PDA

View Full Version : Matches weekend 8th 9th March 2024

Pages : [1] 2 3

sbgawa
06/03/2024, 4:20 PM
Weekend 8th / 9th March 2024
https://a.bn.ie/w/d/10.php?bannerid=17&campaignid=2&zoneid=14&source={obfs:}&loc=https%3A%2F%2Ffoot.ie%2Fthreads%2F290942-Weekend-8th-9th-March-2024%3Fp%3D2179779%23post2179779&referer=https%3A%2F%2Ffoot.ie%2Factivity.php&cb=a34e5cfafe

Premier Division

Friday 8th (All 19:45)

Bohemians v Shelbourne
Galway v Drogheda
St Pats v Dundalk
Derry v Waterford

Saturday 9th

Sligo v Shamrock Rovers (19:45)

First Division

Friday 8th (All 19:45)

Athlone v Kerry
Finn Harps v Cobh
Treaty v Bray
UCD V Wexford

Saturday 9th

Longford v Cork (19:30)

sbgawa
06/03/2024, 4:20 PM
The relegation battle gets serious with a win for Dundalk at Pats putting Rovers bottom of the table heading to the free scoring Sligo on Saturday.
Bohs v Shels has a big match feel even at this early stage given the supporter unrest there and Shels topping the league wont be going down well on De North side.
Derry still have a lot to prove imo and wouldnt be surprised if Waterford get something up there , drawing with us in Tallaght isnt a great form guide (ahem Dundalk).
Galway have a real chance to pull an early season 6 pointer against Drogs who everyone now seems to be tipping for the drop.

Treaty have a very winnable match with a poor Bray team to go 4 from 4 and Harps must be strong favs to continue their good start against Cobh.
Its early days but Cork dont look as good as the odds suggested and Harps look better.....title fever in Donegal ??

culloty82
06/03/2024, 6:20 PM
An entirely useless stat for the thread - due to the quirks of the LoI fixture calendar, Friday will be Kerry's first excursion outside of Munster (and indeed any further than County Cork) since travelling to Ballybofey on September 29th.

Knocklyonhoop
06/03/2024, 7:34 PM
All Prem matches bar Derry to get north of 4K?

Buckett
06/03/2024, 7:45 PM
Friday's another "Club Night" in Terryland. Loads of tickets distributed to local clubs. They did this last season for the Cobh game and had a full-house, 4,300.

mcgonigle
06/03/2024, 9:49 PM
Can't see many Dundalk fans in Richmond on Friday, mainly because were awful and another hiding is the most likely outcome.

But also partly because of the ticket price. €24 (€22 + €2 admin) for an adult ticket must be the most expensive in the league and doesn't guarantee you a seat or cover. Also very limited student and concession tickets. I get early access as St holder and they were all gone before I got there, so for me, my dad (OAP) and my son (student) would be full adult price (€72), not many can afford that. Same issue at Bohs re concessions, gone before you get in to buy it seems. Do clubs set their own number of concessions?

dundalkfc10
06/03/2024, 10:17 PM
Can't see many Dundalk fans in Richmond on Friday, mainly because were awful and another hiding is the most likely outcome.

But also partly because of the ticket price. €24 (€22 + €2 admin) for an adult ticket must be the most expensive in the league and doesn't guarantee you a seat or cover. Also very limited student and concession tickets. I get early access as St holder and they were all gone before I got there, so for me, my dad (OAP) and my son (student) would be full adult price (€72), not many can afford that. Same issue at Bohs re concessions, gone before you get in to buy it seems. Do clubs set their own number of concessions?

I know a few Dundalk lads who have bought home tickets for terrace and will just stand behind the goals beside the away section. Saved a €5 each

Another Bohemia
07/03/2024, 8:49 AM
Big game on Friday for Bohs. The team very obviously had no plan vs Drogheda so need to see some semblance of organisation against a very organised Shels team who are on the crest of a wave at the minute. If Bohs continue to play as poorly as they have for the back end of last season and the start of this one I expect it to get pretty restless.

Shearer
07/03/2024, 10:17 AM
Good chance for Treaty to go 4/4 against Bray, although I'd take a point.

The highs of Monday for Kerry will make them forget about Friday's defeat to Treaty. I'd fancy them to get a result in Athlone.

TonyD
07/03/2024, 8:32 PM
Three points an absolute must for Pats tomorrow night. The keeper surely has to be replaced, and I’d ditch the three at the back too. Keating needs more support up front, I’d play Leavy as a No 10 with him. He’s such a good ball carrier, I think we need to get him doing that more on the edge of the box. If we make those changes I’d be hopeful of winning. Waterford was our worst display yet, I actually thought we were decent in spells against both Bohs and Derry. Some people seem to be turning on Daly already, which is just mental after 4 games.

RealJohn91
07/03/2024, 8:58 PM
Yeah you should be building that team around Leavy. Rare to get that combination of dribbling and pace at this level of football.

Nesta99
07/03/2024, 10:46 PM
An entirely useless stat for the thread - due to the quirks of the LoI fixture calendar, Friday will be Kerry's first excursion outside of Munster (and indeed any further than County Cork) since travelling to Ballybofey on September 29th.

Nothing useless about that stat. Its exactly the type of thing us LoI fanatics thrive on, especially now that us long term fans have to mix with all these annoying smelly newbies telling us that we should go to a LoI game cause its really cool! Dundalk aside we should change the attendance thread to infestation thread....I liked having an almost entire terrace in Dalymount or the like to roam around. No pleasing some of us:o

2 Year Contract
07/03/2024, 10:53 PM
Nothing useless about that stat. Its exactly the type of thing us LoI fanatics thrive on, especially now that us long term fans have to mix with all these annoying smelly newbies telling us that we should go to a LoI game cause its really cool! Dundalk aside we should change the attendance thread to infestation thread....I liked having a almost an entire terrace in Dalymount or the like to roam around. No pleasing some of us:o

No pleasing us is right! A part of me thought the same at the Pats and Bohs game in Inchicore when absolutely crammed in together on the Camac, I couldn’t help but have a small part of me that misses having the ability to rock up 5 minutes before kickoff and have more or less the pick of which spot you wanted to lean on the barrier. Nowadays the barrier is prime real estate that you have to be in the ground early to have any chance of getting a spot on one!

Nesta99
07/03/2024, 10:58 PM
Three points an absolute must for Pats tomorrow night. The keeper surely has to be replaced, and I’d ditch the three at the back too. Keating needs more support up front, I’d play Leavy as a No 10 with him. He’s such a good ball carrier, I think we need to get him doing that more on the edge of the box. If we make those changes I’d be hopeful of winning. Waterford was our worst display yet, I actually thought we were decent in spells against both Bohs and Derry. Some people seem to be turning on Daly already, which is just mental after 4 games.

Dont worry too much about the keeper, Dundalk defend like early 2023 season St Pats. No advocate for long ball but a few punts over the top, some sensible running the line and with pace and we're goosed. I cant see us holding out if we sit in either. If St Pats dont turn it on it could be poor fare, and for €22 + change. I cant travel and Im even wondering if I will watch on LoITV, I know if I do subscribe for the game and its car crash stuff I wont be able to not watch - old style LoI masochist!

Nesta99
07/03/2024, 11:08 PM
No pleasing us is right! A part of me thought the same at the Pats and Bohs game in Inchicore when absolutely crammed in together on the Camac, I couldn’t help but have a small part of me that misses having the ability to rock up 5 minutes before kickoff and have more or less the pick of which spot you wanted to lean on the barrier. Nowadays the barrier is prime real estate that you have to be in the ground early to have any chance of getting a spot on one!

I dont know your vintage 2YC but I think I am now the sort of fan that I used to listen to talk about the good old days, like when the Oriel Park pitch was 90 degress to what it is now never mind plastic. I will adapt but yeah queues, sold out games, sold out programmes, closest atms to grounds empty, I should have been careful for what I wished for! The next think will be going to see a LoI game in a stadium instead of a ground...

redarmyfaction
08/03/2024, 9:21 AM
Big game on Friday for Bohs. The team very obviously had no plan vs Drogheda so need to see some semblance of organisation against a very organised Shels team who are on the crest of a wave at the minute. If Bohs continue to play as poorly as they have for the back end of last season and the start of this one I expect it to get pretty restless.

The bookies put up Bohs as favs for this ( Shels just gone fav on betfair), hard to see why, Shels are so well organised and look like they will improve on their good start and possibly be in the mix this year.

