PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

townhall tez
06/01/2012, 10:58 PM
Rockmount 2 mayfield 2 in controversial fashion,mount felt mayfield should have given ball back after they kicked it out for an injury. Mayfield didn't and scored from the throw to make it 2-2. Rockmount not happy...

justasupporter
07/01/2012, 9:37 AM
If you ask me I don't think the defender was putting the ball out & that's why mayfield played on ,anyone else have a closer view ? never a dull moment in rockmount games , think dale will put daylight between everyone else today , can't see midleton getting anything

ringmahon4ever
07/01/2012, 10:56 AM
Off to Ringmahon on Sat arvo to do battle with the lads again. Looking forward to it as always. Been so long without a game now every team should be chomping at the bit.

Best of luck to one and all this weekend. How ye fixed Ring4ever? Any injuries I should know about???? Eh??? :D
ah that would be telling now Clifford ha ha. hopefully the three points Will be staying in ringmahon pk. best of luck

townhall tez
07/01/2012, 4:44 PM
Farcical scenes in Saint Mary's park today,referee Thomas Long sent off Mark Murphy after 15 minutes for a challenge on his brother!!! How can the msl put him in this position? It's madness,everyone who watches msl football knows Murphy is not an aggressive player. It was merely a challenge for the ball mistimed. But what could Long do? His brother was rolling around on the ground,would we not all protect any family members? These people assigning refs to games must be clueless. It was still a good game,Mary's won 2-1 when a draw was the fair result. Mary's wont worry about that though,3 points in the bag no matter how they done it!

old-head
07/01/2012, 5:39 PM
Was in Kilcully today as a neutral, there was hardly farcical scenes!! Firstly a great game on a very heavy pitch. Marys dominated first 30mins and should have been 3 up before they scored. Mark Murphy was then sent off and Cors really came into it and equalized. They had the better of the second half also and were worth a point. 3 good goals in the game aswell. On the sending off, we all know Mark Murphy is not a dirty player but it was a shocking challenge and a definite red. It was over the top, late and led to injured player going off at half time. The ref can't take into account what a lovely fella he is when making the decision! Sets up Mount/ Marys nicely for next week, they'll need 5 officials for that one!!!! Cors will be fine, probably feel the world is against them at the moment and seem to getting in a lot of grief with officials. But they have a nice young side and will get reults when the weather improves as the firmer pitches will suit their play more.

AvondaleNutter
07/01/2012, 5:39 PM
3 nil win at home to Middleton today. Bit of daylight now between us and the chasing pack

justasupporter
07/01/2012, 6:41 PM
Agree with all your comments tez except the challenge by mark , it was a straight red no doubth , it was a committed tackle but he never got the ball & he was off the ground when he connected heavily with Danny long , bit harsh to say Thomas was only showing red because it was his brother , any ref in the league would have shown red . Danny long didn't last long after the tackle either . Cors can feel aggrieved they didn't get a point as they looked more organised than Mary's even with 10 men . Off to hall & blarney tomorrow , another good game in prospect there .

mayfield utd
07/01/2012, 6:57 PM
Mcbride from mayfield joining leesidei didn't hear anything about this,sure he played and scored against rockmount last night.as for not giving rockmount back the ball,i don't know did the rockmount player mean to put it out of play,it's a hard one to call really,all in all it was a good game and a good come back from our lads after been 2 down

townhall tez
07/01/2012, 8:28 PM
From where I viewed the Murphy tackle he made an honest attempt to get the ball,I felt yellow was appropriate. I have no issue with Thomas Long,my issue is with the mugs at the msl who put him in that position. Great game after that but if Murphy was on the pitch you got to think college would have got at least a point. On theRockmount game issue I did think the Rockmount lad just cleared his lines. Mayfield quite entitled to play on.

Sparky
07/01/2012, 8:33 PM
Just a few comments on my behalf..........................Saints v's Cors 1. Thomas Long is a very good referee. He has played for Rockmount, Avondale and St. Marys so it is hard for him to avoid games with past teams. I can't say I was at it but I must say that I heard about the scenario he was put it and to be fair I heard it was a straight red. I do agree that Mark Murphy is a footballer and not that sort of player but it was a red. Good referee that is trying to be stitched up for no reason is my shout.

2. Mount v's Mayfield. The Rockmount player did not mean to put the ball out of play. He sliced a clearance. Mayfield felt they did not have to throw it back and played the game. Rockmount should have defended an easy ball into the box. Paul Condon and Brendan O'Connell made a hash of it. The only topic of dicussion after the game was this event. What happened to Rockmount coasting and throwing away a 2 goal lead?

