PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere in The Showgrounds/new players needed

The Stars
27/08/2005, 11:45 PM
One of the best matches ever....the place was buzzing and even the new stand was singing.....fare play to gerry carr for getting the crowd going. Well done Paul Mc Teirnan for coming over to us behind the goal after the match, meant a lot to the fans.Hoping for a good crowd for the next league match. Also the preformance of Nam the Man added to the atmosphere,well done to whoever got him in tonight.

sligoman
28/08/2005, 12:00 AM
Also the preformance of Nam the Man added to the atmosphere,well done to whoever got him in tonight.Well he's from Sligo(Cartron) so he did it for the locals I suppose ;)

redman
28/08/2005, 12:40 AM
Hats off to the St. Pat's fans. They certainly created one hell of a noise for their numbers and more than contributed to the atmosphere.

The flares are always impressive eventhough they run the risk of having no hands by the end of the game.

Dodge
28/08/2005, 1:04 AM
Best of luck lads. hope you get promoted.

1 9 2 8
28/08/2005, 1:24 AM
Best of luck lads. hope you get promoted.
Thanks. I thought the Pats fans were very good tonight (real football fans) we gave each other a bit of abuse during the game but it was only for 90 minutes. Meet a few before and after the game had a few drinks good craic it's what the eL is all about

d rovers
28/08/2005, 8:22 AM
st. pats fans have always been a decent bunch, & last night was no exception. it was great to hear the showgrounds in full voice in the second half. singing in the main stand, whatever next! great result, great performance. good work by the club getting nam the man in, he was excellent. all in all, a great night for the club & the fans.

Da Real Rover
28/08/2005, 9:05 AM
The atmosphere was like a cup final, the whole ground was buzzin.

Rory H
28/08/2005, 11:31 AM
it was special...no doubt about it

when mct came to us behind the goal at the end it summed it up, we went even more mental!!

singing in the stand.....i await hell to freeze over!!

gustavo
28/08/2005, 3:37 PM
did raf not come over to ye first?

1 9 2 8
28/08/2005, 3:53 PM
They guy who was doing all the tricks with the football before and at half time I think

sligoman
28/08/2005, 3:54 PM
Who or what is NAM the MAN ?
This (http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=24435) is Nam the Man ;)

gustavo
28/08/2005, 7:52 PM
i spotted tom the gom at the game too :)

The Stars
28/08/2005, 8:41 PM
did raf not come over to ye first?
No mc t came over right after the final whistle.
Then Raf walked to about the edge of the box and started bowing to us(the fans)...fair play to the pair of them.

showgies
29/08/2005, 3:31 PM
There is not a lot more to add to this thread only that well done to all in the Main Stand.........I only hope this can continue. The Monaghan game should be interesting. This time though lets not wait until Rovers score, lets do it from the start.

Also, I noticed that the PA have got themselves a few new tunes, the We Will Rock You beat and You'll Never Walk Alone. But, they need to find the best slots to play these.........it all adds to the atmosphere.................

Roll on Monaghan.................

gustavo
29/08/2005, 3:36 PM
im not 100 percent but i think the we will rock you beat was for nam the man

wws
29/08/2005, 4:05 PM
a premier ground and a premier club IMO
sligo would be more than welcome in the premier
dont let that result fool you though we are absolute sludge at the minute and you'll need to strengthen to compete week in week out in the Premier

gustavo
29/08/2005, 4:12 PM
if we do get in the prem and i know its a big if!
i think we would need a left winger and a striker
for the first team that is and also cover in centre back

sligoman
29/08/2005, 4:21 PM
if we do get in the prem and i know its a big if!
i think we would need a left winger and a striker
for the first team that is and also cover in centre backAnother quality keeper as back up for O'Hara. And also someone to partner O'Grady in centre midfield

gustavo
29/08/2005, 4:26 PM
ah i think alvin is adequate back up even for the prem
i suppose ur right about cm for conor
actually a right back too wouldnt go amiss

The Stars
29/08/2005, 5:01 PM
ah i think alvin is adequate back up even for the prem
i suppose ur right about cm for conor
actually a right back too wouldnt go amiss
We already have Raf,the best right back in the country.Forget about using him in midfield,his best preformances are when he is right back.
Agree about Alvin aswell.

Red4Eva
29/08/2005, 11:20 PM
get heffo back for left midfield. put raf back where he can do real damage at right midfield. move faz into the centre. need a right back&back up for centre back&centre midfield then

showgies
30/08/2005, 8:18 AM
OHara
Cretaro
Burns
McNamara (possibly)
Low (possibly)
Faz
Foley (possibly, but only in the middle of the park)
OGrady
McTiernan
Flannery (if he maintains his performance from Pats game)
Flynn (if he was ever given a chance)

are in my opinion the only current players who would hack it in the Premier.

garykelly
30/08/2005, 9:00 AM
lads, wouldnt worry about the Prem until we get there. I'd be safe in the knowledge that if Sean Connor can bring in the players he has this season, with us in the 1st division then he'll be able to bring even better players in if we get promoted to the Prem.

SRFC Head
30/08/2005, 9:42 AM
Playing in the prem Connor might be able to get a couple of loan deals out of his contacts...JJ maybe !!

sligoman
30/08/2005, 2:44 PM
Premier Quality
John O'Hara,
Liam Burns,
Michael McNamara,
Kupono Low,
Stephen O'Donnell
Ryan O'Donnell,
Rafael Cretaro,
Connor O'Grady,
Faz Kuduzovic,
Paul McTiernan,
Gary Curran.

Not fit for premier(but with a bit of work they could be)
Sean Flannery,
Alvin Rouse,
Paul Brown,
Jason McCartney,
Carlos Alvarez,
Ian Rossiter,
Tim McCann,
Ciaran Foley,
Alan Flynn,
Sean Kelly,
Steve Feeney,
Gerry Carr.

No way near Premier quality and probably never will
Philip Gallagher,
Gareth Gorman,
Christopher Kelly

gustavo
30/08/2005, 2:54 PM
Premier Quality
John O'Hara,
Liam Burns,
Michael McNamara,
Kupono Low,
Rafael Cretaro,
Connor O'Grady,
Faz Kuduzovic,
Paul McTiernan,
Sean Flannery,

Ryan O'Donnell,
Alvin Rouse,
Paul Brown,
Carlos Alvarez,
Tim McCann,
Alan Flynn,
Sean Kelly,
Steve Feeney,
Gary Curran.

Philip Gallagher,
Gareth Gorman,
Christopher Kelly
Ciaran Foley
Jason McCartney,
Ian Rossiter,
Gerry Carr.

sligoman
30/08/2005, 3:41 PM
McNamara (better at gaelic) :pDont be jealous ;)

Curran and McDonnell are prospect players they would be out of there depth in the premier,It's O'Donnell and which one are you talking about? :confused:. There's two!

Redzer
30/08/2005, 3:52 PM
Sligo better get in the premier this season because if what i was told was true about how much your paying O'Grady etc you'll be in trouble if you dont go up :eek:
Dont believe all you hear about us. You should read your own forum, cos ye are paying out 10K a week to a shower who cant even compete in the 1st Div, never mind get out of it. :D

SRFC Head
30/08/2005, 3:57 PM
Sligoman Gerry Carr fit for Prem with a little work.. are you serious... fit for the knackers yard.

akearins
30/08/2005, 4:16 PM
Pat Purcell and Heffernan from Waterford would be good additions.
Maybe try for loan players such as Alan Cawley, Bobby Ryan (Shels) Alan Murphy(Derry) with a view of signing later.....

sligoman
30/08/2005, 4:16 PM
Sligoman Gerry Carr fit for Prem with a little work.. are you serious... fit for the knackers yard.Yes, I am. Obviously he wouldn't be able to play every game as he wouldn't be able for it and also with the players we have at the moment I dont think he'd get into the team unless there were serious injuries to our centre backs but apart from that, he is able to step in every now and again to help out. He also has a lot of experience which would help the team against the Premier clubs. :)

sligoman
30/08/2005, 4:17 PM
Pat Purcell and Heffernan from Waterford would be good additions.
Maybe try for loan players such as Alan Cawley, Bobby Ryan (Shels) Alan Murphy(Derry) with a view of signing later.....Dont know if we'd get Ryan or Murphy. Aren't they playing regulary for their clubs? :confused:

akearins
30/08/2005, 4:19 PM
Dont know if we'd get Ryan or Murphy. Aren't they playing regulary for their clubs? :confused:

No Ryan was complaining about lack of games and a reserve got in ahead of hima few weks back, Murphy did play in d cup buts that about it so far this season, unless he has been injured?

Da Real Rover
30/08/2005, 6:10 PM
Sligoman Gerry Carr fit for Prem with a little work.. are you serious... fit for the knackers yard.
On sheer quality, no but dont forget the presence and influence he brings to Rovers, he stabalises the team and makes sure the rest of the team dont get fu[ked around by the opposition.

Red4Eva
30/08/2005, 6:44 PM
No Ryan was complaining about lack of games and a reserve got in ahead of hima few weks back, Murphy did play in d cup buts that about it so far this season, unless he has been injured?

ya ginger's been injured for the majority of the season. he started really well this year getting a few great goals. he's playin in midfield or striker this yr so i can't imagine a quality versatile player/cocky wankker been let go

Red4Eva
30/08/2005, 6:53 PM
Premier Quality
John O'Hara,
Liam Burns,
Michael McNamara,
Kupono Low,
Ryan O'Donnell,
Rafael Cretaro,
Connor O'Grady,
Faz Kuduzovic,
Paul McTiernan,
Paul Brown,
Sean Flannery
Tim McCann,

Alvin Rouse,
Jason McCartney,
Carlos Alvarez,
Ian Rossiter,
Ciaran Foley,
Sean Kelly,
Steve Feeney(wud be good enuff if speed is legalised)

Philip Gallagher,
Gareth Gorman,
Alan Flynn,
Gerry Carr.

Rovers1
30/08/2005, 6:55 PM
still not convinced by McCann,but maybe with time

Redtop
30/08/2005, 9:04 PM
imo mc carthney and curran would be quality in the premier if they beefed up a bit, the are very good footballers.. aren't that great against the hoofers in the 1st div but thats only because they wouldnt be able to handle a bit of a kickin yet ;)

betty swollox
31/08/2005, 7:42 PM
OHara
Cretaro
Burns
McNamara (possibly)
Low (possibly)
Faz
Foley (possibly, but only in the middle of the park)
OGrady
McTiernan
Flannery (if he maintains his performance from Pats game)
Flynn (if he was ever given a chance)

are in my opinion the only current players who would hack it in the Premier.

flynn?either you are alan flynn or your having a laugh,an inadaquate player left over from the days of don, hes not fit for the sligo letrim super league