PDA

View Full Version : Aiden McGeady

Pages : [1] 2 3

pete
24/10/2005, 2:10 PM
Great times for Ireland to follow - McGeady played for Celtic yesterday!

dynamo kerry
24/10/2005, 2:14 PM
:D

oh yeah.. great performance.. all 90 seconds of it.

I'll go get my inflatable hammer. let the good times roll.

finlma
24/10/2005, 2:16 PM
That was the same game for which Strachan said the following:

"The only thing I'm happy about is the three points. Only five players played to a standard, the rest fell below that."

Lets hope he was 1 of the 5 - didn't see the game myself.

gustavo
24/10/2005, 2:34 PM
i didnt even know he was gone!

eirebhoy
24/10/2005, 4:07 PM
I seen the title of this thread and then seen the author underneath and was contemplating opening it. :)

pete
24/10/2005, 4:09 PM
Lets hope he was 1 of the 5 - didn't see the game myself.

I heard he had 100% passing record in that game.

Junior
25/10/2005, 9:22 AM
I heard he had 100% passing record in that game.

did you see his 25 yard peach he scored for the reserves last week?

tetsujin1979
25/10/2005, 9:27 AM
did you see his 25 yard peach he scored for the reserves last week?
Any vid of it available?

Junior
25/10/2005, 11:21 AM
It was shown on Celtic TV. Im sure its knocking around on one of the celtic forums - I'll ask the question......

Poor Student
06/11/2005, 1:43 PM
He's started for Celtic today due to big injuries. Had a hand in the first goal and has scored their second.

eirebhoy
06/11/2005, 1:45 PM
Just been posting about this in the sticky. He's playing top class football today bar crossing on the run.

thejollyrodger
06/11/2005, 2:09 PM
great to hear it. Hopefully Mac Geady has gotten over the drop in form that hits a lot of younger players around that age. The decision not to play him was a good one and he shouldnt suffer any major drop in confidence.

eirebhoy
06/11/2005, 3:44 PM
He got MOTM. Created the cross for Camara for both goals and scored the other.

Fergie's Son
06/11/2005, 3:49 PM
That is good to hear. Come on Aiden!

Donal81
07/11/2005, 9:21 AM
Anyone got a clip of the goal?

Junior
07/11/2005, 12:13 PM
posted it on the spl thread Donal81

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=383028&postcount=166

Stuttgart88
07/11/2005, 12:20 PM
The build up to the 3rd goal was identical to the first. was the 3rd started by McGeady aswell?

Can anyone post the Stephen Ireland clip in the same format? I still can't open it, possibly because my security sdettings at work won't allow it.

tricky_colour
07/11/2005, 1:05 PM
Can't open it or download it?
It's unclear what you mean.

Junior
07/11/2005, 1:51 PM
The build up to the 3rd goal was identical to the first. was the 3rd started by McGeady aswell?

Yeah McGeady played it through to Camara, who put the cross in.

Stuttgart88
07/11/2005, 1:51 PM
Not sure myself! I went onto that site. clicxked on the Steve_Ireland.wmv. link or whatever it was called and waited. And waited. And waited.

tricky_colour
07/11/2005, 2:14 PM
Stuttgart88, right click on the link and select "save target as" and a window
should pop-up asking you where you want to save the file etc...
That should give you an idea of what is going on.

pete
07/11/2005, 3:10 PM
McGeady is scottish.

BTW playing against Falkrik doesn't match you international class.

Buller
07/11/2005, 3:19 PM
posted it on the spl thread Donal81

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=383028&postcount=166
Thanks!! Great goal by MOTM McGeady, lets hope he starts from now on....

Plastic Paddy
07/11/2005, 4:05 PM
McGeady is scottish.

Here fishy fishy. :rolleyes: He's an Ireland international, Pete, whether you like it or not. And he'll be a regular in the senior squad in years to come, you'll see.

:ball: PP

Junior
07/11/2005, 4:05 PM
McGeady is scottish.

Here fishy fishy..........

Junior
07/11/2005, 4:08 PM
great minds and all that!!!

Plastic Paddy
07/11/2005, 4:10 PM
great minds and all that!!!

It's the standard Huddleboard response ;) which is good training for the few muppets that frequent this board. :D

:ball: PP

eirebhoy
07/11/2005, 4:27 PM
Pete was over the moon opening this thread. His mood seems to have changed now. :)

Stuttgart - what tricky_colour said should work. Sometimes wmv files try to open in the browser.

Stuttgart88
08/11/2005, 4:16 PM
Tks - I actually managed to view it finally. Nice bit of skill alright :)

as_i_say
09/11/2005, 12:55 PM
another of kerrs failings-not giving this lad a chance at friendly level-i think he gave mcgeady 90 seconds at the end of 2 games. even if he didnt have a great season last year-the lad is simply fantastic. plays the game like the duffer used to...sigh

drinkfeckarse
09/11/2005, 12:59 PM

Either does playing against Crewe,Plymouth etc etc ;)

pete
09/11/2005, 2:07 PM
Either does playing against Crewe,Plymouth etc etc ;)

I know. SPL is combination of English Championship & English League One standard. McGeady may be an irish international but hes still as scottish as Ray Houghton.

I watched him in U21 international this season in Tolka Park & could see why not in senior squad or Celtic team. I wouldn't expect any barstoolers here to know what live football is though.

drinkfeckarse
09/11/2005, 2:25 PM
McGeady may be an irish international but hes still as scottish as Ray Houghton.

I wouldn't expect any barstoolers here to know what live football is though.

You like generalising Pete don't you.....

Don Vito
19/11/2005, 1:27 PM
Man of the match today against Rangers. Lets hope his current form continues.

livehead1
19/11/2005, 2:58 PM
I know. SPL is combination of English Championship & English League One standard. McGeady may be an irish international but hes still as scottish as Ray Houghton.

I watched him in U21 international this season in Tolka Park & could see why not in senior squad or Celtic team. I wouldn't expect any barstoolers here to know what live football is though.

...and your a pric* . prawn sandwich brigade and all that you wouldn't know a good footballer if ya seen one. he was class against nesta and ac milan in the champions league, regardless of ability however, his nationality is irish i think you will find, and what the hell has it to do anyway. if rooney was playin for ireland i bet you'd be licking his ar*e

tetsujin1979
19/11/2005, 6:44 PM
He was terrible in that U-21 game, but he's improved a lot in a short space of time and deserved a goal (even that one!) today against Rangers. I thought it was interesting that he played his best football of the game after being moved in behind Hartson when Thompson came on. This is the position that's been mentioned for him before, and it does seem to be his most effective. The only problem with it is that you have to have 2 defensive midfielders behind him as he doesn't do enough defensively

Stuttgart88
20/11/2005, 2:53 PM
BBC said he was MOTM.

Roverstillidie
20/11/2005, 9:59 PM
pure nonsense from pete (as usual)
the kid is of irish decent and the fact a catholic from glasgow's east end defines himself as irish says a great deal about scottish society.

you have seen him have 1 bad game. so what. he is an out and out winger, and they all have off days.

the reality he is keeping an player who has been capped for england on the bench and ran rings around a dutch international on saturday. says a lot about the temprement of any player to remain cool enough in the white heat of an old firm to get MOTM.

if duffer wasnt in the irish set up he would have 15 caps by now.

this guy is the real deal and is a proud irish man, regardless of birth. bu your logic, Caulfield was born in the states, so he isnt a true ca.wkie?

Stuttgart88
21/11/2005, 7:28 AM
Id play McGeady ahead of Steven Reid or any of the other crap that play on right mid :/, McGeady on the right, Andy Reid on the left and Duff playing of Keano.
I thought Steven Reid did really well when he came on against the Swiss. It's good to see McGeady return to form. If you'd seen any of his performances early season, or for the U21s against Switzerland you wouldn't be so positive about him. And Duff instead of Keane? Just like against Israel? That really worked. Duff is a waste of space as an outright forward IMO.

I think we're arriving at a situation where we have quite a few prospects for an advanced midfield or "behind the front men" role: Reid, Duff, McGeady, possibly Stephen Ireland & even Robbie Keane. We've carried no threat from central mid for a long time and I think somehow accomodating this type of player may well be they key to winning tight games against the type of opposition we've struggled to beat since the last World Cup.

It's exactly how I'd like to have seen the last 20 minutes of the last game against the Swiss played: Clinton & Elliott outright forwards, Robbie just behind, S. Reid, Killbane & Holland as a tight strong midfield 3, Carr & Harte getting forward from full back.

Stuttgart88
22/11/2005, 1:47 PM
From eTims.net, after the rangers game:

McGeady 8 MOTM - What a difference a spell on the sidelines makes learning your trade. Has all the trickery but has now added a new found workrate to his game and what a difference it makes. His run to chase back and catch Ferguson was first class as was his general play all game. His first Old Firm goal was a special moment and hopefully this is the start of this young man showing just how good he really is.

eirebhoy
22/11/2005, 1:53 PM
Here's his run to catch Ferguson:

http://media.putfile.com/McGeady

Thats what we want to see. :)

Stuttgart88
22/11/2005, 3:15 PM
Impressive alright! Nice touch by Ferguson too.

Do you remember McGeady knocking Rae's teeth out last year? Not as fragile as he looks.

He played LHM on Saturday, yes? How did this suit him?

tetsujin1979
22/11/2005, 3:29 PM
He played LHM on Saturday, yes? How did this suit him?
I thought he was ok on the left, but really came into the game when Thompson came on and McGeady moved into the middle, behind Hartson

Stuttgart88
22/11/2005, 3:38 PM
Which is where I think he'd be best for us too. But I think Duff, Reid, Robbie & Ireland could also do a good job behind the front two.

If you were to pick McGeady for Ireland, even in a friendly, how would you accomodate him & who else would you pick.

In certain circumstances, as I've said before, I think our most attacking line up would have 2 up front with McGeady / Robbie / Duff or somebody linking midfield to the front two. But is the rest of the midfield strong enough, especially if Duff is to play on the left? Kav holding & Steve Reid on the right maybe?

eirebhoy
22/11/2005, 10:51 PM
From eTims.net, after the rangers game:
This is the best site for Celtic match reports:

http://celticfcblog.blogspot.com/

He goes to most matches (reserve, U19) so you can read how O'Carroll, O'Brien, O'Dea, etc. are doing aswell as McGeady. :)

geysir
23/11/2005, 12:59 AM
I suspect some posts on this thread have dissapeared sometime after Celtic won their midweek game against Rangers 9/11. Its either that or I am in a much worse state than I thought.
It was a shock to see his confidence, fitness and speed levels compared with the listless u 21 displays. If McGeady maintains his progress, I still don't know how he can get in to the first 11 if Duff is fit. The friendlies will be very interesting next year. I'm almost coming out of my post non qualification depression.

eirebhoy
23/11/2005, 5:03 PM
It was a shock to see his confidence, fitness and speed levels compared with the listless u 21 displays.
Pre-France home match he was usually excellent for the U21s. Strachan is going to do wonders for him though. I don't know any other manager that improves and gets the best out of players like Strachan.

livehead1
24/11/2005, 9:07 AM
Pre-France home match he was usually excellent for the U21s. Strachan is going to do wonders for him though. I don't know any other manager that improves and gets the best out of players like Strachan.

martin o'neill :rolleyes::cool: lol

GavinZac
24/11/2005, 1:47 PM
are celtic still around? christ.

livehead1
24/11/2005, 1:51 PM
are celtic still around? christ.

are you?