PDA

View Full Version : Attendances 2019

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Kingswood Rover
30/04/2019, 6:40 PM
How many times have Rovers been involved in the round of fixtures best attended match?

EatYerGreens
30/04/2019, 9:39 PM
Have enquired, and yet to find out where the figure came from. Where'd you get yours from? I've struggled to find it anywhere.

Over Easter I trawled back through 'Domestic Ireland' posts on Twitter, and the LOI page on Facebook for my own spreadsheet. So it would've been one or other of those.

I only used figures which seemed reliable. Estimates I highlight in a different colour, and I hadn't done it for that one - so it had credibility when I picked it up.

That's as much as I can offer by way of verification I'm afraid !

Dalymountrower
03/05/2019, 8:55 AM
Jodi stand sold out for tonight, but there will be a lot of spare tickets for the Des Kelly stand for away fans and "neutrals"

dundalkfc10
03/05/2019, 9:25 AM
Jodi stand sold out for tonight, but there will be a lot of spare tickets for the Des Kelly stand for away fans and "neutrals"

How many tickets do you think we will get next week? We will easily bring 6/700

David BOHie
03/05/2019, 9:53 AM
How many tickets do you think we will get next week? We will easily bring 6/700

Jesus I hope you do. You'll be given the shed which holds about 850-900 people.
The Jodi holds 2750. Total capacity about 3650.

It's a shame we have that capacity and 25% has to go to the away fans due to access but it is what it is.

nigel-harps1954
03/05/2019, 11:07 PM
Harps v UCD - 753

Dalymountrower
04/05/2019, 8:20 AM
3109 in Dalymount to see a tired Bohs team.
Should have played our under19's

ToberonaTornado
11/05/2019, 7:12 PM
Bohs v Dundalk 3535
Cork v UCD 2249
Wexford v Cobh 252

ToberonaTornado
11/05/2019, 8:26 PM
Shelbourne v Athlone Town 817
Longford v Cabo 641

trevy
12/05/2019, 7:13 PM
714 official attendance at RSC which is a terrible crowd and by far our lowest since we were promoted. I've seen various reasons given such as communions, confirmations, today's hurling match and lots of sport on tv this weekend. It must be very hard for the club to budget when there are such bizarre fluctuations in crowds in Waterford.

CorribsideSteve
13/05/2019, 12:30 PM
714 official attendance at RSC which is a terrible crowd and by far our lowest since we were promoted. I've seen various reasons given such as communions, confirmations, today's hurling match and lots of sport on tv this weekend. It must be very hard for the club to budget when there are such bizarre fluctuations in crowds in Waterford.

Sounds pretty much like Galway. I've been in Terryland when 4,000 have been there, and also when 400 have.

ToberonaTornado
17/05/2019, 10:29 PM
cork v dundalk 3334

EatYerGreens
17/05/2019, 11:33 PM
cork v dundalk 3334

Was it not quoted previously as 3,535 ?

Olander
17/05/2019, 11:52 PM
Poor attendance at Terryland tonight, I believe the official attendance was given at just over 700, that seemed about right to me. It was very sparse in the main stand, maybe about 500 there and 200 or so in the Old Stand and scattered around the ground.

Very poor away support from Longford, they're second in the table and only about 30 fans travelled.

nigel-harps1954
17/05/2019, 11:57 PM
Hardly much more than 700 or 800 in Finn Park. About 15 Waterford fans.

ToberonaTornado
18/05/2019, 2:18 AM
Was it not quoted previously as 3,535 ?

?

about 150 from dundalk overall

nigel-harps1954
18/05/2019, 8:13 AM
Hardly much more than 700 or 800 in Finn Park. About 15 Waterford fans.

802 as it turns out

Shearer
18/05/2019, 8:14 AM
Poor attendance at Terryland tonight, I believe the official attendance was given at just over 700, that seemed about right to me. It was very sparse in the main stand, maybe about 500 there and 200 or so in the Old Stand and scattered around the ground.

