PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours

Pages : [1] 2 3

MrJoeSoap
03/11/2005, 1:11 PM
Anyone got any good ones? I've had a look around and there don't seem to be many floating about.

A few people now have said Wes might be off to Cork, possibly with Kearney coming in the opposite direction. Absolute disaster (for me anyway) if it happens, Wes is the best player in the league at the moment imo. Taking nothing away from Kearney though, who is a class act too.

joeSoap
03/11/2005, 1:14 PM
Who are you, MrJoeSoap, are you a relation?? :D ;)

michaelguineys
03/11/2005, 1:19 PM
Greg going to shels.................apparently.
Cant see him getting his game though

Risteard
03/11/2005, 1:22 PM
A few people now have said Wes might be off to Cork, possibly with Kearney coming in the opposite direction. Absolute disaster (for me anyway) if it happens, Wes is the best player in the league at the moment imo.

Christ, that would be the berries.
2 seperate rumours tho i think and wouldn't give credence to either of them really.

Be a bit unusual if City got very busy in the transfer market esp if fees are involved.

MrJoeSoap
03/11/2005, 1:56 PM
Who are you, MrJoeSoap, are you a relation?? :D ;)

Haha, don't think so! I've been on boards.ie as MrJoeSoap for a while. Strange coincidence though eh?

I have to say I laughed when I first heard the Wes rumour, but a few people have said it to me now which makes me a bit unsure... We could do with a player like O'Halloran, our defensive cover is very thin. Also, we could lose a midfielder or two, just NOT WES!

Also, I have fairly reliable information that David Forde is thinking about quitting and going back to college. Doesn't say much for the league when the first choice keeper of a team challenging for CL football is thinking about going to college...

Dazzy
03/11/2005, 2:00 PM
Its personal reasons why he wants to quit but he could go to magee univeristy next season ;) but if he leaves it will be a loss but we will jus have to pinch someones keeper or stick with Jennings.

MrJoeSoap
03/11/2005, 2:01 PM
Its personal reasons why he wants to quit but he could go to magee univeristy next season ;) but if he leaves it will be a loss but we will jus have to pinch someones keeper or stick with Jennings.

AFAIK he's getting married and going to NUIG.

Schumi
03/11/2005, 2:42 PM
Heard talk of Gary O'Neill :) or Paul Keegan :( to UCD.

Speranza
03/11/2005, 2:45 PM
Barry Ferguson is leaving Longford. Shels and Drogs reported to be interested. Hope none take him as he is a dirty player who attempts to defend via intimidation.

Risteard
03/11/2005, 2:49 PM
Barry Ferguson is leaving Longford. Shels and Drogs reported to be interested. Hope none take him as he is a dirty player who attempts to defend via intimidation.
Was raving about him 2 or 3 years ago but haven't seen much of him lately and have heard lots of Longford fans giving him loads of stick.

fbtn
03/11/2005, 2:51 PM
Dermot Keely is red-hot favourite to take over at Newry Town. Is Dublin City's manager going to walk towards the end of the season again??

This came from a Newry Town player who was very sure that Keely was on his way from the eL.

BrayUnknowns
03/11/2005, 2:53 PM
Robbie Doyle to Drogs or Bray

Bald Student
03/11/2005, 2:54 PM
Damien Duff to UCD

BrayUnknowns
03/11/2005, 2:59 PM
Damien Duff to UCD

He'd never get his game ahead of Micko :D

Schumi
03/11/2005, 3:01 PM
He'd never get his game ahead of Micko :D
:D We could move Micko to left-back though!

MariborKev
03/11/2005, 3:09 PM
Pat Jennings junior going to Australia

The Stars
03/11/2005, 4:42 PM
Derek O'Brien on his way back to the Showgrounds.

Drogman.
03/11/2005, 4:48 PM

Jesus can he make his mind up where he wants to play? First its Galway, then Sligo, then Galway and now sligo:confused:

He was on the same team as I was in Tralee, about 7 years ago, and even then he could never make his mind up:rolleyes:

Dyl10
03/11/2005, 5:44 PM
Declan O'brien to bohs

Da Real Rover
03/11/2005, 6:16 PM
Declan O'Brien to Hollywood.

EnDai
03/11/2005, 6:19 PM
Ronaldinho to Shels in a part-exchange deal involving Glen Fitz and David Crawley.

headtheball
03/11/2005, 6:28 PM
Heard a rumour Mike Bassett will be taking over Finn Harps,with possiblity of Tonka being player coach and regular in Junction 15...:p

pineapple stu
03/11/2005, 6:29 PM
Drogs to bid E15k for Darren Quigley. UCD and Quigley to tell Doolin where to go! :)

EnDai
03/11/2005, 6:29 PM
Drogs to bid E15k for Darren Quigley. UCD and Quigley to tell Doolin where to go! :)
:D :D

Conor H
03/11/2005, 6:31 PM
He's Galway through and through...he hasn't a notion of going to a club who's going to loose every game next year and get relegated.He wants a league medal so he's staying with the tribesmen.:rolleyes: :cool:

pineapple stu
03/11/2005, 6:32 PM
Gas thing is - that's true!

Also heard Doolin to bid E70k for Fitzpatrick. I laughed so long I didn't hear anyone saying that that was a joke afterwards. So you never know...!

Also heard Tranmere interested in Gary Dicker. Can't find that anywhere though, and I think there'll be fairly little transfer activity at UCD over the winter, so it looks like he's staying too.

