PDA

View Full Version : Leinster Senior Cup 2018/19

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

littlebray
27/12/2018, 11:42 PM
Oh no, here he comes again ...

The LFA have made slight improvements in their publicity for their oldest and most senior competition: the Preliminary and First Round draws were indeed posted in a timely manner on their website.
But there the matter rests.
The same is true, sadly, of Extratime, whose attention to detail has declined considerably (don't even think of trying to piece together the under age competitions for last season on that site: they fell off the table at some point).
I came across a Second Round draw elsewhere, and a reference to a third round match in a club website.
Here's the state of play so far. Any additions and/or corrections welcome.

Preliminary Round
Hanover Harps (Carlow) 3-0 Tallaght City (LFL) (14 Oct)
[Simon O'Shea, Mark Davis, Alan Shaw]
Trim Celtic (NEFL) 2-0 Suncroft AFC (Kildare) (02 Sep)
[Colm Carney 2]
Ashford Rovers (Wicklow) 5-1 Monksland United (CCFL) (16 Sep)
[Jack Geraghty (2), Robbie Eyre (2), Evan Dunne; ?]

First Round
Kilbarrack United (LSL) 2-0 Harding IF FC (UCFL) (24 Aug)
[Alan Clarke 15, Anto McKay 80]
Usher Celtic (AUL) 0-4 North End United (Wexford) (18 Sep)
Hanover Harps v Ashford Rovers
Evergreen FC (Kilkenny) 4-0 Trim Celtic (14 Oct)
[????; (Sean FitzGerald, Anto Burke s/o)]

Second Round
Evergreen 0-1 Ayrfield United (10 Dec)
[Mick Mooney 59]
Sheriff YC v Hanover Harps/Ashford Rovers
North End United 2-1 Kilbarrack United (09 Dec)
[Gary Dempsey 46, Adam Byrne 57 og; Anthony McKay 61 pen]

Third Round ("to be played in January", including)
Ayrfield United v North End United

Happy Nerd Year to all!

nigel-harps1954
28/12/2018, 9:27 AM
It's sad what's become of Extratime. Used to be my go-to for most things LOI related, but it's sadly declined greatly this past two or three years.

Gareth and Co put in a huge amount of effort in keeping the show on the road, but even the official league site has overtaken it in terms of quality content.

Nesta99
28/12/2018, 5:02 PM
Probably like us all dedicated LoI fans we grow up and have things like family committments to interfere with our obsession and maybe thats whats happened with ET.ie.

Thanks for the post littleBray, as much as the LSC gets maligned and is really a run out for the young lads at senior clubs I do have a fondness for the competition, that and the tropy isnt a cheap piece of tin (it and the FAI Cup) when you do get your hands on it. Pity the LFA dont do a bit more with the competition as it one of the few times that smaller junior clubs get to play senior opposition whereas you regulalry see the same junior names in the FAI Cup draws.

Poor Student
29/12/2018, 1:25 PM
It's sad what's become of Extratime. Used to be my go-to for most things LOI related, but it's sadly declined greatly this past two or three years.

Gareth and Co put in a huge amount of effort in keeping the show on the road, but even the official league site has overtaken it in terms of quality content.

Speaking of Gareth, whatever happened to Shelsweb?

It's a funny one. All the LFA have to do is update their website with the draw and results, hard to see why that's beyond them.

pineapple stu
04/01/2019, 1:05 PM
I'm told we're at home to either Crumlin or Malahide.

Drogheda are home to Firhouse Clover. Or Sheriffy YC. Or Hanover Harps or Ashford Rovers.

All dates to be advised at a later date. So not only do we not know when the games will be played, we don't know when we'll know when the games will be played.

The LFA really are a disorganised shambles.

Kingdom
04/01/2019, 1:09 PM
I wonder if the Gary Dempsey who plays for North End is the same Gary Dempsey who played underage for Ireland winning a Euro Ch/ship? He's from that neck of the woods and returned to Waterford some time ago. He wouldn't be beyond that level at his age.

Scrufil
04/01/2019, 2:13 PM
Dundalk must be quaking in their boots they have drawn the mighty Athlone Town! 😆

ForzaForth
04/01/2019, 4:08 PM
The Gary Dempsey that plays for North End is the same as the one who played for Bray, Waterford, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, etc. I'm not certain as to his international career but Wikipedia has him with one appearance at U17 level only.

Kingdom
04/01/2019, 4:24 PM
The Gary Dempsey that plays for North End is the same as the one who played for Bray, Waterford, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, etc. I'm not certain as to his international career but Wikipedia has him with one appearance at U17 level only.

Thanks FF. Pretty sure Gary was on Kerr's U16 squad as one of the boys who benefitted from the age-change that year. Could be wrong though. Would he have been with Joey's at that stage? possibly.

Martinho II
04/01/2019, 4:26 PM

where in wexford is North End forza?thats the tie we will really want! never forget my trip to Enniscorthy a few yrs back to play Shamrock Rovers( Enniscorthy version_!

pineapple stu
04/01/2019, 4:26 PM
Apparently not - see group C

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_UEFA_European_Under-16_Championship_squads

ForzaForth
04/01/2019, 4:45 PM
Marty, North End's pitch is just behind St. Peter's College and very close to the Wexford Park GAA grounds so it's more or less in the middle of the town. Has a decent slope on it.

Kingdom
04/01/2019, 4:47 PM
Apparently not - see group C

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_UEFA_European_Under-16_Championship_squads

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0914/993796-three-years-after-u16-european-gold-my-career-was-over/

He was injured pre-tournament.

Martinho II
04/01/2019, 4:47 PM
Marty, North End's pitch is just behind St. Peter's College and very close to the Wexford Park GAA grounds so it's more or less in the middle of the town. Has a decent slope on it.

thats great to hear so if I decide to stay over in Wexford its bang in the centre of town!more accessible than Wexford FC!

littlebray
04/01/2019, 9:44 PM
Sorry to be late with this, the Fourth Round was apparently drawn yesterday afternoon, sources suggest! I thought I had posted it late last night, but evidently not. The Third Round remains shrouded in mystery.

Third Round (?inc)
Crumlin United v Malahide United
Firhouse Clover/Sheriff YC v Hanover Harps/Ashford Rovers*
Killester Donnycarney FC v Bluebell United
* Checking ties

Fourth Round
Shelbourne v Bohemians
Cabinteely FC v Bray Wanderers
UCD v Crumlin United/Malahide United
Dundalk v Athlone Town
Ayrfield United/North End United v Longford Town
St Patricks Athletic v Wexford
Firhouse/Sheriff/Hanover/Ashford v Drogheda United
Killester Donnycarney FC/Bluebell United v Shamrock Rovers

No dates for any of these yet ... of course.

Martinho II
05/01/2019, 3:33 PM
Ayrefield Utd where in Dublin are they does anyone know?

RathfarnhamHoop
05/01/2019, 3:44 PM
Ayrefield Utd where in Dublin are they does anyone know?

Out by darndale I think. Halfway between Clontarf and Portmarnock.

marinobohs
06/01/2019, 8:35 AM
Out by darndale I think. Halfway between Clontarf and Portmarnock.

Out the Malahide Road (from Fairview) turn right at Darndale Roundabout towards Donameade. You can access it through Raheny or Clontarf as well but Malahide Road is probably easiest for anyone unfamiliar with the area. Atrefeild itself is a housing scheme, the club play at Blundell Road.

Shearer
06/01/2019, 10:36 PM
Sheriff, North End and Ayrfield are all Junior aren't they?
Are they invited in?

sbgawa
07/01/2019, 3:31 PM
Sorry to be late with this, the Fourth Round was apparently drawn yesterday afternoon, sources suggest! I thought I had posted it late last night, but evidently not. The Third Round remains shrouded in mystery.

Third Round (?inc)
Crumlin United v Malahide United
Firhouse Clover/Sheriff YC v Hanover Harps/Ashford Rovers*
* Checking ties

Fourth Round
Shelbourne v Bohemians
UCD v Crumlin United/Malahide United
Dundalk v Athlone Town
Ayrfield United/North End United v Longford Town
Firhouse/Sheriff/Hanover/Ashford v Drogheda United

No dates for any of these yet ... of course.

A Tallaght Derby assuming Bluebell make it past Killester , which they should.
Shoudl be good fun and good day out for all concerned.

PartySaint
07/01/2019, 4:13 PM

Bluebell aren't from Tallaght...

Surprisingly enough, they're from Bluebell

Martinho II
07/01/2019, 4:15 PM
Sheriff, North End and Ayrfield are all Junior aren't they?
Are they invited in?

we played sheriff in this competition out by clontarf dart station in 2014! dont know why sheriff arent in it unless sheriff have gone up a level. the ones that know their non league here might answer that question on why sheriff arent in it this year?

sbgawa
07/01/2019, 4:40 PM
Bluebell aren't from Tallaght...

Surprisingly enough, they're from Bluebell

Got me there :)
West Dublin derby

pineapple stu
07/01/2019, 5:00 PM
we played sheriff in this competition out by clontarf dart station in 2014! dont know why sheriff arent in it unless sheriff have gone up a level. the ones that know their non league here might answer that question on why sheriff arent in it this year?
Sheriff are in it this year. They're one of four teams who have been drawn to play Drogheda.

Seems a bit unfair on Drogheda, but there you go.

I presume multiball will operate.

Kingdom
07/01/2019, 5:04 PM

The Luas derby!

Charlie Darwin
09/01/2019, 11:44 PM
Well going up to intermediate level wouldn't make them any more a senior team. Senior hasn't applied to any LFA teams since the LOI was formed - it's just a holdover like Leinster Senior League.

hollocaine
27/01/2019, 3:15 PM
3 of the 3rd round games played this week. One more 3rd round game left to be played...