Clifford
07/01/2012, 8:38 PM
Ringmahon 0-3 Fermoy

Early soft pen awarded to us got scored by Kurt Wheeler and another great finish from Gavin Quirke after about 25 saw us lead at half time. Ringmahon threw everything at us sec half and won an equally soft pen. They missed it however off the bar and we went down and scored a header from a corner immediately through Leon Roche.

Good day at the office. Any word on Castleview and UCC?

the hawk
07/01/2012, 8:58 PM
castleview 1 -0 ucc

townhall tez
07/01/2012, 9:53 PM
Stitch up the ref? This is my third time on here to say I think Thomas did nothing wrong,I reiterate the ref was not at fault. In my opinion different refs would have given yellow. Many refs in the league are associated with clubs or should I say have been. This is not a problem,however being asked to officiate a game where a family member is involved is not right nor fair.

Fan-tastic
07/01/2012, 10:02 PM
Couldn't agree more with sparky. Thomas is prob best red n league at d mo but to b fair he shouldn't b asked to ref games with his brother playing. Don't mind him reffing old clubs but must b hard wit ur brother playin.
On Rockmount too I agree Paul Condon on his left foot was just putting ball safe n Rockmount had a chance to put ball out just b4 anyway n just terrible defending to have that ball go in. If they werent tryin to intimidate mayfield into giving them back a handy clearance n concentrated on defending we wouldn't even b talking about it

Chiefscout
08/01/2012, 10:58 AM
Stitch up the ref? This is my third time on here to say I think Thomas did nothing wrong,I reiterate the ref was not at fault. In my opinion different refs would have given yellow. Many refs in the league are associated with clubs or should I say have been. This is not a problem,however being asked to officiate a game where a family member is involved is not right nor fair.

I think they give Thomas games with his brother playing because he can handle it and not be bias in any way.that was a stone wall red card yesterday,intentional or not...sets up next weeks match nicely between marys and rockmount.a win for marys and they pull away from rockmount,a rockmount win keep their slim hopes of catching Avondale alive.should be a cracker

townhall tez
08/01/2012, 12:19 PM
Douglas hall 1 blarney 0 poor game.

ball-hop
08/01/2012, 12:26 PM
Douglas hall 1 blarney 0 poor game.
Agreed - nothing to write home about, except another 3 points. Simon McGarry scored the goal midway through the first half and that was enough.

BalagueFC
08/01/2012, 2:19 PM
There seems to be a recurring theme on this forum to blame referees for every loss. Everyone knows how tough their job is and they are rarely praised. They are too easy a target on this site.

townhall tez
08/01/2012, 2:45 PM
I didn't read anything in the last few pages of this site where a ref has been blamed... It has merely been pointed out that Thomas Long was put in an awkward position. A point that Mr Long himself agrees with.

BalagueFC
08/01/2012, 3:47 PM
i was at the rockmount game saturday and i cant believe no one has mentioned the referrees performance.He didnt give college a blatant penalty at 1-0 when he was only two yards away from it but worse than that was what happened after.

How about the refs performance razor? Very strange decisions made,even with your Avondale hat on you must admit that! When Cors got the equaliser he gave Dale a free for no apparent reason which led to the goal. The booking he gave to a Cors player for diving was comical! Anytime they had an advantage he gave the free to them and refused blatant ones then-something very strange there.

All I am saying is that they are easy targets and they can’t be blamed for every defeat. :)

townhall tez
08/01/2012, 4:07 PM
Those comments are not in the last few pages but point taken. Good research!

Sparky
08/01/2012, 5:50 PM

Townhall Tez, incase you think I was having a pop off you I wasn't. I agree that he should not be refereeing his brothers games but I think he could not win no matter what he did. I was trying to say that whoever appoints to referees to games could have done better this time. But I do admit that he can handle it too. It just doesn't look right. I think we are all trying to say the same thing. Well done to the Hall today, could not get to it but from comments here I didnt miss much anyway. Marys v Rockmount should be a cracker alright.

townhall tez
08/01/2012, 6:20 PM
Agreed Sparky,time to move on to next weeks games! Mary's Rockmount should be a cracker. Might be a tackle or two in that game!

magpie
08/01/2012, 6:47 PM
They played earlier in the season and Blarney got a late goal to get a share of the points.Douglas have lost Kevin Mull and Deccie is still taking a break.Not sure if Graham Mc has left or not.Not too sure if they have signed anyone.It wouldn't be for the lack of trying anyway.
Blarney could be without a few up there.By all accounts they have suspensions and alot of injuries. heard deccie is playing with douglas juniors

Carpet
08/01/2012, 8:28 PM
I was down at the hall game this morning.Total waste of my time.
Can anyone tell me what all the hype about Blarney was before the season started? It's shocking,it's like they dont care,no heart or desire to win.And the hall weren't much better

Chiefscout
09/01/2012, 3:51 AM
Can anyone tell me what all the hype about Blarney was before the season started? It's shocking,it's like they dont care,no heart or desire to win.And the hall weren't much better
Point taken on blarney,but have to say that the hall seem to this year added the ability to win a game when not playing well,which cost them the league last year

townhall tez
09/01/2012, 8:48 AM
Heard Willy Hefernan has signed for Mary's from Avondale,he is a good player who has played for the international colleges team. Just a rumour so far,can chiefscout confirm this?

Reznik
09/01/2012, 10:45 AM

Well Blarney are still in the inter cup and senior cup and allready been in the Keane cup final. I think they have more points in the league now than this time last year so overall that dosent seem too bad. Matter of opinion i suppose...

el nino coro
09/01/2012, 12:18 PM

Someone made a comment a few pages back that blarneys fitness coach would want to be hung drawn and quartered and by looking at that game yesterday he was 100% spot on,watched them out the cross in the keane cup final and they were nothing short of a disgrace,5 or 6 players over weight,i find it hillarious that people were tipping them for the league!

Dixie's Cousin
09/01/2012, 1:22 PM
It's been awhile lads! Hope everybody had a great christmas and new year. Great win for the 'View on saturday night against a lively UCC team, it was a must win even with a few missing through suspension and injury. It's very close at the top end of Division 1 at the half way mark!

Chiefscout
09/01/2012, 1:40 PM
Someone made a comment a few pages back that blarneys fitness coach would want to be hung drawn and quartered and by looking at that game yesterday he was 100% spot on,watched them out the cross in the keane cup final and they were nothing short of a disgrace,5 or 6 players over weight,i find it hillarious that people were tipping them for the league!

Aren't you playing with them anymore coro??

Chiefscout
09/01/2012, 1:44 PM
Heard Willy Hefernan has signed for Mary's from Avondale,he is a good player who has played for the international colleges team. Just a rumour so far,can chiefscout confirm this?

Haven't a clue yet but will find out for you tez. He wasnt playing v Corinthians last weekend

Gobias
09/01/2012, 1:45 PM

Got to agree.I was at the game and out of the outfield players (including subs) that played I counted 4 that put the effort in, the rest just didnt care if they won or lost. Blarney are paying for signing players from other clubs and failing to bring locals into the team

Well Blarney are still in the inter cup and senior cup and allready been in the Keane cup final. I think they have more points in the league now than this time last year so overall that dosent seem too bad. Matter of opinion i suppose...

If you look at the games played to get to those points, its not very impressive. Dont think thay played a Premier side in the Keane cup until the final, same in the Inter cup and played a poor Wicklow side in the last round and needed a replay and last minute goal against 10 men to beat them and beat Carrigaline on penos in the Senior Cup.

Chiefscout
09/01/2012, 1:47 PM
Haven't a clue yet but will find out for you tez. He wasnt playing v Corinthians last weekend

No.he hasn't signed tez

maninthemiddle
09/01/2012, 2:13 PM
Farcical scenes in Saint Mary's park today,referee Thomas Long sent off Mark Murphy after 15 minutes for a challenge on his brother!!! How can the msl put him in this position? It's madness,everyone who watches msl football knows Murphy is not an aggressive player. It was merely a challenge for the ball mistimed. But what could Long do? His brother was rolling around on the ground,would we not all protect any family members? These people assigning refs to games must be clueless. It was still a good game,Mary's won 2-1 when a draw was the fair result. Mary's wont worry about that though,3 points in the bag no matter how they done it!

in fairness tez where would ya draw the line. a ref must not ref in a game where he knows anyone?

i have reffed family, friends, ex teammates and work colleagues in the 5 years im doing it and even had to send off a very close work colleague a few weekends ago.you can imagine the wind up over that. it genuinely doesnt cross your mind. in fact i'd say you would nearly be more strict with them so as not to be biased if anything.

townhall tez
09/01/2012, 2:31 PM
At a high standard of football it shouldn't happen,the msl in fairness are trying to be more professional but this situation is amateurish. When Thomas himself isn't happy about it there is an issue. It's him I feel sorry for. Time to move on now I think.

townhall tez
09/01/2012, 2:32 PM
Thanks chiefscout,I know he was at the game Saturday alright.

Chiefscout
09/01/2012, 3:03 PM
Thanks chiefscout,I know he was at the game Saturday alright.
Heffernan signed with Corinthians,not marys

Reznik
09/01/2012, 4:31 PM
If you look at the games played to get to those points, its not very impressive. Dont think thay played a Premier side in the Keane cup until the final, same in the Inter cup and played a poor Wicklow side in the last round and needed a replay and last minute goal against 10 men to beat them and beat Carrigaline on penos in the Senior Cup.

Like i said ''matter of opinion''. Surely you can only be expected to beat teams that are put in front of you. If the cup draws have been kind well then more luck to them. Also suggesting that at least 6 or 7 players werent trying is ridiculous. Big difference between a bad performance and lack of effort.

