PDA

View Full Version : Sex It Up

padjoe
28/08/2005, 6:33 PM
lads i write a relationship column for a newspaper in the states but im starting to run out of ideas. anyone have any ideas that i can use for my own.
So far i've written about casual relationships. if your interested in seeing if im serious or not go to http://www.canyon-news.com/artman/publish/article_3402.php
any help at all would be great. be it serious or p!ss take

Green Tribe
28/08/2005, 8:44 PM
Are you Carrie from Sex and the City? :confused: :D :D

padjoe
28/08/2005, 9:51 PM
Are you Carrie from Sex and the City? :confused: :D :D

well kind of and before you ask I am no sex expert nor have I a PHD in relationships but this is a Carrie Bradshaw-esque column but without the high heels and short skirts. Well I won’t be wearing any short skirts or high heels. I am trying to write my way into a job in america and so i'm giving a male’s insight, mine, into relationships. To set the record straight, I am in no way a casanova but I do fall somewhere between those who dance desperately to the lads who pull regularly

superfrank
28/08/2005, 10:34 PM
So people in LA are just desperate for sex tips?

padjoe
28/08/2005, 10:44 PM
nope im desperate for a job. and seeing as every other outlet in the paper is taken i have to turn to this and a music column!! its the luck of the draw for me at least.

Troy.McClure
28/08/2005, 11:27 PM
Why dont you bring your irish-ness into play? Talk about the differences between the US and 'ol' catholic emerald isle'? Does the 'out of town' effect work for you?

sligoman
29/08/2005, 1:33 PM
How much do we get for contributing to it? :confused:

patsh
29/08/2005, 2:41 PM
Why don't you get some of those "the difference between men and women" emails, and turn them into a column?
Americans don't seem to get irony, so they may think you're giving some deep, psychological insights!

Cosmo
29/08/2005, 2:56 PM
lads i write a relationship column for a newspaper in the states but im starting to run out of ideas. anyone have any ideas that i can use for my own.
So far i've written about casual relationships. if your interested in seeing if im serious or not go to http://www.canyon-news.com/artman/publish/article_3402.php
any help at all would be great. be it serious or p!ss take

On this subject, I presume alot of blokes on here get accused of 'bottling things up' by their birds :p ?

Thankfully I dont have a girlfriend (who'd put up with me :) ) but was having a conversation today with some doll ive been with a few times and she accused me of 'bottling things up'!

Like what the f**k is that about? Just cos I dont want to talk about gay stuff like describing her in one word earlier on today, like what kind of f**king question is that to ask a bloke and she's now said i bottle things up cos i couldnt describe her in one word? (truthfully I should have said 'annoying' :rolleyes: ).

Any suggestions on what I should say to make it look like im one of these new age guys that can bluff about their feelings (like I can talk about my feelings but that would get me in trouble eg the 'annoying' description :D )

padjoe
29/08/2005, 10:55 PM
How much do we get for contributing to it? :confused:

you can come stay with me in my beverley hills apartment any time your in america deal?

sligoman
29/08/2005, 11:15 PM
you can come stay with me in my beverley hills apartment any time your in america deal?:eek:, I'd have to meet ya first :D.

padjoe
29/08/2005, 11:21 PM
:eek:, I'd have to meet ya first :D.

er not a bother chief!this time next year i'l be a millionaire

Fair_play_boy
29/08/2005, 11:38 PM
What about writing about the growing equality in social and emotional roles in the home, and how these get skewed when she gets a higher paying job, or he must quit his job when head office moves her to another city?
Or, the psychology of the raised toilet seat, and 1001 other things that annoy her?
Or the phenomenon of the Totty Watch thread on this message board? :D

padjoe
29/08/2005, 11:50 PM
What about writing about the growing equality in social and emotional roles in the home, and how these get skewed when she gets a higher paying job, or he must quit his job when head office moves her to another city?
Or, the psychology of the raised toilet seat, and 1001 other things that annoy her?

about time. finally something constructive and something i can use. i got helpabove but this helps keep the ideas coming. aido b if your out there this is your area of expertise, so ive heard

Green Tribe
30/08/2005, 6:21 PM

you're just jealous FPB about our totty thread!!! ;) :D

Green Tribe
30/08/2005, 6:23 PM
Thankfully I dont have a girlfriend (who'd put up with me :) ) but was having a conversation today with some doll ive been with a few times and she accused me of 'bottling things up'!

)

is that the one you've been riding for half a century?? :confused: :D ;)

paul_oshea
31/08/2005, 9:27 AM
is that the one you've been riding for half a century??

fair play kt, ye gotta love it, subtle as ever :D

aido_b
31/08/2005, 9:44 AM
about time. finally something constructive and something i can use. i got helpabove but this helps keep the ideas coming. aido b if your out there this is your area of expertise, so ive heard

PJ how the hell are ya? sorry for not replying earlier was away for a while, looks like you're a genuine Carrie Bradshaw there buddy!

Just look back on all the fun and frolics in college last year and write about them! :D

I've just realised why ya texted me asking my opinion on casual relationships as well! here was me thinking there was trouble in paradise!

Green Tribe
31/08/2005, 6:56 PM
fair play kt, ye gotta love it, subtle as ever :D

:D subtle is my middle name! cosmo is mental, he can take a slagging :D

CollegeTillIDie
31/08/2005, 7:37 PM
er not a bother chief!this time next year i'l be a millionaire

Well Pal we are all millionaires..... in Romanian Lei terms anyhow :D

Cosmo
01/09/2005, 8:28 AM
:D subtle is my middle name! cosmo is mental, he can take a slagging :D

Sorry, didnt see this yesterday.

No its a different one, but the one that I was riding for 'half a century' as KT puts it :D (even though im only 23) got me out of it by saying to use the word 'fun' and it worked a treat :) !!

So there's a tip for ye fellas if a doll asks ye to describe her in one word and ye want to keep all your options open use the word 'fun' ;) !!

Green Tribe
01/09/2005, 5:41 PM
Sorry, didnt see this yesterday.

No its a different one, but the one that I was riding for 'half a century' as KT puts it :D (even though im only 23) got me out of it by saying to use the word 'fun' and it worked a treat :) !!

So there's a tip for ye fellas if a doll asks ye to describe her in one word and ye want to keep all your options open use the word 'fun' ;) !!

The infamous words of Knight Rider Cosmo! :D