PDA

View Full Version : Tabby Callaghan

Pages : [1] 2

sligoman
26/10/2005, 10:30 AM
Sligo rock star Tabby Callaghan will be making his second appearance on the Late Late Show this Friday night.
This time he is back to launch his first single and will be performing it live on the show. He co-wrote the song titled “Number One” with good friend and London-based music producer Mark Hudson. His performance on the Late Late Show coincides with the Irish release of his song on the same day (Friday October 28).
His performance on this Friday night’s show should be a memorable one if it is anything like his first appearance.
Last December 3, Tabby appeared on the show just as the X Factor was coming into its final stages. Followers of Tabby will remember that he struck a chord with presenter Pat Kenny.
Pat said: “He just keeps talking. He’s a natural in front of the cameras and his talent leaps out of the screen. There are some artists who are talented and television doesn’t do them justice and there are others that television flatters. But Tabby has it all.”
Tabby had told the presenter that it had always been his dream to get on the show. Now he is getting to do it a second time.
Tabby will travel home to Sligo ON Saturday for the official launch of his new single.
He will be signing copies of the single in Star Music in the Tesco Arcade at 1pm. Later in the day, he will be traveling to Galway. This is just the beginning of a hectic schedule of television, radio and newspaper interviews.
DJ Dave Fanning is a huge fan of Tabby so expect to hear the two of them having a chat on-air in the near future.

http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=25209

noby
26/10/2005, 12:44 PM
I don't recall the Frank & walters getting to schmooze up to Pat on the couch, so for concistency sake he should just be a musical guest.

(why am I getting worked up about a late late guest? I must get out more)

Aldini98
26/10/2005, 1:35 PM
is an ugly b*stard.......

sligoman
26/10/2005, 1:42 PM
is an ugly b*stard.......Wow, great comment:rolleyes:

Dublin12
26/10/2005, 2:07 PM
He's hardly a rock star though,more of a novelty act,he reminds me of something you'd see in Phoenix nights.

Rover 2 U
26/10/2005, 2:15 PM
Now now, Dublin 12, you don't want to be upsetting AlanF by slagging performers from Sligo now do you?

Dublin12
26/10/2005, 2:23 PM
Now now, Dublin 12, you don't want to be upsetting AlanF by slagging performers from Sligo now do you?
:D ,There must be something in the Water up there,Westlife,The Conway Sisters,Tabby Callaghan,I can see a common denominator here:p

gustavo
26/10/2005, 5:39 PM
i agree about the first two but leave tabby alone !

paul_oshea
26/10/2005, 6:35 PM
knockers knockers shame on all. jealousy lads dont take any heed.
begrudgers, irish, we are all.

Drumcondra Red
27/10/2005, 9:16 AM
In fairness to him, Tabby had a good rock voice! My mates were so happy about getting a gig in the ambassador, until they heard who was headlining... Tabby lol!!! :D

sligoman
27/10/2005, 10:44 AM
In fairness to him, Tabby had a good rock voice!Why? You saying he doesn't anymore?:confused::D:p

Drumcondra Red
27/10/2005, 11:12 AM
Why? You saying he doesn't anymore?:confused::D:p

Are you Tabby??? I said had because I've heard nothing of him since the X Factor!

sligoman
27/10/2005, 2:03 PM
Are you Tabby??? I said had because I've heard nothing of him since the X Factor!No I'm not Tabby, sure he's not a Rovers fan, although, he did play for us in one game this season:rolleyes: :D

The Stars
28/10/2005, 11:58 AM
Tabby is a rocker at heart but years of trying to get a record deal drove him to competing in X Factor which although got him the publicity he deserves,it makes him look like "manufactured rock".
Re:something in the water.....there is,its dirty up here so bottled water all the way

sadloserkid
28/10/2005, 12:39 PM
Tabby Callaghan played on the Late Late in his Petronella days too. They were an exceptionally good band, a lot better than the BellX1's of this world anyway. :)

