PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid(b 1982)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

livehead1
29/12/2004, 4:11 PM
who saw reids goal yesterday against sunderland....he wasnt great all round but he is showing more and more signs that he can be a world class player. a fantastic goal and now for the first time , i think that he deserves to go to a better club than topsy turvy tottenham! wat does every1 else think....he'd do a better job on liverpools left than harry kant kross kewell

Adrianovic
29/12/2004, 6:43 PM
He's a good player and when we sell him we're going to miss his trickery and productivity dearly, I don't think he's better than Harry Kewell though.

The acid test for Reider will be playing against Premiership opposition, that's when it'll become clear how many levels he can step up.

Ade

dr_peepee
29/12/2004, 7:27 PM
I don't think a move to spurs will materialize. They've just bought a swiss left winger.

I'd say Villa, Charlton or Birmingham

thejollyrodger
29/12/2004, 7:32 PM
I reckon he will go to Villa. Wouldnt be a bad move either, O leary is doing a good job there and he should get plenty of first team football

1MickCollins
29/12/2004, 10:22 PM
The acid test for Reider will be playing against Premiership opposition, that's when it'll become clear how many levels he can step up.

Excellent point, I think he will have to work on the bod a bit and increase his stamina. He also doesn't have great pace. But he has vision and technical ability, but I hope he doesn't become another McPhail.

DolansWaistcoat
29/12/2004, 10:53 PM
I think he should go to any premiership club he can get except the relegation fodder West brom,norwich,and co.

Spurs are sh!t and playing above themselves at the moment like everton but at least they'll be in the prem next year.

If he stays at Forrest,next year he could be in coca cola second nationwide division league 2 or whatever it's feckin called these days.

Needs to move to the top flight for himself and for Ireland. :ball:

Fergie's Son
30/12/2004, 4:13 AM
According to the Guardian he was the best player on the pitch yesterday. I wouldn't compare him to McPhail. He has done a lot more than McPhail ever has already and he is a totally different player. A move to Villa would make sense as I think O'Leary would discipline him. Fingers are definitely crossed for Mr. Reid.

Stuttgart88
30/12/2004, 7:31 AM
As per Fergie's Son's remark, here is what The Guardian said about Reid's performance against Sunderland:

Within six minutes Forest were level. Thomas Myhre and his captain Gary Breen left the ball for each other on the edge of the area but it spun back to Andy Reid, who chipped it back superbly into an empty net. He deserved such a clever goal because he was by far the game's best player, with the majority of Forest's moves going through him.

thejollyrodger
30/12/2004, 12:11 PM
Reid will go since forest's debt is so bad and he doesnt want to hang about. I would give Spurs new manager a while before I would judge him but Reid really needs a club that wont be fighting for relegation.

Who is this McPhail fella?!
Its Mc Fail :P

livehead1
30/12/2004, 3:02 PM
I think he will have to work on the bod a bit and increase his stamina. He also doesn't have great pace. But he has vision and technical ability, but I hope he doesn't become another McPhail.

from whenever i see him play for forest i don't think that he lacks stamina, indeed he looks like one of the fittest we have. what generally happens is reid drops deep in the centre and the keeper gives reid the ball who then proceeds to run with it untill passing or losing it! but he is always on the move never stopping and plays his heart out for forest. also....my mate is at the forest academy and i can remember aslin him who the next one to make the grade would be (just over two years ago)..and he sed :o andy reid :o had more skill than anyone and the hardest shot he had ever seen....however the next person he mentioned was :eek: brian cash :eek: ....lol

on the john thompson note....hes had a few bad injuries for forest that have kept him out for a good while but i dont think that he will every cut it at the very top level, decent nationwide defender.

Adrianovic
30/12/2004, 4:53 PM
Reid will go since forest's debt is so bad and he doesnt want to hang about.

It's not that the debt is so bad, its more the team. You can only hold a player for so long before it becomes unfair. He and Michael Dawson are head and shoulders above everyone else.

I'm a bit miffed at why Cash never got a chance, he's a good player, just had a bad record with managers.

Ade

livehead1
30/12/2004, 7:28 PM
i reckon cash fell at the fact he couldnt put his foot on the ball simply enough and pass it off...always one trick too man as they say

Slash/ED
30/12/2004, 9:20 PM
He also doesn't have great pace..

I disagree. He may look overweight but he's actually very very quick when he wants to be.

livehead1
01/01/2005, 10:19 PM
ye i'll second that, hes a very quick player on and off the ball

JimmyP
02/01/2005, 12:28 PM
skysports website 2 Jan 2005:
Harford wants Reid stay
by Simon Fudge

Nottingham Forest caretaker manager Mick Harford is hoping midfielder Andy Reid does not leave in the January transfer window.
The Republic of Ireland international has attracted the interest of several Premiership clubs - with Forest having rebuffed Tottenham's interest in the 22-year-old back in the summer.
With the window now open for the month, Everton and Charlton Athletic have also been linked with luring the youngster's services away from The City Ground.
With Forest second from bottom and six points adrift of safety, Harford is desperate to have Reid in his side for the relegation dogfight that faces the East Midlands club.
"Andy is very important to this football club and I don't want him to go," Harford said.
"He's our most creative player and we've got a far better chance of staying up, if he stays.
"I like him as a professional and a person and want him here. He's going to be linked with Premiership clubs, but that's because he's a quality player.
"I've heard nothing as yet, but the position we're in here is alarming and it's going to affect our chances, if he goes."

Adrianovic
02/01/2005, 7:44 PM
Nobody cares about Forest's "position". Reid should get out now and let them make their few quid out of him - they'll need it when they're playing Colchester in front of 4,000 next season. Reid can do a hell of a lot better in a division where he'll be tested even further.

We've won 2 European Cups son, sleeping giants, that's all. :mad: ;)

It's just a quote to get his name around in the media and see if we can attract any more bids. Also, it prepares the excuse to any fans who are surprised to see him go that the club at least made the effort to try and do so.

Reid is fit enough to do any 90 minutes you like and he has great acceleration, although I concede his top speed isn't Duffers.

Ade

onenilgameover
02/01/2005, 8:34 PM
Very little speculation as the window opens. I reckon he'ill be stayin at Forest in a bid to save em' from the drop just like last year. He has to move either way in the summer. Villa would be a great move but looks like too much of a risk at the price Forest are looking for. Its not the best postion for a footballer so good luck to him..... he needs to keep his head down and wait........his time will come I only hope its sooner rather than later.

dr_peepee
03/01/2005, 7:26 AM
Not a hope of him staying. He stayed last year to aid the relegation battle after the chairman gave 'his word' that should an acceptable offer come in the the summer he could go then. Only for the chairman to go back on his word. That's what the trouble was earlier in the season.

Yet another example of loyalty being a vice in any footballer. You have to think of yourself and rightly so. Clubs dispose of players at the drop of a hat if they feel they're surplus to requirement. When a player outgrows a club he should move on. Obviously I'm not talking of doing a Van Hooijdonk....

livehead1
03/01/2005, 12:57 PM
the media hype around him in nottingham is quieter than ever at the moment. i really dont know who is willing to fork out the money, reid is keeping quiet as well. i think theres a chance of him staying

Adrianovic
03/01/2005, 1:02 PM
Captain today, his last game before he leaves no doubt.

We did the same gesture for Jermaine Jenas a few games before he went.

Ade

livehead1
03/01/2005, 1:55 PM
no its nothing to do with that. hes been 3rd in line all season behind johnson and dawson.....reid was poor 2day

kavanagh just scored an outstanding goal, ran past majority of the forest side n slammed it in the top corner and got man of the match!

tricky_colour
03/01/2005, 2:54 PM
Forest now have one foot firmly planted in the coco cola league one
(old third division).

I think if Forest get any kind of offer for him they will have to let him go
as there is not that much time left on his contract.

