PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like your club to sign?

Pages : [1] 2

Roo69
04/11/2005, 11:17 AM
There a romours thread but who would you like (realisticly) sign ?

Personally i'd love to see Robbie Doyle back at Bray for obvious reasons, but also because think with his work rate and Zayed's instanct it would make for a very very good strike partnership.

We need to recruit a few very good defenders as well, Kevin Doherty from Shels could do very well for us i reckon.

David Tyrrell also from Shels has been FANTASTIC for us since signing on loan, best young winger in the league IMO.

We also need an experienced keeper, Gregg from Bohs would be a good addition

Cosmo
04/11/2005, 11:24 AM
Quigley, the UCD keeper

Michael Collins from Portadown (or Alan Reynolds)

Trevor Molloy or Gary O' Neill for upfront

NY Hoop
04/11/2005, 11:36 AM
We also need an experienced keeper, Gregg from Bohs would be a good addition

:D :D :D With that clown in goal only thing you would be guaranteed is relegation!

If we had a sane manager it would be great to get Glen Fitzpatrick and Stephen Grant back.

KOH

Strabane_Harp
04/11/2005, 11:38 AM
Fergal Harkin if we stay up and a forward over 6ft preferably

also a big central defender would be nice

Risteard
04/11/2005, 11:46 AM
Yer man Hamilton from Portadown.
Tho lot of City fans wouldn't agree.

Realistically, Zayed or McHugh.
Failing that, it'd be worth gambling on some half-decent fella coming home from England.

ThatGuy
04/11/2005, 11:48 AM
Glen Crowe
Avery John
Shaun Maher
Andrei Pereplyotkin

De Town
04/11/2005, 11:49 AM
keeper - Quigley from UCD/Rogers from Drogs

defender - Maguire from Pats, He's out of contract apparently, any Pats fans able to confirm that?

midfielder - any half decent left winger would be great

striker - would love to see McHugh come here, if Harps stay up he'll stay there though.

nismo
04/11/2005, 11:56 AM
if cobh go up well be taking kelleher from limerick,id like us to sign a few players from premier teams instead of the usual MSL ****.

pineapple stu
04/11/2005, 12:10 PM
If we had a sane manager it would be great to get Glen Fitzpatrick...back.
:D
It never ceases to amaze me the regard that waster is held in at other clubs!

gael353
04/11/2005, 12:17 PM
if cobh go up well be taking kelleher from limerick,

your kidding yourself mate. try for Fenn, O'Flynn or george from Cork instead more chance ;) or try this guy on loan from cork that we have Nolan, gem of a player, speed, skill, goals and a good rapore with the fans :rolleyes:

Cosmo
04/11/2005, 12:22 PM
:D
It never ceases to amaze me the regard that waster is held in at other clubs!

Same here - im amazed drogheda are reported to be willing to pay a big fee for him - better players out there that we could realisitcally get

pineapple stu
04/11/2005, 12:23 PM
And you'd think Drogheda would have learnt their lesson about signing UCD rejects when they signed Rooney! :D And Donnelly and Doolin and...

MrJoeSoap
04/11/2005, 12:26 PM
Don't really mind who we sign as long as Wes stays. Would like to see us get a left-back in though.

Krstic
04/11/2005, 12:34 PM
I'd love Derry to sign

McHugh (HArps)
Hunt (Bohs)
And two full-backs

Schumi
04/11/2005, 12:38 PM
I'd like a striker (Gary O'Neill would be perfect) and a left winger (don't know who we can afford though).

sligoman
04/11/2005, 12:46 PM
I'd like us to sign McHugh from Harps and try and get Alan Cawley to play with his home town;). Ciaran Martyn too:o

Roo69
04/11/2005, 12:51 PM
Realistic signings :cool:

Vitruvian Man
04/11/2005, 12:57 PM
I'd love to get either Zayed or McHugh (preferably both) and Derek Coughlin back from Cork.

Would love to sign a keeper too - maybe that young lad from rovers, Murphy is it? Or who ever is surplus to requirements between Williams and Delany at Shels.

If anybody wants to take Matt Gregg off our hands then we'll throw in Shay Kelly for free.

I'd also love to have Paul Keegan back at Bohs as coach/backup striker

Strabane_Harp
04/11/2005, 1:12 PM
Seems like McHugh is the leagues most wanted man

ccfcgirl
04/11/2005, 1:14 PM
I wouldnt mind Jason Byrne coming to City .

sligoman
04/11/2005, 1:16 PM
Seems like McHugh is the leagues most wanted manThat's probably cos he's the most likely one available

De Town
04/11/2005, 1:22 PM
I'd also love to have Paul Keegan back at Bohs as coach/backup striker
we'll pay ye to take him

Roo69
04/11/2005, 1:23 PM
Seems like McHugh is the leagues most wanted man

I reckon he's the leagues most accessable player to get when Harps go down, surely he has a bit of ambition to play for one of the top sides in the country ?

Mr A
04/11/2005, 1:44 PM
I player I'd most like to see with Harps next year is- Kevin McHugh!

Other than him and a few of the younger players I'm basically hoping for a whole new squad.

The Stars
04/11/2005, 2:15 PM
Alan Cawley and Ciaran Martyn......bring home the local lads

daniel
04/11/2005, 2:19 PM
Just too let ne1 know who might not alreadi know, Ciaran Martyn signed a new 2 year deal with Derry along with K.Brennan.

garykelly
04/11/2005, 2:19 PM
I dont mind really who we sign. If we go up our manager will find the players required. He's done well to bring some excellent players in so far.

I'd like us to sign Cawley & Martyn - but no chance getting either.

Keith Gilroy maybe that's if he becomes available from Burton Alb.

First division players that have looked the part and an option would be

Alan Carey & Kieran O'Reilly from Cobh
Sheppard at Kilkenny

Schumi
04/11/2005, 2:26 PM
I'd like us to sign Cawley... but no chance
Is he staying with Longford permanently?

diamond
04/11/2005, 2:35 PM
drogheda only need hunt and a striker gary o neill/grant/crowe to win the league next year.
one of them is a done deal already :cool:

Cosmo
04/11/2005, 2:37 PM
drogheda only need hunt and a striker gary o neill/grant/crowe to win the league next year.
one of them is a done deal already :cool:

O'Neill and Hunt would be both quality signings - hope its one of them thats the done deal??????

The Stars
04/11/2005, 2:41 PM
First Division players that looked the part:
fcuk that,first division managers that looked the part....Pat scully,sign him up.

garykelly
04/11/2005, 2:49 PM
Is he staying with Longford permanently?

I dont know but I'm not sure we'd have the finances to get him in permanently. dont know what his contract situation is shels. would be good for any team to get him though

Strabane_Harp
04/11/2005, 2:55 PM
I would say Kev will stay with Harps even if we are relegated, we will come straight back us as the First Division seems alot poorer than it has been in recent times

Schumi
04/11/2005, 3:06 PM
I dont know but I'm not sure we'd have the finances to get him in permanently. dont know what his contract situation is shels. would be good for any team to get him though
I'd imagine Shels will be looking to offload him, he hasn't figured much there and I'd say his contract is up (he hardly signed for longer than 2 years). He'd be a good signing for most premier division teams alright.

Anto McC
04/11/2005, 4:18 PM
John Frost and although it will never happen Kevin Hunt

Speranza
04/11/2005, 5:45 PM
Interesting not many people say they would like City players in their squad (apart from Sligo fans). Seems our players are still overlooked.

Back on topic I wouldn't change our squad at all but if we were to go Chelsea style I would love to see Hunt at the Brandy. Sandveliet has also impressed me this season.

From what I have heard it seems likely that if Harps go down Mc Hugh will unfortunatly be plying his trade with us next year.

Cosmo
05/11/2005, 12:56 AM
Sandveliet has also impressed me this season.

Jermaine wont go to another eircom league team - he's a drog.

So did killian actually sign that contract or is it just verbally agreed? :confused:

Speranza
05/11/2005, 1:19 AM
Signed! Kenny mentioned others were interested, is that the third time he rejected small-time Drogs for a bigger club?

[URL="http://www.derryjournal.com/story/7737"]

monkey magic
05/11/2005, 3:20 PM
I would say Kev will stay with Harps even if we are relegated, we will come straight back us as the First Division seems alot poorer than it has been in recent times

thats a brave prediction considering how long it took ye to come up last time:rolleyes:

if mchugh has any ambition as a footballer, he's gonna have to leave harps at some stage as he's done pretty much all he can for ye... unfortunatly that would mean he prob wouldent join us either:o wouldent be suprised to see him a derry next year.

Block G Raptor
05/11/2005, 3:33 PM
ronaldinho,Figo, Raul steven gerrard .............:D :D :D

Iorfa
05/11/2005, 5:28 PM
John Frost back from Pat's.

Kevin Doherty in a permanent deal.

Shane Robinson

and Alan Kirby.

nismo
05/11/2005, 5:53 PM
I dont mind really who we sign. If we go up our manager will find the players required. He's done well to bring some excellent players in so far.

I'd like us to sign Cawley & Martyn - but no chance getting either.

Keith Gilroy maybe that's if he becomes available from Burton Alb.

First division players that have looked the part and an option would be

Alan Carey & Kieran O'Reilly from Cobh
Sheppard at Kilkenny

reilly wont budge from cobh!

ThatGuy
05/11/2005, 5:56 PM
:eek: :eek: (Then again, he IS going to the world cup !!)

Lets see, would Love to have Farren, Mc Hugh, Jason Byrne AND Flynnie :p , but they'd probably stop scoring the minute they crossed the line at the great Flansiro.

Barry Ryan for nets.

Hey Boahs - wanna swap Hunt for Keego ??
And I doubt that he would be heading if he stuck around with a part-time club like Longford.

Avery is a class act.

Maz
05/11/2005, 8:08 PM
And I doubt that he would be heading if he stuck around with a part-time club like Longford.

Avery is a class act.
Avery John or John Avery cant keep up was a class act, also a liar and a con and thus not very reliable.

Would like to bring back Stuart Byrne, Would like to sign McHugh, Farren, George O' C (none of which will happen but a girl can dream cant she)

Red4Eva
05/11/2005, 8:47 PM
ger mccarthy is da only player that has impressed me with an other 1st div club. i wud have tim mccann(or kaps but he's gone) b4 alan carey & if mctiernan can keep improvin(& scoring) i'd have him before o'reilly easily.

deecay
05/11/2005, 9:00 PM
Wes Houlihan. I would be happy enough with him.:D :D :D

sfc red
05/11/2005, 10:41 PM
Glen Crowe is going nowhere, Glen Fitz is a top top striker, and why would Gary O'Neill leave for UCD???

In answer to the thread I would like to see Shels sign ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!!!

Speranza
06/11/2005, 12:21 AM
I would also like $hels to sign nobody because then they can finish 3rd next season where a small club like them belong.

Peter Thompson would be a nice addition from Linfield but hes set for England.

Dr.Nightdub
06/11/2005, 1:17 AM
defender - Maguire from Pats, He's out of contract apparently, any Pats fans able to confirm that?

Hard luck, he's just signed a new two-year deal. Plus Barry Ryan's contract with us isn't up until the end of next season.

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2005, 9:03 AM
I'd like to sign Serbian international striker Red Star Belgrade's Nikola Zigic who is 6 foot 7 inches tall. You will all get to see him at the World Cup playing alongside Kezman. The strike force of the World Cup if they hit form.

I'd also like to be that tall myself and twenty years younger. On the point of realistic signings. I think UCD actually need three centre-backs, a left winger, a tall goalscoring striker and if we lose Quigley a quality goalkeeper.