PDA

View Full Version : Kildare County in trouble?

Countyman
06/10/2005, 3:42 PM
Theres a rumour on our official site that a team from Kerry will be replacing Kildare next year.
Anyone out there hear anything similar?

Conor H
06/10/2005, 4:54 PM
Theres a rumour on our official site that a team from Kerry will be replacing Kildare next year.
Anyone out there hear anything similar?
A team from Kerry would be great!
(not saying that they should replace kildare)

Kerry Blue
06/10/2005, 7:51 PM
I would love to see a Kerry team in the eL but you needn't worry Countyman, there isn't any club in the KDL who would have the facilities or finance to cope with what would be required to compete in the league. A few seasons ago Tralee Dynamos (Kerry's oldest and most successful club) competed in the MSL but withdrew because of the financial burden. The only way a team from Kerry could compete would be for an all Kerry team to enter the league, just like the U-21's. I can't see this happening at the moment, but maybe in a few years, depending on what happens after the league decide what to do with the Genesis report. Either way, it would be rediculous to replace a team like Kildare in the league. Teams should be added to the league and not at the expense of another one particularly like Kildare who are relatively new anyway.

Rebal Boy
06/10/2005, 7:57 PM
I'm sure KDL are trying to enter it. They tryed a few years ago anyway I think. I think it would be great to see a team from Kerry in the LOI. We'll see what happens anyway.

strangeirish
06/10/2005, 8:01 PM
MCasey
Admin Group
Administrator
Posts: 286 Posted: October/01/2005 at 10:48 | IP Logged | Report Post

Not for the first time Tommy- Your "good sources" are once again way off the mark and their "strong indications" are nothing more than a mischevious effort to damage the club.
Really this sort of rubbish, where ever and however it originated, does not deserve a reply.
You can tell your "good sources" that whether they like it or not, Kildare County expects to bring National League football at the highest level we can achieve, to this region for a very long time to come.

As quoted by one of the directors of Kildare County on the official club website forum. Straight from the horses mouth.(pun intended)

sligoman
06/10/2005, 8:04 PM
On the Kildare forum;) :D:

I hope ye do survive, even though ye bring some whacky fans ie. Siempre Blanco into the EL

strangeirish
06/10/2005, 8:08 PM
Yea, I saw that. How the hell did we manage to steal him from ye?:p :D

sligoman
06/10/2005, 8:09 PM
Yea, I saw that. How the hell did we manage to steal him from ye?:p :DWell he was banned from here so there's no other Rovers forum so he had to move to ye, anyway, ye can keep him:p ;)

strangeirish
06/10/2005, 8:13 PM
Well he was banned from here so there's no other Rovers forum so he had to move to ye, anyway, ye can keep him:p ;)

Ah, nefarious vile drivel tripe off to Spain now to ya.:D

sligoman
06/10/2005, 8:15 PM
Ah, nefarious vile drivel tripe off to Spain now to ya.:D:D:D, I wonder do people actually care that he's in Spain or not? Why does he keep mentioning it?:confused:

strangeirish
06/10/2005, 8:21 PM
:D:D, I wonder do people actually care that he's in Spain or not? Why does he keep mentioning it?:confused:

I'd rather wipe me hole with sandpaper than read or respond to that lads verbal diahrea. Anyway, I think he needs a new identity...Pele Magoo maybe!:D

Mr A
06/10/2005, 8:55 PM
Given that Kildare are unlikely to finish in a re-election slot the only ways they could be put out of the league would be to fail to get a first division licence or simple withdraw of their own accord. In that case the league would be bound to accept applications form all over, not just from Kerry.

sullanefc
06/10/2005, 9:38 PM
Why does a team HAVE to drop out to let another in? :confused: Can't they just add another team to the league? Whats the problem :confused:

A face
06/10/2005, 10:15 PM
Why does a team HAVE to drop out to let another in? :confused: Can't they just add another team to the league? Whats the problem :confused:

I dont think there is a problem and apply common sense and you can safely say there wont be a problem. The whole issue has been cleared up now anyway .... but why are people spreading this kinda story .... is there one of the redtop rags involved in this.

BohsFans
07/10/2005, 1:48 AM
They tryed a few years ago anyway I think.

