PDA

View Full Version : LOI fixtures Paddy's weekend.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

sbgawa
20/03/2017, 3:13 PM
There is no doubt that Rovers have improved over last season but Bradley's delusional comments are good craic. Do you agree with his "we battered Cork" line?

I think he was disappointed and probably reaching a bit but as a biased observer myself if one team was going to win it in the second half it was Rovers.....I'm sure some of the Cork lads would disagree but a factor in how "bad" the Cork fellas keep saying Cork were was how they were allowed/not allowed to play.
no points from the 3 one goal losses against Cork, Derry and Dundalk is a poor reward but that's how it go's sometimes.
We will probably pick up a few points at some stage this season that we don't deserve.

sbgawa
20/03/2017, 3:24 PM
Thanks for the advice Pablo, a pal of mine who lives in Cork is getting them for me, he's never been to a LOI match before, a convert #greatestleagueintheworld

micls
20/03/2017, 4:05 PM
Saturday is a big day for Cork.....opportunity to step up....will they ?? I think Dundalk will win but I'm hoping its Cork to make the league a bit more interesting.

Hard to say. We've looked great in some games and shocking in others, as have dundalk. I'd say a draw is probably a good bet but I have to admit a bit of terror at the thought of McEleheny running at our centre backs. No confidence in that position right now.

I think he was disappointed and probably reaching a bit but as a biased observer myself if one team was going to win it in the second half it was Rovers.....
I think Rovers could have been there another hour without scoring. Bar the one attempt off the cross bar, ye offered nothing in terms of attacking threat. Don't get me wrong, neither did we, but with a player like Maguire there was always a chance he'd come up with something.

I'm sure some of the Cork lads would disagree but a factor in how "bad" the Cork fellas keep saying Cork were was how they were allowed/not allowed to play.

I'd be one of those disagreeing here. We couldn't string two passes together, with no pressure at all from Rovers. We were shocking start to finish. Rovers pressured well, in midfield in particular, but we were shocking in general, even down to our movement compared to previous weeks. Ye're full backs did well on Dooley and Beattie, but neither was on form at all.

sbgawa
20/03/2017, 4:32 PM
All fair enough but margins are tight, if burkes shot had gone in instead of off the bar we probably would have closed it out.
Either way its a huge improvement on 0-5 so im optimistic for the rest of the season.
Looking forward to watching the match on Saturday.

CityBoy
21/03/2017, 9:47 AM
Interesting in that cork kick lumps out of whatever form player dundalk have when these games come around.

In the last 7 games played between the clubs Cork City have had 23 yellows. Dundalk have had 21 and got two red cards.

The Dundalk lads are more than capable of kicking back..

jinxy lilywhite
21/03/2017, 10:18 AM
In the last 7 games played between the clubs Cork City have had 23 yellows. Dundalk have had 21 and got two red cards.

All that tells me is the cork lads are also auditioning for Swan Lake when they are not kicking lumps out of us

Ezeikial
21/03/2017, 10:32 AM

All that tells me is the cork lads are also auditioning for Swan Lake when they are not kicking lumps out of us

and so it begins

I can't believe that Cork got 23 yellows when everyone knows that they do not foul.

sbgawa
21/03/2017, 11:54 AM
and so it begins

I can't believe that Cork got 23 yellows when everyone knows that they do not foul.

20 were for retaliation : )