Another Bohemia
08/03/2024, 9:26 AM
The bookies put up Bohs as favs for this ( Shels just gone fav on betfair), hard to see why, Shels are so well organised and look like they will improve on their good start and possibly be in the mix this year.

From my experience bookies will care very little about LOI odds and generally home team will be the favourite unless the home team is newly promoted or the away team was league winner/cup winner. It's not a big money market for most bookies with any horse race is probably doing significantly higher in terms of total stakes than even the biggest LOI games. If you're betting regularly on LOI games and winning you'll likely see your max stake restricted on those markets very quickly and if any sort of money goes on an LOI game it's usually a red flag that something is up.

Jd2793
08/03/2024, 9:38 AM
From my experience bookies will care very little about LOI odds and generally home team will be the favourite unless the home team is newly promoted or the away team was league winner/cup winner. It's not a big money market for most bookies with any horse race is probably doing significantly higher in terms of total stakes than even the biggest LOI games. If you're betting regularly on LOI games and winning you'll likely see your max stake restricted on those markets very quickly and if any sort of money goes on an LOI game it's usually a red flag that something is up.

Bookies copy all their odds from the asian markets and add their own margin to those prices. from midday onwards LOI prem is a decent market in asia, limits go much bigger and increase as kick off nears.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
08/03/2024, 11:16 AM
All Prem matches bar Derry to get north of 4K?

Surprised ye haven’t sold all the allocation yet

Calcio Jack
08/03/2024, 12:45 PM
Jack B still unavailable for Rovers…. Having been told by Bradley on a weekly basis that “… he should be ready this week…” now no mention of a return date … starting to become ‘worrying’ at this stage

redarmyfaction
08/03/2024, 1:14 PM
Bookies copy all their odds from the asian markets and add their own margin to those prices. from midday onwards LOI prem is a decent market in asia, limits go much bigger and increase as kick off nears.

Can you post a link to the Asian markets please?

wonder88
08/03/2024, 1:32 PM
A dry day with an easterly breeze here in the west, so cover up well for Terryland tonight. A key game, its important that Galway get ahead first I think.
Interesting couple of points made here about the new popularity of the LoI. I would be one who also like to roaming about at a game. In relation to the Pats increase in ticket prices, could 25 euro be a ceiling even if the public seem to be getting used to the recent high inflation in the country. Are the new fans mostly middle class?

ontheotherhand
08/03/2024, 1:38 PM
A dry day with an easterly breeze here in the west, so cover up well for Terryland tonight. A key game, its important that Galway get ahead first I think.
Interesting couple of points made here about the new popularity of the LoI. I would be one who also like to roaming about at a game. In relation to the Pats increase in ticket prices, could 25 euro be a ceiling even if the public seem to be getting used to the recent high inflation in the country. Are the new fans mostly middle class?

I miss switching ends at half time.

But I'd probably miss the atmosphere and buzz generated by big crowds and pyro more. One gone, hope we keep the other.

2 Year Contract
08/03/2024, 1:54 PM
In relation to the Pats increase in ticket prices, could 25 euro be a ceiling even if the public seem to be getting used to the recent high inflation in the country. Are the new fans mostly middle class?

Id imagine that’s the ceiling yes. No pats fan is charged €25 into our home games. The price was raised to €22 for main stand tickets for this season plus €2 handling fee, but since that was announced, all main stand season tickets sold out so there isn’t any of those €24 tickets available to home fans for any league game this season. The terrace tickets remain at €15 but with an added €2 handling fee.

On tonight's game, they’re now down to the last 100 tickets available since making shed end tickets available to home fans a day or two ago. While that demand for tickets exists (even off the back of a bad start to the season), then I’d imagine ticket prices won’t be dropped any time soon

Jd2793
08/03/2024, 2:26 PM
Can you post a link to the Asian markets please?

https://www.ps3838.com/en/sports

cant link other sites

redarmyfaction
08/03/2024, 5:02 PM
https://www.ps3838.com/en/sports

cant link other sites

You have linked to a Pinnacle Sports white label, Pinnacle are mid sized Dutch bookie based in Curacao, their business model is low margin-low stakes, they scrape prices off the sites of established bookmakers and resell them to mostly white labels across the world, don't believe me, their Irish football offering cover the same markets as Powers right down to the Metropolitan Cup on at 11am Sunday morning and if you think that Johan and Jan are out in Caribbean puzzling over the likely Malahide starting eleven, I have a bridge you sell you.

redarmyfaction
08/03/2024, 6:13 PM
You have linked to a Pinnacle Sports white label, Pinnacle are mid sized Dutch bookie based in Curacao, their business model is low margin-low stakes, they scrape prices off the sites of established bookmakers and resell them to mostly white labels across the world, don't believe me, their Irish football offering cover the same markets as Powers right down to the Metropolitan Cup on at 11am Sunday morning and if you think that Johan and Jan are out in Caribbean puzzling over the likely Malahide starting eleven, I have a bridge you sell you.

