PDA

View Full Version : Cork v Derry - Nuetrals only

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dodge
13/11/2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry corkies/nordies, this poll is for neutrals only. Just wondering who people would prefer to see win the league.

Réiteoir
13/11/2005, 11:54 PM
Derry

EnDai
14/11/2005, 12:29 AM
Dóire.

dfx-
14/11/2005, 12:31 AM
Derry City F.C.

For no other reason than I think they are the best team and best overall package (coaches etc.) in the league.

sligoman
14/11/2005, 12:36 AM
The City of Derry of course:)

Ringo
14/11/2005, 4:46 AM
Cork, deserve it over the season.

Conor H
14/11/2005, 7:02 AM
Derry.

Macy
14/11/2005, 7:09 AM
Derry. But a bit of a win win - either Rico or Kenny will bottle it. :cool:

bigmac
14/11/2005, 8:11 AM
Derry, so Cork can win the cup and we get our best 3 sides in the UEFA.

Terry
14/11/2005, 8:21 AM
Comon Derry

gustavo
14/11/2005, 9:07 AM
Cork if only cos i think Ricos a bit of a legend and i have been watching them progress over the last 3-4 years .

sligoman
14/11/2005, 9:16 AM
Progression without winning anything :confused:You can still progress without winning a trophy. Look at Derry for example, even if they win nothing this season they will still have progressed on last season.

gustavo
14/11/2005, 9:18 AM
welll they finished 6th ,3rd , 4th , 2nd in the last 4 seasons so yeah i would call that progress.

Mark Breen
14/11/2005, 9:23 AM
Derry, if for nothing else i think shels would do better in the UEFA than the Drog's

dcfcsteve
14/11/2005, 9:25 AM
Derry. But a bit of a win win - either Rico or Kenny will bottle it. :cool:

Ehhhh ? :confused:

It's the last game of the season. Both teams have been neck-and-neck all year. The winner becomes league champions, the loser doesn't. There's only one possible outcome re the title. Only one team can win it.

So how exactly is anyone in danger of 'bottling it'....? :confused:

coislaoi
14/11/2005, 9:41 AM
Don't care - any chance of a ticket ?? Hey choker boys, have ye any of them prawn sandwich tickets for neutrals ?

You of all people shouldn't get a ticket. I'd rather a prawn sandwich head to get one before you.:p

Krstic
14/11/2005, 9:42 AM
You can still progress without winning a trophy. Look at Derry for example, even if they win nothing this season they will still have progressed on last season.

Ahem, I think we've already won the League Cup:eek:

sligoman
14/11/2005, 9:42 AM
Ahem, I think we've already won the League Cup:eek:Sorry, I should have said an important trophy;)

:D

KK77
14/11/2005, 9:50 AM
Cork for me no doubts

pete
14/11/2005, 10:01 AM
Now we know who our friends are. :(

Come on Drogs, ye should be voting for us...

Cosmo
14/11/2005, 10:03 AM
Well its in drogs interests if cork win it as we're guaranteed europe then. Also I'm not big fans of derry.

However, it would be nice seeing derry winning it for Steve Kenny as he's done a brilliant job up there! Also some of the cork fans have been getting on my tits on here lately and I have family who are cork fans and I'd never hear the end of it if they won it

Not sure, who I'd like to win it so. But seen as we're guaranteed europe if cork win it no matter what happens in the cup final, I have to go with that (am much as I know it will be rubbed in :mad: !!).

Macy
14/11/2005, 10:24 AM
Neutrals Only, if only Cork and Derry fans could leave the thread alone... :rolleyes: :D

Macy
14/11/2005, 10:28 AM
So how exactly is anyone in danger of 'bottling it'....? :confused:
Cork had it in the bag weeks ago, or should've. Rico bottling it, again.
Derry only need a point now, if they hold their bottle they'll win it. If they don't then Kenny will have bottled it - not like Kenny to lose the high pressure one off game though....

A face
14/11/2005, 10:32 AM
Neutrals Only, if only Cork and Derry fans could leave the thread alone... :rolleyes: :D

....... :D

pete
14/11/2005, 10:36 AM
Jeez first we barred from Fagans now this thread :eek:

Drogs are already guaranteed InterToto Cup (baring massive loss & huge Bohs win) & Setanta Cup next season. Cork City win in the league upgrades them to Uefa Cup.

Cosmo
14/11/2005, 10:43 AM
Cork City win in the league upgrades them to Uefa Cup.

but when we win the cup we'll be upgraded to UEFA too :p

Macy
14/11/2005, 10:47 AM
Jeez first we barred from Fagans now this thread :eek:
If we could just organise a foot.ie ban we'd be sorted. Cork City FC, the new Tana Umaga. Someone get onto Charlie Chawke :D

A face
14/11/2005, 11:31 AM
how many do you think will be in the cross at the start of next season if ye choke ??

Can we bring this back up again if we win on Friday ??

Slash/ED
14/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Cork had it in the bag weeks ago, or should've. Rico bottling it, again.
Derry only need a point now, if they hold their bottle they'll win it. If they don't then Kenny will have bottled it - not like Kenny to lose the high pressure one off game though....

How on earth does that work? In this league if you lose a game is the only way you can lose by 'bottling it'? :confused: Even if both Rico and Kenny, and their teams, give 100%, play the best they can possibley play, one will lose. How in the name of jaysus does that constitute bottling it?

A face
14/11/2005, 11:34 AM
How on earth does that work? In this league if you lose a game is the only way you can lose by 'bottling it'? :confused: Even if both Rico and Kenny, and their teams, give 100%, play the best they can possibley play, one will lose. How in the name of jaysus does that constitute bottling it?

I dunno ... there is a logic there somewhere .... its just you have to look really hard to see it !! :p

Jerry The Saint
14/11/2005, 11:35 AM
In this league if you lose a game is the only way you can lose by 'bottling it'?

When Rico is your manager? Yes. :p

A face
14/11/2005, 11:37 AM
When Rico is your manager? Yes. :p

So you'll admit ... its kinda pathetic to bring up this bottle it sh!te !! :eek: :D

joeSoap
14/11/2005, 11:41 AM
Even though I've no time for Rico, and would love to see an old Limerick striker winning the league (Steven O'Flynn), I want Cork to win it simply because I feel that the efforts of players like Devine, Georgie, John O'Flynn, Dan Murray, Alan Bennett and a few others over the past three seasons deserve a league title. It's been very very close this season, fantastic for the league, and I won't lose any sleep whichever side wins it, because both of them would deserve it.

Oh.......and I've got €50 on Cork at 7/1 since mid-March....

mchurl
14/11/2005, 11:41 AM
doire for all the hard work they put in to be the only club who got their a-licence from uefa

gael353
14/11/2005, 12:58 PM
Derry for me, not because i hate cork or anthing but because i hate RTE/TV3 ie GerKanning and his side kick Pat Morley who just both happen to be cork boys. TV3 then with their ace man Trevor Welsh (Cork) and Rico(Cork manager) Immpartial my arse!

pete
14/11/2005, 2:28 PM
If we could just organise a foot.ie ban we'd be sorted. Cork City FC, the new Tana Umaga. Someone get onto Charlie Chawke :D

Sure why don't you just give me a foot.ie ABSO while your at it. Talk about double standards. :( ;)

Mr A
14/11/2005, 3:00 PM
C'mon Derry City!!!

Damn it was weird even typing that, but I geniuely hope Derry stuff them.

MrJoeSoap
14/11/2005, 3:08 PM
Derry for me. For purely selfish reasons of course.

Raheny Red
14/11/2005, 3:14 PM
The city of Derry for me

bluemovie
14/11/2005, 3:21 PM
Now we know who our friends are. :(

Derry for me then!:p I have a lot of time for their fans and they won't be in our faces as much. Kenny is the best manager in the league and it'd be incredible for the 33/1 outsiders to win it. If Cork had been up against Shels or Bohs, I'd have wanted them to win to break the Dublin dominance.

sadloserkid
14/11/2005, 3:34 PM
Derry City for me. For a number of reasons.

