PDA

View Full Version : Admit it!

Pages : [1] 2

gustavo
18/02/2005, 12:37 PM
Put here some aspect here of pop culture that every one else thinks is useless but you secretly like . And you cant critizise the choice of others cos thats the whole point , ie they know already you think its rubbish.
to get the ball rolling ill say
- the pop song "Angels" by Robbie Williams is very good

also i saw him at Slane in 99 and he was pretty damn good had the crowd in his back pocket for the duration.

Gary
18/02/2005, 12:43 PM
Apart from being good material for one handed reading, I quite like Girls Aloud.

razor
18/02/2005, 12:46 PM
Club Tropicana - Wham, try keepin me off the dance floor.

sadloserkid
18/02/2005, 12:51 PM
Busted.

It's open to debate who's really playing the songs but there's great melody in places there.

Happily I managed to survive their break up though.

And the American girl I was seeing until recently was absolutely staggered one night by the fact that myself, his brother and one of his mates, scruffy rockers/punkers/whatever to a man were raving about the new Good Charlotte album. Apparently in the U.S. they don't get many male fans. :confused:

tiktok
18/02/2005, 12:55 PM
I quite like Girls Aloud.

Agreed.
Top quality pop music

Oh, and Dee-lite's groove isn in the heart is the best pop tune ever written

Gary
18/02/2005, 12:58 PM
Probably a follow on from liking Girls Aloud, but I also get quite 'into' rubbish like X factor, Youre A Star, Pop Idol etc.

I dont make time to watch them, but certainly enjoy them when I do watch them.

Don Vito
18/02/2005, 12:58 PM
Will Young - Leave right now

Wham - Wake me up before you go go

Westlife - World of our Own (because it was always played back when Tramco was worth goin to......and its a good song)

gustavo
18/02/2005, 12:59 PM
well thats true whoever writes girls alouds songs and markets them should get an award its funny how they are seen as vaguely credible but fair play to them , sound of the underground was great .

gustavo
18/02/2005, 1:01 PM
Westlife - World of our Own (because it was always played back when Tramco was worth goin to......and its a good song)

good to see some1 admitting to liking a westlife song , i know their ballad stuff is total dross but some of the up beat stuff isnt too bad , ie when your looking like that

Gareth
18/02/2005, 1:07 PM
This thread is wrong. It should be closed down and deleted. They are secret likes so that you will not be pointed at and ridiculed in public, which as hard as it is not to, its almost instinctual when you say you like Westlife and Will Young tunes. Secret likes of pop culture would be understanding why Fergal Sharkey had to sing A Good Heart, but not liking the song. Its too much. Please don't hurt your future posting reputation. Open up this pandora's box and next we all will be buying Boyzone's first album and searching frantically for some Barry Manelo.

$Leon$
18/02/2005, 1:09 PM
whats ur problem gareth u've only been on here a week and u just seem to be goin around pickin fights with everyone?
u seem bitter

Gareth
18/02/2005, 1:13 PM
I was posting tongue in cheek :) Sorry if it seemed harsh. Its friday, everyone in the office is on a rant, I felt I needed to share this with the world :) I'm not bitter really.

joeSoap
18/02/2005, 1:25 PM
But you're a $h€l$ fan Gareth....of course theres a little bitterness and anger there.....don't be ashamed!! :D

$Leon$
18/02/2005, 1:26 PM
I was posting tongue in cheek :) Sorry if it seemed harsh. Its friday, everyone in the office is on a rant, I felt I needed to share this with the world :) I'm not bitter really.

gareth u've been on this rant for as long as u've been on foot.ie IE a week

Gareth
18/02/2005, 1:26 PM
I think your mistaking Shels for Cork :)

Gareth
18/02/2005, 1:27 PM
gareth u've been on this rant for as long as u've been on foot.ie IE a week

Stop picking on me .... :)

SÓC
18/02/2005, 1:30 PM
Going to Westlife on Sunday with Mrs. SÓC

pete
18/02/2005, 1:31 PM
I am shocked by this thread. Please no more.

:eek:

Ruairi
18/02/2005, 1:32 PM

how does one type out the sound of a whip being cracked??

Eire06
18/02/2005, 1:34 PM
I love westlife and not one bit ashamed of it....
Anything cheesey and pop goes...
Britney is also one of my favs...

Gareth
18/02/2005, 1:35 PM
Pete, I concur, but to do so is bitter :) Awh its ok, its just the levels of crassness that is being stooped to, its worrying :) 80's classic power ballady muckness is always nostaligically turnoffable :) Who cant say they loved Toto - Africa and them fantastic power ballads from Chicago and Foreigner, Oreo Speed Wagon and Alphaville.

(Leon I am playing along ;))

tetsujin1979
18/02/2005, 1:38 PM
I have Avril Lavigne on my mp3 player and listen to it quite often!

Ruairi
18/02/2005, 1:39 PM
I have Avril Lavigne on my mp3 player and listen to it quite often!

i was just about to post along those lines... i prefer the second album....

Gary
18/02/2005, 1:39 PM

Hmm, that ring, and now you are calling her MRS SOC? I wonder I do, I wonder.

liam88
18/02/2005, 1:41 PM
Hanson......Penny and Me :D

Penny and me tonight ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo oooooo

top notch :D :) :eek: ;)

Peadar
18/02/2005, 1:43 PM
Isn't there a forum for music?

While I'm here I'd better admit to loving Beyonce...

Gareth
18/02/2005, 1:46 PM
I bought a Lighthouse Family album once.

Thats gotta be rate high on admitting things.

gustavo
18/02/2005, 1:54 PM
Isn't there a forum for music?

While I'm here I'd better admit to loving Beyonce...

doesnt have to be music , can be films tv anything!

films i secretly think are brilliant
cool runnings
wizard of oz
sound of music :eek:

Lionel Ritchie
18/02/2005, 1:54 PM
uhm :confused:

hmmm

uh .......

mmmmaybe ...nah

nope ...nothin' ....sorry. :confused:

Colm
18/02/2005, 4:11 PM

Will you bring me too Sean? I can join them on stage for a song! ;)

SÓC
18/02/2005, 4:13 PM
Will you bring me too Sean? I can join them on stage for a song! ;)

Ok deal but can you sing without Wayne or do we have to bring him too?

Colm
18/02/2005, 4:18 PM
Ok deal but can you sing without Wayne or do we have to bring him too?

Yeah we'll have to bring Wayne too, he brings out the best in my singing voice!

They've asked me to replace Brian McFadden already so I might take them up on that offer Sunday! :D

the 12 th man
19/02/2005, 2:24 PM
purple rain by prince :o

Pat O' Banton
19/02/2005, 6:24 PM
Don't actually think either Purple Rain or When Doves Cry are to bad.

I don't know if this is an elaborate trap by members of foot.ie to humiliate me on the world wide web but;

Rachael Stevens - LA Ex
Brittany - Toxic

I think that I admitted to this somewhere here before as well. And this isn't in a hey look at me I'm soooo wacky way that many people did with the Spice Girls I do think both songs are superb.

sligoman
20/02/2005, 12:05 AM
Tainted love-marilyn manson, even though I hate that gob****e :mad:, and that's the only one of his songs I like

Don Vito
21/02/2005, 8:43 AM
This thread is wrong. It should be closed down and deleted. They are secret likes so that you will not be pointed at and ridiculed in public, which as hard as it is not to, its almost instinctual when you say you like Westlife and Will Young tunes. Secret likes of pop culture would be understanding why Fergal Sharkey had to sing A Good Heart, but not liking the song. Its too much. Please don't hurt your future posting reputation. Open up this pandora's box and next we all will be buying Boyzone's first album and searching frantically for some Barry Manelo.

There you go again judging us Gareth..........next thing I know you'll be giving out about my pink shirts and ties.

Macy
21/02/2005, 9:21 AM
Used to think 5 were alright for a boyband. :eek:

With that admission, moved to music...

joey B
21/02/2005, 9:25 AM
Can't get that latest Nelly song out of my head quite catchy.

DolansWaistcoat
21/02/2005, 9:10 PM
went to westlife the same night as ireland vs portugal. glad i was indoors and not out watching that tripe

Troy.McClure
22/02/2005, 12:23 AM
went to westlife the same night as ireland vs portugal. glad i was indoors and not out watching that tripe

Got under the covers of the upper East stand so did ya ;)

Lionel Ritchie
23/02/2005, 11:37 AM
wham - anything really
Paul Young all his stuff
Lionel Richie class

Aw shucks!!!

All togother now folks ...Say you -say me -say for always -naturally

the 12 th man
23/02/2005, 11:40 AM
Aw shucks!!!

All togother now folks ...Say you -say me -say for always -naturally

he meant lino ritchie-yer man that sells the carpets in finglas :D ;)

Maz
23/02/2005, 11:56 AM
Used to be all into Westlife and Five....loved your man Jay!!
Taste has changed these days!

GavinZac
23/02/2005, 12:51 PM
im proud to say i have every S Club 7 single and a few album tracks on my iPod

Lionel Ritchie
25/02/2005, 9:11 AM
Finally thought of one. -November Rain by GunsnRoses. Corny as crap. The video is pure Spinal Tap fodder and the sentiment is about as sincere as a 2nd hand car salemans handshake. But for all that it's a great tune, beautifully orchestrated and recorded.

Ah Axl -you're some langball :D

James
25/02/2005, 9:20 AM
i just cant get you outa my head by kylie :)

la la la, la la la la

niamh
25/02/2005, 1:34 PM
This is one of the best threads I've read in awhile. Kept me chuckling for ages. As for my own tastes I've always like those Independent Women of Destinys Child and all that girl power malarky!!

Eire06
25/02/2005, 1:52 PM
Bet all ye secret Blue fans are all cut up over them splittin :D

We have another few dodgie solo careers startin soon

SÓC
26/02/2005, 11:14 AM
Right so I went to Westlife with my girlfriend unsure about what I was getting into

Firstly the warm up acts....oh dear dear they were shocking. Final4 (bad attempt at Westlife) were shocking, Idle Eyes (poor mans NSync) were worse, Carrol Anthony wasnt even good to look at and Zoo (the "bad boys") were pish.

Which lead up to Westlife...firstly they entered they walked through the crowd slowly, twas a great way to start.

Their first set was some of the usual Westlife songs which were very good but not fantastic. In between their band (who were fantastic) played a few great tunes. Their second set was the best part of it, they sang everything and anything from the Beatles to the Jackson 5! After that came their Rat Pack set which wasnt great TBH.

Their final set and encore was very good, they did their biggest Westlife hits like Flying without Wings and World of Our Own.

The lads are great showmen and really seemed to be enjoying the gig. The crowd was made up of all types, there were a fair few people there with various special needs who were treated really well by the lads (they do a fair bit of charity work too Im told), they took time to shake hands with these people on their way in, put some of them on the big screnn whcih made one lad's day, never so anyone so happy!! He got a hugh clap from the crowd and the lads dedicated a song to them.

Overall a well worth visit to Millstreet, pity there is no decent venue in Cork City for big gigs

sadloserkid
26/02/2005, 4:24 PM
Finally thought of one. -November Rain by GunsnRoses. Corny as crap. The video is pure Spinal Tap fodder and the sentiment is about as sincere as a 2nd hand car salemans handshake. But for all that it's a great tune, beautifully orchestrated and recorded.

That's all a bit harsh coming from a guy with Lionel Ritchie as a handle! ;)