PDA

View Full Version : What Eircom League Person do you hate the Most?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Copa Mundial
19/06/2005, 11:22 PM
:ball: People within the league who dont do enough to promote the league.

Whingy supporters.

Hate isnt the word i would use to describe my feelings towards the above.Irritate would be more like it

RedX
20/06/2005, 12:22 AM
Pat Fenlon
Richie Baker
Olly Byrne
David Crawley
Dave Rodgers..ah lets forget naming them all....Shelbourne FC... :D

Oh and Waterford are an extremely close 2nd... ;)

LukeO
20/06/2005, 6:18 AM
Pat Fenlon (whingy ****)
Dave Rogers (scumbag... started on 16 y/o after Bohs match)
Tony O'Dowd
Roddy Collins (only because he went to Rovers... don't really mind him otherwise)
Paul Doolin
Glen Crowe (Have a guess)
Colin Hawkins (I was actually glad he was taken off our hands after he single handedly caused our exit from Europe last year. He's a total useless over rated ******)
Bobby Ryan (Again, I was glad he was taken off our hands, Harkin is twice the player he'll ever be)
Paul McKeon, Anthony Buttimer, Stokes, Jim O'Neill...
Alan Reynolds
Eamonn Collins
Robbie Doyle (sorry... but he's a ******)
Simon Webb (good player, but a total tosser)
Pat Devlin
Jason Byrne (and his wife)

Funnily enough, I actually quite like Ollie and Dolan :eek:

Clones Road Cas
20/06/2005, 8:18 AM
Ollie Byrne
Pat Devlin
Hugo Whoriskey

Jaime
20/06/2005, 11:30 AM
Ollie Byrne, Trevor Molloy, James Keddy.

What did James Keddy do? :confused:

Still can't get over people having a dislike for Rhona "sports bra" Daly. She's just a figure of fun. :D

aido_b
20/06/2005, 12:14 PM
Tony O Dowd and Richie Baker!

Schumi
20/06/2005, 12:46 PM
Paul Tuite
Christ, how did I forget him. Worst ref ever. :mad:

Roo69
20/06/2005, 12:50 PM
Ronan Sneery
Tarzan O Brien
Mark Herrick
Roddy Collins
Gavin Dykes
D1ck O Hanlon (ex ref)

Oily is not on the list as himself and the rest of $h€l$ are above hatred

Strange one there !

Roo69
20/06/2005, 1:34 PM
ffs 10% of Duffs deals, why would he have to take money off Bray? Bray would be a lot better off paying him, and every lad Devlin sends over went to a Bray underage team and onto the eL.

One of those things that Bray/Non-Bray fans are never going to agree on.

Just to clear a few things up.........

Devo is NOT an agent, as it is against EL rules. He advises people when they ask him for it. There is a major difference there.

Articvle from a few years ago in the Bray People:

An 18 year association with English Football Clubs came to an end this week as Pat Devlin has decided to take a break from scouting of players going across the channel.

Im no longer connected with any UK club revealed the Bray Wanderers boss who has been heavily involved with three of the biggest English clubs since the mid 1980's.

My contract with Newcastle United ran out in July of this year. It was totally amicable. At the moment, I'm happy to stay independent for the time being revealed Devlin. I've enjoyed my time being involved with Newcastle, Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool. I've met some great people and made good friends.

The Seasiders supremo has taken his own decision to take some time out. I've had a couple of offers but haven't taken any of them up. It's a change in my own personal policy. I have different thoughts on some matters. It's possible in the near future that I might go in new direction in the whole area of schoolboys and youth football.

It was back in 1985 when Devlin was approached by Liverpool, then under Bob Paisley, to become their contact in Ireland. I took up the offer because nothing was happening in the South Dublin/Wicklow area at that time.
During the next few years, he struck up a strong friendship with Merseyside and Celtic great Kenny Dalglish, a bond that stands firm to this day. I followed Kenny to Blackburn Rovers but only after taking a year out. We had some great times.

The two linked up again in July of 1997 in a much publicised fanfare at Lansdowne Road when Newcastle lifted the inaugural Carlsberg Trophy. It culminated in the birth of the Schools of Excellence in Bray, Arklow and Sallynoggin which were sponsored by the Magpies.

One of his best moments was the signing of both Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given and left winger Damien Duff to the Ewood Park based club. It was unbelievable. It was a fantastic experience for both of them and I was honoured to have been part of that.

His biggest regret however was Liverpool's decision not to take Roy Keane's current international midfield partner Mark Kinsella onto their books. Devlin was also involved at some point in Steve Staunton and Jeff Kenna's careers. I've been very involved over the years but with the change of management at St. James Park, I opted to go down another road. I'm now totally independent confirmed Devlin.

But he stressed Im still available to help anybody considering making such a move with advice, both to them and their families if needed, towards helping them make decisions which could be of benefit.

KK77
20/06/2005, 1:49 PM
Just to clear a few things up.........

Devo is NOT an agent, as it is against EL rules. He advises people when they ask him for it. There is a major difference there.

Articvle from a few years ago in the Bray People:

An 18 year association with English Football Clubs came to an end this week as Pat Devlin has decided to take a break from scouting of players going across the channel.

Im no longer connected with any UK club revealed the Bray Wanderers boss who has been heavily involved with three of the biggest English clubs since the mid 1980's.

My contract with Newcastle United ran out in July of this year. It was totally amicable. At the moment, I'm happy to stay independent for the time being revealed Devlin. I've enjoyed my time being involved with Newcastle, Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool. I've met some great people and made good friends.

The Seasiders supremo has taken his own decision to take some time out. I've had a couple of offers but haven't taken any of them up. It's a change in my own personal policy. I have different thoughts on some matters. It's possible in the near future that I might go in new direction in the whole area of schoolboys and youth football.

It was back in 1985 when Devlin was approached by Liverpool, then under Bob Paisley, to become their contact in Ireland. I took up the offer because nothing was happening in the South Dublin/Wicklow area at that time.
During the next few years, he struck up a strong friendship with Merseyside and Celtic great Kenny Dalglish, a bond that stands firm to this day. I followed Kenny to Blackburn Rovers but only after taking a year out. We had some great times.

The two linked up again in July of 1997 in a much publicised fanfare at Lansdowne Road when Newcastle lifted the inaugural Carlsberg Trophy. It culminated in the birth of the Schools of Excellence in Bray, Arklow and Sallynoggin which were sponsored by the Magpies.

One of his best moments was the signing of both Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given and left winger Damien Duff to the Ewood Park based club. It was unbelievable. It was a fantastic experience for both of them and I was honoured to have been part of that.

His biggest regret however was Liverpool's decision not to take Roy Keane's current international midfield partner Mark Kinsella onto their books. Devlin was also involved at some point in Steve Staunton and Jeff Kenna's careers. I've been very involved over the years but with the change of management at St. James Park, I opted to go down another road. I'm now totally independent confirmed Devlin.

But he stressed Im still available to help anybody considering making such a move with advice, both to them and their families if needed, towards helping them make decisions which could be of benefit.

Roo69 the article states he gave up scouting and there was never a law to stop managers being scouts sure he was a scout since 1986 so no law broke at law. You say he is an advisor correct you are but just to bring you up to speed by being down as an advisor it covers him legally from being called an agent also quick question how did he get near £850,000 sterling out of the Duff deal to Chelsea? No matter what way you look at it he's an agent.

Clones Road Cas
20/06/2005, 2:15 PM
In fairness i have no problem with scouts My dislike of Devo comes from some rather unkind remarks he made about Monaghan not deserving to be in the same league as Bray. He was less than charitable about the club. Those Bray fans who were at CHP last season will also know that he was completely off the mark.

De Town
20/06/2005, 2:18 PM
In fairness i have no problem with scouts My dislike of Devo comes from some rather unkind remarks he made about Monaghan not deserving to be in the same league as Bray. He was less than charitable about the club. Those Bray fans who were at CHP last season will also know that he was completely off the mark.
I presume your talking about the setup at CHP. You can have all the setup you want but still be shíte on the pitch. Monaghan fans always seem to go back to how good their setup is, but very rarely talk about how crap they are on the pitch.

Milosovici
20/06/2005, 3:13 PM
I don't know what his name is, but my hate figure is the person who makes a complete arse of the fixture list every year. He still hasn't copped that Irish teams play European football. Pure gob****e.

dfx-
20/06/2005, 7:18 PM
I could be here all night with this one... :D

Right.
Pat Fenlon. - Sums up Shels' arrogance that runs through the club.
Paul McKeon. - He should never be let ref another Rovers match.
Jason Byrne. - He just tries too hard to show off
Jimmy O'Neill. - See McKeon :D
Dick O'Hanlon - See above.
John Caulfield. - He couldn't stop harming Rovers. :rolleyes:
Liam Coyle. - See above. :D

I could go on.....and on and on and on.. :eek:

superfrank
20/06/2005, 8:30 PM
Just something I'd like to know....

An 18 year association with English Football Clubs came to an end this week.....

It was back in 1985 when Devlin was approached by Liverpool, then under Bob Paisley, to become their contact in Ireland.

His biggest regret however was Liverpool's decision not to take Roy Keane's current international midfield partner Mark Kinsella onto their books.
How old is that interview? I can't remember Kinsella playing for the past year, at least.

finnharpsinluto
20/06/2005, 9:09 PM
Ronan Sneery
Tarzan O Brien
Mark Herrick
Roddy Collins
Gavin Dykes
D1ck O Hanlon (ex ref)

Oily is not on the list as himself and the rest of $h€l$ are above hatred

You forgot Alan Kelly

Maz
20/06/2005, 10:06 PM
Im kinda surprised our own Barry Ferguson hasnt got as many mentions as some!
*I've just reminded people about him*

Slash/ED
20/06/2005, 10:16 PM
I don't like Barry Fergusson only because I think he's a complete long ball merchant, Longford are painful to watch at times despite having a good footballing side and it's mainly down to him from the bits I've seen of Longford.

De Town
20/06/2005, 10:22 PM
I don't like Barry Fergusson only because I think he's a complete long ball merchant, Longford are painful to watch at times despite having a good footballing side and it's mainly down to him from the bits I've seen of Longford.
I hate the site of seeing Barry Ferguson playing for LTFC. Paiso and Dillo are the best combination we have.

Maz
20/06/2005, 10:23 PM
I was talkin more about people thinking he is a dirty player a bully etc. I, myself think he is just an aggressive defender ;)

robbieos88
20/06/2005, 10:55 PM
1) Oilly Byrne
2) Jason Byrne
3) Alan Reynolds

NY Hoop
21/06/2005, 12:29 PM
Was taken off the only time he came back to the Cross when he was with Rovers because he was so intimidated out by the crowd.
That little scmbag can give it, but he sure cannot take it....[/QUOTE]

Absolute rubbish. More like he was on a yellow, playing badly or had taken a knock.

Besides he trained with us yesterday so welcome back Rennie. Exactly the midfielder we need. Hard tackling and good passer.

Wouldnt say he thrives on abuse but it only spurs him IMO and if it annoys the whinging carkies I'm all for it :D

Anyway after what oily did friday there can be no question he is the biggest scum ever. Attacking someone from behind. What a coward. If you cant drive a taxi with a criminal record why should you run a football club?

KOH

jimhacker
21/06/2005, 1:29 PM
Absolutely amazing how few Cork City names came up here.

Top of the league and popular.!!! How bad!!!

dfx-
21/06/2005, 10:59 PM
No no no no... :rolleyes:

Top of the league yet still largely ignored is what you meant to type....

;)

sligoman
21/06/2005, 11:10 PM
Pat Scully without a doubt. ****ing ******* :mad:

Conor H
21/06/2005, 11:45 PM
I can't stand him either.He talks so much ##### no wonder kilkenny are BOTTOM!

BrayZil
22/06/2005, 8:39 AM
I really really hate:

1) Paul Keegan
2) Aidan O Regan
3) John Feighery
4) Roddy Collins
5) Robbie Doyle
6) Rhona Daly

patsh
22/06/2005, 11:40 AM
Was taken off the only time he came back to the Cross when he was with Rovers because he was so intimidated out by the crowd.
That little scmbag can give it, but he sure cannot take it....

Absolute rubbish. More like he was on a yellow, playing badly or had taken a knock.

Tripe, he bottled it, just like all cowardly scumbags.

Don't be guessing about what happens at games you don't attend...;)

Neish
22/06/2005, 11:41 AM
1. Roddy Collins (The guy is just a toss pot)
2. Alan Reynolds (Always thought he was a bit of a cu*t then he hit Breen)
3. Olliy Byrne (See No 1 above)
4 Gavin Dykes(The less siad the better)
5. Tarzan O'Brein (Always seems to score aginst Harps, and will never forgive him for cheating us of the Cup in 99, he as about 2-3 yards inside peanlty box when peanalty was taken and scored from a rebound)

Martinho II
22/06/2005, 7:45 PM
my top five tosspots are:

wally BURN

alan reynolds

shane robinson

dave rogers

bobby ryan

Conor H
22/06/2005, 9:14 PM
my top five tosspots are:

wally BURN

alan reynolds

shane robinson

dave rogers

bobby ryan

Why Bobby and not Crowe or Hawkins? :confused:

TonyD
22/06/2005, 9:23 PM
My No. 1 hate figure is Ollie Byrne, by a country mile. All the usual reasons. Honourable mentions to Eoin Heary, Dermot Keely (Can't believe no-one's mentioned him) and Alan Matthews (Don't really know why, he just annoys me for some reason) Oh, and Richie Baker. (And no, I don't hate EVERYONE associated with Shelbourne, just those few :D )

Dyl10
22/06/2005, 9:24 PM
Digger O'brian just ****es me off

A face
22/06/2005, 10:11 PM
I hate most of the spineless prícks involved with Irish football, those who have taken so much and give so little back .... Eamon Dumpy, Giles, Devlin, Givens, Liam Brady, Mark Lángerson and all those other hangers-on who crawl on their bellies !!
I hate alot of the people in the league who gets caught up in petty nit-picking shíte and damage the league in doing so. I hate Dolan from stabbing us all in the back and twisting the knife so many times there after. I hate Keely for not having enough ambition and selling the league short .... i hate all the people in the league who dont have any ambition and poision others around them. I actually hate alot of people in the leage but i contain it and hide it well. Theres loads more but i'd be here all day.

Anto McC
22/06/2005, 11:25 PM
but i contain it and hide it well.

Yeah you do a fantasic job containing and hiding,A face :D

ThatGuy
22/06/2005, 11:26 PM
Pete Mahon
Ollie Byrne

De Town
22/06/2005, 11:26 PM
Digger O'brian just ****es me off
your like the only person in the league who hates this leg-end. Why does he píss you off?

Anto McC
22/06/2005, 11:28 PM
your like the only person in the league who hates this leg-end. Why does he píss you off?

DE TOWN is right Digger is a legend.

monutdfc
22/06/2005, 11:30 PM
Dermot Keely (Can't believe no-one's mentioned him)
me, me, me, about 5 pages back!

Wiseguy
23/06/2005, 9:24 AM
Managers = Stephen Kenny & Paul Doolin.They have no respect for the opposition and appear to believe that they are better than everyone else.Damien Richardson is just a pr1ck and as much as i like Cork i would hate to see Rico behind their success.It's the same for Kenny at Derry.
I think Roddy Collins is hilarious and is digging his own grave day by day.

Players = Trevor Molloy is a cheat and a pr1ck.Shane Robinson is the same.i laugh at Reynolds because yet again he has showed his true colours by being a Judas and walking out on Waterford.The guy has achieved nothing in his career and if he concentrated more on his game on cup final day instead of trying to wind up Graham Gartland he may have something to show for his effort.

Refs = All except Alan Kelly as he is the only ref that gives Longford everything.

Fans = Most are grand but trouble seems to follow Rovers no matter where they go and it always seems to be someone elses fault.????????? :confused:
Glentoran made a huge effort to be as welcoming as possible and were a credit to the Irish League when they were in Longford.

And finally i don't like Oli Byrne for the simple reason that he is in the news way to much and mostly for the wrong reasons.

superfrank
23/06/2005, 10:27 AM
Managers = Stephen Kenny & Paul Doolin.They have no respect for the opposition and appear to believe that they are better than everyone else.
I remember Paul Doolin once accused Bray of long-ball tactics from throw-ins. I believe his exact words were: "Jaysus, they must have had about forty long throws", in that squeaky Dublin accent he has.

I didn't make the game in question, Bray 2-2 Drogheda, but my friend was telling me we only had 2 long throws the whole game. I think we scored from one though.

Personally, I quite like Paul Doolin but ever since his interview me and my friend have been slagging him. :D

kenbo
23/06/2005, 6:38 PM
Dave Rogers is a fckn tool IMO

from the heart dave rogers is the backbone of the shels defense an absolute legend and wat a f3uckin goal against hadjuk split!!

i jus think your jelous of our scouse!!!! :D

Éanna
23/06/2005, 11:51 PM
from the heart dave rogers is the backbone of the shels defense an absolute legend and wat a f3uckin goal against hadjuk split!!

i jus think your jelous of our scouse!!!! :D
so much so that most of his teammates hate him......

Slash/ED
23/06/2005, 11:53 PM
so much so that most of his teammates hate him......

You have a direct line akin to the bleedin' batphone to the Shels dressing room of course?

That's honestly the first I've ever heard of anyone claiming that.

Éanna
23/06/2005, 11:56 PM
You have a direct line akin to the bleedin' batphone to the Shels dressing room of course?

That's honestly the first I've ever heard of anyone claiming that.
fair enough. I had heard it from a couple of people, and the bust-up with crawford seemed to be more evidence...

Slash/ED
23/06/2005, 11:58 PM
That's the only evidence that I can see. In the warm up before Shels games I've seen Rogers go around to each of the team individually to try and rev them up for the match, from what I've seen and heard he's one of the most popular people behind the scenes.

Éanna
24/06/2005, 12:05 AM
my apologies if I got it wrong then....

JoeSemi
24/06/2005, 3:33 PM
I just don't like him. He's a RAT, no good sly, sneaky w@nker

I think I know where this stems from. I'm keeping my mouth shut though ;)

For his incoherent waffling on Sky Sports News this morning I'm giving a big shout out to Ollie Byrne, and everything else that he's done for that matter. He's a disgrace to Shelbourne and the whole of the EL. Just to compare him to the Glentoran chairman this morning, who looked smart and spoke sensibly, was embarassing.

Maynard
24/06/2005, 5:37 PM
1: Roddy
2: "The Rod"
3: Eanna :o

Éanna
25/06/2005, 6:55 PM
cheers :rolleyes: