PDA

View Full Version : Big fines for Harps and Dundalk

A face
20/10/2005, 8:24 PM
Big fines for Harps and Dundalk

Issues of stewarding and supporter behaviour are the latest headline grabbers from the eircom League disciplinary board.
Finn Harps have been fined €1,000 "for the improper behaviour of their supporters v Derry City. The Disciplinary Commission recommended that the club increase stewarding numbers at future matches."

Harps were also fined €100 after five of their players were carded in the same game against Derry.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=3767)

Réiteoir
20/10/2005, 8:40 PM
Does the phrase "Warned as to their future conduct" appear anywhere in the linked statement?

Speranza
20/10/2005, 8:42 PM
Proper order :) Hope this helps to bring about a complete overhaul of the security (or lack of) at the cowshed!

Conor H
20/10/2005, 8:55 PM
What did the Dundalk fans do,does anyone know?.:confused:

sligoman
20/10/2005, 9:03 PM
Surprised we haven't been fined over one of our stewards behaviour at our last game. Obviously no Galway official reported it:(

carrickharp
21/10/2005, 6:42 AM
Proper order :) Hope this helps to bring about a complete overhaul of the security (or lack of) at the cowshed!
WTF we were fined for your fans running onto the pitch no word of that in that report:mad:

Dodge
21/10/2005, 7:21 AM
Give them time sligoman, tis the FAI after all

Mick89
21/10/2005, 8:33 AM
WTF we were fined for your fans running onto the pitch no word of that in that report:mad:

Yes, yes you were. Because it happened at YOUR ground, under YOUR stewarding arrangements.

:rolleyes:

Cosmo
21/10/2005, 8:33 AM
What did the Dundalk fans do,does anyone know?.:confused:

fireworks on the pitch - i think

OneRedArmy
21/10/2005, 8:40 AM
I'd say you were also fined for throwing bottles and fireworks from the Town End terrace at the Derry fans. The guards were dragging away a few people from that end.

I still reckon we have a fine coming.

joey B
21/10/2005, 8:41 AM
Yes, yes you were. Because it happened at YOUR ground, under YOUR stewarding arrangements.

:rolleyes:

Derry should fined as well,as Rovers fans were fined for encroachment on the pitch at Tolka park under Shelbourne's stewarding arrangements.Typical FAI no fcuking consistency:mad:

Strabane_Harp
21/10/2005, 9:27 AM
just to clarify - the only fireworks and flares came from the derry city supporters, as did the first of the missiles, harps had maybe a dozen fans who reacted, derry had over a hundred on the pitch, stealing flags, provoking harps fans and openly urinating on the pitch

yet the FAI fine Finn harps despite previously saying our security arrangements were among the best in the league :confused: unbelieveable and hopefully our board will challenge this farce all the way to the courts if they have too

Dodge
21/10/2005, 9:40 AM
Pats were fined for our fans letting off flares in an away game (v Homeless) No consistency at all

Strabane_Harp
21/10/2005, 9:48 AM
Derry did use flares, there not a problem even if there against ground rules

but one scumbag threw a lit firework at the harps fans being the net which rebounded off the wall and landed on the playing surface just after the goal

its a disgrace that we are being fined for the actions of a hooligan element in the derry support who normally couldnt find the brandywell never mind finn park

OneRedArmy
21/10/2005, 9:50 AM
just to clarify - the only fireworks and flares came from the derry city supporters, as did the first of the missiles, harps had maybe a dozen fans who reacted, derry had over a hundred on the pitch, stealing flags, provoking harps fans and openly urinating on the pitch
Not true.
Fireworks came from both sides and over the wall from people outside.
Bottles came from your side and some were returned by the Derry fans.
I've been told one flare was thrown by the Derry fans.
Whilst a hundred may have been on the pitch, one was alleged to have urinated on it and one flag was stolen.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I'll repeat again, as I left the guards were trying to restrain or arrest a number of fans, none of them from Derry.

Don't get me wrong, we deserve a fine but you certainly deserve yours and trying to paint it as all our fault does you no favours.

Strabane_Harp
21/10/2005, 10:03 AM
I was fully expecting a fine, but im furious that the league has not fined your club at least 3 times the amount.

The bottles came from city fans first

There were at least 4 flares used in the city crowd

The only firework inside the crowd was thrown by derry fans and landed on the pitch, it was not a flare.

And the guards responded after being asked to by the harps stewards to help move away the dozen or so idiots responding to the derry fans.
Can you actually imagine the 2 Guards trying to get into the derry crowd, in fairness it was the right option to move our lot along as it saved time and potential trouble on a larger scale

Mr A
21/10/2005, 10:35 AM
In a league famous for stupid decisions this has to rank among the stupidest.

Harps were not fined for our security arrangements, but for the 'improper behaviour' of our fans.

How we end up with a big fine while Derry get nothing is a mystery. This decision will be appealed, and, in the unlikely event that there's anyone in charge with the brains they were born with, successfully so.

Strabane_Harp
21/10/2005, 10:37 AM
Surely the FAI will consider the video and photographic evidence that people had the sense to take on the night?

harpskid
21/10/2005, 11:12 AM
And do yis honestly think an appeal will be successful. FFS this is the eircom league we are in.

A Derry supporter openly urinated on the pitch - evidence to prove this!! Derry supporters threw missiles and had flares and should, going by a precident set by the disciplinary committee, be fined for these incidents. They should also be fined for encroaching the pitch.

I do agree that we should get the fine for inadequate security and for the missile throwing and general thuggery of our own fans, especially the wee pr!ck wearing theb Spurs top who appeared to be ejected from the ground but was then orchastrating the missile throwing from behind the Town End goals.

Why though have Derry got off scot free though?

Strabane_Harp
21/10/2005, 12:07 PM
Cause big clubs who are doing well dont get fined chris

WeAreRovers
21/10/2005, 12:09 PM
Derry should fined as well,as Rovers fans were fined for encroachment on the pitch at Tolka park under Shelbourne's stewarding arrangements.Typical FAI no fcuking consistency:mad:

Spot on, it's the lack of consistency that drives me mad. Idiots. Where's the FAI's fine for not providing a ref for an EL Game?

KOH

Redzer
21/10/2005, 12:12 PM
Surprised we haven't been fined over one of our stewards behaviour at our last game. Obviously no Galway official reported it:(
Sligoman, our stewards did nothing wrong. It was a member of the M.C. who is also the event controller. So, dont be running down the stewards. They are doing a good job as far as I can see.

Block G Raptor
21/10/2005, 12:53 PM
Fining clubs over the use of flares is Idiotic
flares add great colour and spectical to the games
the other carry on is deplorable
I think the league/fai should organise stewarding for the games
then they cant go fining the clubs when the stewards fcuk up

Philo
21/10/2005, 1:54 PM
Fining clubs over the use of flares is Idiotic
flares add great colour and spectical to the games
the other carry on is deplorable
I think the league/fai should organise stewarding for the games
then they cant go fining the clubs when the stewards fcuk up

There's a difference between throwing flares/fireworks and using them sensibly. Bohs got a €3k fine for probably the most coordinated and sensibly managed flare display ever while everyone else gets a grand.

sligoman
21/10/2005, 2:32 PM
Sligoman, our stewards did nothing wrong. It was a member of the M.C. who is also the event controller. So, dont be running down the stewards. They are doing a good job as far as I can see.I'm not running them down. If you look again, I said one of our stewards, not all of them;)

Dazzy
22/10/2005, 10:40 AM
the wee pr!ck wearing theb Spurs top who appeared to be ejected from the ground but was then orchastrating the missile throwing from behind the Town End goals.

Why though have Derry got off scot free though?

Seen him running over to us after the goal with a greece flag i think and he was at the town end after the game!

We should be fined, probally still adding up our tally :p

fbtn
22/10/2005, 12:33 PM
The wee thug you are on about will not be getting back into Finn Park again.