It's spelt tried

sligoman
07/10/2005, 1:49 AM
It's spelt triedSince when did you become the master of spellings then?:confused:

BohsFans
07/10/2005, 2:04 AM
Since when did you become the master of spellings then?:confused:

Since I know how to spell a simple word such as tried :rolleyes:

The f uckin cheek of some of the culchies on here is unbelievable:rolleyes:

sligoman
07/10/2005, 2:12 AM
The f uckin cheek of some of the culchies on here is unbelievable:rolleyes:I know, them Harps fans are a disgrace:mad:

exile
07/10/2005, 7:27 AM
Since I know how to spell a simple word such as tried :rolleyes:

The f uckin cheek of some of the culchies on here is unbelievable:rolleyes:
lets all bow down to the superior dublanders, the feckin cheek of those fcukin junkies :rolleyes:

NY Hoop
07/10/2005, 9:49 AM
lets all bow down to the superior dublanders, the feckin cheek of those fcukin junkies :rolleyes:

Hey dont tar us all with the same brush as the scum. He might know how to spell but does he have a job?:D

Anyway glad it was only a rumour. Kildare are a welcome addition to the league and to answer an earlier query you cant just add another team to the league cos it would lead to a lop sided league. By all means bring in a Kerry team to replace CHF. But as the kerryman said if they cant afford it wait a few years but they should be definitely the next new team.

KOH

dublinred
07/10/2005, 9:55 AM
Heard Siempre is going to launch a takeover aka Ron Noades and take charge of the team.

Any chance of letting him back on here as I do miss his amusing posts.

sligoman
07/10/2005, 11:19 AM
Any chance of letting him back on here as I do miss his amusing posts.He's still making them on the Kildare forum if you ever need a laugh;) :D

Kerry Blue
10/10/2005, 5:57 PM
Despite my earlier beliefs that no club in the KDL would be able to compete in the eircom League for one reason or another it seems I was wrong as I have found out that indeed a club in the KDL intends to make an application to join the League for the 2006 season. I have been in contact with a senior official at a KDL club who was able to confirm this. For the moment he doesn't wish to be named or to have the club's name made public, however he informed me of plans currently in place. The club intend to play their home matches at Mounthawk Park in Tralee. This ground is owned by the KDL and it's where the Kerry U-21 team play their home matches. He told me that representatives from the eircom League had recently visited the ground and were happy that it would comply with a First Division licence, though of course this doesn't gaurantee a licence. He also told me that plans are in place to raise the necessary funds required to join the League and compete. He was extremely confident that the club could raise this money and subsequently be able to attract the standard of player required to compete in the eL. He said he didn't know anything about the Kildare County situation just that he was only interested in getting his team into the eL. It will be interesting to see how things develop over the next few months.

Rovers1
10/10/2005, 7:38 PM
I hope Kildare dont go,theyve only been around for 2-3 years,and there a sure 3 points :-)!! Theryre beatin Dubs 1-0 now so that cant be bad!!!

sligoman
10/10/2005, 8:19 PM
I hope Kildare dont go,theyve only been around for 2-3 years,and there a sure 3 points :-):confused:, how did ya work that one out? We've bet them 2 out of 3 times this season. But last season they bet us 2 out of 3 times. Kildare are always a tricky team, and to say that they're a sure 3 points is a joke

GalwayFrancis
10/10/2005, 10:20 PM
if a KDL team wanna join the league... i'd be more than happy to have them. find someone else to join with them and make the el 1st div a 12 team lge. more the merrier!

Terry
11/10/2005, 7:39 AM
This is great news, a weekend in Kerry WOO HOO !! the first division is going to be even better crack !!:D

I take it that if they do join and Kildare are staying that the league will either go to a 4 round with 40 games, or 3 round with 30 games :confused:

NY Hoop
11/10/2005, 9:46 AM
Super stuff. Think a Kerry team will be a great addition to the league. Galwayfrancis no need to add another team. Just chuck out CHF.

KOH

dapman1
11/10/2005, 10:18 AM
Firts of all lads we are not going anywhere. Secondly we are certailny having a crap year, but anybody who says we are a push over and an easy 3 points hasnt been to many of our games since we started.

Eircom League football is certainly an expensive hobby, but this year we decided to consolidate financially. More fundraisers, more sales of our five month draw tickets and at the sametime reducing our overdraft at the bank. This has been partially successful, but it is a step in the right direction and should mean that we start next season in better financial health then the way that we started this season.

As a club that is only four years old, we dont need to make the same financial mistakes as some others have, and have started to do something about it now.

Next year we are planning to have a squad which will feature a number of the local players that have come through the ranks from our under 21 and under 18 teams. Planning permission has been in place for a new stand on the opposite side of the pitch from the club house and current stand. All of this work certainly points to a long term view of things. Not going out of business.

In terms of a Kerry team joining the league. I say great. I have never seen a bad sports outfit from Kerry, and I can only see positives from this. So what if the first division becomes lopsided? It can hardly make it any worse.

What ever happened to the Mullingars attempt to join the league. There are currently two different Mullingar teans playing in the U21 league, surely they would have enough wherewithall between them to have a good set up. Certainly would add to midlands derby scene.

