PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda

De Town
29/07/2005, 10:11 PM
Time for everyone to stand up and be counted, players, manager and fans. This is probably one of the most important games EVER for us, after yesterdays fcuk up. We must put in a performance because we certainly didn't do that in Wales. I'm 99% certain of going to it myself and I urge every Town fan on here to try and make it if you can, to show the lads that we still support them. There is no point in looking back, whats done is done, look to the future and wash that nightmare out of our minds.

C'Mon De Town :)

Dyl10
29/07/2005, 10:14 PM
Its says on official Drogheda that Keegan and Fahey are registered to play on sunday. Having two paul Keegans on the pitch should be funny :D

De Town
29/07/2005, 10:16 PM
Its says on official Drogheda that Keegan and Fahey are registered to play on sunday. Having two paul Keegans on the pitch should be funny :D
Yeah, hilarious, just like when we play Derry and there is 2 Alan Murphy's on the pitch, everyone is rolling around laughing :rolleyes: :p

Dyl10
29/07/2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah, hilarious, just like when we play Derry and there is 2 Alan Murphy's on the pitch, everyone is rolling around laughing :rolleyes: :p

I would be :D

Bosco
29/07/2005, 10:23 PM

Not really,you must have a twisted sense of humour de town :confused: ;)

De Town
29/07/2005, 10:26 PM
Not really,you must have a twisted sense of humour de town :confused: ;)
:D :D

Flea
30/07/2005, 12:05 AM
Time for everyone to stand up and be counted, players, manager and fans. This is probably one of the most important games EVER for us, after yesterdays fcuk up. We must put in a performance because we certainly didn't do that in Wales. I'm 99% certain of going to it myself and I urge every Town fan on here to try and make it if you can, to show the lads that we still support them. There is no point in looking back, whats done is done, look to the future and wash that nightmare out of our minds.

No the fans don't have to stand up for anything. And why on earth would you go to Drogheda to show 'the lads that we still support them'. I don't support them at all, they are gutless and I want to see a clearout of the squad soon. This is the worst result possibly ever for the club and yet people still have the need to take it on the chin and say well done lads better luck next time. Well no more. Its just not good enough this time, it won't do. Its a disgrace. The club is a laughing stock and the pieces are being picked up by the fans not the players. Enough is enough. No more support, do something more than humilate the club in Europe. Sure it'll be all rosy again when they win the cup again...

De Town
30/07/2005, 10:13 AM
You my friend, are an idiot.

No the fans don't have to stand up for anything.
The "fans" i'm talking about are the ones who booed us off the field the other night.

And why on earth would you go to Drogheda to show 'the lads that we still support them'. I don't support them at all, they are gutless and I want to see a clearout of the squad soon.
Well don't support them. You be that way. Rats are the first to leave a sinking ship :mad:

This is the worst result possibly ever for the club and yet people still have the need to take it on the chin and say well done lads better luck next time.
It was a terrible result, an embarrassment, but, there is no point looking back, look to the future.

Dyl10
30/07/2005, 12:38 PM
It was a terrible result, an embarrassment, but, there is no point looking back, look to the future.

It was a terrible result but in fairness yous have done as much as cork have for the coefficent ;)

Sonic
30/07/2005, 1:20 PM
The "fans" i'm talking about are the ones who booed us off the field the other night.

DETOWN you are talking s*it. The fans who actually clapped Longford Town as they came off the pitch disgraced their country and their league as much as the team on the pitch. You dont seem to realise the expense fans went to to pay up for such a trip some for maybe a year to see them gutless bunch of w@ankers show themselves up for what they are a money grabbing bunch of b@stards and im including king Alan in along with them....

Flea
30/07/2005, 2:03 PM

You my friend are a doormat for the team. Can you not think for yourself?, if one of the players told you to jump in the fire you would. Im not slagging you just don't be licking the asses of that 'lot'. Some players aside do give a crap like Kirby and Prunty. Even though the 'ship' is 'sinking' as you claim, 99% of people will be gone if it sinks, mind you I'll be still there and I'd probably enjoy the smaller games anyway than the ones at the moment. That 'lot' remember is not just after costing the club its pride (which will be restored after a while so what are you crying about it anyway?), but massively financially putting huge pressure on the background staff. The players shall collect their money the same. Im not putting the boot in at all, everyone knows how bad the loss was, but don't take it on the chin and don't be defending the indefenceable i.e. the players and to a lesser extent the manager. Imagine we'd be playing FC Copenhagen in the next round with a trip to the Carlsberg brewery.

De Town
30/07/2005, 2:08 PM
DETOWN you are talking s*it. The fans who actually clapped Longford Town as they came off the pitch disgraced their country and their league as much as the team on the pitch.
Are you deaf? Did you not hear the people up the back of the stand who booed the team off?

You dont seem to realise the expense fans went to to pay up for such a trip
I do, I was there myself :rolleyes:

some for maybe a year to see them gutless bunch of w@ankers show themselves up for what they are a money grabbing bunch of b@stards and im including king Alan in along with them....
So you think the players tried to lose and that they just went out so they could collect their wages at the end of the week?

De Town
30/07/2005, 2:13 PM
Can you not think for yourself?
Yes I can, thank you for asking

if one of the players told you to jump in the fire you would.
No.

Im not slagging you just don't be licking the asses of that 'lot'.
How am I "licking their asses"? Yes we fcuked up, no question about it, but there is no point in looking back, and think about what we did.

Even though the 'ship' is 'sinking' as you claim, 99% of people will be gone if it sinks
True.

mind you I'll be still there and I'd probably enjoy the smaller games anyway than the ones at the moment.
Why :confused: Why the fcuk would you enjoy the smaller games?

but don't take it on the chin and don't be defending the indefenceable i.e. the players and to a lesser extent the manager.
I'm not taking it on the chin, I'm saying that while it was a disgrace, there is no point in thinking about it now, we cant change what has happened.

Flea
30/07/2005, 2:16 PM
Why :confused: Why the fcuk would you enjoy the smaller games?

I'm not taking it on the chin, I'm saying that while it was a disgrace, there is no point in thinking about it now, we cant change what has happened.

1. The players we'd have would give a balls
2. True there is no point mulling over it, it can't be changed now but you said lets 'show all the lads we still support them?'-> why? :confused: Are you applying for martyrdom or something?

Sonic
30/07/2005, 2:18 PM
So what if they booed. They paid 300 euro plus spending money to support a bunch of losers make a fool out of themselves. Thy were more than entitled to be disgusted. I cringed with embarrasement at the final whistle but i was feeling way worse wen im saw the other fans clap them off the field.

So you think the players tried to lose and that they just went out so they could collect their wages at the end of the week?

By the way they performed on the field the players looked like they did not give a fcuk and yes they will get paid the same money at the end of the week.

De Town
30/07/2005, 2:25 PM
1. The players we'd have would give a balls
The players we have do "give a balls". One terrible perforance all year, its just a pity it happened in such an important game.

2. True there is no point mulling over it, it can't be changed now but you said lets 'show all the lads we still support them?'-> why? :confused:
Because I do still support them. You dont have to if you dont want to, I dont care TBH, but I'm sure there are other people who will understand that it was hopefully just one fcuk up.

De Town
30/07/2005, 2:28 PM
So what if they booed. They paid 300 euro plus spending money to support a bunch of losers make a fool out of themselves. Thy were more than entitled to be disgusted. I cringed with embarrasement at the final whistle but i was feeling way worse wen im saw the other fans clap them off the field.
They fcuked up, Yes, but that was a one in a million perforance. They will hopefully never play like that again. But booing them off for one bad performance was a disgrace IMHO.

Sonic
30/07/2005, 3:22 PM
Its not so much the loss but the manner in which we lost that gets on my tits.I dont think DETOWN you realise how much money people spent to finance the journey to newtown. People have been saving for a yr and the players put out a performance like that. This is definetly the darkest moment since the town have been promoted to that there is no doubt....

Xlex
30/07/2005, 7:03 PM
a trip to Wales harly breaks banks, some perspective there Sonic..... Hardly worth it all the same. Again, I don't ever believe they are proud of it either.

Maz
31/07/2005, 4:04 PM
Well many of you there? Report?

the 12 th man
31/07/2005, 6:14 PM
not one for the scrap book this game.
the last 20 mins were about all worth discussing and you'd wonder what was going through Gartlands (who was having a good game) head when he handled on the goaline to deny a Town chance.

Town were punished very late for failing to close out a game that should have been in the bag when they invited the Drogs onto them in the last few mins and they took the invitation glAdly by equalising with almost the last kick of the game.

2 points needlessly surrendered here.

Town started:O Brien,O Conner,Dillon,Ferguson,Prunty,Kirby,Fitzgerald,Cra wley,cronin,Martin,Keegan.

Tallanted
31/07/2005, 6:47 PM
Went for a draw played for a draw should have won got a draw. Played 4-5-1 the tactics that would have seen us through in europe. Not much you can say about the game. Poor support no surprises can't blame anyone for that. Well I can but if you give out about the manager people don't like it.

Xlex
01/08/2005, 8:38 AM
well I think, in a strange kinda way, that 4-5-1 might suit us better if we get up and support the front man enough, Kirbs, Martin, Cawley all have good energy and are well able to get up there and support...! It would have got us through in europe but failing the late late sucker punch we were denied a good lift after a very poor week. Almost did it.

the 12 th man
01/08/2005, 10:30 AM
, Cawley all have good energy and are well able to get up there and support...

a great signing imho :)

fosterdollar
02/08/2005, 8:58 AM
A good effort was put in on sunday. Even Baker looked like he was trying to prove something when he came on. Our lack of striking prowess was stering us in the face again. Brought a neutral along with me and his thoughts were that we deserved the reputation we have for our defensive abilities but could not understand how it seemed that Keego was left all on his own by the rest of the team.

I thought Kirby wasn't used half enough (apart from the few times he was allowed the chance up the wing in the first half ... and did quite well). Keegan never had the chance to 'try' to look dangerous until we put the pressure on in the last 15mins or so. Pressure that only came when we had them down to ten men. Agree about Cawley being a good signing. He had a nervy start but settled in well and his confidence soared. Baz gave some terrible passes in the danger zone. Deano played well and was solid in MF. O connor was the best in the back four with Dillo doing the job also.

Sonic
02/08/2005, 4:03 PM
a funny thing to come out of last sundays game. Matthews goes out on the media and says how proud he is of the performance of the lads in bouncing back after the carmarthen game. Aftetr conceding a goal in the 93rd minute against 10 men he calls that bouncing back. he is a JOKE OF A MANAGER.!!!!!Matthews Out. :mad:

Flea
02/08/2005, 5:10 PM
YOU are the one who is gutless. YOU are a fair-weather, knee-jerk , Johnny-come-lately supporter. We don't need or want your type around, so sling it bellend. Being a TRUE Longford Town supporter means being there through thick and thin - not just on cup final days. Thick and thin - are you listening - even (fingers crossed) if we go down to the nether regions of Div. 1 or have to apply for re-election.
We can do without your lack of support. The club is NOT a laughing stock. We are a fine club - a shining example to other clubs in the el who try to emulate our successes and structures. Good riddance to you - but I expect to see your Lundy face when we lift the cup again in November.

You won't be there if we're relegated ever, nor have you helped in making the club what it is today. You are meaningless and always will be til 'we' lift 'the cup again in November'. You're only purpose in life is to harry and harass those of superior being and differing opinions. Crawl back to the hole you came from (pre promotion days) you schmuck. :D

Xlex
03/08/2005, 10:48 AM
Ah, for christ's sake... Will posters please think before they type.

Wiseguy
03/08/2005, 3:57 PM
This place has turned into a bitch fest.We lost in Wales and it was a terrible result,end of...Anyone who stops supporting the team after that is a fair weather idiot and that's it.All teams in all sports lose sometimes and have disasters sometimes but the fans stick by them.Fools are coming here and posting crap about one result.Everyone is annoyed about it but will get over it.This club has come through so much to get where it is today and people still bitch and it's the same old crap over and over......Matthews out, Barrys crap and so on.We all heard you and some of us agree with you but give it a rest.As the saying goes "if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all".I know this is a place to voice opinions but as i have said we've heard you already so move on.

Bosco
03/08/2005, 4:19 PM
Well said wiseguy

Sonic
03/08/2005, 5:10 PM
This place has turned into a bitch fest.We lost in Wales and it was a terrible result,end of...Anyone who stops supporting the team after that is a fair weather idiot and that's it.All teams in all sports lose sometimes and have disasters sometimes but the fans stick by them.Fools are coming here and posting crap about one result.Everyone is annoyed about it but will get over it.This club has come through so much to get where it is today and people still bitch and it's the same old crap over and over......Matthews out, Barrys crap and so on.We all heard you and some of us agree with you but give it a rest.As the saying goes "if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all".I know this is a place to voice opinions but as i have said we've heard you already so move on.

Maybe I should start a Matthews love in Thread so :rolleyes: