PDA

View Full Version : Fai Cup Draw

Terry
06/05/2005, 11:33 AM
When is the draw for the second round of the cup, does anybody know?

harps1954
06/05/2005, 11:41 AM
The draw is on Monday next, 9th May and will be live on RTE's Six-One News.

holidaysong
09/05/2005, 2:00 PM
The draw will be live at 8pm tonight on RTÉ 2. It was said on RTÉ last night.

tiktok
09/05/2005, 2:08 PM
is it not on at 6.40 during the news :confused:

carrickharp
09/05/2005, 2:10 PM
Better watch the sports news at 6.40 just incase :confused:

fosterdollar
09/05/2005, 2:10 PM
is it not on at 6.40 during the news :confused:
it usually is. Probably worth kicking the box on at 6.30 in case

carrickharp
09/05/2005, 2:15 PM
It is listed in todays paper that it is on live at 8pm, I will still watch at 6.40 just incase....

holidaysong
09/05/2005, 2:18 PM
Aren't RTÉ great :D

carrickharp
09/05/2005, 2:36 PM
Aren't RTÉ great :D
Yeah themselves and the FAI make a great team :p

GalwayFrancis
09/05/2005, 3:11 PM
from aertel :eek:

FAI CUP DRAW SET FOR MONDAY
The draw for the second round of the
FAI Carlsberg Senior Cup will take
place in Dublin this evening.

The draw, which will be held in the
Gravity Bar at the Guinness Storehouse,
will be broadcast live on the Six One
news at roughly 6.40pm.

FAI Cup hat-trick heroes Miah Dennehy
(Cork Hibernians 1972) and John Ryan
(Bray Wanderers 1990) will be special
guests and will be recipients of
presentations from the FAI and
Carlsberg on the night.

razor
09/05/2005, 3:12 PM
According to my sources the draw is on the news at 6.40ish

holidaysong
09/05/2005, 3:16 PM
Was watching RTÉ 2 last night and they said it would be on live at 8 pm on RTÉ 2 so if it is not on the news that is when it will be on :)

carrickharp
09/05/2005, 3:31 PM
The FAI must be helping RTE to “organise” the time of the draw sure isn’t it being held in a brewery :p

A face
09/05/2005, 3:33 PM
According to my sources the draw is on the news at 6.40ish

Those sources ... they wouldn't be RTE and the FAI would they .... cos i dont think the rightly know themselves what going on !! :p

A face
09/05/2005, 4:36 PM
FAI Cup draw makes TV appearance

The draw for the second round of this season’s FAI Carlsberg Cup, which will see the 22 eircom League clubs enter the hat alongside the 10 intermediate and junior sides to have made it through the preliminary rounds, takes place live on RTE television this evening (Monday).

The decathlon of non-league clubs will all be hoping to emulate the achievements of Cork side Rockmount last season, when they reached the quarter-finals and took Premier Division Waterford United to a replay before making their exit.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17234)

Mr_T
09/05/2005, 5:17 PM
The FAI must be helping RTE to “organise” the time of the draw sure isn’t it being held in a brewery :p

However it has been announced that there will be no free bar at the event, seemingly the FAI were unable to organise a pi$$ up..........

I'll get me coat. :eek:

sligoman
09/05/2005, 5:39 PM
It's definetely on six-one news. After the break......

Slash/ED
09/05/2005, 5:50 PM
Shels at home to Derry anyway, with the amount of FAI cup matches to be shown live I wonder if they'll put that on.

sligoman
09/05/2005, 5:52 PM
Kilkenny City -v- Finn Harps
Drogheda Utd -v- Limerick
Shamrock Rovers -v- Fanad United
Waterford Utd -v- St Patrick's
Monaghan Utd -v- Dundalk
Carew/St Peters -v- Douglas Hall
Sligo Rovers -v- Malahide Utd
Galway Utd -v- Cork City
Kildare County -v- Galway Hibs
Avondale Utd -v- Bray Wanderers
Shelbourne -v- Derry City
UCD -v- Dublin City
Longford Town -v- Waterford Crystal
Cobh Ramblers -v- Wayside Celtic
Lissadel Utd -v- Cherry Orchard
Bohemians -v- Athlone Town

Dazzy
09/05/2005, 5:54 PM
Shels at home to Derry anyway, with the amount of FAI cup matches to be shown live I wonder if they'll put that on.

Same old same old :rolleyes: bad draw, but we did it once, why not again :D

dancinpants
09/05/2005, 5:58 PM
Kilkenny City -v- Finn Harps (Harps through - shock of the round)
Drogheda Utd -v- Limerick (Drogs through)
Shamrock Rovers -v- Fanad United (Rovers through)
Waterford Utd -v- St Patrick's (Waterford through)
Monaghan Utd -v- Dundalk (Dundalk after a replay)
Carew/St Peters -v- Douglas Hall (Douglas??)
Sligo Rovers -v- Malahide Utd (Sligo through)
Galway Utd -v- Cork City (Cork through)
Kildare County -v- Galway Hibs (Kildare through)
Avondale Utd -v- Bray Wanderers (Bray through)
Shelbourne -v- Derry City (Derry after a replay? :eek: )
UCD -v- Dublin City (Dublin City after a replay)
Longford Town -v- Waterford Crystal (Longford through)
Cobh Ramblers -v- Wayside Celtic Cobh through)
Lissadel Utd -v- Cherry Orchard (Cherry Orchard after a replay)
Bohemians -v- Athlone Town (Bohs through)

the 12 th man
09/05/2005, 6:21 PM

not so sure,
could be the upset of the 2nd round

Speranza
09/05/2005, 6:21 PM
We have a good record against $hel$ under Kenny and I'm confident we can turn the filth over in Dublin without a replay. Really want to win the cup this year to get into the Setanta.

sligoman
09/05/2005, 6:26 PM
Kilkenny City -v- Finn Harps (Harps through)
Drogheda Utd -v- Limerick (Drogheda through)
Waterford Utd -v- St Patrick's (Waterford through)
Monaghan Utd -v- Dundalk (Dundalk through)
Carew/St Peters -v- Douglas Hall (Douglas through)
Sligo Rovers -v- Malahide Utd (Sligo through)
Galway Utd -v- Cork City (Cork through)
Kildare County -v- Galway Hibs (Kildare through)
Avondale Utd -v- Bray Wanderers (Bray through)
Shelbourne -v- Derry City (Shelbourne through)
UCD -v- Dublin City (U.C.D. after a replay)
Longford Town -v- Waterford Crystal (Longford through)
Cobh Ramblers -v- Wayside Celtic (Cobh through)
Lissadel Utd -v- Cherry Orchard (Cherry Orchard after a replay)
Bohemians -v- Athlone Town (Bohemians through)

1 9 2 8
09/05/2005, 6:44 PM
Sligo Rovers -v- Malahide Utd
Any one know anything about Malahide United?

sligoman
09/05/2005, 7:57 PM
Any one know anything about Malahide United?

This is all I know about them so far

Team Name: MALAHIDE UNITED
Form: D W W W W W W W W
Home Venue: Malahide Castle
Secretary: Stuart Gilhooly
Address: 18 Kenilworth Manor Dublin 6W
Phone: 4926820 Home/ 4532133 Work

monutdfc
09/05/2005, 8:11 PM
Managed by ex-Mons manager and Shelbourne midfielder Bobby Browne, who led them to the top division of the LSL for the first time in their history. Beat Glenmore Dundrum in round 1. With Bobby as manager I'd expect them to be a footballing side. They have tremendous facilities if you have to go there for a replay, their all weather pitch is used for the Irish senior squad for training I believe.

pete
09/05/2005, 9:50 PM
Most games have fairly certain conclusions. Little chance for upsets with non-leaguers & 1st division teams away from home.

I wonder what game RTE or TG4 will show on tv? Will they be obvious & go to Tolka?

Is it my imagination or does 2nd round seem earlier this year? Anyone know why such a gap to round 3?

Dodge
09/05/2005, 10:03 PM
Apparently its to give the non league sides a better chance...

dcfcsteve
09/05/2005, 10:21 PM
There's only one tough/challenging draw in there really and - sod's feckin' law - we're the ones who get it.....! :eek:

Are the games over the 10th June weekend ?

A face
09/05/2005, 10:40 PM
There's only one tough/challenging draw in there really

Thems the breaks !! :)

pete
09/05/2005, 11:21 PM
Are the games over the 10th June weekend ?

Yup think so.

FAI Cup is too important with Uefa Cup & Setanta Cup places to waste on a small team but they entitled to their luck of the draw i suppose. Not much chance of even non-leaguer beating one of those 1st division teams.

Roo69
10/05/2005, 12:17 AM

Any info on Avondale ? from Cork i take it, Munster Senior League ? Do they have a site ?

A face
10/05/2005, 12:28 AM

Any info on Avondale ? from Cork i take it, Munster Senior League ? Do they have a site ?

I doubt they have a site .... i wouldn't worry to be honest. You should have the measure of them alright. That might be played at the cross actually if they keep the tie at home.

