Saturday 31st

Cobh Ramblers v Cabinteely FC

Monday 2nd

Cork City V Waterford FC

Sligo Rovers V Dundalk FC

Harps v Pats OFF,Refixed for next Friday 6th of September

nigel-harps1954
30/08/2019, 2:38 PM
Pitch inspection in Galway too. West coast taking a bit of a battering this past 12 hours with heavy rain.

joey B
30/08/2019, 2:41 PM
Galway game off aswell.

Finlay Harp
30/08/2019, 3:28 PM
Global warming!

Ezeikial
30/08/2019, 4:43 PM
Its a must win game for Rovers to try to keep the league "race" alive for Sept.

I think that the law of averages will apply

ger121
30/08/2019, 9:13 PM
They celebrated at the end like it was their Cup Final.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
30/08/2019, 9:23 PM
Cork are bad

joey B
30/08/2019, 9:31 PM
Intresting night,Sligo scoring 4 in Cork wasn't something id envisaged,happy for Rovers fans horrible derby run they were on but broken tonight.
Looking ominous for UCD but a handy point for Waterford ahead of what looks a massive game against Cork on Monday......

Dalymountrower
30/08/2019, 9:31 PM
They celebrated at the end like it was their Cup Final.
Every dog has its day.
9 out of 12 points is as good as our record against any club this season.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
30/08/2019, 9:54 PM
Intresting night,Sligo scoring 4 in Cork wasn't something id envisaged,happy for Rovers fans horrible derby run they were on but broken tonight.
Looking ominous for UCD but a handy point for Waterford ahead of what looks a massive game against Cork on Monday......

19 goals in our last 4 games. Unfortunately we’re playing someone decent on Monday.

hoopy
30/08/2019, 10:20 PM
Happy to win tonight, aside from the second half performance. As is the norm Bohs seemed happy to play for a 0-0. First half was fine, total domination, then for some reason second half we decided to sit back. Another couple of these results and Keith Long will be in trouble as his job at Bohs seems to be totally reliant on how he does v Rovers.

sbgawa
30/08/2019, 10:38 PM
Good to get another 3 points , I still think it's important to finish the league strongly even though it's over.
Sets the tone for next season.
7000 fans is great to see as well

MattB11
30/08/2019, 10:40 PM
Drogs v Shels in 2 week's time is a huge game now

sbgawa
30/08/2019, 10:41 PM
Yeah if drogs win they will go first on goal difference

Ezeikial
30/08/2019, 10:56 PM
Good to get another 3 points , I still think it's important to finish the league strongly even though it's over.
Sets the tone for next season.
7000 fans is great to see as well

What would be a good run-in to the league in your eyes
A) Finish within 15 points of the top?
B) Less than 10 points?
C) Reduce the current 4 point gap?

ger121
30/08/2019, 11:11 PM
Happy to win tonight, aside from the second half performance. As is the norm Bohs seemed happy to play for a 0-0. First half was fine, total domination, then for some reason second half we decided to sit back. Another couple of these results and Keith Long will be in trouble as his job at Bohs seems to be totally reliant on how he does v Rovers.

The norm is we are happy to play for a draw! Have you watched any of the derbies for the last 2-3 seasons?

sbgawa
30/08/2019, 11:14 PM
Not a great start for corks new boss.
What was the performance like

placid casual
30/08/2019, 11:29 PM
Fairly windy game out in Tallaght tonight. And that was just the bozo fans!
Controlled the 1st half and got a cracking goal from Burkey. Should have aimed for a 2nd before half time but sat back a bit in 2nd half and showed that without some referee interference they don't possess all that much threat.
Players looked tired after 5 games in 15 days.
Onto the far more important game down in Galway next week.

Kingswood Rover
30/08/2019, 11:39 PM
At long last, great atmosphere and support from both sets of fans, looks like we may possibly meet again in the cup in the semi, if its in Tallaght i think we could beat tonights crowd.

patrickccfc
31/08/2019, 12:07 AM
Not a great start for corks new boss.
What was the performance like
Yeah not a great start. Performance was a bit better, we created a few good chances. When we got the second goal it looked like we were going to push on and get a third, but then a McNulty special put an end to that. He has to be dropped for Monday surely.

marinobohs
31/08/2019, 12:32 AM
Yep, Kieth Longs "in trouble" after narrowly losing one game away to million plus shams side
Judging by the way the shams players celebrated FT anyone would think it was their "cup final" 😁
Bohs "played for 0-0 But shams "were happy to sit back" 😁 Christ on a bike you couldn't make these clowns up.! As predicted during the week the crowd turned up to see the BIG club 😁

dundalkfc10
31/08/2019, 12:39 AM
At long last, great atmosphere and support from both sets of fans, looks like we may possibly meet again in the cup in the semi, if its in Tallaght i think we could beat tonights crowd.

If Bohs were giving the whole stand it would some atmosphere

And Rovers removed that stupid netting behind the goals taking up front rows

ToberonaTornado
31/08/2019, 1:16 AM
Another easy win for Dundalk last night and another step closer to retaining the title.An absolute training ground match for us if you ever seen one.UCD are getting worse by the week(or every 5 days)it seems,hardly created a chance last night.
On to Sligo now on Monday evening for what could be a tricky match for us.Sligo in a bit of form recently.

Charlie Darwin
31/08/2019, 2:23 AM
Decent win tonight in our cup final. Controlled the first half and got nervous in the second half, understandably given the rotten run we've been on against them. Good to secure second place now, just a shame we couldn't make a proper title race of it.

trevy
31/08/2019, 6:35 AM
Waterford ended a run of 5 home defeats in a row with a good point v Derry. Soft goal conceded early on after Matt Connor flapped at a cross leaving Junior score. Waterford came into in near end of first half with Michael O'Connor getting his first league goal with back post header. Windy conditions made it difficult in 2nd half but both teams pushed for a winner. Duggan missed a good chance near the end for Waterford. Derry had a few corners and long throws late on but Connor caught them and draw fair result.

hoopy
31/08/2019, 7:16 AM
Yep, Kieth Longs "in trouble" after narrowly losing one game away to million plus shams side
Judging by the way the shams players celebrated FT anyone would think it was their "cup final" 😁
Bohs "played for 0-0 But shams "were happy to sit back" 😁 Christ on a bike you couldn't make these clowns up.! As predicted during the week the crowd turned up to see the BIG club 😁

Just take your defeat. Players aren't supposed to celebrate now are they not? Bitter bitter person.

Dalymountrower
31/08/2019, 8:06 AM
Just take your defeat. Players aren't supposed to celebrate now are they not? Bitter bitter person.
Big result for you ,celebrate away , an rud is anamh is iontach.
Thought our fans were excellent last night .great support .Great spectacle and Good atmosphere all round..Rovers should have been out of sight first half and Bohs dominated. 2nd half.Two amazing goal line clearances from Burke
Ballboys were your twelfth man.

marinobohs
31/08/2019, 8:09 AM

Oh boy, do I have to explain the “cup final” jibe to ANYONE with any basic knowledge of LOI ?
Tell us again about how Longs job is “under threat” for losing ONE derby in the last nine 😁
Truely the gift........😎

placid casual
31/08/2019, 9:00 AM
Big result for you ,celebrate away , an rud is anamh is iontach.
Thought our fans were excellent last night .great support .Great spectacle and Good atmosphere all round..Rovers should have been out of sight first half and Bohs dominated. 2nd half.Two amazing goal line clearances from Burke
Ballboys were your twelfth man.
Think the wind was the deciding factor DR.
Cracking atmosphere all the same. Can't imagine what it would be like to not be a Rovers or Bohs fan and not be able to experience that 3/4 times a year.
Now off you go to the Rab C Nesbitt cup😛

Ezeikial
31/08/2019, 9:36 AM
Can't imagine what it would be like to not be a Rovers or Bohs fan and not be able to experience that 3/4 times a year.

