PDA

View Full Version : LOI fixtures Friday 7th - Tuesday 11th October.

Pages : [1] 2

ToberonaTornado
07/10/2016, 7:21 PM
Latest

Bohs 1 - 0 Rovers
Pats 2-0 Wex Youths
Harps 1- 0 Bray
UCD 1- 1 Shelbourne

El-Pietro
07/10/2016, 8:05 PM
2-2 in UCD now. Shels came from behind twice. Pats 3-0 up

ToberonaTornado
07/10/2016, 8:39 PM
Students regain the lead.
Harps v Bray now 2-1
Bohs beat Shams 1-0
Pats thrash Youths 4-1

White Horse
07/10/2016, 8:59 PM
Great win for the Harps, looking forward to Ollie's gloomy prediction for next season in the Premier Division.

cobhlad
07/10/2016, 9:07 PM
Safe to say Shels won't be welcome on the island of Cobh anytime soon after letting in that iniury time winner. Heartbreaking stuff.

nigel-harps1954
07/10/2016, 9:07 PM
Much much better from Harps. So positive for once.

NeverFeltBetter
07/10/2016, 9:15 PM
Anyone know what the playoff schedule will be?

Dalymountrower
07/10/2016, 10:03 PM
Rovers were muck tonight , 7 yellow Bohs 0, nuff said.
Huge crowd, at leat 3k

El-Pietro
07/10/2016, 10:20 PM
Cobh could do with a Limerick win tomorrow. If they get that, then winning their two games would be enough for a playoff spot.

pineapple stu
07/10/2016, 10:58 PM
Phew!

93rd minute winner I think it was.

Good game in fairness; we were slightly better for maybe the first hour, but Shels had a really good spell after that and forced Corbet into a number of good saves. Thought they were more likely to get the winner to be honest. But a huge goal for us at the death; but we still need to win next week in Drogheda too, which won't be easy. Unless Cabo do us a rather unlikely favour tomorrow night!

placid casual
07/10/2016, 11:03 PM
2 poor teams in dalymount, but one was a bunch of kids who will learn.The other was journeymen LOI dross who will never see european football again.
onwards and upwards!:)

Dalymountrower
08/10/2016, 6:04 AM
2 poor teams in dalymount, but one was a bunch of kids who will learn.The other was journeymen LOI dross who will never see european football again.
Yeah that young whippersnapper Barry Murphy and the childlike GaryMc Cabe are real prospects..Take your oil.

joey B
08/10/2016, 10:30 AM
Massively important win for us last night and if we could beat Pats on Tuesday we would secure safety.

If by some miracle Longford beat Derry tonight then Wexford will be looking over their shoulder.

pineapple stu
08/10/2016, 10:34 AM
Looks like either Longford or Wexford as the Premier Division team in the play-off alright - and you'd imagine Drogheda/Cobh/us will surely fancy our chances there.

nigel-harps1954
08/10/2016, 2:47 PM
Longford would need a big push but to be honest I wouldn't bet on either side to beat the First Division playoff winner.

Wexford have such a depleted squad too. Would hate to see either side go down, but to be honest, I'd like to see Drogheda come up. Handy trip and haven't been there in a few years now.

littlebray
08/10/2016, 2:54 PM
Anyone know what the playoff schedule will be?

Here (http://www.braywanderers.com/showarticle.php?id=735#Playoffs) it is!

gufcfan
08/10/2016, 3:25 PM
Jesus Christ I didn't realise that site still existed...

littlebray
08/10/2016, 3:28 PM
Jesus Christ I didn't realise that site still existed...

Why ever not?

pineapple stu
08/10/2016, 6:22 PM
Limerick 2-1 Drogheda is a result. Limerick down to ten men for an hour; Drogheda's captain sent off for rooting someone up the hole just after they got a late consolation.

Cork 3-0 up in Galway and Dundalk 1-0 down in Sligo at present.

If Cabinteely can get anything from Cobh tonight - just kicked off - then it's UCD v Drogheda in the play-offs. Otherwise, it all comes down to next week.

adamd164
08/10/2016, 6:32 PM
Great coverage on eir Sport, miles better than RTE's.

It would be pretty funny if Drogs missed out on the playoffs considering how far ahead they were 2 weeks ago. Cobh just need to beat the bottom 2 now to guarantee a playoff spot.

pineapple stu
08/10/2016, 6:34 PM
Drogheda missing their captain can't help for next week's match (home v UCD)

Cabo and Athlone have taken points off Drogheda and UCD in the past two weeks; maybe one of them can do the same against Cobh...

pineapple stu
08/10/2016, 6:43 PM
Dundalk 0-2 Sligo!

Goal difference being all but wiped out too - +38 v +37

One point and one goal in it now.

patrickccfc
08/10/2016, 6:59 PM
Dundalk 0-2 Sligo!

Goal difference being all but wiped out too - +38 v +37

One point and one goal in it now.

If the results stay the same, it will be worthless if we don't beat them on Tuesday.. but tonight is going perfectly for us so far. Dundalk are capable of coming back though.

pineapple stu
08/10/2016, 7:01 PM
Longford beating Derry too; Wexford will be a bit worried, although Longford have a tough run-in.

Cobh 1-0 up on Cabo sets up a big night in Div 1 next week.

patrickccfc
08/10/2016, 7:10 PM
4-0 now.. Maguire just can't stop scoring

sbgawa
08/10/2016, 7:16 PM
Tuesday is going to be some game...IF things stay as theybare

patrickccfc
08/10/2016, 7:27 PM
What's happening in oriel? I know Sligo are decent but....

pineapple stu
08/10/2016, 7:34 PM
Sligo score a third even while down to ten men!

Some title race this is becoming.

Derry equalise, and Cobh are 2-0 up now.

sbgawa
08/10/2016, 7:38 PM
Premier and first devision hea ding for amazing finish

patrickccfc
08/10/2016, 8:05 PM
Tuesday looking to be a real humdinger.. Raging I can't be there

nigel-harps1954
08/10/2016, 8:07 PM
Relegation battle could take a cruel turn for Wexford if Longford hold on tonight. Photo finish in store there.

MeathDrog
08/10/2016, 8:09 PM
Drogheda missing their captain can't help for next week's match (home v UCD)

Cabo and Athlone have taken points off Drogheda and UCD in the past two weeks; maybe one of them can do the same against Cobh...
Not to be.

A point will do Drogs. UCD have to win and a Cobh win combined with UCD not winning will see them into the playoffs.

Candystripe
08/10/2016, 8:41 PM
Relegation battle could take a cruel turn for Wexford if Longford hold on tonight. Photo finish in store there.

They couldn't hold on though.

That's Derry guaranteed Europa league next season. 😃

placid casual
08/10/2016, 8:48 PM
good comeback Candystripe. fair play.

and well done the Sligs. gave me quite a laugh to see that scoreline. and with 10 men as well.
Cork will go there on Tuesday and really fancy their chances.

sbgawa
08/10/2016, 8:48 PM
They couldn't hold on though.

That's Derry guaranteed Europa league next season. 😃

I think we are both safe but in theory pats could go past both of us.....I can't help it I'm a worrier : )

nigel-harps1954
08/10/2016, 8:50 PM
That must be gut wrenching for Longford fans. 6 points probably just too much for them to make up now.

sbgawa
08/10/2016, 9:03 PM
Yes. Gut wrenching. Wouldn't like to be heading home from there tonight. At 2-1 they were dreaming of escape.

Town Legend
08/10/2016, 9:21 PM
Not really as most fans accepted relegation after the Wexford defeat. That's when Tony did a runner. Left it far too late for Mathews to do anything, although he did match Tony with one win. In fairness to Mathews he has that squad a lot fitter than Cousins had. A poor squad put together by Cousins and a lack of action by our board sealed our fate.

oriel
08/10/2016, 9:33 PM
Sligo full value for the 3-0 win, they played some great stuff, Cretaro almost made it 4-0 with a shot from the half way line in the second half. A night to forget from Dundalk's perspective, just a dreadful performance, which started after 1 minute, but that's just football, it can be so unpredictable. Dundalk missed a host of chances in the first half, but overall absolutely no excuses. Better side won.

Cork are the obvious big winners tonight and its all to play for now. Tuesday is shaping up to be an epic match now, and RTE have picked one hell of a match to broadcast live. This really is the match of the season and it will be a very tense affair, with the pressure on both sides, but Dundalk will start as favourites, then again we were 1/4 to win tonight !

Nice to see Dlk fans in the stand clapping both Dundalk off first, then Sligo. Even better to see fans queing outside the ground buying tickets for the match on Tuesday.

TonyD
08/10/2016, 9:43 PM
I think we are both safe but in theory pats could go past both of us.....I can't help it I'm a worrier : )

We've got to play Cork twice though, and Dundalk. We haven't been able to get near either of those two this season when we've played them, so I think the chances of us catching Derry or Rovers are very slim.

Longfordian
08/10/2016, 10:46 PM
Not really as most fans accepted relegation after the Wexford defeat. That's when Tony did a runner. Left it far too late for Mathews to do anything, although he did match Tony with one win. In fairness to Mathews he has that squad a lot fitter than Cousins had. A poor squad put together by Cousins and a lack of action by our board sealed our fate.

Agree. Mathews has done more with them in a couple of months than Cousins did all season. Played some good football going forward, Cowan and O'Sullivan were always a threat but individual defensive mistakes have killed us again though. Big Yann had a shocker I'd be surprised if he's picked again. We're gone but Mathews has shown enough to deserve the gig for next year.

Darklordsbane
08/10/2016, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=Longfordian;1893409]Agree. Mathews has done more with them in a couple of months than Big Yann had a shocker I'd be surprised if he's picked again.

Big Yann was player of the month for September how they came up with that is mind boggling for me anyway, agree with you I wouldn't pick him again either, but then I'd have left him out after the Wexford game, not all his fault thought to be fair to him, no protection for the back 4 from midfield regardless of who plays

Comic Book Guy
08/10/2016, 11:11 PM
There's me happy with my lot with Ramblers winning after Limerick doing us a favour when I see the Dundalk result, first glance I thought it was 3-0 to Dundalk! Wow. Some occasion it will be Tuesday night. Whoever gets the points Tuesday wins the league imo.

Longfordian
08/10/2016, 11:15 PM
Big Yann was player of the month for September how they came up with that is mind boggling for me anyway, agree with you I wouldn't pick him again either, but then I'd have left him out after the Wexford game, not all his fault thought to be fair to him, no protection for the back 4 from midfield regardless of who plays

True enough, we don't have a defensively minded midfielder in the squad. Kevin O'Connor's legs have gone and Gannon can't tackle.

Pablo Escobar
08/10/2016, 11:17 PM
There's me happy with my lot with Ramblers winning after Limerick doing us a favour when I see the Dundalk result, first glance I thought it was 3-0 to Dundalk! Wow. Some occasion it will be Tuesday night. Whoever gets the points Tuesday wins the league imo.
The crazy thing about the way the first div is finishing is that the 2 teams that were almost guaranteed a playoff spot a few weeks ago are now unsure as they play each other. Ramblers must be odds on to get a playoff spot now with their game being against Athlone and a win will be enough. I can't help thinking that if ramblers go up it could be a season too soon.

WoodquayBoy
08/10/2016, 11:26 PM
I'm not a Corky and have absolutely no ties to the place, but would love to see City complete the double (as they will win the FAI Cup) by landing the league title; and Cobh to secure, and win, the promotion play-off

Nah Nah Nah Nah
08/10/2016, 11:35 PM
Thought we rode our luck a bit in the first half but once we got the second we were comfortable enough. Worried when the red card (yet another one) happened but scoring a third pretty straight after was great.

We seem to play better against the better teams. 5 away wins in the league this season but 3 of them have been away to the top 3 in the league.

It's a pity there's only 3 days to try and hype up the next game there. Should be a rip roarer.

It's a great pitch......

legendz
09/10/2016, 7:59 AM
Great results for Cork. Didn't know the game was on EirSport.

Town Legend
09/10/2016, 8:34 AM
True enough, we don't have a defensively minded midfielder in the squad. Kevin O'Connor's legs have gone and Gannon can't tackle.

O'Connors legs are gone but there was games this season where he would be bent over gasping for air in the first half! This I did not see last night as Mathews has them far fitter than Cousins had. But as you said in an earlier post, I've also seen enough from his few games in charge that Mathews should be starting out next season as our manager. I do not fully blame Cousins for the predicament we are in as the board should take equal blame for not taking action weeks beforehand TC walked.

marinobohs
09/10/2016, 8:37 AM

Thank you for making Friday nights result much more enjoyable 😀
Run ragged by 'journeymen LOI dross' - Tallaght golden generation.
Maybe when they grow up they will learn to count (especially number of subs 😀)