The Stars
28/10/2005, 12:47 PM
ya petronella were pretty good.i have there one and only single,me and a mate bought them for the laugh and now he is famous...i see an auction in the future...bidding starts at 10euro

sadloserkid
28/10/2005, 12:50 PM
ya petronella were pretty good.i have there one and only single,me and a mate bought them for the laugh and now he is famous...i see an auction in the future...bidding starts at 10euro

I thought they had two singles? 'Feeling So Low' (which I have) and 'Drowning' (which I don't but would prolly give you €6.50 for! :p)

The Stars
28/10/2005, 12:55 PM
thats the one i have "Drowning".Didnt know they released another one. 6.50?take out the (.) and we have a deal.

sligoman
28/10/2005, 10:13 PM
Anyone know if he's been on yet?:confused:

The Stars
28/10/2005, 10:32 PM
he has surely.....only to preform though,no chatting with Pat.
His new song is good enough aswell,could catch on.

sligoman
28/10/2005, 10:35 PM
he has surely.....only to preform though,no chatting with Pat.
His new song is good enough aswell,could catch on.Is it good rock or sh!tty pop rock though?:confused:

The Stars
28/10/2005, 10:39 PM
it starts off with predictable lyrics but once it gets going it pretty good.
you be the judge,Star music tomorrow he is signing copys of the single.

sligoman
28/10/2005, 10:41 PM
you be the judge,Star music tomorrow he is signing copys of the single.In fairness, it's not that hard to get his autograph:rolleyes::D . I might buy his single, wanna hear it first though;)

The Stars
28/10/2005, 10:46 PM
why,have you tried to get his autograph?If you want one though,i can get you one,and he will even sign it No1 fan...sligoman

sligoman
28/10/2005, 10:49 PM
If you want one though,i can get you one,and he will even sign it No1 fan...sligomanNo thanks:p

CollegeTillIDie
29/10/2005, 9:28 AM
I heard it when I got back from our match last night. Not the worst by a long shot. Lyrics seem to be semi-autobiographical if predictable.

Maz
29/10/2005, 9:39 AM
Yeah I heard it last night too, wasnt bad actually. I'd say it will catch on here

sadloserkid
30/10/2005, 10:31 AM
thats the one i have "Drowning".Didnt know they released another one. 6.50?take out the (.) and we have a deal.

Well how about we allow each other to listen to our respective Petronella singles. I'd definitely not talking about music piracy here though if you read betwen the lines it may seem that way! ;)

sligoman
01/11/2005, 12:14 AM
I just heard the song there on the repeat of the late late. Very good, should do well, at last he's released something;)

Aldini98
01/11/2005, 3:54 PM
Thought it was pants.

sligoman
01/11/2005, 3:58 PM
Thought it was pants.oh wow, did ya really, that's great:rolleyes:

gustavo
01/11/2005, 11:37 PM
i wish tabby all the best , he has "paid his dues " as it were doing gigs up and down the country for the last 10 years with petronella

Aldini98
02/11/2005, 12:50 PM
Come on, in fairness hes just some ugly lad that got lucky on the X factor, picked by Sharon "I have no talent at anthing except swearing" Osbourne is hardly a glowing reference now is it.

sligoman
02/11/2005, 12:57 PM
Come on, in fairness hes just some ugly lad that got lucky on the X factor, picked by Sharon "I have no talent at anthing except swearing" Osbourne is hardly a glowing reference now is it.Your first comment in this thread shows that you dont care about his music so your opinion is just crap really;)

sligoman
02/11/2005, 12:59 PM
Come on, in fairness hes just some ugly lad that got lucky on the X factor, picked by Sharon "I have no talent at anthing except swearing" Osbourne is hardly a glowing reference now is it.And btw, he didn't just make it lucky on the x-factor. Tabby has been playing with bands for a number of years before the x-factor even came along. He's given his life to music so to say it's the x-factor that "made him lucky" is just stupid

Aldini98
03/11/2005, 12:27 PM
And btw, he didn't just make it lucky on the x-factor. Tabby has been playing with bands for a number of years before the x-factor even came along. He's given his life to music so to say it's the x-factor that "made him lucky" is just stupid

Still doesn't change the fact thats he's crap :)

sligoman
03/11/2005, 12:49 PM
Still doesn't change the fact thats he's crap :)Still doesn't change the fact the you have something against the guy and nothing to do with his music;)

Aldini98
03/11/2005, 3:16 PM
Still doesn't change the fact the you have something against the guy and nothing to do with his music;)

I've nothing against the guy personally but just don't expect me to listen to his, and I use this term loosely, music.

gustavo
03/11/2005, 3:21 PM
how much of his music have you heard to be in a position to criticize it just as a matter of interest?

Rory H
03/11/2005, 3:25 PM
tabby for rovers chant 2 moro???:D

heard it today..i like it...he shops in tesco too so he has his feet on the ground...im definetly buying it for that reason

exile
03/11/2005, 8:20 PM
his new song makes me want to pull the hairs out of my nose 1 by1 puke all over evryone so much that it would put your one out of the exorcist to shame pull my eyes out ,crack my ear drums and have some young one stick a hose up my arse and call it collonic iragation whatever the fook that is

The Stars
03/11/2005, 10:03 PM
wouldnt have liked to be the person standing beside you when you heard it for the first time so......

Macy
04/11/2005, 7:05 AM
Think the single is woeful. Didn't he dump his mates as the X factor people said they would take the band? There's loyalty for you, hope he gets the success he deserves....

The Stars
04/11/2005, 9:10 AM
you know nothing about it.About 5 years ago Louis Walsh was offering him a record deal but only as a solo artist.Tabby declined as he wanted to stay and make it with his band.On the X-factor he autitioned with the band and he was asked to come back on his own.Tabby insisted on not going back but his band members wanted him to as they knew it would be his big break....so dont tell only half the fcuking story Macy......

sligoman
04/11/2005, 12:59 PM
hope he gets the success he deserves....Well I hope he does too:)

Aldini98
04/11/2005, 1:48 PM
how much of his music have you heard to be in a position to criticize it just as a matter of interest?

two songs and that was enough :)

sligoman
08/11/2005, 6:20 PM
Tabby Callaghan will be meeting the glamorous girls and guys of hit Channel 4 soap "Hollyoaks" this weekend as part of a packed UK schedule promoting his new single, due to be launched in the UK soon.
Already the song "Number One" has shot into the Irish top 10 at No, 7 and thanks to almost non-stop personal appearances around the country, the track looks like climbing even higher.
In one day alone, Tabby visited record stores in Athlone, Longford, Roscommon and Castlebar, signing autographs and playing his new single live for hundreds of fans who turned out to see him.
This coming weekend, Tabby heads across the channel to perform three sold-out shows in London. He will also play London's only Hard Rock Café and will be one of the performers at Lord Mayor Ken Livingston's Annual Ball in the heart of London City Centre.
However, fans will be most eager to know that he will be on the set of Hollyoaks over the weekend recording a special cameo part for their Christmas Special. Tabby will be providing the music for a Christmas party in Hollyoaks and fans will get the chance to see him when the show is aired just before Christmas.
Hollyoaks is one of the most popular soaps on UK television, attracting millions of viewers every day.

http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=25432

gustavo
08/11/2005, 8:03 PM
When is his single released in the UK?

M@ttitude
08/11/2005, 8:26 PM
That sums him up - hollyoaks, christmas speicials.. If he was a good enough rockstar he would have made it the hard way instead of smiling at Louis walsh like a ponce, he should be giving that pr-ick the finger.. He's a disgrace to real musicians, he took the bait - no better than west w-ank life!

sligoman
08/11/2005, 8:27 PM
no better than **** life!Star life?:confused: