PDA

View Full Version : LOI fixtures Paddy's weekend.

Pages : [1] 2 3

ToberonaTornado
16/03/2017, 6:39 PM
FRIDAY

Premier:

Shamrock Rovers v Cork City 5pm

Bohemian FC v Galway FC

First Division:

Shelbourne FC v Waterford FC

Wexford FC v UCDAFC 8pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

SATURDAY

Premier:

Limerick FC v Finn Harps 2pm

Derry City v Drogheda United 3pm

Dundalk FC v St.Patrick's Ath. 7pm

Sligo Rovers v Bray Wanderers 7:45pm

FIRST:

Cobh Ramblers v Athlone Town 3pm

Longford Town v Cabinteeley FC 7:30pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TUESDAY

Premier:

Derry City v Limerick FC 7:45pm

------------------------------------------------------------------

Refs - http://www.extratime.ie/articles/18539/match-officials-appointed---week-4/

LOI Coupon - http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

Ethan
16/03/2017, 9:30 PM
Buttimer involved in another Harps game because it worked out so well last time :)

passinginterest
17/03/2017, 4:53 PM
Decent game in Tallaght. Change of shape for Rovers with more of a 4-4-1-1 set up and they look more dangerous for it. Couple of good chances each and very even overall. Rovers keeper with a howler for McGuire goal, slid to prevent a corner, stopped the ball, kept sliding and left it behind for McGuire to walk into the empty net. At the opposite end to Rovers penalty, but looked soft enough. Tucked away well by Burke. Think there'll be another goal or two second half.

nigel-harps1954
17/03/2017, 5:26 PM
From the pictures, there looks to be a fairly brutal crowd in Tallaght.

oriel
17/03/2017, 5:51 PM
Cork 2-1 up with 3 mins to go, that's a massive win for them to be fair if they hold out.

Ezeikial
17/03/2017, 6:06 PM
Cork deserve plenty of praise for an excellent result tonight and a very impressive 100% record in the first 5 games - its quite a start, especially as the reports indicate several indifferent performances along the way.

The real test come next week!

White Horse
17/03/2017, 6:09 PM
Three defeats in five games for Bradley.

Ezeikial
17/03/2017, 6:16 PM
From the pictures, there looks to be a fairly brutal crowd in Tallaght.

Brutal crowds will be the norm at Tallaght as the pre-season optimism peters out. The well intention but misguided talk of the Rovers support being happy with the "bigger picture" of underage development will become transparent as crowds dwindle in line with poor results

sbgawa
17/03/2017, 6:17 PM
Brutal crowds will be the norm at Tallaght as the pre-season optimism peters out. The well intention but misguided talk of the Rovers support being happy with the "bigger picture" of underage development will become transparent as crowds dwindle in line with poor results

And the pettyness of some will shine through...
Team improving .

Dodge
17/03/2017, 6:38 PM
It's not just pettyness. It's common sense. If Dundalk stat being ****e again, their crowds will fall away. Same with pretty much everybody.

Clubs like talking about bigger picture stuff but trophies are all that really matter

passinginterest
17/03/2017, 6:52 PM
Best Rovers performance I've seen in a few years to be honest and they were applauded off. Crowd wasn't too bad just pushed to the back of the stands to try get out of the wind and rain. Rovers completely dominated the second half and hit the bar. Got caught with a sucker punch on the counter and what looked to be a soft penalty call made by the assistant referee. Clarke and Burke were outstanding. Far better display from Rovers than the Derry game and it looks like a young squad that's starting to find its feet. I'd expect them to be much stronger on the second series of games, although they definitely need a few results in a row to take the pressure off and build the confidence. Main think lacking in the team is still an outstanding goal scorer.

sbgawa
17/03/2017, 6:54 PM
Yes but people with a bit of "common sense" will realise that if the first team are unsuccessful but the long term is being looked after then that is better than being unsuccessful and having nothing going on in the back round. I've always had a low opinion of people who show a lack of class when things are going well for them.

Yossarian
17/03/2017, 6:56 PM
Yes but people with a bit of "common sense" will realise that if the first team are unsuccessful but the long term is being looked after then that is better than being unsuccessful and having nothing going on in the back round. I've always had a low opinion of people who show a lack of class when things are going well for them.

Unfortunately the floating fans are only interested in success in the present, even if there are signs of a long term plan. The core support will remain but clubs support will drop if they are not successful.

placid casual
17/03/2017, 6:59 PM
As sure as night follows day, the windy dalk fans are out after yet another Rovers loss:)
Its amazing the interest they take in last years 4th best team. I guess you guys just can't shake that inferiority complex no matter how hard you try!
On the actual game itself, howler from Tomo, and a naïve tackle by Webster with a few minutes to go. Burke looks a player, and it's always freezing in tallaght!

sbgawa
17/03/2017, 7:06 PM
Unfortunately the floating fans are only interested in success in the present, even if there are signs of a long term plan. The core support will remain but clubs support will drop if they are not successful.
The floating fans will come back when success comes and leave when it doesn't. ...they aren't the most important thing....for any club.

AlanOB
17/03/2017, 8:09 PM
I will be broadcasting the Limerick/Harps game in full at http://www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live, (http://www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live) tomorrow, for those who may be interested.

My usual co-commentator, former LOI manager Noel O'Connor, is unavailable; but I'm hoping to be joined by someone of equal repute to temporarily fill his shoes (fingers crossed!).

You can listen to snippets of our last broadcast here, to see if it might appeal: http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/sh...-division/ (http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/showreel/limerick-fc-0-1-bohemian-fc-mar-13-premier-division/)

Finally, I will also be doing post-match tactical analysis of the game, later tomorrow evening, here: http://www.tacticstruck2.com (http://www.tacticstruck2.com/)

onlooker
17/03/2017, 9:31 PM
still think dundalk will win the leaague...

patrickccfc
17/03/2017, 9:48 PM
still think dundalk will win the leaague...

Been a fantastic start for us, but yeah it will be extremely close this year I reckon. Derry will certainly be up there challenging with ourselves and dundalk.

Darkglasses
17/03/2017, 10:33 PM
We were mighty lucky to go into half-time 0-0, and then incredibly unlucky to concede at all in the second. Far better performance from Wexford thankfully. 242 at Ferrycarrig, was afraid it would be even less.

Also for anyone not aware, I broadcast all Wexford's games live on the website here: http://wexfordfc.ie/fans/live-broadcasting

oriel
17/03/2017, 10:37 PM
Saw the goals from Rovers v Cork match on RTE News, that was almost unbelievable by the rovers keeper for the first goal, good follow up to be fair by Maguire. Cork are really setting the pace and look to be in great shape.

Still early days for all sides.

Charlie Darwin
17/03/2017, 10:58 PM
Sickened by that - both goals were absolute gifts, but credit to Maguire as he's the best striker this league has seen in some time. Performance was good and surprisingly outplayed Cork for long periods, but we're still lacking going forward. Hopefully things will continue to improve as the squad gels.

Overall, three losses isn't ideal but it's to the three teams that finished ahead of us last year so maybe just an indication of where we stand. Hopefully with the three big clubs + Bohs out of the way we can gather a little bit of momentum.

Nesta99
17/03/2017, 11:00 PM
As sure as night follows day, the windy dalk fans are out after yet another Rovers loss:)
Its amazing the interest they take in last years 4th best team. I guess you guys just can't shake that inferiority complex no matter how hard you try!
On the actual game itself, howler from Tomo, and a naïve tackle by Webster with a few minutes to go. Burke looks a player, and it's always freezing in tallaght!

and the bitter turns to sour. Can you continue to shoulder that resenting chip on the shoulder? Doesnt everyone have a giggle at Sharock Rover's expense!? See it as a compliment until 17 titles are hunted down!!! ;p

El-Pietro
18/03/2017, 12:12 AM
We were pretty woeful tonight. Rovers not much better. They had a tonne of possesion in the second half but Nults didn't make a real save all night. They had the pen, and the one off the bar and that was it bar a soft shot from way out that he collected at his feet easily.

We didn't have many chances either, Rubbish game, but I've finally seen us win in Tallaght so happy out.

And hey Rovers fans, sure ye might be 9 points off the top on Paddys day, but theres always the cup.

Charlie Darwin
18/03/2017, 12:19 AM
That's cold.

El-Pietro
18/03/2017, 12:25 AM
Harsh but true. Your league season is done.

Charlie Darwin
18/03/2017, 12:49 AM
It's Cork's title to lose. Again :)

WoodquayBoy
18/03/2017, 12:54 AM
Lest anyone be unsure, we're in serious trouble. 5 games, 2 points. Should have beaten Drogheda. Should have beaten Harps. Deserved at least a point against Rovers. Probably a fair result tonight but in attacking terms, we only have Murray as a threat. Vinny Faherty looks unfit, Padraic Cunningham is always picking up an injury. No creativity. Derry next week. Ouch.

bluewhitearmy
18/03/2017, 2:58 AM
Limerick game is on Live 95fm for any the Harps lads that can't make it tomorrow.

Pablo Escobar
18/03/2017, 3:03 AM
I'll echo the above, we were atrocious tonight. Rovers need to find the off switch to the weather machine too. It was abysmal, a bit like our performance. We didn't play the conditions and didn't deserve the win, but we'll take it!

Dalymountrower
18/03/2017, 5:33 AM
Lest anyone be unsure, we're in serious trouble. 5 games, 2 points. Should have beaten Drogheda. Should have beaten Harps. Deserved at least a point against Rovers. Probably a fair result tonight but in attacking terms, we only have Murray as a threat. Vinny Faherty looks unfit, Padraic Cunningham is always picking up an injury. No creativity. Derry next week. Ouch.
Yes,draw was a fair result.Thought it was a decent game in awful conditions. Good travelling support
I reckon Galway will have enough to stay up.

SeanDrog
18/03/2017, 7:48 AM
I noted another sending off - this time Galway .

I wonder how our red card % games played per season compare with other euro leagues. Feels like we get a lot but maybe it's no different than elsewhere .

White Horse
18/03/2017, 8:45 AM
I'll echo the above, we were atrocious tonight. Rovers need to find the off switch to the weather machine too. It was abysmal, a bit like our performance. We didn't play the conditions and didn't deserve the win, but we'll take it!

Playing crap and winning is very good sign for a team chasing the title.

Rovers are all talk and no ballicks. Another year in mid table.

micls
18/03/2017, 8:59 AM
My first away trip this year. What an awful game of football! We were appalling, couldn't string two passes together. Rovers were rubbish too. They put a few passes together but completely toothless. Didn't think either team deserved to win it. We'll definitely take it though! Didn't look a penalty to me either but will have to see the reply. I thought Seani made the most of it.

Maguire is the best striker I've seen play for City since John O Flynn, and a complete other class to the rest of the players on the pitch the last few games. Pure quality. I dunno what happened up in Dundalk that made them let him go but I'm grateful for it! He's hungry to score constantly too. 6 goals in 5 league games for him now.

5 wins in 5 should mean a huge crowd for Dundalk and hopefully a great game (and better football).

KR's Post
18/03/2017, 11:24 AM
Been a fantastic start for us, but yeah it will be extremely close this year I reckon. Derry will certainly be up there challenging with ourselves and dundalk.

In fairness thats your first big game i wouldnt be counting the auld chickens yet

patrickccfc
18/03/2017, 11:52 AM
In fairness thats your first big game i wouldnt be counting the auld chickens yet

Oh of course I'm not. Just in the last 2 games we have dug in and got wins out of games that last year we would've drawn or lost and it's very encouraging.

Ezeikial
18/03/2017, 12:10 PM
And the pettyness of some will shine through...
Team improving .

I think that you have taken the wrong end of the stick here.

I simply made an observation that support will drop off with poor results - pretty much what you subsequently echoed in a latter post

Yes but people with a bit of "common sense" will realise that if the first team are unsuccessful but the long term is being looked after then that is better than being unsuccessful and having nothing going on in the back round.

Most supporters place a limited value on potential underage success as opposed to the imperative of first team success. If anything, this is probably more pronounced at Rovers than most other clubs.

The next 3-4 matches give a great opportunity to get a winning sequence going - the knives will be out for Bradley if things go pear shaped over the next month, no matter how well the underage teams perform

I've always had a low opinion of people who show a lack of class when things are going well for them.
You must have been really badly affected by the gloating of many Rovers fans in 2010 & 2011

AlanOB
18/03/2017, 12:24 PM
I will be broadcasting the Limerick/Harps game in full at http://www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live, (http://www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live) tomorrow, for those who may be interested.

My usual co-commentator, former LOI manager Noel O'Connor, is unavailable; but I'm hoping to be joined by someone of equal repute to temporarily fill his shoes (fingers crossed!).

You can listen to snippets of our last broadcast here, to see if it might appeal: http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/sh...-division/ (http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/showreel/limerick-fc-0-1-bohemian-fc-mar-13-premier-division/)

Finally, I will also be doing post-match tactical analysis of the game, later tomorrow evening, here: http://www.tacticstruck2.com (http://www.tacticstruck2.com/)

I can now confirm that the legendary John O'Flynn will join me for this one. Tune in if interested.

nigel-harps1954
18/03/2017, 2:19 PM
Harps 1-0 up in Limerick through Sean Houston.

Limerick putting on a lot of pressure but Harps dealing with it well so far.

desaintsno.12
18/03/2017, 2:28 PM
any dundalk fans know if the bar in the ground will show the rugby before the game ?

oriel
18/03/2017, 2:31 PM
Maguire is the best striker I've seen play for City since John O Flynn, and a complete other class to the rest of the players on the pitch the last few games. Pure quality. I dunno what happened up in Dundalk that made them let him go but I'm grateful for it! He's hungry to score constantly too. 6 goals in 5 league games for him now.

5 wins in 5 should mean a huge crowd for Dundalk and hopefully a great game (and better football).

Maguire couldn't get in ahead of McMillan and Kilduff from August onwards in 2015, he was quite rightly frustrated but with Dundalk only playing one up front, was a case of 3 competing for one spot. It probably was a mistake in hindsight not to offer him a contract for 2016 but Kenny will say he won the league that season with what he had up front, and quite comfortably so in the end.

However he is without doubt the top striker in the league at the moment, so our loss is definitely Cork's gain and its just the way it goes, some players don't work out at clubs then flourish elsewhere and he's certainly doing that. I'd say there might be a chance he could be on his way to England in the July window, if a club makes a decent cash offer it would be hard to turn down. The other option is for an English club to wait until his contract runs down and get him for free after our season ends in October.

Big match next Saturday for sure, big match tonight first!

nigel-harps1954
18/03/2017, 2:33 PM
Limerick 1-1 Harps

Tosi

oriel
18/03/2017, 2:34 PM
any dundalk fans know if the bar in the ground will show the rugby before the game ?

They generally don't let away fans in, but I'd imagine you will be ok today. Other option is Kennedys right across from train station, decent bar who sponsored last weeks home match, they will def have it on in all TVs and do food, 3 min walk to the ground.

desaintsno.12
18/03/2017, 2:34 PM
never mind..........

DannyInvincible
18/03/2017, 3:45 PM
Derry rampant against Drogs now with just under ten minutes to go. Leading 3-0 with two second-half goals in quick succession from McNamee to put the game to bed.

DannyInvincible
18/03/2017, 3:48 PM
Barry McNamee just scores his first senior hat-trick (all within the space of eight minutes) with a free-kick. Derry leading 4-0.

DannyInvincible
18/03/2017, 3:57 PM
Derry win 4-0 against Drogs.

ATFC-1887
18/03/2017, 4:02 PM
Cobh 5-1 Athlone 😂

thomas72
18/03/2017, 4:11 PM
Limerick were very very poor today should of won the game in injury time when robbie williams somehow headed the ball of the inside of the post from 2yards out harder to miss it

Jd2793
18/03/2017, 4:17 PM
Went to watch cobh athlone today. Some of these foreign lads dont even look like footballers they are horrendous. God knows how waterford/wexford lost to them

bluewhitearmy
18/03/2017, 4:19 PM
Limerick were very very poor today should of won the game in injury time when robbie williams somehow headed the ball of the inside of the post from 2yards out harder to miss it

Say it was something to do with the Harps lad hanging off his back.