PDA

View Full Version : A meeting with dolan on sun 13th

Pages : [1] 2

ccfcgirl
08/03/2005, 6:16 PM
To say thanks its in the Woodford ,i read it on Cork citys offical website.Agreat way to say thanks to him

jofyisgod
08/03/2005, 6:23 PM
To say thanks its in the Woodford ,i read it on Cork citys offical website.Agreat way to say thanks to him

It's in the forums lads, not the main page, if you were looking for it.

eurosaint
08/03/2005, 9:15 PM
Its sound like a desperate act by a desperate man.What other club holds a farewell nite for a manager whos just been sacked????? :confused:

thecorner
08/03/2005, 9:17 PM
Its sound like a desperate act by a desperate man.What other club holds a farewell nite for a manager whos just been sacked????? :confused:

and why would you think the club are holding it :confused: :confused: :confused:

pete
08/03/2005, 9:18 PM
Dolan did good job, some great memories from euro trip but best just to depart when time is up. Doesn't mean i wouldn't wish him all the best or shake his hand if saw him at eL game this season.

tierney2002#1
09/03/2005, 9:41 AM
A Drogs supporter here, was Dolan popular with Cork fans?

patsh
09/03/2005, 10:22 AM
A Drogs supporter here, was Dolan popular with Cork fans?
Definitely. He knows how to play to his audience, but outside of that, he was always willing to stop and talk to fans, knew the importance of good support and, behind all the bullsh!t and bluster, is a very decent guy and a gentleman.

razor
09/03/2005, 11:07 AM
Always seemed like a genuine chap but all the bull and crap he spouted just got on my nerves. In the end I couldn't read any interview with him, cos it used to annoy me.
You can't beat his drive and enthusiasm and his love for the League.
Anyone know who has organised this night ?
Seems a tad strange to be honest.

James
09/03/2005, 11:41 AM
Concept Advertising.
A Cork based PR firm are organising it afaik

www.conceptads.ie

patsh
09/03/2005, 11:51 AM
Concept Advertising.
A Cork based PR firm are organising it afaik

www.conceptads.ie (http://www.conceptads.ie)
Will there be a charge so?

Colm
09/03/2005, 11:56 AM
Will there be a charge so?

I'd be very surprised if there was.

razor
09/03/2005, 11:58 AM
That PR Firm ain't doing it for the good of their health.

Colm
09/03/2005, 11:59 AM
That PR Firm ain't doing it for the good of their health.

That's true I suppose but Dolan's got a lot of friends in the world of business so they may be doing it as a favour for him. I can't see Dolan charging City fans money to meet with him.

observer
09/03/2005, 12:34 PM
To me as an outsider this seems crazy. :confused: It gives the opportunity for sh-t stirrers to get a platform. Would keep miles away from it if I was a cork fan. Stick with the meeting with Lennox and Rico - that is moving forward, the rest is history.

Éanna
09/03/2005, 12:41 PM
Whats done is done. I don't see much of a point in this kind of thing. We should be moving on, not dwelling on things

thecorner
09/03/2005, 5:01 PM
Whats done is done. I don't see much of a point in this kind of thing.

of course u wouldnt :rolleyes:

Fair_play_boy
09/03/2005, 8:51 PM
Its sound like a desperate act by a desperate man.What other club holds a farewell nite for a manager whos just been sacked????? :confused:1. In Cork, often we don't follow. There is nothing wrong with taking a lead.
2. A lot of managers leave in circumstances where most of the fans are delighted to see the back of him. That is hardly the case here.
3. Agree with Dolan's sacking or not, most CCFC fans have a lot to be thankful to Pat for, and doing so face-to-face is the best possible way.
4. PD probably needs to assess fans' perception of recent events, to help make sense of the fact that he had to walk the plank just after City's best league performance in a long time. I think the guy is hurting badly and wants reassurance that he is not being thought of as a scumbag by us. I am well on for that and will try to be there.

Counting Crow
10/03/2005, 9:41 AM
Have to say I'm very scepticale about this (agree with Razor and Eanna).

A week before the season begins - just hope there is no $hit stirring at it and Dolan is man enough to walk away now with dignity.
If people are wound up and turned against the Club as a result of this meeting and anything said at it then shame on Dolan and whoever organised it.

I would have no respect whatsoever for the man again if this happens. If he has a bone to pick with Lennox then do it just with him (or through his solicitors etc).

To undermine the Club by stirring things up is kust getting into the players heads, affecting their performances and as a result getting at us the supporters - the very ones he claims to admire so much.

Just hope the players steer clear of this as THAT would most definately cause problems for Rico.

JDB
10/03/2005, 12:08 PM
I have to say this doesn't seem right: a PR firm organising a meet and greet with Cork City fans and the clubs EX-manager. He's not getting his job back so what's PD going to do? Start a new club in Cork and steal away a bunch of fans. If it's really just a casual get together why get a PR firm involved? Maybe he's trying to bolster his case against Cork City by pointing to the outpouring of public support for him. I'll miss Pat and I'm disappointed he's gone but Cork City FC has had success in the past and I'm sure we will again in the near future. Looking forward to some answers on Friday night.

eurosaint
11/03/2005, 10:13 AM
Hes not having it in the Rochestown Pk Hotel - maybes he not welcome there for some reason ;)

Counting Crow
11/03/2005, 2:34 PM
I'm afraid I feel even more suspicious now about this carry on.
Just saw the add in tonight's Echo.

Have to say that it smacks of a man with a major ego kicking in.

It says: "If you would like the the opportunity to thank Pat Dolan for all he has done for Cork City over the past 2 years then ..... blah, blah, blah"

If it had said that "He wanted to thank us, the fans, for supporting him through the many poor games and frustrating slumps (that cost us the title last season, BTW)" then it might seem a bit more palatable, but asking us to go along and thank him........

.......give me a break please. Yes he raised the profile of the Club to a new level and brought in some good players to the squad but (whisper it) we won f**k all in the two years and got embarrased in the cups by inferior teams.

Yes we had a great run in the Inter Toto Cup but we got out of jail in several League games thanks to the skill of the players more so that any tactical brilliance by the big man.

MESSAGE TO PAT:
Pat - you certainly brought some good times to the Club and for that we will be always grateful. Don't spoil it all now by trying to destroy the club you "professed to love" through this irresponsible carry on. We didn't do this for Davey Barry, or Noel O'Mahoney (the only managers to bring silverware to the Club), so I don't see any reason to do this now for you.

Smells of serious $hit stirring IMO :mad:

razor
11/03/2005, 2:39 PM
The more I am hearing about Dolan post sacking the less I like the man.
I agree entirely Crow this smells bad and can only harm the club.
Pat, go now and graciously.

exile
11/03/2005, 2:49 PM
he was at the city match against cobh last nite too does anyone else feel that while it might not be intentional it is undermining rico

Counting Crow
11/03/2005, 2:59 PM
Completely agree Exile.

This must be difficult for Rico. It's like somefellow going out with a new girlfriend yet having her ex turning up constantly around the place.

For those who are pro Dolan, hopefully they will see sense to back Rico and the players going forward as, to do anything else, will only hurt our chances of winning something this season.

Dolan's situation cannot be lumbered on Rico's shoulders - he's only doing a job.

Dricky
11/03/2005, 3:10 PM
I can't understand why there is such a belief that Pat made us brilliant, it happened to coincide with us going Full time professional which in its self would mean we would improve dramatically. That is down to the work of the whole team back room staff management and all not just Pat.

It gauls me to think people are giving all the credit to him.

Brian Lennox set us up then set us up Full time professional where is his thanks????????

exile
11/03/2005, 3:23 PM
it will be very interesting to see what lennox has to say to him tonight unfortunatly il be in dublin but being an exile at the moment is kinda a blessing in disguise there is so much anomisity between the dolan and lennox camps at the moment im suprised their hasnt been a civil war in cork everything just seems a little sinster when looking in from dublin

can anyone that will be at the lennox forum tonite post the gist of what he said

Counting Crow
11/03/2005, 3:25 PM
I can't understand why there is such a belief that Pat made us brilliant, it happened to coincide with us going Full time professional which in its self would mean we would improve dramatically. That is down to the work of the whole team back room staff management and all not just Pat.

It gauls me to think people are giving all the credit to him.

Brian Lennox set us up then set us up Full time professional where is his thanks????????

There's a lot of sense being spoken here - well said Dricky

Éanna
11/03/2005, 5:16 PM
I am absolutely disgusted to see that ad in the Echo. Its nothing other than a deliberate attempt to undermine the Chairman and the new manager. I'd love to know who the person behind all this is- whoever you are, stay away from our club, you're not wanted

adamd164
11/03/2005, 5:28 PM
I agree, Éanna, this is nothing more than sh*t-stirring. Go and p*ss off whoever you are.

eurosaint
11/03/2005, 5:48 PM
is that there is no love lost between Dolan and Rico,any1 who remembers the battles they had both on and off the pitch when Rico was at Shels will confirm this.IMO Dolan is gonna do this "the fans are all with me and against you" act which he loves.Dont be surprised to find him at games in the Cross,trying to get more attention than the team itself,then suddenly out of the blue appear as manager or CEO of Waterford and declare hes a lifelong fan and was actually born down in Tramore!!!!!! Hes a f****n bull**** merchant.He knew better than to try this Farewell to the fans act in Inchicore cos he wud have been run out of it pronto.If I was a Cork fan I wud give this a wide berth bigtime

Dont be surprised if you have to pay into this gig either,Dolan never did nothing unless there was money in it for him

Counting Crow
11/03/2005, 6:26 PM
The sad thing about all this is that Eurosaint, Dodge, Buffalosaint et al, warned us of this 2 years ago .......... but would we listen, nah! :rolleyes:

Éanna
11/03/2005, 6:31 PM
The sad thing about all this is that Eurosaint, Dodge, Buffalosaint et al, warned us of this 2 years ago .......... but would we listen, nah! :rolleyes:
There's a big difference between City and Pats. Our Chairman had a decision to make, and he made it. Pats let the whole circus carry on for ages and nearly destroyed the club in the process. Big difference

Counting Crow
11/03/2005, 6:36 PM
Good point Eanna. ;)

Dr.Nightdub
11/03/2005, 8:02 PM
Eanna, i know you've seen what's been written on the Pats MB so I don't know why persist in comparing the two situations as if they were the same.

Tim O'Flaherty, who was chairman before Andy O'Callaghan, had had a stroke and was therefore unable to take an active role in the running of Pats. At the same time, Dolan was not just team manager, but Managing Director of the club as well. Effectively, there was no-one there who could sack Dolan.

Andy O'Callaghan took over as chairman at the start of June 2002. By mid-February 2003, Dolan was gone. In other words, less than eight months. Not exactly what you'd call fiddling while Inchicore burned.

Éanna
11/03/2005, 11:36 PM
Eanna, i know you've seen what's been written on the Pats MB so I don't know why persist in comparing the two situations as if they were the same.
Thats my point exactly- Pats fans said "he'll do the same to you" and I said he wouldn't, because our chairman wouldn't allow it. And I was right. I'm not having a go off your chairman (past or present) but thats the way its turned out

Citygirl
12/03/2005, 2:05 PM
Have to say that I laughed when I saw the ad in last nights Echo. Sorry now but how sad is that. Yeah Pat Dolan was good when he was here but he's no longer the manager GET OVER IT! Sure why don't we invite Colin Murphy over to Cork and have a big night for him while we are at it. :rolleyes:
I wish Dolan the very best in the future and I'm grateful for what he has done BUT he's gone and that era is over with now. Its time to look to the future and not dwell on the past!

Éanna
12/03/2005, 2:16 PM
Have to say that I laughed when I saw the ad in last nights Echo. Sorry now but how sad is that. Yeah Pat Dolan was good when he was here but he's no longer the manager GET OVER IT! Sure why don't we invite Colin Murphy over to Cork and have a big night for him while we are at it. :rolleyes:
I wish Dolan the very best in the future and I'm grateful for what he has done BUT he's gone and that era is over with now. Its time to look to the future and not dwell on the past!
spot on

GavinZac
12/03/2005, 7:43 PM
MESSAGE TO PAT:
Pat - you certainly brought some good times to the Club and for that we will be always grateful. Don't spoil it all now by trying to destroy the club you "professed to love" through this irresponsible carry on. We didn't do this for Davey Barry, or Noel O'Mahoney (the only managers to bring silverware to the Club), so I don't see any reason to do this now for you.
neither barry or o'mahoney were sacked for "undisclosable" reasons, without a chance to address their fans. and no-ones making you turn up and you arent "doing" this for dolan

razor
12/03/2005, 9:52 PM
like, dolan is gone. time to stop flogging the horse, its dead.This is exactly the problem , Dolan is not gone. He is lingering about like a bad smell and this is not at all good for the club.

without a chance to address their fans.
What difference would a presidential address to his beloved fans have made to Lennox sacking him ? There seems to be a split here between those backing Dolan and those who thought Lennox was right, In my opinion Pat is using this to do all he can to undermine the clubs pre season preparations.
Let it go Pat, Let it go.

Éanna
12/03/2005, 11:21 PM
neither barry or o'mahoney were sacked for "undisclosable" reasons, without a chance to address their fans. and no-ones making you turn up and you arent "doing" this for dolan
What about Derek Mountfield so? Now there was a man who was REALLY shafted. Not one who shafted himself.

This is exactly the problem , Dolan is not gone. He is lingering about like a bad smell and this is not at all good for the club.
agreed.

What difference would a presidential address to his beloved fans have made to Lennox sacking him ? There seems to be a split here between those backing Dolan and those who thought Lennox was right, In my opinion Pat is using this to do all he can to undermine the clubs pre season preparations.
Let it go Pat, Let it go.
spot on razor. Its not doing the club any good, and if Pat is sincere in saying that he wishes us the best, he should take a back seat and stop looking for attention

A face
12/03/2005, 11:29 PM
He is lingering about like a bad smell and this is not at all good for the club.

If he is a bad smell .... then what condition is Liam Murphy in ????

Troy.McClure
12/03/2005, 11:29 PM
Ah, they just covered him in Lynx :D

Éanna
12/03/2005, 11:30 PM
If he is a bad smell .... then what condition is Liam Murphy in ????
cardboard cut-outs don't smell, unless you leave them out overnight and they get damp :eek: :D

Troy.McClure
12/03/2005, 11:34 PM
cardboard cut-outs don't smell, unless you leave them out overnight and they get damp :eek: :D
:D :D

kingcolers
14/03/2005, 11:14 AM
so did anybody go to pat's get-together? what did he say? and was there a cover charge?

SÓC
14/03/2005, 12:13 PM
Went along, no cover charge!

Dolan arrived at around 8.30, went around talking to a few people, shaking hands etc.

About 30 so City fans there. Four players there too.

Think its a real pity about the PR firm and the echo ad, more people might have turned up but for that spin and nonsense. Tis called Astroturfing as someone pointed out

Who organised the whole event?

kingcolers
14/03/2005, 12:19 PM
did dolan make a speech or anything? what was the tone of the whole thing? and what players were there??

JDB
14/03/2005, 12:22 PM
30 City fans - what a joke!! Thankfully City fans are as smart as I thought they were. Adieu Pat.

James
14/03/2005, 12:26 PM
im not sure if all the people got the Connection between Pat and why he needed to use a PR firm. The whole thing was beyond me as i thought the Concept of the whole night was simply to say thanks to pat. nothing more. no need for PR. a crazy 1 if you ask me

niamh
14/03/2005, 12:55 PM
Went along, no cover charge!

Dolan arrived at around 8.30, went around talking to a few people, shaking hands etc.

About 30 so City fans there. Four players there too.

Think its a real pity about the PR firm and the echo ad, more people might have turned up but for that spin and nonsense. Tis called Astroturfing as someone pointed out

Who organised the whole event?

Which four players were there?