That is not too say, Pinnacle are strangers to innovation they had a restful API (the only bookie I have ever known to have an API even if they restricted calls) when Betfair used remote procedures and Betdaq, god help us returned XMLs

Nesta99
08/03/2024, 7:19 PM
There's that ball over the top and Dundalk defenders caught very high and cant scramble back.

Cup game feel to this, little quality, high tempo, meaty challanges. Real test of character of this Dundalk side, fold or at least make a game of it until 90mins+.

redarmyfaction
08/03/2024, 7:28 PM
Derry go top.

sbgawa
08/03/2024, 7:36 PM
By my standards had a decent sized bet on Harps tonight..............lads come on ...cobh....bring back ollie:)

NeverFeltBetter
08/03/2024, 7:36 PM
Two nil Treaty at half time, bit of a strange game, think Bray have been better for the most part, three great chances missed where it looked easier to score, and one botched non-advantage from the ref too. Edge to it too, loads of yellows being flashed, someone is getting sent off here.

Jd2793
08/03/2024, 7:37 PM

singbet are the big ones but you can only access them through a broker so cant link the site. betisn + pin have 1k limits pre + 1.7k limits live on LOI. and yeah i know they scrape the lsl/msl regional stuff with terrible limits. not sure why you are going on about lsl when i was replying to a comment about bookies pricing vs Asia.

redarmyfaction
08/03/2024, 7:41 PM
By my standards had a decent sized bet on Harps tonight..............lads come on ...cobh....bring back ollie:)

Harps nearly 9s now on Betfair if you fancy a top up.

Jd2793
08/03/2024, 7:47 PM
no city game so decided to waatch ucd/wexford. ucd are awful, hard to remember a first division as bad as this one. have to go back a good few years id imagine to find such a lack of quality. we arent even good. treaty should really give the league a shake up this year.

total hoofball
08/03/2024, 7:53 PM
Bobbly bumpy Dalymount pitch winning out against both Bohs and Shels so far

culloty82
08/03/2024, 8:00 PM
Daniel Okwute gives us the lead in Athlone - could history repeat itself?

redarmyfaction
08/03/2024, 8:14 PM
Bobbly bumpy Dalymount pitch winning out against both Bohs and Shels so far

Got 0 0 written all over it ATM

NeverFeltBetter
08/03/2024, 8:32 PM
Two nil Treaty at half time, bit of a strange game, think Bray have been better for the most part, three great chances missed where it looked easier to score, and one botched non-advantage from the ref too. Edge to it too, loads of yellows being flashed, someone is getting sent off here.

2-2 now, Treaty have been dreadful in the second, sitting back and trying to play on the counter, only they keep picking the wrong pass and are scrambling at the back. Soft looking penalty for Bray's first, but they deserve at least a draw.

culloty82
08/03/2024, 8:39 PM
Finishes 1-1 in the Midlands - terrible defending for Athlone's equaliser, but we'd probably have taken a draw before the game started.

kingdomkerry
08/03/2024, 8:42 PM
Finishes 1-1 in the Midlands - terrible defending for Athlone's equaliser, but we'd probably have taken a draw before the game started.

Rode our luck a bit in the 2nd half but deserved the draw. Another avoidable goal conceded from a set piece. Keeper has to catch or punch balls in to a crowded area. Flapping at it leads to soft goals.

