PDA

View Full Version : Attendances 2019

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Nesta99
26/02/2019, 10:26 PM
If UCD hold on its depression all round and sack the manager but you get the two goals and you are already thinking "beat rovers and we are flying"

You mistake us for Cork fans there sbgawa but I get what you are saying, Caulfield body language at half time and Caulfield at full time fits with what you are saying.

I was speaking figuratively about last night and a loss would have had people starting to struggle against doubt that even with the playing panel the new coaching setup wasnt getting full value. Not particularly rational that would have been when you consider how the table could look with a bit more ruthlessness - hitting the woodwork 4 times in 3 games, missing a penalty and creating lots of chances, things that usually come good as opposed to issues with not creating many chances at all. It's a long season, the marathon not a sprint cliché especially with either 9 or 12 points still to play for between each side lol

eitoof
27/02/2019, 10:00 AM
What was the actual crowd in Dalymount Monday night? I was there but didn't hear a figure.

dundalkfc10
27/02/2019, 11:14 AM
We have sold the 500 Rovers sent down for Friday.
More on way to us, going back on sale at 4pm today
We should have 700 I’d say

Any chance of attendance been over 5,000?

Buller
27/02/2019, 11:37 AM
We have sold the 500 Rovers sent down for Friday.
More on way to us, going back on sale at 4pm today
We should have 700 I’d say

Any chance of attendance been over 5,000?

It was 4,622(new official) against Derry with a smaller away crowd, so I'd say we will breech the 5k mark on Friday. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

SkStu
27/02/2019, 12:18 PM
What was the actual crowd in Dalymount Monday night? I was there but didn't hear a figure.

I am pretty sure it was 3,600 or thereabouts.

sidewayspasser
27/02/2019, 6:02 PM
3594 according to Extratime.

Kingswood Rover
27/02/2019, 6:30 PM
Ah without a doubt cant wait, real important game for both, i hope our Management team dont play cagey happy with a point. 700 from Dundalk will certainly give the game some atmosphere.

oriel
27/02/2019, 9:37 PM
That's just the 700 tickets DFC sold in Dundalk, plenty of Dlk fans living / working Dublin who will head out also.

Is the east stand now completely non home designated, meaning fine for anyone to buy a ticket on the night ?

sbgawa
27/02/2019, 9:44 PM
Not sure tbh if you can buy tickets on the night for the east stand.
You could always pay in at the home end if you can't

Nah Nah Nah Nah
28/02/2019, 6:41 AM
2.275 in The Showgrounds on Monday

mcgonigle
28/02/2019, 3:00 PM
League is there for the taking if Dundalk don't sort out who is the ultimate decision maker on footballing issues there..Gill seems to think it's him!

That's not the issue. The stuttering start is due to losing Benson and McEleney in the opening game, coupled by other injuries and atrocious finishing. We've had 33 shots in the 3 first halves with no goals!

marinobohs
28/02/2019, 3:08 PM
Yawn, you never get tired of repeating yourself, I'm sure you find yourself amusing, I know you do amuse me.
Most commentators on the league would agree with me and maybe include pats or cork. Hence my attention on DFC.

Most commentators certainly do not maintain the League is between Dundalk and shams, in fact nobody does as even you recognize by (belatedly) including Cork and Pats.
Your original post - which I quoted, didn’t even “maybe” include them hence my amusement at your delusions of adequacy.

dundalkfc10
28/02/2019, 7:27 PM
Not sure tbh if you can buy tickets on the night for the east stand.
You could always pay in at the home end if you can't

Club confirmed tickets also available on the night. Should be a great atmosphere

RathfarnhamHoop
28/02/2019, 10:30 PM
That's just the 700 tickets DFC sold in Dundalk, plenty of Dlk fans living / working Dublin who will head out also.

Is the east stand now completely non home designated, meaning fine for anyone to buy a ticket on the night ?

No just the North end of it is. South end is closed to everyone unless the main and south stands sell out in which case it may be opened to home fans. Tickets are just being sold on a home and away basis (ie not for specific stands as it used to be) just now though so it could be that the south end of the East Stand will be opened to home fans on Friday but it won't be opened to away fans, the standard away allocation covers the required away allocation anyway so no reason to expand it.

EatYerGreens
01/03/2019, 9:58 AM
Club confirmed tickets also available on the night. Should be a great atmosphere

Another game that should be on telly :(

Shearer
01/03/2019, 8:01 PM
1,051 at Bray Vs Limerick.

Nesta99
01/03/2019, 8:11 PM
1,051 at Bray Vs Limerick.

Thats decent! They were hardly getting that when Vray had a side that was in the mic for Europe..

