Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drogheda

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Drogheda

Time for everyone to stand up and be counted, players, manager and fans. This is probably one of the most important games EVER for us, after yesterdays fcuk up. We must put in a performance because we certainly didn't do that in Wales. I'm 99% certain of going to it myself and I urge every Town fan on here to try and make it if you can, to show the lads that we still support them. There is no point in looking back, whats done is done, look to the future and wash that nightmare out of our minds.

C'Mon De Town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its says on official Drogheda that Keegan and Fahey are registered to play on sunday. Having two paul Keegans on the pitch should be funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyl10
    Its says on official Drogheda that Keegan and Fahey are registered to play on sunday. Having two paul Keegans on the pitch should be funny
    Yeah, hilarious, just like when we play Derry and there is 2 Alan Murphy's on the pitch, everyone is rolling around laughing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    Yeah, hilarious, just like when we play Derry and there is 2 Alan Murphy's on the pitch, everyone is rolling around laughing
    I would be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Not really,you must have a twisted sense of humour de town
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    Not really,you must have a twisted sense of humour de town

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Time for everyone to stand up and be counted, players, manager and fans. This is probably one of the most important games EVER for us, after yesterdays fcuk up. We must put in a performance because we certainly didn't do that in Wales. I'm 99% certain of going to it myself and I urge every Town fan on here to try and make it if you can, to show the lads that we still support them. There is no point in looking back, whats done is done, look to the future and wash that nightmare out of our minds.

C'Mon De Town
    No the fans don't have to stand up for anything. And why on earth would you go to Drogheda to show 'the lads that we still support them'. I don't support them at all, they are gutless and I want to see a clearout of the squad soon. This is the worst result possibly ever for the club and yet people still have the need to take it on the chin and say well done lads better luck next time. Well no more. Its just not good enough this time, it won't do. Its a disgrace. The club is a laughing stock and the pieces are being picked up by the fans not the players. Enough is enough. No more support, do something more than humilate the club in Europe. Sure it'll be all rosy again when they win the cup again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    You my friend, are an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    No the fans don't have to stand up for anything.
    The "fans" i'm talking about are the ones who booed us off the field the other night.
    And why on earth would you go to Drogheda to show 'the lads that we still support them'. I don't support them at all, they are gutless and I want to see a clearout of the squad soon.
    Well don't support them. You be that way. Rats are the first to leave a sinking ship
    This is the worst result possibly ever for the club and yet people still have the need to take it on the chin and say well done lads better luck next time.
    It was a terrible result, an embarrassment, but, there is no point looking back, look to the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It was a terrible result, an embarrassment, but, there is no point looking back, look to the future.
    It was a terrible result but in fairness yous have done as much as cork have for the coefficent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The "fans" i'm talking about are the ones who booed us off the field the other night.
    DETOWN you are talking s*it. The fans who actually clapped Longford Town as they came off the pitch disgraced their country and their league as much as the team on the pitch. You dont seem to realise the expense fans went to to pay up for such a trip some for maybe a year to see them gutless bunch of w@ankers show themselves up for what they are a money grabbing bunch of b@stards and im including king Alan in along with them....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

C'Mon De Town
    You my friend are a doormat for the team. Can you not think for yourself?, if one of the players told you to jump in the fire you would. Im not slagging you just don't be licking the asses of that 'lot'. Some players aside do give a crap like Kirby and Prunty. Even though the 'ship' is 'sinking' as you claim, 99% of people will be gone if it sinks, mind you I'll be still there and I'd probably enjoy the smaller games anyway than the ones at the moment. That 'lot' remember is not just after costing the club its pride (which will be restored after a while so what are you crying about it anyway?), but massively financially putting huge pressure on the background staff. The players shall collect their money the same. Im not putting the boot in at all, everyone knows how bad the loss was, but don't take it on the chin and don't be defending the indefenceable i.e. the players and to a lesser extent the manager. Imagine we'd be playing FC Copenhagen in the next round with a trip to the Carlsberg brewery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    DETOWN you are talking s*it. The fans who actually clapped Longford Town as they came off the pitch disgraced their country and their league as much as the team on the pitch.
    Are you deaf? Did you not hear the people up the back of the stand who booed the team off?
    You dont seem to realise the expense fans went to to pay up for such a trip
    I do, I was there myself
    some for maybe a year to see them gutless bunch of w@ankers show themselves up for what they are a money grabbing bunch of b@stards and im including king Alan in along with them....
    So you think the players tried to lose and that they just went out so they could collect their wages at the end of the week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Can you not think for yourself?
    Yes I can, thank you for asking
    if one of the players told you to jump in the fire you would.
    No.
    Im not slagging you just don't be licking the asses of that 'lot'.
    How am I "licking their asses"? Yes we fcuked up, no question about it, but there is no point in looking back, and think about what we did.
    Even though the 'ship' is 'sinking' as you claim, 99% of people will be gone if it sinks
    True.
    mind you I'll be still there and I'd probably enjoy the smaller games anyway than the ones at the moment.
    Why Why the fcuk would you enjoy the smaller games?
    but don't take it on the chin and don't be defending the indefenceable i.e. the players and to a lesser extent the manager.
    I'm not taking it on the chin, I'm saying that while it was a disgrace, there is no point in thinking about it now, we cant change what has happened.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why Why the fcuk would you enjoy the smaller games?

I'm not taking it on the chin, I'm saying that while it was a disgrace, there is no point in thinking about it now, we cant change what has happened.
    1. The players we'd have would give a balls
    2. True there is no point mulling over it, it can't be changed now but you said lets 'show all the lads we still support them?'-> why? Are you applying for martyrdom or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So what if they booed. They paid 300 euro plus spending money to support a bunch of losers make a fool out of themselves. Thy were more than entitled to be disgusted. I cringed with embarrasement at the final whistle but i was feeling way worse wen im saw the other fans clap them off the field.

So you think the players tried to lose and that they just went out so they could collect their wages at the end of the week?
    By the way they performed on the field the players looked like they did not give a fcuk and yes they will get paid the same money at the end of the week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    1. The players we'd have would give a balls
    The players we have do "give a balls". One terrible perforance all year, its just a pity it happened in such an important game.
    2. True there is no point mulling over it, it can't be changed now but you said lets 'show all the lads we still support them?'-> why?
    Because I do still support them. You dont have to if you dont want to, I dont care TBH, but I'm sure there are other people who will understand that it was hopefully just one fcuk up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    So what if they booed. They paid 300 euro plus spending money to support a bunch of losers make a fool out of themselves. Thy were more than entitled to be disgusted. I cringed with embarrasement at the final whistle but i was feeling way worse wen im saw the other fans clap them off the field.
    They fcuked up, Yes, but that was a one in a million perforance. They will hopefully never play like that again. But booing them off for one bad performance was a disgrace IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its not so much the loss but the manner in which we lost that gets on my tits.I dont think DETOWN you realise how much money people spent to finance the journey to newtown. People have been saving for a yr and the players put out a performance like that. This is definetly the darkest moment since the town have been promoted to that there is no doubt....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a trip to Wales harly breaks banks, some perspective there Sonic..... Hardly worth it all the same. Again, I don't ever believe they are proud of it either.
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1-1

Well many of you there? Report?
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast