season.
It doesn't matter what the other teams do.....we have more top signings on the way......we are going to win the league..FACT!

Galwayexile
01/12/2005, 4:40 PM
yep i know.With murphy we are guaranteed 20 goals a season if he finds his old form.Maybe im jumping the gun but it feels like christmas day with this signing.

Speranza
01/12/2005, 5:14 PM
Has he definitly signed. Bolt from the blue here.

Conor H
01/12/2005, 5:32 PM
Has he definitly signed. Bolt from the blue here.
See here. (http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie)

Maynard
01/12/2005, 5:36 PM
We're being linked with John Lester-And apparently 4/5 of the promotion winning side re-signed last night with one or two more to follow, no names yet.

IMO we could do with getting Paul Crowley back...oh and someone who scores lots of goals:rolleyes:

Martinho II
03/12/2005, 5:38 PM
why ?

i am goin with the longford leader r sayin about martin and mcnally!

i also heard from a good source that alan murphy who is now at newry and ex town great paul mcnally want to resign for the club!

we will see!:p

blue til i die
03/12/2005, 8:52 PM
We're being linked with John Lester-And apparently 4/5 of the promotion winning side re-signed last night with one or two more to follow,

Well he's a free agent now. I thought he played superb for us toward the end of last season when his fitness levels improved. Good player