Carpet
09/01/2012, 11:26 PM
Like i said ''matter of opinion''. Surely you can only be expected to beat teams that are put in front of you. If the cup draws have been kind well then more luck to them. Also suggesting that at least 6 or 7 players werent trying is ridiculous. Big difference between a bad performance and lack of effort.

Ah Reznik Iv been to watch a few of ye're games at this stage and the lack of fight is glaring.I'm not trying to have a go off ye,ye've brought a nice style of football to the league but there's something seriously lacking there when there's any bit of fight needed.I don't know if it's all the outsiders ye got in or what but it's like the club hasn't got a soul.I'll ask you this,who would you fancy to win,the team ye had when ye first to the msl or this one?I know which one had the better ball players and I know which one had great heart and I also know which one would win.

maninthemiddle
10/01/2012, 7:50 AM
At a high standard of football it shouldn't happen,the msl in fairness are trying to be more professional but this situation is amateurish. When Thomas himself isn't happy about it there is an issue. It's him I feel sorry for. Time to move on now I think.

well most people will tell you ex players make better refs but they are going to come across friends and family every now and then. im sure tomas doesnt feel comfortable but in theend of the day its easy swap a fixture. he is not the only one reffing family so does everyone avoid certain teams so????

having played from 6 years old to 30 myself there wasnt many people or clubs i didnt know when i started.
its only one of many things we have to deal with. we are the easy excuse and a handy target all the time but sure it comes with the job.

townhall tez
10/01/2012, 9:27 PM
well most people will tell you ex players make better refs but they are going to come across friends and family every now and then. im sure tomas doesnt feel comfortable but in theend of the day its easy swap a fixture. he is not the only one reffing family so does everyone avoid certain teams so????

having played from 6 years old to 30 myself there wasnt many people or clubs i didnt know when i started.
its only one of many things we have to deal with. we are the easy excuse and a handy target all the time but sure it comes with the job.

Thomas Long has written a letter to the league requesting not to be put in that situation again. Obviously he feels differently than Man in the middle.

mayfield utd
10/01/2012, 10:40 PM
Thomas Long has written a letter to the league requesting not to be put in that situation again. Obviously he feels differently than Man in the middle.i'd say he only done that cos of what happen,he knows everyone has been saying did you hear thomas long sent off a guy for tackling his brother,if that game had gone well,i'm sure he'd have no problem doing a marys game again.thomas long is one of the best refs in the msl

billyteam
11/01/2012, 1:34 AM
i'd say he only done that cos of what happen,he knows everyone has been saying did you hear thomas long sent off a guy for tackling his brother,if that game had gone well,i'm sure he'd have no problem doing a marys game again.thomas long is one of the best refs in the msl

He wrote it because he read what all ye have been writing . he really respects ye're views ;)

maninthemiddle
11/01/2012, 7:39 AM
Thomas Long has written a letter to the league requesting not to be put in that situation again. Obviously he feels differently than Man in the middle.

im sure he does. ill ask him when i see him tonight. anyway for me reffing ex teammates, family and friends is unavoidable.

townhall tez
11/01/2012, 9:38 AM
That's fine Man in the middle but do you ref in the Msl premier league? It's fine reffing family in lower leagues but the msl premier is just down a level from league of Ireland. It's just a case of the league having a more professional approach with their top divisions and best officials.

maninthemiddle
11/01/2012, 10:36 AM
That's fine Man in the middle but do you ref in the Msl premier league? It's fine reffing family in lower leagues but the msl premier is just down a level from league of Ireland. It's just a case of the league having a more professional approach with their top divisions and best officials.

i have done a few games when i was on msl panel. i am aul panel this year. could just as easily be doing it next year as 95% of refs move panel every year.

im not making any issue here btw tez, just discussing it and simply saying a ref who has played all his life will inevitably always come up against family and friends at the lowest and highest level and it should'nt be an issue!

i actually agree with you and common sense should prevail in fixtures but it also shouldnt matter in any way either.

townhall tez
11/01/2012, 1:34 PM
i have done a few games when i was on msl panel. i am aul panel this year. could just as easily be doing it next year as 95% of refs move panel every year.

im not making any issue here btw tez, just discussing it and simply saying a ref who has played all his life will inevitably always come up against family and friends at the lowest and highest level and it should'nt be an issue!

i actually agree with you and common sense should prevail in fixtures but it also shouldnt matter in any way either.

Ya,thanks man in the middle,all valid points.

el nino coro
12/01/2012, 11:18 PM
marys 2-1 rockmount 4-5 and the draw is 5-2, not bad prices at all lads

townhall tez
13/01/2012, 9:17 PM
Middleton 1 hall 1