I have long held similar reservations about the lack of imagination and memory recall of some Rovers fans

total hoofball
31/08/2019, 9:45 AM
Drogs v Shels in 2 week's time is a huge game now
It should be televised

If Shels win, they win the league. If it's a draw, it will go to the final night with Shels needing a draw against Limerick. If Drogheda win, they will lead the table on goal difference into the final night needing a win against Bray

Shels looked nervy last night in the middle of the park and in the final third but very solid defensively. Drogheda will carry the form into this game but their results this season against the stronger teams in the Top 5 is actually pretty poor compared to Shels so hard to know how this game will go

hoopy
31/08/2019, 10:19 AM
Oh boy, do I have to explain the “cup final” jibe to ANYONE with any basic knowledge of LOI ?
Tell us again about how Longs job is “under threat” for losing ONE derby in the last nine 😁
Truely the gift........😎

Since Long got the job you lot would be happy to finish one place above relegation so long as you beat Rovers. He knew that as well. As I said stop cracking up and just accept the loss, you've no problem giving it when you beat us. Bitter.

pineapple stu
31/08/2019, 10:22 AM
Three identical goals conceded from corners last night. Been a problem for us all season. I honestly think if corners had been banned at the start of the season, we'd be safe by now. It's ridiculous stuff.

Ezeikial
31/08/2019, 10:49 AM
Three identical goals conceded from corners last night. Been a problem for us all season. I honestly think if corners had been banned at the start of the season, we'd be safe by now. It's ridiculous stuff.

All three goals were well taken, but the defending was deplorable. Liam Scales in particular seems a shadow of the promising player that won a u-21 call up.

On a more important note, absence of toilet paper was inexcusable.

oriel
31/08/2019, 11:07 AM
Dundalk def not home and dry yet, but with the two games in hand next week, away to Sligo (Mon) and home to Cork on Friday, if we get two wins that will be 10 points clear with same games played, 6 to go, you would think that's it.

Either way DFC need 5 more wins. If we do win it, the 1-0 win in Tallaght was probably the final chance Rovers had to plug the gap.

Dalymountrower
31/08/2019, 11:13 AM
Now off you go to the Rab C Nesbitt cup😛[/QUOTE]
Most Unionist town in Lanarkshire, what can go wrong.Chocky ar la.

RathfarnhamHoop
31/08/2019, 11:28 AM
So that's what a derby with a decent ref is like, it's been so long I'd forgotten what it felt like.

Must say fair play to both sets of fans on their behaviour last night, hear rumours now of some trouble around the game at it there wasn't any.

Bohs fans abusing the ball boys was hilarious though, imagine kids that are fans of one team not rushing not rushing to give the other team the ball who'd have thought that'd ever happen, must've made those grown men feel big though abusing kids like that though
*please note I am not making the obvious joke here to keep it civil😁*

If Bohs were giving the whole stand it would some atmosphere

And Rovers removed that stupid netting behind the goals taking up front rows

No team will ever be given the whole east stand, not only would it me stupid for Rovers to do so as it would mean turning away Rovers fans but the guards would never allow away fans to be that close to the South Stand, it would never be allowed happen. Giving the Bohs fans the whole stand would probably just turn the atmosphere more poisonous rather than make it any better and would also mean some "neutrals" (read potential fans) would miss out on the occasion. Agree on the netting but that's to stop people going onto the pitch.

marinobohs
31/08/2019, 12:02 PM
Since Long got the job you lot would be happy to finish one place above relegation so long as you beat Rovers. He knew that as well. As I said stop cracking up and just accept the loss, you've no problem giving it when you beat us. Bitter.
3rd in the League, cup semi last year, yea it's all about shams 😁😁😁
If Longs job is under threat after losing one derby according to you (still waiting for an explanation) what would you say about a manager that went EIGHT yes EIGTH Derbys without a win ? Ring any bells there braintrust ?
At least shams can stop blathering about "The project" to gloss over Bradley's abysmal record.
Better "bitter" than "stupid".

marinobohs
31/08/2019, 12:04 PM
Now off you go to the Rab C Nesbitt cup😛
Most Unionist town in Lanarkshire, what can go wrong.Chocky ar la.[/QUOTE]

Maybe some of shams EDL buddies will turn up.

Park_Lane
31/08/2019, 12:16 PM
Most Unionist town in Lanarkshire, what can go wrong.Chocky ar la.

Maybe some of shams EDL buddies will turn up.[/QUOTE]

Are you having a bad day mate? 😂

hoopy
31/08/2019, 12:30 PM
3rd in the League, cup semi last year, yea it's all about shams 😁😁😁
If Longs job is under threat after losing one derby according to you (still waiting for an explanation) what would you say about a manager that went EIGHT yes EIGTH Derbys without a win ? Ring any bells there braintrust ?
At least shams can stop blathering about "The project" to gloss over Bradley's abysmal record.
Better "bitter" than "stupid".

You're deliberately misquoting my original post. Where did I say his job was under threat after this? I actually said, if you can see through that steam you're creating, 'another couple of these'. You can dish out insults and all the smiley faces you like, it doesn't mask the fact that you're cracking up and everyone knows it. And its great.

sbgawa
31/08/2019, 1:15 PM
Tunnock wafer cup for 2020 :)
Squeaky bum time, O Donnell will make a difference at pats

marinobohs
31/08/2019, 3:02 PM
Tunnock wafer cup for 2020 :)
Squeaky bum time, O Donnell will make a difference at pats
But ....but Shels plan to relegate us 😁😁😁 this prediction as good as that was ?

marinobohs
31/08/2019, 3:04 PM
You're deliberately misquoting my original post. Where did I say his job was under threat after this? I actually said, if you can see through that steam you're creating, 'another couple of these'. You can dish out insults and all the smiley faces you like, it doesn't mask the fact that you're cracking up and everyone knows it. And its great.
“Another couple of these” ? What ? Like EIGHT ?
Looks like you “cracked” long ago 😁

sbgawa
31/08/2019, 3:16 PM
But ....but Shels plan to relegate us 😁😁😁 this prediction as good as that was ?

We will have to wait and see , first part is get promoted and make themselves the main team in the Dublin city council stadium.
Lovely morning isn't it :)

marinobohs
31/08/2019, 3:51 PM
We will have to wait and see , first part is get promoted and make themselves the main team in the Dublin city council stadium.
Lovely morning isn't it :)
Not sure about the country but it’s afternoon here in Dublin city 😁
Wait and see ? You said this season FFS, more bull****.
At least you guys can stop hiding behind “the project” now and with any luck it will keep Bradley in a job. Lovely 😎

sbgawa
31/08/2019, 3:57 PM
Lol how could shels relegate you this season :) ,
Wait and see.
Lovely morning , turned into a nice afternoon and looking like a good evening.
Enjoy them lemons Marino , keep it coming :)

Stevie O Donnel to do the business at pats.

hoopy
31/08/2019, 4:00 PM
“Another couple of these” ? What ? Like EIGHT ?
Looks like you “cracked” long ago 😁

As I said you were making it up. And the obligatory smiley face to cover the pain. It'll be 10 seasons in a row now that Rovers have finished ahead of Bohs. Never mind though, you might go on another run of beating Rovers, that's all that matters of course. Cracking up. I love it.

sbgawa
31/08/2019, 4:36 PM
hadn't realised it was ten seasons in a row.
Good stat.
Can't be worrying about them though the stat we need to reverse is dundalk ahead of us for last 7.

marinobohs
01/09/2019, 10:02 AM
As I said you were making it up. And the obligatory smiley face to cover the pain. It'll be 10 seasons in a row now that Rovers have finished ahead of Bohs. Never mind though, you might go on another run of beating Rovers, that's all that matters of course. Cracking up. I love it.
Denying you said it ? WOW even for a bull****ter like you that's something else 😁
Finishing above a part time team now the height of shams achievement ?
Maybe your time in the First Division moderated your expectations.