Looks like Villa are favourites to make a bid for him.

loscherland
07/01/2005, 12:24 PM
"Spurs boss Martin Jol is very confident of landing Andy Reid after Tottenham tabled an improved bid worth up to £4m for the Forest midfielder. (Daily Mail) "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4153647.stm

Adrianovic
07/01/2005, 6:28 PM
The team for tomorrow's FA Cup game will be the giveaway.

Spurs or whoever won't want him cup-tied.

I'd take £4m and thank Andy for his services, after his initial sulking he has been superb for us this season. We probably won't stand a chance of survival without him, but I doubt we have any with him - and how long can you hold back the lad? Also, next opportunity to sell would be at the end of the season, when we would be in League One and could only get about £1m for him at best.

Ade

livehead1
08/01/2005, 12:09 AM
i dunno if hes gona go, this has been draggin on for so long, i think it depends more on forest position do they
A) reject the offer realising they need reid to have any chance of staying up but also realising if they do go down the fee will be more than halved
B) take the money as there probably going down anyway but at the same time demoralise the players and fans by basically admitting defeat in the battle to not only keep andy reid but also against relegation

complicated one! no doubt whatever they do it will be wrong!
also i have a feeling reid may not want to leave untill the summer as it would really hurt him to see forest go down and may want to try his very hardest knowing regardless of what happens there will always be interest in him in the summer

Eirambler
08/01/2005, 12:39 PM
I'd take £4m and thank Andy for his services, after his initial sulking he has been superb for us this season. We probably won't stand a chance of survival without him, but I doubt we have any with him - and how long can you hold back the lad? Also, next opportunity to sell would be at the end of the season, when we would be in League One and could only get about £1m for him at best.

For £4m you could take your pick of the best players in the Championship and League 1. Would they not be better off selling him, and getting 4 or 5 new lads with the money. They's be much more likely to stay up then.

Derby were in a similar position to this last season, and more or less rebuilt their team in the second half of the season with foreign imports, and stayed up.

Eirambler
08/01/2005, 2:44 PM
Reid starts today and has already scored, forest 2-0 up.

Also Yeates on the bench for spurs, hope he gets a run, he sounds promising.

eirebhoy
08/01/2005, 2:56 PM
Reid starts today and has already scored, forest 2-0 up.

Also Yeates on the bench for spurs, hope he gets a run, he sounds promising.
Jol really rates Yeates, he was on the bench for the last premiership match too and Jol never stops talking about him. He also rates Kelly who started.

Alan Mahon, Alan Lee, Joey O'Brien and Tony Scully (for anyone that cares) also scored.

Adrianovic
08/01/2005, 3:59 PM
Reid was the man today, he had the fans chanting his name all game and he lapped it up and put on a show.

He's cup tied now, so maybe he is staying.

I can't believe we won 3-0.

Ade

tricky_colour
09/01/2005, 5:58 AM
Reid was the man today, he had the fans chanting his name all game and he lapped it up and put on a show.

He's cup tied now, so maybe he is staying.

I can't believe we won 3-0.

Ade

Me too, I had to check which league QPR are in (I assumed a division or too
below Forest) but there are in the same division 10 places above Forest.
And it was away from home too!!!!

He scored his goal from a free kick too, which probably increases his value.

livehead1
09/01/2005, 6:52 PM
your source isn't very original seeing as though its been talked about for 18months and was in the national newspapers at the weekend. i dont see reid leaving unless megson wants to sell him.

just for the count. how many forest fans are on this board?
make me 1

Plastic Paddy
09/01/2005, 7:15 PM
i dont see reid leaving unless megson wants to sell him.

just for the count. how many forest fans are on this board?
make me 1

Well, as a Forest fan, maybe you can tell me about Megson joining the club? Is it worth a trip to the bookies tomorrow morning? :p :D

:D PP

livehead1
09/01/2005, 9:00 PM
i know a lad who plays at the forest academy and he said that harford sent all the lads a text like a group text thing saying thanks for all the hard work etc etc , and that hes not sure about his own future cos he dont have a contract and megson is gonna be appointed in the morning....my mate wouldn't have it wrong!

Plastic Paddy
09/01/2005, 9:05 PM
i know a lad who plays at the forest academy and he said that harford sent all the lads a text like a group text thing saying thanks for all the hard work etc etc , and that hes not sure about his own future cos he dont have a contract and megson is gonna be appointed in the morning....my mate wouldn't have it wrong!

Sounds like it's worth a fiver stake at any rate...

:) PP

Irish_Praha
10/01/2005, 10:06 AM
I'm a Forest fan too. I'd be fairly happy if Megson is appointed.

Plastic Paddy
10/01/2005, 10:12 AM
It's been confirmed on the BBC website that Megson is the man. Hats off to livehead1. :)

:D PP

---

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/4160373.stm

Forest appoint Megson as manager

Nottingham Forest have confirmed the appointment of Gary Megson as the club's new manager. Megson, 45, takes over from acting boss Mick Harford, who took temporary charge of the club when former manager Joe Kinnear walked out in December.

"Candidates of the track record of Gary Megson become available infrequently and it was too good an opportunity to miss," said chairman Nigel Doughty.

Harford leaves the City Ground along with first-team coach Des Walker.

Doughty added: ""We felt we had to make a change at this particular time.

"If we had left it another five games and remained in the same position in the Championship table, not only would we have found ourselves with a strategy that wasn't working but also one that we could not change.

"It would have been virtually impossible to attract a manager of genuine quality to the club with so few games remaining.

"I would like to thank Mick Harford for the way he has led the club and conducted himself since the resignation of Joe Kinnear.

"He has brought a refreshing honesty and dignity to the position and I would like to wish him all the best in his future career."

Megson has been out of work since being sacked by West Brom in October after saying he would quit at the end of his contract in June.

He began his managerial career with Norwich in December 1995 and has also had spells with Blackpool, Stockport and Stoke.

Megson, who spent over four years at West Brom, took over with the Baggies in the lower half of Division One.

Megson sacked by West Brom

He guided them into the Premiership in only his second full season but they lasted just one year in the top flight.

Megson again got them promoted in 2004 but his relationship with the West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace deteriorated.

A much-travelled midfielder in his playing days, Megson spent three months at the City Ground in 1984 but failed to make a single appearance under Brian Clough.

Adrianovic
10/01/2005, 12:15 PM
Make me the third! We've got quite a Forest mini-community on here. :cool:

I'm happy with Megson, I think he'll give us a fighting chance of staying up if nothing else. And if we do go down, he'll be there to pick up the pieces and pull a few strings to help us back up next season.

Ade

eirebhoy
10/01/2005, 12:59 PM
New Forest loan signing, French U-21 Yoann Folly:

“I just came to the club a couple of days ago, but from what I’ve seen Andy Reid will be crucial to our chances of staying up.

“It was very good to play with him. When you play with someone as good as Andy it makes your game easier. He can pass the ball well and is always available to give the ball to.

“If Forest want to survive, we must make sure he stays.”

livehead1
10/01/2005, 3:41 PM
thank you thank you. dont wanna spoil all the fun but it appears the chances of mr reid departing have increased wit megson coming....word has it that he's looking to get jason koumas on loan till end of the season, with him not in the west brom side and then that will allow them 2 sell reid.... dunno how likely but definately an option thats being considered

Adrianovic
10/01/2005, 3:48 PM
If thats true then I'd accept that as well. Get the money for Reid now and bring in Koumas, who I distinctly remember tearing us to pieces a few seasons back.

He might not be Premiership class, but Koumas is handy enough.

Ade

loscherland
12/01/2005, 12:41 PM
Tottenham and Southampton have had £4m bids for Andy Reid knocked back by Nottingham Forest who are said to want a further £500,000 for the 22-year-old winger. (The Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4166871.stm

tricky_colour
12/01/2005, 1:15 PM
Tottenham and Southampton have had £4m bids for Andy Reid knocked back by Nottingham Forest who are said to want a further £500,000 for the 22-year-old winger. (The Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4166871.stm

Its a done deal according to the Mirror (for £4.5m)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/tm_objectid=15067509&method=full&siteid=50143&headline=football--spurs-tie-up-reid-name_page.html

It will be good to get chance to see more of him on TV.

drummerboy
12/01/2005, 1:25 PM
I'm a Spurs supporter and regularly read diifferent spurs message boards and I'd be slightly concerned about Andy’s pending transfer to Spurs. A lot of dissatisfaction among supporters about the price Spurs are being asked to pay for her, while at the same time Routeledge of Palace is going for a quarter of Reids price, and can play in Spurs problem position, right wing.. Andy's also been tagged as Fat. Hopefully if he does go the majority of fans will get behind him, as they do Robbie Keane.

Dan K
12/01/2005, 1:39 PM
Well I'm a Saints fan and Reid is exactly what we need. I just hope Folly is telling him about how beautiful a place Southampton is to live. ;)

tricky_colour
12/01/2005, 1:47 PM
I think £4.5 million is pretty cheap in reality, he can only
improve in the premiership (I hope).
I would not be surprised if he doubles in value in a years time.

It will be good that he is playing alongside Robbie, but I think
they already link up well.

livehead1
12/01/2005, 11:21 PM
Reid is a better player than Routledge at the moment, with more experience. He also scores more goals and has 12 international caps (playing against the likes of Brazil). Routledge seems to have bags of talent but does it really matter that a few trashy newspapers and fans have labelled Reid fat as long as he can ghost past players with the regularity and skill he does at Forest. He will be a hit wherever he goes and I think that is why theres quite a reasonable amount of money placed on his head. Saying that, its less that spurs were gonna pay last summer when they offered just over 5m and Rohan Ricketts

Stuttgart88
13/01/2005, 9:58 AM
I honestly think if Reid was English he'd be long out of Div1 and for a much higher price.

If Spurs fans are looking at Routledge over Reid then it's only because they can't see outside the Premiership, like every other PL fan and the English national coach.

Luckily Brian Kerr doesn't think this way.

eirebhoy
13/01/2005, 3:21 PM
Reid is on his way to Spurs. I still think he needs to trim down a slight bit. he looks a great prospect and I wish him every success at the Lane.
Megson is now his 3rd coach in 18 month's, I'm sure if there was anything there to get rid of it would be long gone. There's no way he's overweight, just a bit Richard Dunne like. :)

eirebhoy
13/01/2005, 4:06 PM
I'd almost want Reid to go to Soton just to spite the Spurs fans. I've been reading the 606 message boards and the majority of Spurs fans don't want Reid while I haven't seen anyone say a bad word about Reid on the Soton board. A couple of cuts from the Southampton board:

es, Yes, Yes.

When I read that this morning on ceefax I almost.....

So did I - there's no way he'll join us IMHO. Will want to go to a big club and earn lots of dosh.

and a few from the Spurs board:

WE HAVE TO GET REID

No we don't!

We should only get him if they accept £3mill max, he isn't worth a penny more!

What would put me off though is that he will most likely never get European football with Soton while Spurs are on the up. I'd love someone else (Villa) to come in for him TBH.

Bowsy
13/01/2005, 4:32 PM
What would put me off though is that he will most likely never get European football with Soton while Spurs are on the up. I'd love someone else (Villa) to come in for him TBH.

To be honest i wouldn't be to disapproving of the Spurs messages. Your average Spurs fan would probably have a lot poorer knowledge of Reid's quality than the average poster on this board who is constantly checking on his form.

Spurs would be a great move. Good chance of making it into the side, good manager, on the up and up etc.

That said would also like to see him go to a team like Charlton or Villa for similar reasons. Would be a good signing for the Saints but there is the distinct risk of them going down this season.

Also agree with Stuttgart on the if Reid was English comment. Amazing the money blown on players because they are an England/potential England player.