ToberonaTornado
01/03/2019, 9:13 PM
[4167 @ tallaght

big dundalk crowd up.

https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status/1101603789956702208

pineapple stu
01/03/2019, 9:16 PM
Looked about 1000-1100 in the Bowl tonight.

Suspect it will be a lot lower for Harps though

Shearer
01/03/2019, 9:18 PM
Thats decent! They were hardly getting that when Vray had a side that was in the mic for Europe..
Especially at 15 f*cking quid in the gate

ToberonaTornado
01/03/2019, 9:20 PM
[4167 @ tallaght

big dundalk crowd up.

rovers gave the 4176 and have just now upgraded the attendance to 4705

https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers/status/1101607476233932800

Asterix
01/03/2019, 9:47 PM
Yeah 4705 sound right, no way it was less than the Derry game. fair play to Dundalk fans , wasn't expecting that many to come down.

D24Saint
01/03/2019, 10:06 PM
Very hard to judge in the bowl but a rouge guesstimate would be 800.

Kingswood Rover
01/03/2019, 10:23 PM
Yeah 4705 sound right, no way it was less than the Derry game. fair play to Dundalk fans , wasn't expecting that many to come down.
Thought it was way more than the Derry game tbh,

nigel-harps1954
01/03/2019, 10:39 PM
Around about 2,500 in Finn Park at a guess. Good crowd from Sligo. Around 350 or so.

redarmyfaction
01/03/2019, 10:58 PM
Around about 2,500 in Finn Park at a guess. Good crowd from Sligo. Around 350 or so.
I thought there was a lot less that 2.5K but then I don't know the ground well enough to contradict you, a lot from Sligo abandoned plans to travel there was torrential rain here earlier and they were afraid of exposure to elements in the away.

nigel-harps1954
01/03/2019, 11:13 PM
2,031 official attendance. So 2,500 wouldn't be too far off. A lot of kids there tonight again. Kids go free initiative going well for the club.

Real ale Madrid
01/03/2019, 11:25 PM
2,847 in Turners Cross. Fairly miserable night.

White Horse
01/03/2019, 11:32 PM
Much more enjoyable (and dry!) viewing position for away fans in Tallaght this season.
There did seem to be a bit of overcrowding and it took the Guards and stewards some time to open an extra section so that dangerous crowding on stairwells could be cleared. The singing stand behind the goal seemed pretty full, but very quiet.

Ezeikial
01/03/2019, 11:47 PM

How does that compare with last seasons average?

ToberonaTornado
02/03/2019, 12:37 AM
Seen 1097 Shels v Cabo
Waterford v Bohs 2415

Nesta99
02/03/2019, 3:37 AM

The old adage that none of us should criticise other clubs attandances does fit here buuut its not so long ago that Cork fans on various fora were critical of attendances at other clubs and that the crowd in Turners Cross would never fell below 3.5k unless it was midweek against some clubs or clashed with another event in the City. Thats a 25% fall off in 'hardcore' support from a peak of the last 4 seasons. Was there another big event in the City or are there quite a few disgruntled floating of fickle fans? That figure is around what I would hope Dundalk's season average would be stable at so not intending to seem critical, its certainly not at the sort of level what many Cork fans would present expect. You'd have to be disappointed considering its early in the season, good opposition etc. If that trend continues would the finances be impacted as i'd imagine at minimum a 3k average gate would be expected. I know its a one off night attendance but its a big change from the generally top league attandance of most match nights in Turners Cross.

As mentioned its based on an impression rather than looking closely at figures but league wise attendances so far seem up. Thats 2 1st Division games over 1000 tonight and Pats and Derry have been getting great crowds just as examples.

dundalkfc10
02/03/2019, 5:48 AM
The old adage that none of us should criticise other clubs attandances does fit here buuut its not so long ago that Cork fans on various fora were critical of attendances at other clubs and that the crowd in Turners Cross would never fell below 3.5k unless it was midweek against some clubs or clashed with another event in the City. Thats a 25% fall off in 'hardcore' support from a peak of the last 4 seasons. Was there another big event in the City or are there quite a few disgruntled floating of fickle fans? That figure is around what I would hope Dundalk's season average would be stable at so not intending to seem critical, its certainly not at the sort of level what many Cork fans would present expect. You'd have to be disappointed considering its early in the season, good opposition etc. If that trend continues would the finances be impacted as i'd imagine at minimum a 3k average gate would be expected. I know its a one off night attendance but its a big change from the generally top league attandance of most match nights in Turners Cross.

As mentioned its based on an impression rather than looking closely at figures but league wise attendances so far seem up. Thats 2 1st Division games over 1000 tonight and Pats and Derry have been getting great crowds just as examples.

