PDA

View Full Version : LOI fixtures Friday 23rd & Sat 24th Sept.

Pages : [1] 2

ToberonaTornado
22/09/2016, 7:10 PM
Premier Division.

Friday

Bohemian FC v Longford Town 7:45pm

Dundalk FC v Derry City 7:45pm

Finn Harps v St.Pats Ath 8pm

Shamrock Rovers v Galway FC 8pm

Wexford Youths v Bray Wanderers 8pm

Saturday

Sligo Rovers v Cork City 7:45pm

First Division

Friday

Athlone Town v UCD 7:45pm

Cabinteely FC v Drogheda United 7:45pm

Shelbourne v Limerick FC 7:45PM

Saturday

Cobh Ramblers v Waterford United 7:15pm

----------------------------------------------------

Won't be able to make Oriel for the Dundalk v Derry match.Anyone know pub in Dublin city centre to watch/will be showing it?
Thanks in advance.

legendz
23/09/2016, 9:50 AM
Dundalk v Derry should be a good game to watch for those outside of the LoI community.

Ezeikial
23/09/2016, 10:59 AM
Dundalk v Derry should be a good game to watch for those outside of the LoI community.

Kenny Shiels pre & post match interviews should be a cracker

dundalkfc10
23/09/2016, 11:28 AM
Kenny Shiels pre & post match interviews should be a cracker

Hes in the paper today saying, he was at the game Tuesday and we look tired and that could give them an advantage!

Big turnaround from last week saying we only had get a plane to Alkmaar and they had to give to Wexford for 6 hours both ways, and that they would be more tired than us

Charlie Darwin
23/09/2016, 11:58 AM
I feel like we can really kick on this week and maybe score another goal.

nigel-harps1954
23/09/2016, 12:09 PM

I feel like we can really kick on and score a goal.

Charlie Darwin
23/09/2016, 12:14 PM
I feel like we can really kick on and score a goal.
Do you mean that?

nigel-harps1954
23/09/2016, 12:16 PM
I could ask you the same thing.

Battery Rover
23/09/2016, 12:39 PM
UCD minus 3 or 4 goals might be a bet. Heart of team missing through injury tonight with 6 of the starting 11 injured or suspended.

nigel-harps1954
23/09/2016, 12:42 PM
UCD plus 3 or 4 goals might be a bet. Heart of team missing through injury tonight with 6 of the starting 11 injured or suspended.

Ollie, is that you?

pineapple stu
23/09/2016, 12:54 PM
UCD minus 3 or 4 surely?

Unless you reckon you've got a sneaky crop of incredibly gifted young players!

ToberonaTornado
23/09/2016, 1:09 PM
Any word on a pub to watch the match in in Dublin City centre?

TIA

patrickccfc
23/09/2016, 1:12 PM
Just wanted to wish Derry City the very best of luck tonight. Would love for them to get European football. That's my only reason :cool:

patrickccfc
23/09/2016, 1:16 PM
Any word on a pub to watch the match in in Dublin City centre?

TIA

Quick Google search showed me this place is showing it

http://murraysbarandgrill.ie/sports/

It's on O'Connell street

ToberonaTornado
23/09/2016, 1:27 PM
Cheers.

Is there an EPL match on tonight anyone know?
Might have to bribe the barman to get the match on if there is.

pineapple stu
23/09/2016, 1:30 PM
Livescore.net - no EPL match tonight.

Battery Rover
23/09/2016, 1:35 PM
UCD minus 3 or 4 surely?

Sorry minus :-) No real midfield with Barry and Coss out. Light up front. Fletch and Raftery missing is our backbone and Jamie Quinn is our regular keeper. Has a LOI lost to.double figured yet. It would worryexpect. If we went a couple down early in game that it could happen.

Battery Rover
23/09/2016, 1:39 PM
UCD minus 3 or 4 surely?

Tried to edit post after you mentioned it and it disappeared. Is it just my phone or does it happen to anyone else. That's a few times for me.

Mr A
23/09/2016, 1:44 PM
Tried to edit post after you mentioned it and it disappeared. Is it just my phone or does it happen to anyone else. That's a few times for me.

You must have hit delete button. Can be very fiddly on the phone. I restored it and changed the plus to minus.

pineapple stu
23/09/2016, 1:48 PM
I've had that a lot - the mobile site isn't great actually. Search function doesn't work, and editing posts does delete them alright.

Maybe a split for the feedback forum?

WoodquayBoy
23/09/2016, 2:06 PM
Ye are playing us - ye should be good for at least a couple of goals tonight

nigel-harps1954
23/09/2016, 2:45 PM
I've had that a lot - the mobile site isn't great actually. Search function doesn't work, and editing posts does delete them alright.

Maybe a split for the feedback forum?

Desktop site on the phone. I never really liked the mobile site and have used the desktop version for a while now.

ToberonaTornado
23/09/2016, 3:25 PM
Livescore.net - no EPL match tonight.

Cheers.
No excuse tonight so .👍

brendy_éire
23/09/2016, 6:35 PM
Harps match off?

*edit*:
Yes. Pitch waterlogged. Strange one, wasn't too bad in Derry today.

MeathDrog
23/09/2016, 6:39 PM
Harps match off?

*edit*:
Yes. Pitch waterlogged. Strange one, wasn't too bad in Derry today.
Was it really necessary to leave the call that late.

MattB11
23/09/2016, 7:02 PM
Pitch was being worked on all afternoon to get the game played, according to a Pats fan on Twitter players from both teams said the pitch was playable

L.T.F.C.
23/09/2016, 7:17 PM
Rogers up to his old tricks!

nigel-harps1954
23/09/2016, 8:59 PM
Went onto the pitch in Finn Park and had a walk around it tonight. I'm left scratching my head really. It was in superb condition, and I mean absolutely top notch. One corner of the pitch was a bit soft, but it was sanded and would have held up perfectly well. I got a video on my phone, but I was smart enough to delete the thing by accident when I got home. There was a local journo taking a few pictures while I was at it so hopefully he was able to get some decent quality photos.

Feel sorry for the 20 or 30 Pats fans who were up and our own Mr A who travelled from Galway to the game.

White Horse
23/09/2016, 9:27 PM
I'll be telling my grandkids in 40 years that I saw Daryl Horgan play for Dundalk.

pineapple stu
23/09/2016, 9:42 PM
UCD minus 3 or 4 goals might be a bet. Heart of team missing through injury tonight with 6 of the starting 11 injured or suspended.
Never bet against your own team!

Cobh must feel they've a play-off chance now.

Battery Rover
23/09/2016, 9:56 PM
Never bet against your own team!

Cobh must feel they've a play-off chance now.

Had 4 different accumulated let down by UCD. That's twice this season I have bet against my.own team and lost.

wonder88
23/09/2016, 10:07 PM
Didn't see the whole of the tv game, but what I saw Dundalk looked impressive. While Steward Byrne puts them behind the Jim McLoughlin Shamrock R 4 in a row, and other great LoI teams, I think Horgan is at least equal if not better to N Steadman and L O Brien. What do older forum members think? as not being from Dublin and the small tv coverage of soccer back them I only saw that team/players on a few occasions. Radio and newspaper coverage while much better than what you get today, was still second hand and include the often biased reports of Phillip Greene. Pat Byrne ahead of Stephen O Donnell a good call?

White Horse
23/09/2016, 10:17 PM
What do older forum members think? as not being from Dublin and the small tv coverage of soccer back them I only saw that team/players on a few occasions. Radio and newspaper coverage while much better than what you get today, was still second hand and include the often biased reports of Phillip Greene. Pat Byrne ahead of Stephen O Donnell a good call?

I saw the quite often during those years. They were the only ream with any money and basically had all the best players in the league. Of course, it all went tits up and the had to sell Milltown.

They were dominant in the league but their record in Europe was very poor.

The thing that stands to them was their longevity. Four in a row is an excellent achievement.

WoodquayBoy
23/09/2016, 10:47 PM
Neville Steedman - I still retch when I think about his days with us.

outspoken
23/09/2016, 10:54 PM
That was the worse game I've ever had the unfortunate experience of watching at Dalymount. Two absolutely dire teams. Longford Town wouldn't score in a month of Sunday's.

legendz
23/09/2016, 11:28 PM
Out and about on a Friday night, Leinster rugby was the match being shown in one Munster town.

Charlie Darwin
23/09/2016, 11:38 PM
Four!

sbgawa
23/09/2016, 11:43 PM
Boyd is way to good for this league...10 percent chance he will be in loi at end of next year

Mr A
24/09/2016, 9:38 AM
Am mystified as to how that game got postponed last night. Like Nigel was out on the pitch and could see very little wrong. It was soft, as it was bound to be after the amount of rain in recent days, but otherwise it was in good shape. There was no water on the pitch and with the rain stopped and a strong wind it was not likely to deteriorate. How the game in Sligo was started and that one wasn't I just don't understand.

legendz
24/09/2016, 10:04 AM
What has happened with Sligo that these last three seasons that they have gone from 4 seasons in-a-row being in the top 3 to being midtable?

I haven't seen Bohemians play in ages. Are they likely to be challenging for a place in the top 4 in the next few years?

On a surface level the league seems to have 4 groups; the top 2, the next 2, a group of 5 in and around midtable and finally the bottom 3.

While people seem to criticise the first division's quality, and I do not doubt that that is merited, it can't be too bad at the same time when two teams were promoted from it last year. The standard of the top 4 from the first division can't be that far behind the bottom 3 of the premier?

ger121
24/09/2016, 10:41 AM
I haven't seen Bohemians play in ages. Are they likely to be challenging for a place in the top 4 in the next few years?

Not a chance I'm afraid. The way the club is planning for the next couple seasons, we'll be in a relegation dogfight in my opinion. Maybe post Dalymount redevelopment but that's a long way down the road...

Yossarian
24/09/2016, 11:20 AM
Enjoyable game in oriel last night. Getting the three points was the main thing but it was good to get it playing some nice stuff. Derry have the nucleus of a good team there and they came to play football aswell which contributed to the end to end nature of the game. I though McEniff in the middle had a pretty good game for Derry. Horgan was obviously the stand out player, I thought he could have gotten a goal at times if he was a bit more selfish.

patrickccfc
24/09/2016, 12:31 PM
Enjoyable game in oriel last night. Getting the three points was the main thing but it was good to get it playing some nice stuff. Derry have the nucleus of a good team there and they came to play football aswell which contributed to the end to end nature of the game. I though McEniff in the middle had a pretty good game for Derry. Horgan was obviously the stand out player, I thought he could have gotten a goal at times if he was a bit more selfish.

I only got to see the first half, but I have to say it was a very enjoyable game to watch. End to end and both teams playing great football. Was very impressed with Horgan too not many can get near him when he goes on one of his runs so unpredictable.

Got my hopes up when Derry went ahead but the gap now back to eight points and the pressure back on us now. Never easy in the showgrounds but we are on a good run and I'm confident we can get another vital win.

brendy_éire
24/09/2016, 12:51 PM
I though McEniff in the middle had a pretty good game for Derry. Horgan was obviously the stand out player, I thought he could have gotten a goal at times if he was a bit more selfish.

McEneff has had a great season now.
Disappointing result, though not entirely unexpected. Even at one up, I didn't think we'd hold out for a point. Dundalk are great, and after they got their first, there was only going to be one result.
Horgan was great, as usual. Can't see him staying in the league for long.

As an aside, I've always enjoyed trips to Oriel, despite the view, but it's becoming less of a welcoming place. We landed down early, but weren't allowed into the Lilywhite for a pint, "it's closed because of Shamrock Rovers", we were told. Weird thing for them to come out with, as the bar was clearly open, and no indication of what Rovers allegedly did. The toilets are pretty bad, how come the older ones are now closed? Added to all that, we were kept behind for five minutes after the match. Barriers up, line of gardaí, all seemed very over the top. It's a pity that it's gone that way, and it will put people off going.
Oh, and the curry sauce from the chip van is severely lacking in flavour.

White Horse
24/09/2016, 1:23 PM
As an aside, I've always enjoyed trips to Oriel, despite the view, but it's becoming less of a welcoming place. We landed down early, but weren't allowed into the Lilywhite for a pint, "it's closed because of Shamrock Rovers", we were told. Weird thing for them to come out with, as the bar was clearly open, and no indication of what Rovers allegedly did. The toilets are pretty bad, how come the older ones are now closed? Added to all that, we were kept behind for five minutes after the match. Barriers up, line of gardaí, all seemed very over the top. It's a pity that it's gone that way, and it will put people off going.
Oh, and the curry sauce from the chip van is severely lacking in flavour.

The Gardai went overboard because the match was being televised. All sorts of ridiculous instructions like keeping Derry fans back and not allowing them into the bar. As you know, Dundalk operate a flexible policy with these matters. Certain clubs like Derry and Sligo (among others) are considered friendly and get easy access to bars and into the home section of the stand.

The old ground is badly in need of investment. No one goes there for the comfort, that is for sure.

I'm upset about the curry sauce. There is no excuse for that.

outspoken
24/09/2016, 5:29 PM
What has happened with Sligo that these last three seasons that they have gone from 4 seasons in-a-row being in the top 3 to being midtable?

On a surface level the league seems to have 4 groups; the top 2, the next 2, a group of 5 in and around midtable and finally the bottom 3.

While people seem to criticise the first division's quality, and I do not doubt that that is merited, it can't be too bad at the same time when two teams were promoted from it last year. The standard of the top 4 from the first division can't be that far behind the bottom 3 of the premier?

No chance of Bohs challenging in the next few years, their curren team is dull as sin and was only saved early season by the flair of Ben Mohamed who is now gone. With the move to the new stadium being the main focus its unlikely they will be able to build any sort of challenge before then or even in the early days in the new stadium.

Dalymountrower
24/09/2016, 6:03 PM
We had an awful start to the season and have continued to be dull enough with or without Ben Mohomad.Good enough though for 6th 7th place this year and twenty odd points ahead of you
I think that our performances against Longford have been three of our five worst ones this season,.
Agree that focus will be on the new stadium and budget will be down when we move to Tolka but wouldn't take a huge amount for us to be challenging for third place over the next two years

outspoken
24/09/2016, 6:29 PM
We had an awful start to the season and have continued to be dull enough with or without Ben Mohomad.Good enough though for 6th 7th place this year and twenty odd points ahead of you
I think that our performances against Longford have been three of our five worst ones this season,.
Agree that focus will be on the new stadium and budget will be down when we move to Tolka but wouldn't take a huge amount for us to be challenging for third place over the next two years

Don't think a 6th place finish is anything to shout about in this League. Finishing 6th last season was a disaster for us as it papered over the cracks and allowed cousins free reign for so long this season.

ger121
24/09/2016, 7:19 PM
No chance of Bohs challenging in the next few years, their curren team is dull as sin and was only saved early season by the flair of Ben Mohamed who is now gone. With the move to the new stadium being the main focus its unlikely they will be able to build any sort of challenge before then or even in the early days in the new stadium.

I think those black and red stripes on your Jersey have got you mixed up as to who you support. Yes we are average enough but this black and red striped team will still be in the Premier next season. Would be more worried about the performances, or lack thereof of your own side. Sure you'll have plenty of time to think about it in the 1st next year.

outspoken
24/09/2016, 7:22 PM
I think those black and red stripes on your Jersey have got you mixed up as to who you support. Yes we are average enough but this black and red striped team will still be in the Premier next season. Would be more worried about the performances, or lack thereof of your own side. Sure you'll have plenty of time to think about it in the 1st next year.

Can say what you like about us, we had 1 shot on target all night and you barely looked the better side. Took a set piece to beat us. Dreadful match, two dreadful sides. Bohs will be in trouble over the next few seasons judging by their form this season regardless of a 5th/6th place finish