PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Cork City

Pages : [1] 2

jofyisgod
18/11/2005, 8:35 PM
The best team in the country, who play the best football, with the best crowds, and now a trophy to prove it.

Bring on the Cup Final!:ball:

higgins
18/11/2005, 8:39 PM
Well Done ....

Im very Happy for Rico and would choose Cork over Derry if it wasnt for the UEFA Cup spot we could have got.

Anyway thats all gone now so best of luck next season in the Champions League :)

dahamsta
18/11/2005, 8:40 PM
Well deserved imho, well done.

I was gonna stick up a big DHTML ad congratulating them, until I realised that the crest I have is about five years old. :)

gustavo
18/11/2005, 8:43 PM
Congrats Cork City well deserved im happy for ye!

geg124
18/11/2005, 8:44 PM
Congradulations to Cork. They have been the best team all season and they fully deserved the win

They might even win the double

Good luck to them in the champions league and lets hope they can get as far or even beat where Shelbourne got to

jofyisgod
18/11/2005, 8:45 PM
Cheers lads:If it ain't in Dublin, it's kosher...

Listening to the commo on BBC-The FAI have even managed to fcuk up the presentation a bit. It's done now though. God, i wish i was there..

SPXcyan
18/11/2005, 8:52 PM
It was a good game for Cork city...well done to them ye deserved it without a doubt..going to be a good season next year thats for sure!

aberharp
18/11/2005, 8:59 PM
congratulations

blutil
18/11/2005, 9:00 PM
congrats, well done

hoopy
18/11/2005, 9:00 PM
Don't want to kick Derry fans while they're down but the best football team won the league. Unfortunately for them they were totally outplayed on the night by a better side. It's probably no consolation but I'm sure if Derry fans look back they'll say it was a far better season than they could have imagined, probably lacking the creativity that Cork have

hamish
18/11/2005, 9:02 PM
Congratulations to the mighty, mighty Corky Boys. Great display, great crowd, great team, great manager and a grand game of football. Thoroughly deserved.
To Derry City - hard luck. Great season though. Fans were brilliant even after the final whistle.
The Eircom League is the winner too.
Not forgetting Drogheda United in Europe as well. Well done the Drogs.:)
Don't know about you lot but can't wait for the Setanta and Europe next season.

holidaysong
18/11/2005, 9:05 PM
Well done Cork City, now same kind of stuff in the FAI cup final against the Drogs please! :)

Conor H
18/11/2005, 9:59 PM
Fair play to yee!

thomas
18/11/2005, 10:27 PM
Well done Damo, just a pity he had to win his first title with cark and not the club who've been stealing the headlines.

RonnieB
18/11/2005, 10:43 PM
Well done Cork.

feo123
18/11/2005, 10:44 PM
Well done to all involved with Cork City...overall ye probably deserved it!! good lick in the cup final aswell. See ye next year!

oconghc2
18/11/2005, 10:46 PM
yep - well deserved - consistent through the year!! looked hungriest side tonight!

congrats

bohs til i die
18/11/2005, 10:58 PM
Thank you Cork for denying that tosser Kenny the league title.

BleusAvantTout
18/11/2005, 11:04 PM
Congratulations to Cork - you were easily the best side tonight!

bigmac
18/11/2005, 11:04 PM
Fair play to all involved in Cork, great achievement, glad to see the title out of Dublin and thanks for making it the best season in a long time. Never seen so much media coverage as there was surrounding this last game.
Well done again.

cheifo
18/11/2005, 11:12 PM
Congrats,when Cork came to Finn Park for the first game of the season,
everyone agreed they looked a classy outfit.

Dazzy
18/11/2005, 11:12 PM
Congrats to Cork, the best team on the night and you desreve it, Heres to keeping Dublin winning **** all for a good few seasons:D

ger121
19/11/2005, 12:01 AM
Well done the langers:p For me the best team all season, was at the Bohs-Shels game tonight but as we were getting thumped thought I'd listen in on the radio. Looking good for a double and I'm sure you'll do well in the cl next season;)

dfx-
19/11/2005, 12:11 AM
Well done Cork. I still say that Derry are the best and more consistent team in the league, but ifit comes down to you lot against Derry and you beat them (the better team, imo) twice out of three games, you earn the title.:cool:

Galwayexile
19/11/2005, 12:19 AM
Well done cork, the best team won the match and the league. Ye play football the right way.

Billy Lord
19/11/2005, 1:31 AM
Delighted for Damien. A great Hoop, a nice bloke, and someone who believes in playing football properly.
The Langers will be unbearable though!

chippie0001
19/11/2005, 1:39 AM
Not into this love in so no congrats from me, I am still too bitter.

However in my view based on the games I have seen Cork were the best team in the country and play the best football. So I think the fairest result was achieved. Should be interesting next Season as Shels looked class tonight, totally destroyed us could have been 10.

ccfcgirl
19/11/2005, 1:39 AM
Congrats to Cork, the best team on the night and you desreve it, Heres to keeping Dublin winning **** all for a good few seasons:DFair Play to Derry also for keeping the league going right to the last day .

sligoman
19/11/2005, 1:40 AM
Well done Corkie boys. I didn't want ye to win it but ye did. Totally outplayed Derry tonight(although, judging by their performance I'd say any team might have been able to do that). Derry just didn't turn up tonight, whatever happened they just couldn't keep up with ye. That lad Behan looked very good and Kearney too. I still think Derry are the better team but I suppose in the end up, the table never lies!:(.

max power
19/11/2005, 8:04 AM
well i might like yee lot down on Lee side, but i do respect yee.

well done on the league success, a great 21st birthday gift eh......enjoy the party and we'll see yee in the Flansiro next season for another 0-0 draw

Max.

Comic Book Guy
19/11/2005, 8:18 AM
well done, best team in the country won it in the end, totally deserved, any other year and Derry would have won it, delighted for fellow townies Michael Devine and John O'Flynn.

1 9 2 8
19/11/2005, 8:25 AM
Well done Cork City do the eL proud in Europe next year. Hard luck Derry.

How come their was no congratulations pop up on foot.ie when Derry won the League cup or when Sligo Rovers won the 1st Division

Dodge
19/11/2005, 8:49 AM
Not into this love in so no congrats from me, I am still too bitter.

However in my view based on the games I have seen Cork were the best team in the country and play the best football. So I think the fairest result was achieved.
What he said. Any season where none of ther Dub teams win anything and Shels finished out of the main euro comp places can't be all bad.

Mayo Red
19/11/2005, 8:54 AM
Congratulations Cork, by far the best team in the Premier Division this season and the best footballing side. Great scenes at the final whistle in a packed Turners Cross, reminded me of the Showgrounds, it shows what EL football is all about and the potential that is there!

ccfcgirl
19/11/2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks Max............

monkey magic
19/11/2005, 10:31 AM
well done cork, quality of football played last nite was outstanding an a great advert for the league, just dont let it get to yer heads...

cant wait for next season now, yerselves an shels should be a great battle..

hard luck derry, on the night i dont think there was a lot ye could do, all the same i was a bit dissapointed with the way ye played.. to interested in getting the ball up the field as qiuck as possible with out trying play the ball on the ground and build up from the back.

Drumcondra Red
19/11/2005, 10:32 AM
At least we can sit back in the knowledge that this won't be rubbed in our faces on the back page, thank you mister Keane!!!

monkey magic
19/11/2005, 10:33 AM
keane for cork city???:p

would ye take him:eek:

Vitruvian Man
19/11/2005, 12:39 PM
Have to add my congrats to Cork.

it is always good if the champions are a classy side rather than grinders.

That's not taking away from Derry who would have been worthy champions if they had managed it.

So the battle of the bottlers is settled then - Rico wins!

ccfcgirl
19/11/2005, 12:57 PM
Im not on here Gloating . I have waited along time to see city winning the league . We were nearly there last year ,but it was worth the wait this year. Words cant describe how i feel right now.

jofyisgod
19/11/2005, 2:43 PM
Im not on here Gloating . I have waited along time to see city winning the league . We were nearly there last year ,but it was worth the wait this year. Words cant describe how i feel right now.

I am on here gloating:p I agree with you though-i really can't believe it-CHAMPIONS!! Anyone who's interested, there's some great video clips from the Shed over on the official forum.

Maz
19/11/2005, 3:10 PM
Ah wasnt that bothered! :p

Seriously though, congratulations to Cork City and all involved.

thejollyrodger
19/11/2005, 3:22 PM
Well done city.

Anto McC
19/11/2005, 3:43 PM
Congrats to All Cork City Players,management,anyone involved with the club but especially all Cork City fans.

Cork and Shels fans have had a few run-ins over the years to say the least but there is no dening that Cork have a great set of fans who follow them all over the country(and Europe) unconditionally and they deserve this title as much as anyone.

Stevo Da Gull
19/11/2005, 3:50 PM
Congratulations to Cork! Do the league and yourselves proud next year in Europe:)

BohDiddley
19/11/2005, 4:40 PM
Congrats to Cork and fair dues. You won it with style, and, what's more, you are not Shelbourne :p
A great advertisement for Irish football.
(Pity The Irish Times only saw fit to run it on p4 of their sports supplement.)

(I won't even ask why this has been moved ...)

Cosmo
19/11/2005, 5:12 PM
Obviously the best team in the league see as they're champions, so fair play!!

Honestly thought they'd bottle it, but they didnt so fair play - good to see a team with a good few locals in the team doing well!!

EnDai
19/11/2005, 5:26 PM
Congratulations. :)

rayfinkle
19/11/2005, 6:16 PM
Well done City, thoroughly deserved.....Was just in the garage getting de echo reading THE headline and a guy appears behind me with his city jersey and the same red eyes as me & says with a hint of pirde....."championees" .....it just sums up perfectly how everyone feels, again well done city, best nite ever!

thejollyrodger
19/11/2005, 6:32 PM
Congratulations to Shelbourne FC as well :)