Wise up the ****!

Some crowd drom Dundalk, poor guards didn’t know what to do when they seen all the buses coming lol obvs expected our usual 4/500

oriel
02/03/2019, 11:37 AM
[4167 @ tallaght

big dundalk crowd up.

Would any Rovers fans who would be more familiar with this stand, know approx what the figure was for the away support last night ?

micls
02/03/2019, 11:50 AM
Anyone who claim our base was 3.5k is an idiot. I'm skeptical that there was more than one or two making that claim though.

Our base is 2-2.5k. If we're midtable, that will be the average, as per 2013. Its a great base to have, no complaints really but anyone claiming more is delusional.

Last night, no surprise really. A combination of the absolute shambles of last week and an absolutely miserable night. No one who was deciding after work, or who was wavering decided to go. Worst weather at the Cross in a while. Add in no away crowd (compared to an excellent waterford crowd) and I don't think anyone should have been surprised.

Yes, our average support in very successful exciting times will be significantly higher than times of lull. As is true of any team.

oriel
02/03/2019, 12:07 PM
Genuine Q Micls, would the floating Cork support generally go to the St Anne’s end, or maybe that half of the main stand?

I’d imagine the Derrynane stand being quite compact has his usual regs, and shed end would obviously be first choice for the main support, and easiest access into the ground, actually do home fans enter that way also for the main stand?

The crowd last night would have been disappointing for Cork, yet not many would be able to attract over 6k for a big game, even with 500+ away support, so their floating support is big.

A final point and for all clubs, worth noting the avg LOI fan attends probably 2 maybe 3 times more the amount of matches than say county GAA fans go to, their limit could be as low as 4 matches and as high as less than 10 games maybe all year, admittedly much bigger crowds, but still something to consider.

Kingswood Rover
02/03/2019, 12:27 PM
Anyone who claim our base was 3.5k is an idiot. I'm skeptical that there was more than one or two making that claim though.

Our base is 2-2.5k. If we're midtable, that will be the average, as per 2013. Its a great base to have, no complaints really but anyone claiming more is delusional.

Last night, no surprise really. A combination of the absolute shambles of last week and an absolutely miserable night. No one who was deciding after work, or who was wavering decided to go. Worst weather at the Cross in a while. Add in no away crowd (compared to an excellent waterford crowd) and I don't think anyone should have been surprised.

Yes, our average support in very successful exciting times will be significantly higher than times of lull. As is true of any team.
Well reasoned out, i think Rovers would be the same we have been average enough in the last 3 or so season on the pitch only time will tell with this season. If we are doing well and Cork slip then we will have the best attendance figs for the year but similarily if we are mid table our hard core is 2-2.5k.

Kingswood Rover
02/03/2019, 12:31 PM
Would any Rovers fans who would be more familiar with this stand, know approx what the figure was for the away support last night ?
I would say it was 800 minimum i think the fact that you could get a ticket at the ground encouraged some of the Dublin based fans. I hope the club adopt the same policy for Bohs and Pats as they potentially would bring 1200 15 euro's into our fund for the project

micls
02/03/2019, 1:21 PM
Genuine Q Micls, would the floating Cork support generally go to the St Anne’s end, or maybe that half of the main stand?

I’d imagine the Derrynane stand being quite compact has his usual regs, and shed end would obviously be first choice for the main support, and easiest access into the ground, actually do home fans enter that way also for the main stand?

The crowd last night would have been disappointing for Cork, yet not many would be able to attract over 6k for a big game, even with 500+ away support, so their floating support is big.

A final point and for all clubs, worth noting the avg LOI fan attends probably 2 maybe 3 times more the amount of matches than say county GAA fans go to, their limit could be as low as 4 matches and as high as less than 10 games maybe all year, admittedly much bigger crowds, but still something to consider.

Generally the St Anne's is the last to fill. Most of the Derrynane and Shed would be mostly regulars. When theres not many away fans they get the far corner of the Derrynane, like Derry last night. Top half of Donie Forde would be regulars. When it's raining like last night, bottom half of Donie gets soaked, so that's empty. A few would likely have gone to the back of the St. Anne's but not many. First couple of rows of the Derrynane gets wet too, hence those being empty.

There's over 7000 seats, so even when we've hit safe capacity, there's still 1000 empty seats around. Which leads to a lot of misjudgements around crowds.