A face
03/11/2005, 6:33 PM
Rovers hit by departures

Shamrock Rovers have dealt a blow in their bid to stay in the Premier division of the eircom League with the news that two players have left the club.
Reportedly Mark Quigley has gone back to Millwall while Brian Shelley has taken up a new job and is now unavailable.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=3848)

Schumi
03/11/2005, 6:34 PM
Also heard Tranmere interested in Gary Dicker. Can't find that anywhere though, and I think there'll be fairly little transfer activity at UCD over the winter, so it looks like he's staying too.
Well that's us jinxed, everybody'll be gone at the end of the season now!

sligoman
03/11/2005, 6:34 PM
He's Galway through and through...he hasn't a notion of going to a club who's going to loose every game next year and get relegated.He wants a league medal so he's staying with the tribesmen.:rolleyes:Galway through and through my arse:rolleyes:, if he was, he would never have joined us in the first place. He may want to stay with ye now(thanks Christ cos we wouldn't want him) but he's not a Galway United man deep down;)

Conor H
03/11/2005, 6:41 PM
Galway through and through my arse:rolleyes:, if he was, he would never have joined us in the first place. He may want to stay with ye now(thanks Christ cos we wouldn't want him) but he's not a Galway United man deep down;)
No he is trust me....when he kissed the GUFC crest when we met a couple of months ago...BRILLAINT!!! :D

sligoman
03/11/2005, 6:44 PM
No he is trust me....when he kissed the GUFC crest when we met a couple of months ago...BRILLAINT!!! :DOh yeah, kissing the crest means he's a United man alright:rolleyes:. Even Ian Rossiter kissed the Harps crest, does that mean he's a true Harps man?:confused:

pineapple stu
03/11/2005, 6:45 PM
And what about that Limerick player who kissed the Harps crest last season?

Conor H
03/11/2005, 6:46 PM
sligomanEven Ian Rossiter kissed the Harps crest, does that mean he's a true Harps man?:confused:
Yes.Yes it does.

sligoman
03/11/2005, 6:54 PM
Yes.Yes it does.Dont be stupid Conor. It does in it's sh!te mean he's a Harps man. He played about 10 games for them all season and they think he's sh!t. Rossi will never be a Harps man

Speranza
03/11/2005, 7:27 PM
Cosmo's fantasy of K Brennan joining Drogs has been quashed once more as him and Ciaran Martyn have both signed 2 year deals.

Cosmo
03/11/2005, 7:43 PM
Cosmo's fantasy of K Brennan joining Drogs has been quashed once more as him and Ciaran Martyn have both signed 2 year deals.

I' say ye love telling me that :mad:

Has he actually signed the 2 year deal :eek:

De Town
03/11/2005, 7:50 PM
Think he's more or less signed for Bohs AFAIK.

De Town
03/11/2005, 7:52 PM
Just a few I've heard:

- Sean Prunty to Derry
- Barry Ferguson to Bohs
- Us and Drogs were in the running for Glen Fitzpatrick but Drogs' money won out in the end

EireBadBoy
03/11/2005, 7:56 PM
I' say ye love telling me that :mad:

Has he actually signed the 2 year deal :eek:

Indeed he has and knowing it annoys you makes it even better news! :D

John83
03/11/2005, 8:54 PM
Well that's us jinxed, everybody'll be gone at the end of the season now!
For a man with a healthy distrust of tales of the Big Man in the Sky who grants your wishes, you're awfully into your jinxes. :D

MariborKev
03/11/2005, 9:17 PM
Colin Hawkins to Derry is another one doing the rounds......

The Stars
03/11/2005, 10:16 PM
Kevin Mc Hugh to Galway when Harps go down.

harpskid
03/11/2005, 10:37 PM
Kevin Mc Hugh to Galway when Harps go down.

I have heard that Sligo are monitoring a few of our lads' respective situations with a view to getting them on board next season...

sligoman
03/11/2005, 10:49 PM
I have heard that Sligo are monitoring a few of our lads' respective situations with a view to getting them on board next season...Good stuff, any chance that one of them is McHugh?:confused: :o

daniel
03/11/2005, 10:53 PM
I've heard of mcwho to Sligo....

Sheridan
03/11/2005, 10:55 PM
Hawkins and Delaney in the same team? How will anyone distinguish them from the Bolshoi? :confused:

Newry City have deferred announcement of their new manager until the conclusion of the eL season, so Dermot Keely's installation looks a fait accompli. Not before time, either, they don't know what they're letting themselves in for. I just hope he doesn't bring Keely Jnr. with him.

sligoman
03/11/2005, 10:57 PM
Newry City have deferred announcement of their new manager until the conclusion of the eL season, so Dermot Keely's installation looks a fait accompli.Nice one, we'll see less of that pr!ck's face so:) :D

ThatGuy
03/11/2005, 10:57 PM
I would be amazed if Kenny signed the man who did more than anyone else to lose him the Bohs job.

EnDai
04/11/2005, 8:35 AM
He signed a three year deal AFAIK, if we let him go it better be for some extortionate amount, he's been top class this year.

bohs til i die
04/11/2005, 8:42 AM
I would be amazed if Kenny signed the man who did more than anyone else to lose him the Bohs job.

I wouldnt at all be surprised. Kenny things the Hawk is a big game player, you know those big European games etc. Maybe Idiot Boy could sign a few more of his former players and take them off our hands.

Rumours I have heard

Ferguson, Fabio, Rogers, McGuinness to Bohs

Hawkins to Derry is one I have heard a few times now

I have heard that Glen Fitzpatrick to Drogheda is a done deal

Harkin to Drogheda or Longford

This is just speculation on my part …..
If Bohs sign Rogers, I’d expect Gregg to leave, and with Derry possibly losing Forde, maybe Kenny will take Gregg.