Third Round
Ayrfield United 1-2 North End United
Crumlin United 5-0 Malahide United
Sheriff YC 4-0 Hanover Harps

Fourth Round
Shelbourne v Bohemians
UCD v Crumlin United
Dundalk v Athlone Town
North End United v Longford Town
Sheriff YC v Drogheda United

Martinho II
27/01/2019, 4:07 PM
3 of the 3rd round games played this week. One more 3rd round game left to be played...

Third Round
Ayrfield United 1-2 North End United
Crumlin United 5-0 Malahide United
Sheriff YC 4-0 Hanover Harps

Fourth Round
Shelbourne v Bohemians
UCD v Crumlin United
Dundalk v Athlone Town
North End United v Longford Town
Sheriff YC v Drogheda United

had forgotten completely hollocaine that we are playing north end utd in wexford.. with me being off long term sick at present will have to do an overnighter!

Charlie Darwin
27/01/2019, 4:47 PM
had forgotten completely hollocaine that we are playing north end utd in wexford.. with me being off long term sick at present will have to do an overnighter!
You forgot that pretty quickly considering it was only confirmed about 4 o'clock.

Martinho II
28/01/2019, 4:08 PM
You forgot that pretty quickly considering it was only confirmed about 4 o'clock.

any idea when these games are being played charlie?

outspoken
28/01/2019, 4:33 PM

It's the LSC, not even the organisers know

Charlie Darwin
28/01/2019, 11:18 PM
As outspoken says, they could be played any time. I think there was a four or five month gap between the first and last fourth round game to be played last year. As North End are on a winter season I suspect they'll want to get it played soon before their league hots up, and that will suit Longford, so it'll probably be right before the season starts or on a Monday in the first couple of weeks. With some of the all-LOI games, it could be a few months until they're played.

dundalkfc10
30/01/2019, 7:00 AM
Our game V Wexford is on the Mon 19th Feb in Oriel

ToberonaTornado
30/01/2019, 7:14 AM
Our game V Wexford is on the Mon 19th Feb in Oriel

de Athlone town i'm sure, and on Monday the 18th of Feb @7:45pm in Oriel ;)

Charlie Darwin
30/01/2019, 8:34 AM
de Athlone town i'm sure, and on Monday the 18th of Feb @7:45pm in Oriel ;)
I assume he's talking about next year's.

ToberonaTornado
30/01/2019, 1:29 PM
I assume he's talking about next year's.

dat u dragos?

nu fonas,how dis

D24Saint
18/02/2019, 2:14 PM
Playing Wexford tonight in Richmond, Harry said he will give a run out to anyone that didn’t start last Friday.

PartySaint
18/02/2019, 4:54 PM
Playing Wexford tonight in Richmond, Harry said he will give a run out to anyone that didn’t start last Friday.

And Forrester

MattB11
18/02/2019, 8:40 PM
Dundalk 0-1 Athlone

sidewayspasser
18/02/2019, 8:50 PM
That must be Athlone's first competitive win in over a year (ignoring the win that was awarded to them when Wexford fielded an ineligible player).

pineapple stu
18/02/2019, 8:56 PM
On the bench for Athlone was number 20, Ga-Ga Carmowdch-Ta-Vway

Either that, or someone's cat walked over the laptop while the teamsheets were being printed.

Jack B
18/02/2019, 9:21 PM
What sort of team did Dundalk have out? Some result all the same.

Fairly routine 3-0 win over Wexford for us tonight with an almost completely different starting eleven from the Cork game (Webster and Forrester the only exceptions). Cracking goal from Git to open the scoring and you can tell how much it meant to him, he's been slowly getting back into the swing of things so far so hopefully that'll do him a world of good.

D24Saint
18/02/2019, 9:21 PM
Won 3-0 a cracker from forester brought the game to life.

dundalkfc10
18/02/2019, 9:23 PM
Nobody that started Friday played but Cleary, Foley, Jarvis (at left back) Dan Kelly, Flores (went off injured), Georgie Kelly all played

sbgawa
18/02/2019, 9:41 PM
Vinnie out :)

Ezeikial
18/02/2019, 9:42 PM
Nobody that started Friday played but Cleary, Foley, Jarvis (at left back) Dan Kelly, Flores (went off injured), Georgie Kelly all played

Anyone with a low embarrassment threshold, would be likely to be red-faced around the performance tonight

Apart from the above 6 players (Cleary, Folan, Jarvis, Daniel Kelly, Flores and Georgie Kelly) Aaron McCarey was in goals. The better performances came from Aaron McNally at right back and Dylan Hand in midfield.

dundalkfc10
18/02/2019, 9:45 PM
It was a poor performance. If McGraths fit none will start Friday anyway

D24Saint
18/02/2019, 9:58 PM
Has Ross Treacy not gone up the pecking order with Sava gone ? See he was only on the bench tonight.

dundalkfc10
18/02/2019, 10:28 PM
McCarey has basically been signed since the summer, only joined in Jan (was playing with Warrenpoint)
We were told by everyone he would challenge Rogers

He won’t on tonight’s performance

joey B
18/02/2019, 11:19 PM
Athlone's first competitive win in 18 months!