1. Stephen O'Flynn. Brilliant for Limerick and harshly treated by Cork (at least once).

2. The Derry fans were absolutely brilliant to us when we won the League Cup up there a few years ago. While Éanna has been a great ambassador for Corkness is his trips to our games the Derry bunch are gentlemen almost to a man.

3. I've never been involved in a messy break up with a Derry girl. I know a few exs who'd probably jump quite happily onto the bandwagon should Cork City get a win on Friday night and I don't particularly wish them a night of joyful drunkeness and carousing that they don't deserve. I am aware that this is both bitter and small-minded of me so don't bother pointing that out. :D

4. I've always liked Stephen Kenny. Rico's alright too (he was very polite to us at that U-21s game in Bishopstown as Lim Til I Die will vouch) but I'd like to see Kenny get his reward. I'm sure flags at Daleymount will be at half mast...

5. I couldn't handle Pat Dolan's column about 'my Cork team' in The Star if Boy George and his mates do come out on top. I like Joe Gamble alright. :)

Anyway, like I said... it's the Candystripes for me though I will concede that it would be rough on Cork to get pipped to another title after last year. I woulda picked Cork over Shels or Bohs too I guess (though Bobby Ryan's presence may have won me over to Shels cause! :D)

A face
14/11/2005, 3:42 PM
Cork 15:40 Derry

Alot of unhappy people if we win on Friday !! :D

superfrank
14/11/2005, 3:48 PM
Derry.

However, whoever wins it will definitely deserve it both teams have been head and shoulders above the rest and it's unfair that it comes down to this. If Cork lose the league, they WILL win the Cup, sorry Drogs!

ger121
14/11/2005, 3:57 PM
Cork for me, best equiped for europe as proven over the last 2 seasons and I like Rico.

pete
14/11/2005, 4:05 PM
1. Stephen O'Flynn. Brilliant for Limerick and harshly treated by Cork (at least once).

I agree, it was very harsh of us to pay his wages when he was injured for an entire season including bringing him on Inter Toto Cup trips.

He is doing ok job for Derry now but i still believe would have had little chance of our team

A face
14/11/2005, 4:09 PM
I agree, it was very harsh of us to pay his wages when he was injured for an entire season including bringing him on Inter Toto Cup trips.

Fair play he is doing well now alright but .... were we dumped on or what, dont get me wrong ... didn't wanna see him leave and he would have been brilliant for us this season too but he jumped ship quick smart. To say Cork gave him a raw deal is wrong aswell !!
Maybe he just has no staying power ?? :p

sadloserkid
14/11/2005, 4:24 PM

I was talking more about first time round but even last time out... anybody who feels that Denis Behan is a better player than Steven O'Flynn is in dreamland. He would have been very useful for you at times this season when John O'Flynn was out.

And why in God's name should you be given a medal for paying his wages, that's what happens when you give somebody a contract! :confused:

ndrog
14/11/2005, 5:00 PM
cork to win it purely for drogs in europe thing.Otherwise it would have been Derry.Drogs will win the cup though ! Supported by all the nuetrals we hope:)

Dr.Nightdub
14/11/2005, 5:33 PM
Derry. In footballing terms, either one of them deserve it, both have consistently played outstanding football all season. What swings me to the nordies is the fans: both teams have a lot of very sound 100%-committed fans. But unlike Derry, Cork also have a large number of total clowns who manage to get right up my nose. Derry winning it would soften their cough entirely.

Maynard
14/11/2005, 5:49 PM
Definately Derry. Manage to support their team fantastically without ever adopting a holier than thou, superior and up their own banjo attitude.

Plus Killian Brennan was one of the most skilfull players I've ever seen at Dublin City. If he wins a league medal it'd be one in the eye for Shoddy after letting him go when he took over:p