Partizan
02/03/2019, 1:25 PM

Our hardcore is at about the 200-300 range. They would come even if we were in the MSL. Our casuals are around 1500 or thereabouts with the rest hangers on and glory hunters. Every club has them. To hazard a guess, I'd say that our entire fanbase is around the 4.5k range. That is what we are working from. Last year we averaged about 2,500 attendance at home. We haven't done this since 2003 when Jimmy McGeough was in charge and he brought back the feel good factor. It's great to see but if something went badly wrong or if Lee Power decided to pull the plug in the morning, we could very well be back in the low hundreds like we were back in 2016. We live on a razor's edge. Such is life in our beloved League of Ireland.

Yossarian
02/03/2019, 2:33 PM
I would say it was 800 minimum i think the fact that you could get a ticket at the ground encouraged some of the Dublin based fans. I hope the club adopt the same policy for Bohs and Pats as they potentially would bring 1200 15 euro's into our fund for the project

I thought there was close to 1000 there for us last night. Hopefully the stewards/Guards match planning will be better for the bigger crowd that Bohs will bring as the organisation last night was shambolic. It was clear from 20 mins before the game that there was going to be a very big away support and yet it took until 20 mins into the game until another block was opened and access to another exit was available.

RathfarnhamHoop
02/03/2019, 4:10 PM
I thought there was close to 1000 there for us last night. Hopefully the stewards/Guards match planning will be better for the bigger crowd that Bohs will bring as the organisation last night was shambolic. It was clear from 20 mins before the game that there was going to be a very big away support and yet it took until 20 mins into the game until another block was opened and access to another exit was available.

It was probably 900. The first 5/6 rows had netting on them (for perspective the stand is around 18 deep so that's a good bit), they started to move the nets but I guess because of the rain it was decided to just open the next block instead and very few people actually moved down to those areas, and when the next block was opened the segregation line stayed empty and gaps began to appear in the original allocation, as in not just the stairs and exits cleared but some seats were visible, as i guess some people moved for a better view with those who had to. The stand isn't quite 3,000 its around 2,700 I think so just under half of it filled with the blocked off seats is probably just under 1,000 so 900 seems about right.

oriel
02/03/2019, 5:56 PM
I would say 900-1,000 away support in Tallaght last night was probably spot on, that’s fair enough about the gaps in the first few rows and that was consistent right up to the near the half way line.

This is a trip that suits a lot, LUAS out direct for likes of me working in the city along with dozens of others I’d imagine, then the straightforward trip home via M50/M1 for the majority of other DFC fans.

Nesta99
03/03/2019, 3:24 AM
I would say Dundalk would be about the 1800 range these days. That would jump by about 1k for a big game and then away fans are a bonus that can push attendance above the 3k. Key games later in the season and above 4k is not unlikely. Its a slightly worrying trend that year on year the average drops. If not already being done we need to be working on how to manage as not being in the mix for a title. Bohs - share the wealth of experience aand we can hope that some great pilot study type grants get rolled out league wide one day also!!.

Dare I mention the facility that is Oriel Park, I am not so sure that there would be a significant jump, bar the temporary novelty factor, if a new stand was built. Genuinely would it make that much of a difference to away fans if there was even a cover over the away section never mind a proper stand facility? Not taking in to consideration past experiences, annoyance with stewards, or even distance to travel?

Nesta99
03/03/2019, 3:27 AM
Wise up the ****!

Some crowd drom Dundalk, poor guards didn’t know what to do when they seen all the buses coming lol obvs expected our usual 4/500

Thats probably what a few Dublin club officials were thinking when John Caulfield was passing comment on attendances a couple of season ago!!;)

Martinho II
03/03/2019, 5:06 PM
a reasonable attendance at our game last night- we reckon 676 attended the game. wasnt too many drogheda fans at it and I didnt hear any singing from them either. the bad weather conditions might have put people off I reckon!

slippery dodger
03/03/2019, 11:45 PM
Attendances Series 4:Shamrock v Dundalk 4,705Cork V Derry 2,847Waterford V Bohs 2,415Finn Harps V Sligo Rovers 2,032UCD V St Pats 940Shelbourne V Cabinteely 1,097Bray V Limerick 1,051Longford V Drogheda 676Cobh V Athlone 300Wexford V Galway 242Overall - 16,332.

EatYerGreens
04/03/2019, 12:11 AM
Does anyone have that standard summary list of the attendances by each club over the last few seasons ?

Charlie Darwin
04/03/2019, 1:45 AM
Does anyone have that standard summary list of the attendances by each club over the last few seasons ?
http://www.extratime.ie/articles/22113/extratimeie-league-of-ireland-attendance-report-2018/

Kingswood Rover
04/03/2019, 7:35 AM
just clicked on that attendance link and Rovers first 2 home games have been better attended than their biggest gate v Bohs last season, encouraging.