KR's Post
10/05/2005, 8:30 AM
I doubt they have a site .... i wouldn't worry to be honest. You should have the measure of them alright. That might be played at the cross actually if they keep the tie at home.

Hopefully it is... Don't wanna go to a S-hit pitch in the middle of nowhere!!! :eek: Why couldn't we draw Wayside or Cherry Orchard which are just out the road, but NO we had to draw a Non-league team from Cork. :mad:

Redzer
10/05/2005, 9:47 AM
Managed by ex-Mons manager and Shelbourne midfielder Bobby Browne, who led them to the top division of the LSL for the first time in their history. Beat Glenmore Dundrum in round 1. With Bobby as manager I'd expect them to be a footballing side. They have tremendous facilities if you have to go there for a replay, their all weather pitch is used for the Irish senior squad for training I believe.
They are also in the final of the Metropolitan Cup, so expect a tough game. under Bobby Browne it will be a potential banana skin. I hate these teams, cos we're dammed if we do and dammed if we dont.

LFC in Exile
10/05/2005, 12:21 PM
Hopefully it is... Don't wanna go to a S-hit pitch in the middle of nowhere!!! :eek:

Why, were you hoping for a change?

LFC in Exile
10/05/2005, 12:23 PM
Did anyone see Roddy Collins being interviewed with Kerr afterwards. He was asked about Dundalk and Said "Hopefully they'll have a pitch by then". Smart ar se. Then again I suppose there's a better chance of Dundalk having one than there is of Rovers having one by then. Wonder if it will be an all First Division clash when it comes around? :)

KR's Post
10/05/2005, 12:24 PM
Why, were you hoping for a change?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Your not funny!!

razor
10/05/2005, 12:55 PM
Hopefully it is... Don't wanna go to a S-hit pitch in the middle of nowhere!!! :eek: Why couldn't we draw Wayside or Cherry Orchard which are just out the road, but NO we had to draw a Non-league team from Cork. :mad:Avondale Park can be found just outside Carrigaline, if you follow the signs for the ferry from Ringaskiddy and take the right for Fernhill Golf club, its about 2 miles down the road.

Hibs4Ever
10/05/2005, 1:07 PM
Did anyone see Roddy Collins being interviewed with Kerr afterwards. He was asked about Dundalk and Said "Hopefully they'll have a pitch by then". Smart ar se. Then again I suppose there's a better chance of Dundalk having one than there is of Rovers having one by then. Wonder if it will be an all First Division clash when it comes around? :)

Couldn't stop laughing when Collins said that. What a Muppet. :D

carrickharp
10/05/2005, 1:17 PM
A bit cheeky saying that about Dundalk’s ground when only seconds earlier he was on about Bohs also being drawn at home and it being a clash of nights for both clubs, dose he forget they are leasing the ground as they have none of there own? Send them to Fanad for the game instead:p

harpskid
10/05/2005, 1:28 PM
Send them to Fanad for the game instead:p

He'd never find Triagh-A-Locha ;)

holidaysong
10/05/2005, 5:45 PM
A bit cheeky saying that about Dundalk’s ground when only seconds earlier he was on about Bohs also being drawn at home and it being a clash of nights for both clubs, dose he forget they are leasing the ground as they have none of there own? Send them to Fanad for the game instead:p

Especially since we were drawn away so it wouldn't matter if we had a home pitch to play it on.. :rolleyes:

A face
11/05/2005, 9:59 PM
Two non-league sides assured Cup passage

There will be at least two non-league sides in the last 16 of this season’s FAI Carlsberg Cup after the draw for the second round was held in Dublin on Monday evening.

The second round of the Cup sees the entry of the 22 eircom League sides to join the 10 junior and intermediate outfits to have negotiated the preliminaries.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17250)

Gerrit
11/05/2005, 10:02 PM
As a groundhopper, I was hoping Shels would draw an away game vs a non-league side, that would have given me the chance of seeing a ground I may otherwise never get to...

But... at home vs a team we already play 3 times in the EL. Sh1te draw :( Why couldn't we get Avondale or Malahide or Galway Hibs or so ?!

Gerrit
11/05/2005, 10:03 PM
And I think an excellent Ladbrokes/PaddyPower bet would be to guess the crowd at UCD vs Dublin City :D

ShelsTim
12/05/2005, 8:28 PM
And I think an excellent Ladbrokes/PaddyPower bet would be to guess the crowd at UCD vs Dublin City :D

Ah, go away outta that, they'll never be a crowd at UCD v Dublin City.

joeraki
12/05/2005, 8:52 PM

The Irony of it all :rolleyes: :cool: