PDA

View Full Version : George O'Callaghan...

sfc red
22/10/2005, 1:46 AM
...is a CHEAT. I've seen him cheating against Shels countless times and tonight proved that it wasn't the Shels-tinted glasses. He should have been sent off before the goal and tried to get a Derry player sent off. I personally think O'callaghan is the best midfielder in this country bar Weso and Hunt but I've no time for cheats

RedX
22/10/2005, 3:59 AM
...is a CHEAT. I've seen him cheating against Shels countless times and tonight proved that it wasn't the Shels-tinted glasses. He should have been sent off before the goal and tried to get a Derry player sent off. I personally think O'callaghan is the best midfielder in this country bar Weso and Hunt but I've no time for cheats

You must be feeling left out this year?...when you want to talk about cheats dont look beyond your own club lad...OllieByrne/Fenlon/Heary/Crawley/Crawford/Baker..need i go on?...jealousy is a terrible disease...;)

patsh
22/10/2005, 9:06 AM
Boo Hoo Hoo, the little $hels baby is having a tantrum....Awww....:D

centre mid
22/10/2005, 9:31 AM
In all fairness, O Callaghan is a wonderlfully tallented player, but could do without that side of the game, thought he took a tumble in the box in the first half aswell

But fair play got the winner and all the accolades

sullanefc
22/10/2005, 9:55 AM
I saw his dive in the box in the first half. Surprised he didn't get booked.

The incident with the Derry Goalkeeper was a bit silly, but imagine if he had won the ball and scored from it, we would have been praising his never say die attitude etc etc. It's a fine line.

And the coolness to score that high pressure penalty!!!

Georgie = Legend :)

Cosmo
22/10/2005, 12:02 PM
Georgie = Legend :)

I tend to disagree - a good player alright though

RedX
22/10/2005, 12:10 PM
I tend to disagree - a good player alright though

Wondered when you would pop your nose in...and just to reply to your post George O Callaghan is a LEGEND to all City fans...do you think we care what some of you think..dont you have your own hero in Dan Connor..;)

Ruairi
22/10/2005, 12:13 PM
You must be feeling left out this year?...when you want to talk about cheats dont look beyond your own club lad...OllieByrne/Fenlon/Heary/Crawley/Crawford/Baker..need i go on?...jealousy is a terrible disease...;)

thanks redx, saved me typing out something along those lines!

TOP OF THE LEAGUE AND WE'RE IN THE CUP FINAL!

Cosmo
22/10/2005, 12:13 PM
Wondered when you would pop your nose in...and just to reply to your post George O Callaghan is a LEGEND to all City fans...do you think we care what some of you think..dont you have your own hero in Dan Connor..;)

Well I'd say even Dan Connor is a legend down in cork after last week :D

Dyl10
22/10/2005, 12:32 PM
jealousy is a terrible disease...

Jealousy is not a disease its an emotion:rolleyes:

Risteard
22/10/2005, 12:44 PM
The incident with the Derry Goalkeeper was a bit silly, but imagine if he had won the ball and scored from it, :)
Scummy young ones in my way for that.
What happened?

centre mid
22/10/2005, 12:47 PM
O Callaghan slid in as Forde went to pick up the ball - caught him Forde overacted but deserved a card nonetheless,

pete
22/10/2005, 1:01 PM
O Callaghan slid in as Forde went to pick up the ball - caught him Forde overacted but deserved a card nonetheless,

fair summary.

Troy.McClure
22/10/2005, 5:48 PM

if he had won the ball and scored from it, we would have been praising his never say die attitude etc etc. It's a fine line.

Both true. The ball was there to go for, so I ddont know what the big deal is with that.

George did dive in the box too (but didnt look for a penno interestingly), but aside from that, I dont see why he was such a sinner for some of ye last night. :confused:

A face
22/10/2005, 5:52 PM
We love you Georgie
Cos you wear white boots
We love you Georgie
Cos Citys in your roots !!

MariborKev
22/10/2005, 7:45 PM
I dont see why he was such a sinner for some of ye last night. :confused:

He got hit on the leg with the ball in front of us last night and went down clutching his face.

Then decided to swear at the linesman for not giving anything for this phantom "assualt"

As mentioned by others, he is a fantastic player and a matchwinner but no-one likes a cheat

Troy.McClure
22/10/2005, 7:55 PM
He got hit on the leg with the ball in front of us last night and went down clutching his face.

Ah come off it, that was nothing! "clutching" is a bit ott, and it was more out of frustration more than anything else IMO

razor
22/10/2005, 8:45 PM
As mentioned by others, he is a fantastic player and a matchwinner but no-one likes a cheatForde gets a touch on the toe from Geroge and rolled about like he'd been shot.
I'd never seen such a big team go to ground so easy but ye played the ref very well.
BTW i don't condone Georges actions by any means, in fact my opinions on Geroge are well known.

Vitruvian Man
22/10/2005, 9:04 PM
I suppose it's all part of the skills that makes him such a feared player to go up against.

The defenders are afraid to tackle for the ball because they don't know if he will drop his shoulder and jink past them or throw himself onto the ground and start screaming like a bitch.

About a 50/50 chance of either happening I reckon.

The other arguement is that skillful players get hacked down in our league and the referees are very tolerant of this, so they have to dive in order to protect themselves. So if you want to watch talent like Georges then you have to put up with the diving.

Fair trade becuase he's probably the most entertaining player in the league after Stephen O'Brien.

MariborKev
22/10/2005, 9:09 PM
Ah come off it, that was nothing! "clutching" is a bit ott, and it was more out of frustration more than anything else IMO

He got hit on the leg with the ball, yet went down with both hands over his face.

As I say, a superb talent but with antics like last night, his behviour a few yars ago in the Brandywell when he was sent off(and his dive to get Crawley sent off) he will never be gain the respect of opposing fans.

However if I was a Cork fan, I wouldn't give a s***e what he does as long as he scores last minute winners:D

Anyone hear him on RTE today? They asked him post match if he was heading out on the rip and he said he was away to have a cup of tea with his mother and father:o

Cosmo
22/10/2005, 10:14 PM
We love you Georgie
Cos you wear white boots
We love you Georgie

But did he have enough change to get the bus home :confused:

RedX
23/10/2005, 12:07 AM
But did he have enough change to get the bus home :confused:

I think he was carried on the fans shoulders home..being a legend and a hero you would hardly expect him to pay for the bus..;)

By the way i do hope Drogs win tomorrow..just so we can hammer you boys in the final and give that Connor more abuse..:D

sfc red
23/10/2005, 12:25 AM
We love you Georgie

Bit too much if ya ask me.
Ah no in fairness to Georgie I thought it was very courageous to not be ashamed to bring onto the pitch the child he and his sister had. Fair play

A face
23/10/2005, 12:53 AM
Ah no in fairness to Georgie I thought it was very courageous to not be ashamed to bring onto the pitch the child he and his sister had. Fair play

Yeah ... thats great ... very clever ... you're a real comic alright !! Sit back down now will ya ?? :confused: :o :rolleyes:

A face
23/10/2005, 2:32 AM
The guy is a legend !! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/printmasterbrian/goergegoal.jpg) :p

sfc red
23/10/2005, 2:47 AM
That looked SO unprofessional with 12th of october written on it..sort it out

EnDai
23/10/2005, 11:21 PM
Quality player, though I get fed up of his diving etc, but I do of any player. But at the end of the day, its double standards depending on your perspective.

To put it in context; of those here that support the Irish team - not many will complain when a certain Mr. Duff goes down from the smell of his challengers breath.

Unfortunately it is now seemingly accepted as part of the game the world over, hell look at the English and Spanish leagues. Until something is done about it many players will always do what they can to gain an advantage. Its part of their competitiveness, fair or unfair, whether we agree with it or not.

Cosmo
24/10/2005, 8:37 AM
I think he was carried on the fans shoulders home..being a legend and a hero you would hardly expect him to pay for the bus..;)

By the way i do hope Drogs win tomorrow..just so we can hammer you boys in the final and give that Connor more abuse..:D

Didnt know ye worshipped drink drivers down there :confused: :p

Btw the fellings mutual, we cant wait to give that ponce dogs abuse come cup final day :mad:

As for connor, wahat was that the cork fans were saying about karma.........

eirebhoy
24/10/2005, 9:06 AM
If O'Callagahan was a Shels player he'd be despised by most fans of the EL. I can't stand him tbh. He's a great player but so is Pires, van Nistelrooy and Alexander Frei. And its not just his diving, plenty of players in the EL dive.

Troy.McClure
24/10/2005, 2:37 PM
Some of ye must really hate Diego Maradonna, he used to handle the ball you know! :o

Éanna
27/10/2005, 11:46 PM
Georgie is a legend, simple as that. He loves the club and the fans and he's one of the most talented players in the country, not to mention his workrate which is outstanding. I'm no fan of diving, but players of his class get no protection from referees in this league, and its no wonder they go down- you would too if you were sick of getting kicked around the place.

A face
28/10/2005, 12:31 AM
I'm no fan of diving, but players of his class get no protection from referees in this league, and its no wonder they go down- you would too if you were sick of getting kicked around the place.

But its not their fault they are sh!t players and dont have a hope against Georgie without kickin' lumps out of him. Georgie is just too damned good so he has it coming to him !! :eek: :(

sfc red
28/10/2005, 1:47 AM
I don't think falling over and holding your face when you get tapped on the leg with a ball falls under that little description

A face
28/10/2005, 12:37 PM
I don't think falling over and holding your face when you get tapped on the leg with a ball falls under that little description

But what really happened ??

MariborKev
28/10/2005, 1:04 PM
What happened is what sfc red described.

Is selective memory syndrome a growing problem on Leeside these days?

Éanna
28/10/2005, 1:19 PM
No, of course it doesn't. And as I've said, I don't like diving, but the way Georgie gets kicked around the place, its not hard to understand why he does it- even if it isn't right.

MariborKev
28/10/2005, 1:39 PM
Eanna,

Whilst I don't agree with your point, I can see the logic in it.

However what he did on Friday was not the result of a heavy challenge which went unpunished.

Georgie appeared to have been watching his WC2002 highlights DVD and decided to recreate Rivaldo's dive against Turkey

Éanna
28/10/2005, 1:43 PM
Maribor, I didn't see what he did. I've seen him dive before, and he has made himself look ridiculous on a couple of occasions the way he carries on. Like I said, I don;t agree with diving, but I understand why players like George do take a fall.

Schumi
28/10/2005, 2:10 PM
the way Georgie gets kicked around the place, its not hard to understand why he does it- even if it isn't right.Equally, if someone's going to dive, you may as well kick them!

Cosmo
28/10/2005, 9:53 PM
We love you Georgie
'cos you sups the booze
We love you Georgie
'cos you got white shoes

Georgies cars in buy and sell, buy and sell, buy and sell,
Georgies cars in buy and sell, he don't need it :D .