NeverFeltBetter
08/03/2024, 8:43 PM
Barely hang on for the draw. That's a reality check after the first three wins. If you're going to try and absorb pressure and play on the break, you need to do better than that for both aspects of the plan.

placid casual
08/03/2024, 8:49 PM
Will Aidan fitzgypo be declaring tonight that it might already be too late for Rovers to win the league, with Shels an insurmountable 11 points clear of the Champions. Poor enough game although in fairness the surface looked poor and made it a bit of a leveller. Joey O'Brien and his media monkey are doing a fine job there at shels,fair play. I've given up even caring what boez do tbh, they are so irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Nesta99
08/03/2024, 8:49 PM
As few as there are the positives in defeat is that we looked like a team that 'clicked' on about 73 mins. Became a good game. Created a few chances. Defensively just a shambles - if there isnt a really pacey defender in a 3 man defence i dont know why they push up so hIgh. Youd hope maybe Boyle would have a sense of positioning, the auld reading of the game to make up for pace but I dont think so.

Jamie Lennon was excellent, just a pain in the aras, in a good centre midfielder way. Ref was a mixed bag but again as much for both sides.

If we can bottle that last 20 mins we will climb the table al the way to 9th and go and win a play-off. Other results are helping, ie Bohs losing, Drogs and Galway cancelling eachother out. Will it be a Rovers Return tomorrow (ok Im leaving...), champions v champions of tradition - Rovers are under a bit of pressure to win as Derry may well be capable of capitalising on slip ups. Sligo result and that sense of them quietly getting on with business, underestimated and at their most dangerous fits.

Nesta99
08/03/2024, 8:50 PM
Will Aidan fitzgypo be declaring tonight that it might already be too late for Rovers to win the league, with Shels an insurmountable 11 points clear of the Champions. Poor enough game although in fairness the surface looked poor and made it a bit of a leveller. Joey O'Brien and his media monkey are doing a fine job there at shels,fair play. I've given up even caring what boez do tbh, they are so irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Careful now! Not very nice 'PC'!

Nesta99
08/03/2024, 8:54 PM
singbet are the big ones but you can only access them through a broker so cant link the site. betisn + pin have 1k limits pre + 1.7k limits live on LOI. and yeah i know they scrape the lsl/msl regional stuff with terrible limits. not sure why you are going on about lsl when i was replying to a comment about bookies pricing vs Asia.

Way off topic but would anyone here actually bet 1k or 1.7k on a game? No judgement, if even willing to say so.

Shinkicker
08/03/2024, 9:00 PM
As few as there are the positives in defeat is that we looked like a team that 'clicked' on about 23 mins. Became a good game. Created a few chances. Defensively just a shambles - if there isnt a really pacey defender in a 3 man defence i dont know why they push up so hogh. Youd hope maybe Boyle would have a sense of positioning, the auld reading of the game to make up for pace but I dont think so.

Jamie Lennon was excellent, just a pain in the aras, in a good centre midfielder way. Ref was a mixed bag but again as much for both sides.

If we can bottle that last 20 mins we will climb the table al the way to 9th and go and win a play-off. Other results are helping, ie Bohs losing, Drogs and Galway cancelling eachother out. Will it be a Rovers Return tomorrow (ok Im leaving...), champions v champions of tradition - Rovers are under a bit of pressure to win as Derry may well be capable of capitalising on slip ups. Sligo result and that sense of them quietly getting on with business, underestimated and at their most dangerous fits.
First half Bohs were terrible, second half a lot better, but an extremely soft pen and a goal identical to Pats first in the cup final, Shels desarved the win but 0-2.

ger121
08/03/2024, 9:03 PM
I was seriously worried before the season started and after tonight I am even more so. The league is so competitive that a few sides will find themselves in a relegation dogfight. We are one of them.

Jd2793
08/03/2024, 9:06 PM
I was seriously worried before the season started and after tonight I am even more so. The league is so competitive that a few sides will find themselves in a relegation dogfight. We are one of them.

outside of devine (i think he'll be gone soon) do you think the squad is poor enough to be sucked into something with sligo/drogs/promoted 2? i agree its very competitive had drogs down as a cert to be at least in the playoffs with the players they lost. other spot was up for grabs.

ger121
08/03/2024, 9:06 PM

And yet you still mention them in your post for some reason. When someone or something is truly irrelevant to you, you don’t even think about them/it, never mind writing about it.

ger121
08/03/2024, 9:10 PM
outside of devine (i think he'll be gone soon) do you think the squad is poor enough to be sucked into something with sligo/drogs/promoted 2? i agree its very competitive had drogs down as a cert to be at least in the playoffs with the players they lost. other spot was up for grabs.

I do yeah. Devine for me is the tip of the iceberg. Squad lacks quality and is filled with unproven players from outside of the league. Any team playing us will be licking their lips.