Very poor away support from Longford, they're second in the table and only about 30 fans travelled.
I spotted the lack of Longford fans alright through the highlights. When we came (Limerick) we brought much more.

pineapple stu
18/05/2019, 8:54 AM
1285 at the Bowl

David BOHie
18/05/2019, 11:15 AM
Be interesting to see how the averages are. Do Cork still have 3000?

Bohs still getting over 3000. Wonder how close they are to Rovers.

EatYerGreens
18/05/2019, 12:35 PM

Only a few miles away. But sadly, no direct tram/bus.

RathfarnhamHoop
18/05/2019, 1:03 PM
Be interesting to see how the averages are. Do Cork still have 3000?

482 behind now. Probably go up with the derby coming up but similarly Rovers still have another home derby which has more room for growth than Bohs home derby

joey B
18/05/2019, 1:43 PM
802 at Finn Park last night.

PartySaint
18/05/2019, 5:16 PM
2,908 in Richmond

marinobohs
18/05/2019, 6:30 PM
2,908 in Richmond

Disappointed at home crowd, there seemed a lot of empty seats at the “Mc Dowells” end. Lovely night for a game and good competitive derby match, to be honest about as good as it gets in terms of attracting punters.

marinobohs
18/05/2019, 6:35 PM
JODI sold out for forthcoming game V shams, and with shams expected to comfortably sell out the DK Stand it’s another full house evening at Dalymount. And weeks in advance too.

PartySaint
18/05/2019, 7:08 PM
Disappointed at home crowd, there seemed a lot of empty seats at the “Mc Dowells” end. Lovely night for a game and good competitive derby match, to be honest about as good as it gets in terms of attracting punters.

Yeah about 2,000 Pats fans, our home crowds will keep getting smaller and smaller as the weeks go due to the horrendous football we play, who can blame them.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/05/2019, 9:13 PM
2,189 tonight

EatYerGreens
18/05/2019, 11:43 PM
2,189 tonight

That's a great crowd, all considered (but a poor game).

Decent number down from Derry too. How many would you reckon - 200 ?

redarmyfaction
19/05/2019, 8:41 AM
That's a great crowd, all considered (but a poor game).

Decent number down from Derry too. How many would you reckon - 200 ?

250 from Derry is my estimate. Wasn't great entertainment , two teams desperate to out compete each other in midfield meant there wasn't one decent passage of play in the while 90+.

marinobohs
19/05/2019, 9:48 AM
Yeah about 2,000 Pats fans, our home crowds will keep getting smaller and smaller as the weeks go due to the horrendous football we play, who can blame them.

Yes, I honestly thought Pats were excellent first 30 mins at Dalymount, really moved the ball well (Dundalk the only team impressed me more this season) but thought they were poor Friday night, too much long ball with little strategy or direction.
Can only judge on games I’ve seen (which means games V Bohs) but judging on that they are regressing rather than progressing. Unless things change they may have a decision to make post season.

David BOHie
19/05/2019, 2:53 PM
482 behind now. Probably go up with the derby coming up but similarly Rovers still have another home derby which has more room for growth than Bohs home derby

Yeah fair points. I actually think with the growth Bohs have seen in their attendances over the last number of years that if we weren't limited by capacity then both Bohs and Rovers would be averaging about 4000 a week with the derby possibly double that.

Bohs have sold out 8 of their 9 home games. Derry we had to turn home fans away. Against UCD we had home fans in the away end. Most importantly though we could have double our capacity for Rovers too.

I'd expect Rovers to finish roughly 1000 ahead of Bohs come the end of the year but gap in the new Dalyer will be nominal, be it Rovers or Bohs ahead by a few dozen.

RathfarnhamHoop
19/05/2019, 3:10 PM
Yeah fair points. I actually think with the growth Bohs have seen in their attendances over the last number of years that if we weren't limited by capacity then both Bohs and Rovers would be averaging about 4000 a week with the derby possibly double that.

Bohs have sold out 8 of their 9 home games. Derry we had to turn home fans away. Against UCD we had home fans in the away end. Most importantly though we could have double our capacity for Rovers too.

I'd expect Rovers to finish roughly 1000 ahead of Bohs come the end of the year but gap in the new Dalyer will be nominal, be it Rovers or Bohs ahead by a few dozen.

Yeah the insistence on rotating the ground 90 degrees is really hampering Bohs because it makes them completely reliant on the shopping centre development. If they got an extra 15-20 meters of land off the shopping centre then they could be redeveloping the ground now and capacity wouldn't be an issue for long.

nigel-harps1954
19/05/2019, 4:09 PM
Still think it's terrible that a quick job can't be done on exosting parts of the ground to increase capacity. Couple thousand seats lying unused, albeit in a state of disrepair.

RathfarnhamHoop
19/05/2019, 5:19 PM
Still think it's terrible that a quick job can't be done on exosting parts of the ground to increase capacity. Couple thousand seats lying unused, albeit in a state of disrepair.

It's an annoying one alright. It's also odd as a bohs board member said on twitter that the bottom half of the connaught street side is only unusable due to access which is strange as according to DCC documents the land owned by the shopping centre is just the whole tramway end upto the big gate and entrance in the corner so that big gate and the few turnstiles to its right are in theory available to the club to use so I don't get why Bohs cant put away fans in there unless the stand at the top is that unsafe that people aren't allowed under it to get in, which I'd have thought would be easily fixable by knocking down that corner and just blocking off under the rest of that stand.

David BOHie
19/05/2019, 5:44 PM
It's annoying alright. It was deemed an infeasible solution but I'm not 100% sure why. There's talk that the foundation is unsafe and there's talk of access. Maybe it's an issue of both however.

Even six or seven hundred seats would sort out the capacity issues in the short to medium term until the development takes places (which is 18 months away
from starting as currently is projected)

I've been over there a few times. I know it's in bits, little leg room and no roof but at least there's a great view of the pitch.

It would be one of the worst away sections but it wouldn't be the absolute worst. It's not as if the des Kelly stand has much going for it either. There's a worse view there and equally poor facilities, albeit there is somewhat of a roof.

Again, would be a great short term solution

Nesta99
19/05/2019, 5:49 PM
Great view from that side too. It is a pity when there is the demand there. If there is any significant delay to the development then surely the concrete underneath could be reenforced without ridiculous cost, well not so much that it wouldnt pay for itself with an additional minimum 1000 people a few times in one season. What do Bohs fans think would be a potential gate if the 'sold out' signs werent up in the windows at the reduced capacity?

Id say the same for a temporary stand behind the Carrick goal in Oriel for upcoming European games, and the potential additional away support that might attend games around that time of the season. Between mid July and the September game v Rovers there are 2 home European games minimum, hopefully more as CLQR 1 and 2 could be played in Oriel and possibly QR3 in EL depending on opposition. Demand will be much greater than reduced seated capacity so potentialy 3 games alone would be an approx additiona €60k in gates (based on 1k stand and €20 per ticket), add the Rovers game if it is still a crunch domestic game and its another 10-20k depending on pricing etc. Surely enough to cover the cost. If's and buts I know and maybe there are more stringent regulation than there were in the past. It would be erected on a solid base which was the main requirement for dispensation on tempoary seating. It could be less cost than renting Tallaght again depending on opposition and demand. If we were going to sell out Tallaght for the European games then its a different story of course.

outspoken
20/05/2019, 6:44 AM
Said it a few times this year but I genuinely think the sold out signs are doing Bohs wonders. Everyone wants a ticket to something they can't get. If they had an extra 1000 seats would they fill them? Or more to the point would they fill enough of them to cover the cost of extra seating? For the derby of course they would, for Finn Harps etc I highly doubt it

redobit
20/05/2019, 9:09 AM
It's annoying alright. It was deemed an infeasible solution but I'm not 100% sure why. There's talk that the foundation is unsafe and there's talk of access. Maybe it's an issue of both however.

Even six or seven hundred seats would sort out the capacity issues in the short to medium term until the development takes places (which is 18 months away

I've been over there a few times. I know it's in bits, little leg room and no roof but at least there's a great view of the pitch.

It would be one of the worst away sections but it wouldn't be the absolute worst. It's not as if the des Kelly stand has much going for it either. There's a worse view there and equally poor facilities, albeit there is somewhat of a roof.

Where are away fans in Dalymount these days. Probably heading to the game this coming Friday.

marinobohs
20/05/2019, 2:01 PM
Where are away fans in Dalymount these days. Probably heading to the game this coming Friday.

Des Kelly Stand (Peters Road). If there are tickets available there wouldn't be a problem with Sligo fans going in the Jodi Stand but the bulk of your support will be in the Des Kelly Stand.

On a wider note, as Bohs no longer own the ground (Dublin City Council do) we will not be doing any major work on it. the Council are responsible and I suspect any work they do will be fairly minimal (H&S, necessary tidying up, maintenance etc). Our gates this season have totally exceeded expectation but it is very unlikely we will be able to expand capacity by any great amount. Connaught Street side (opposite the JODI) is unsafe and would require major work to get a safety certificate and the shopping centre end, well lets not go there ! May well be a case of plodding along until the redevelopment of Dalymount happens.Pity not to be able to maximize on increased interest but some of it is football tourists (welcome but not a basis for investment) and some resulting from good team performance and general LOI crowd 'bounce'. again, all welcome but none the basis for investment.

dundalkfc10
20/05/2019, 2:34 PM
Many Bohs expected to in Oriel tonight.

Hopefully you have a big crowd like last time (Ive been informed the toilets are open for ya)

David BOHie
20/05/2019, 2:59 PM

Great view from that side too. It is a pity when there is the demand there. If there is any significant delay to the development then surely the concrete underneath could be reenforced without ridiculous cost, well not so much that it wouldnt pay for itself with an additional minimum 1000 people a few times in one season. What do Bohs fans think would be a potential gate if the 'sold out' signs werent up in the windows at the reduced capacity?

I'm keeping a little tracker for attendances for Bohs this season. Our average so far is 3190. If we had a bigger stadium two things would happen.
1) More people would be inclined to go because toilets are better, seats will be bigger, stadium newer, better view etc etc
2) We would physically be able to hold more people because we have sold out 8 of our 9 matches.

With both of these in mind, had we been in our new 6,000 seater stadium at the start of this year I reckon our average would be 3763.
So we'd have about 573 more.

David BOHie
20/05/2019, 3:00 PM
You'll be in the Des Kelly stand

marinobohs
20/05/2019, 3:17 PM
Many Bohs expected to in Oriel tonight.

Hopefully you have a big crowd like last time (Ive been informed the toilets are open for ya)

Not sure, home again next Friday (Pats game last Friday also a Dublin fixture) and the club ran a well attended fundraiser last night in Vicar street.Having said that a lot nicer evening than our previous visit but still expect a lower crowd.

Nesta99
20/05/2019, 7:16 PM
I'm keeping a little tracker for attendances for Bohs this season. Our average so far is 3190. If we had a bigger stadium two things would happen.
1) More people would be inclined to go because toilets are better, seats will be bigger, stadium newer, better view etc etc
2) We would physically be able to hold more people because we have sold out 8 of our 9 matches.

With both of these in mind, had we been in our new 6,000 seater stadium at the start of this year I reckon our average would be 3763.

3747 might just be enough for the Big Club!

RathfarnhamHoop
20/05/2019, 9:08 PM

Just pick that number at random did you?

You've also got to factor in that a lot of tourist football fans online asking about going to a LOI game are being pointed towards Bohs because of Dalymounts historical significance. Post redevelopment that's gone so you might lose some of them.

Shearer
20/05/2019, 9:22 PM
512 in Bray

centre mid
20/05/2019, 9:43 PM
512 in Bray

Not bad for a Monday night

ToberonaTornado
20/05/2019, 11:17 PM
Dundalk v Bohs - 2312

RathfarnhamHoop
20/05/2019, 11:35 PM