Rovers1
11/10/2005, 7:22 PM
:confused:, how did ya work that one out? We've bet them 2 out of 3 times this season. But last season they bet us 2 out of 3 times. Kildare are always a tricky team, and to say that they're a sure 3 points is a joke

oh jesus im startin to regret not putting a :p smiley at the end of the sentence,jesus sligoman no need to take it so seriously!

pineapple stu
11/10/2005, 7:51 PM
Great news about the Kerry team. It seems the eL's policy (don't want to give the FAI any credit!:p ) of bringing in some local teams to the U-21 league and the League Cup is paying off. Maybe a team from Mayo (also in the U-21s) could come in as well? Couldn't really have an eleven-team league. Would like to see the league push towards a north/south First Division with 10/12 teams in each and as many counties represented as possible. If this were to go ahead, it'd be a step in the right direction. It'd be slow - not like the Genesis recommendation - but a regionalised First Division would surely be a great help to the clubs involved in terms of saving on travel costs?

Would there be much interest in a First Division eL team (for now) in Kerry?

dcfcsteve
12/10/2005, 10:36 AM

Numbers, dear Sullanefc, numbers. You can't just add another one in - 23 teams would play havoc with the fixtures.... :D

I know what you mean though - would be good to be adding teams, not just swopping them-out, and it sounds like this is what is being proposed with Kerry. Would mean a second 'mystery' team is in the running for a league place as well, which is great news. I'd guess Mullingar wouyld get it, as they've been chasing one for years now. Mayo might also be an outside chance.

Would be great if any Kerry team was promoting itself as a truely all-county team. Using the GAA colours etc.

bigmac
12/10/2005, 11:14 AM
Numbers, dear Sullanefc, numbers. You can't just add another one in - 23 teams would play havoc with the fixtures.... :D

Why? Can anyone explain how 11 teams is worse than 10? with eleven you play either 20 or 30 games, with ten it's 18 or 27. What's the big deal?

Roverstillidie
12/10/2005, 11:58 AM
i dont buy this travel cost regional league arguement at all.

whats the furthest journey a 1st division club has to make. monaghan to cobh?

the marginal cost in travelling to galway over monaghan must be negligible. change for the sake of change if you ask me.

holidaysong
12/10/2005, 12:01 PM
Why? Can anyone explain how 11 teams is worse than 10? with eleven you play either 20 or 30 games, with ten it's 18 or 27. What's the big deal?

One club would be left without a fixture each weekend.

pineapple stu
12/10/2005, 12:20 PM
One club would be left without a fixture each weekend.
More importantly, one club could be left on the last day of the season knowing exactly what they have to do to win the league/get promoted/etc.

what's the furthest journey a 1st division club has to make? Monaghan to Cobh?
Potentially Harps/Derry v. Cobh. A good 500-mile round trip at least. Granted, Ireland's a small country, but if we can help the smaller teams save a few quid - remember some lower-league teams are citing cost as a reason for not entering the league - why not help them?

Redzer
12/10/2005, 12:26 PM
Would be great if any Kerry team was promoting itself as a truely all-county team. Using the GAA colours etc.
Surely, you dont need the GAA colours to represent an all county team!
Be origional, and use different colours.

NY Hoop
12/10/2005, 12:26 PM
i dont buy this travel cost regional league arguement at all.

whats the furthest journey a 1st division club has to make. monaghan to cobh?

the marginal cost in travelling to galway over monaghan must be negligible. change for the sake of change if you ask me.

Agree. In this day and age with the competition between bus companies etc its not going to put clubs out of business travelling to away games FFS. Get a bus sponsor or something..........

Regional league is a load of ********. What would be the difference between it and say the Munster Senior League then?

10 team premier, bring in the Kerry team and chuck out CHF.

KOH

dcfcsteve
12/10/2005, 4:33 PM
Surely, you dont need the GAA colours to represent an all county team!
Be origional, and use different colours.

Nothing unoriginal in using the GAA colours - they tend to be the primary colours from the county's crest anyway. The GAA neither own nor made-up from scratch the colours of most county teams in the country.

It's like saying it's unoriginal or bad for a national team to play in the colours of their national flag.....!

If certain colours symbolise a county, and a football team wants to consciously try to represent that county as a whole, why would you go out of your way to choose different colours for your kit ? Doesn't make any sense....

Kerry Blue
13/10/2005, 6:25 PM
Would there be much interest in a First Division eL team (for now) in Kerry?
That's a very good question. Attendances were poor for the u-21's this year, but you never know what would happen if they joined the eL. If the team brought in players from the different Junior clubs in the county they might bring extra support with them.

The u-21's colours this season were green shirts with white sleeves and green shorts. Just like Hibernian in the SPL. Previously they incorporated gold in the kit for an all Kerry look but stuck with just green and white this year.