PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Prem Rep!
11/01/2006, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=Clifford]lads whats with this if you play for avenue oscar traynor bull. avenue have been the most successfull clare team in the last 20 years. ]

Nobody is doubting that Avenue deserve to have players on the OT. What we were saying is that they have been the only team who have always been regularly represented. It has improved in recent years but it is not so long ago when the OT was being represented by only 3 or 4 clubs. I think it was only until Hughie was out of the job that a proper audit of the Clare footballing scene was carried out and gave other clubs a chance for represenation. Hughie kept those who impressed but I don't think they would have been given the opportunity without the likes of Ed Corry's influence. I think if Hughie had his way he would be happy to put out the Avenue A side every Sunday (compliment to Avenue by the way). All in all though he has done a good job in his second term!

old boy
11/01/2006, 12:39 PM
lads whats with this if you play for avenue oscar traynor bull. avenue have been the most successfull clare team in the last 20 years. therefore it would only make sense that they would be well represented,,,,,, but take 1997 for instance avenue got to semi fai and we had 8,7,6,5,4,3,no we had 2 players on traynor team. ok the following year we had seven but that was more down to a certain manager (4 r 5 of those were new signings). there has also been other years when we had 1r2 on team but warranted more.
there probably has only been 1 r 2 down through the years that can count themselves lucky to be playing for clare but any avenue player on traynor team is there on merit and performance.
its only in the last 5 years or so that other teams outside the big ones are getting more coverage and recognition. and the fact that hugh actually gets off his arse and goes and watches all teams in all divisions.

would disagree on a lot of your comments
involved in oscar traynor in earlier years & i can tell you a lot of avenue players included in original panels but would not bother turning up for training session in syntex pitch in clarecastle ... so manager then had to call up new players.... a lot of it then came down to certain managers would not pick avenue players as the assumed they would not turn up... if only they were all like gearoid mannion .. always proud to represent his county :eek: :eek:

Clifford
11/01/2006, 12:56 PM
would disagree on a lot of your comments
involved in oscar traynor in earlier years & i can tell you a lot of avenue players included in original panels but would not bother turning up for training session in syntex pitch in clarecastle ... so manager then had to call up new players.... a lot of it then came down to certain managers would not pick avenue players as the assumed they would not turn up... if only they were all like gearoid mannion .. always proud to represent his county :eek: :eek:

that is a silly attitude to have on both sides. not wanting to play for clare (know some avenue players) and not picking someone cause u thought they wouldn't turn up. back then traynor team was run poor, got poor coverage and set up was a joke. you were lucky to be feed if you did at all. (bit like keano club r country hahah)
in fairness to hugh etc he has turned and its more professionally run and attitudes are changing.
as for mannix the greatest player in the history of avenue, and possably clare, that man is a living legend. i bet he could still do a job for the traynor side.

Clifford
11/01/2006, 12:58 PM
I think if Hughie had his way he would be happy to put out the Avenue A side every Sunday (compliment to Avenue by the way). All in all though he has done a good job in his second term![/QUOTE]

he'd have been more confident of getting 3 points last sunday then.

Clifford
11/01/2006, 1:01 PM
I think if Hughie had his way he would be happy to put out the Avenue A side every Sunday (compliment to Avenue by the way). All in all though he has done a good job in his second term!

he'd have been more confident of getting 3 points last sunday then.[/QUOTE]

relax only pulling your leg. i'd be quiet happy if there was no avenue and players from 3rd 2nd division on it. if your good enough and the best player for that position, i wouldn,t have a problem who they played with. go on the banner.

old boy
11/01/2006, 1:51 PM
that is a silly attitude to have on both sides. not wanting to play for clare (know some avenue players) and not picking someone cause u thought they wouldn't turn up. back then traynor team was run poor, got poor coverage and set up was a joke. you were lucky to be feed if you did at all. (bit like keano club r country hahah)
in fairness to hugh etc he has turned and its more professionally run and attitudes are changing.
as for mannix the greatest player in the history of avenue, and possably clare, that man is a living legend. i bet he could still do a job for the traynor side.

yes would agree with the mannix part.... but again every club
have their own legends .. but very few would match mannix

Clifford
11/01/2006, 2:56 PM
Dave wall scored over 40 goals for fairview 2-3 seasons ago.We dont have a better striker in clare.Maybe u should have been playing plasticpitch......

the man could play in goals and still be quality.
he stood out in newtown oly game by a mile.

plasticpitch
11/01/2006, 6:13 PM
Dave wall scored over 40 goals for fairview 2-3 seasons ago.We dont have a better striker in clare.Maybe u should have been playing plasticpitch......
well i stand corrected.. i'm glad we have a player of his ability . just don't know if we have the players to create for him. when he was at fairview i'm sure they had a very strong team and won the fai on a couple of occasions... just thinking that he might get more goals from midfield where he will be on the ball more

loose cannon
12/01/2006, 1:07 PM
I would think that a midfield of lawlor,O'Malley, Jocks and John Ryan would probably be as good as clare can offer, provided Davy wall is up front. They offer a good balance in the middle of the park,creative and competitive what more do you want? or who else?

First
12/01/2006, 2:15 PM

Lads lets not build up Mannix to something he wasn't , he was a decent player and from what I remember playing against him the only thing he was legendary for was his big mouth.

old boy
12/01/2006, 3:41 PM
Lads lets not build up Mannix to something he wasn't , he was a decent player and from what I remember playing against him the only thing he was legendary for was his big mouth.

all i will say is i hope you acheive half as much in your career as mannix acheived.... will agree about his big mouth,,, but how many other good players have big mouths / kick lumps out of you etc...and still play football :eek: :cool:

First
12/01/2006, 4:51 PM
all i will say is i hope you acheive half as much in your career as mannix acheived.... will agree about his big mouth,,, but how many other good players have big mouths / kick lumps out of you etc...and still play football :eek: :cool:

Achieved

Spudd
12/01/2006, 5:25 PM
Wow,good for you mate!:rolleyes:
you must have been good then ey!
Three cheers for first........hip hip horay!.........hip hip ....etc

old boy
13/01/2006, 8:13 AM
Achieved

fair enough .... did u happen to play on same avenue team as mannix... only way i could see you doing so well :confused: ::confused:

so anybody you would class a great players / "legends "

old boy
13/01/2006, 8:43 AM

c'mon now spudd you must know a few legends at newtown

i know a few who think they are :eek: :eek:

First
13/01/2006, 9:02 AM

Thanks Spudd ,

First
13/01/2006, 9:04 AM
fair enough .... did u happen to play on same avenue team as mannix... only way i could see you doing so well :confused: ::confused:

so anybody you would class a great players / "legends "

Clare isn't the only league you can play in

old boy
13/01/2006, 9:19 AM

i know but it is the best league to play in (only joking)

must have been inside in limerick ,, are u still playing

see some of the threads under limerick priemer .. all the other clubs still hate pike rovers is it really that bad :confused: :confused:

Spudd
13/01/2006, 9:21 AM
i know a few who think they are :eek: :eek:

Go on then,name a few...cant wait for this! :D

shelbourne1904
13/01/2006, 9:29 AM

I remember Mannix when he was 18 lining a pitch in Our Ladies when he played for Lifford for a game against Newtown.Newtown won 10-2,believe it or not.After that he went to the New Avenue and has never looked back.I would say he is up there withe all time greats of Clare football.He was never beaten till the final whistle blew.Whether you were better than him or not he still made your life a misery and was well able to play also.

I know this is unfair to bring up but to this day I will never forget the FAI Junior Cup Final in Dalymount when he was playing against the Irish international outside left at the time.Someone lost the ball in midfield and Mannix left his winger to go inside,the ball was played out to the winger and he scored the first Cherry Orchard goal unmarked.Avenue were on top up to then but eventually lost 0-2.

This was the one and only time I saw anyone get the better of him!!

A TRUE LEGEND!!!

old boy
13/01/2006, 9:45 AM
Go on then,name a few...cant wait for this! :D

you mean you don't know them....

1-2 still playing ... so i better not mention names..

maybee shelbourne will give his view on his newtown greats & not so greats :eek:

Clifford
13/01/2006, 10:18 AM
I remember Mannix when he was 18 lining a pitch in Our Ladies when he played for Lifford for a game against Newtown.Newtown won 10-2,believe it or not.After that he went to the New Avenue and has never looked back.I would say he is up there withe all time greats of Clare football.He was never beaten till the final whistle blew.Whether you were better than him or not he still made your life a misery and was well able to play also.

I know this is unfair to bring up but to this day I will never forget the FAI Junior Cup Final in Dalymount when he was playing against the Irish international outside left at the time.Someone lost the ball in midfield and Mannix left his winger to go inside,the ball was played out to the winger and he scored the first Cherry Orchard goal unmarked.Avenue were on top up to then but eventually lost 0-2.

This was the one and only time I saw anyone get the better of him!!

A TRUE LEGEND!!!

sorry shels the first goal avenue gave away that day was a penalty. skinny casey jumped into forward who was taking it down on his chest. shielded it and went down. second goal was a mannix mistake where he let it bounce under his foot as he tried to clear it. winger stole in and even though jp got to it it trickled in.

still a legend though.

Clifford
13/01/2006, 10:21 AM

in other words he destroyed you. hahaha

Clifford
13/01/2006, 10:22 AM

so what league and club did you achieve in?

you might be a legend yourself.

Clifford
13/01/2006, 10:26 AM
looks like avenues game in munster senior cup in cork is off this week. pitch waterlogged. whats chances of tiermaclane been playable sunday. r games going ahead r is there a blanket ban. also heard that schoolboys look like been pulled as well if it keeps raining today.

First
13/01/2006, 11:15 AM
so what league and club did you achieve in?

you might be a legend yourself.

That would be giving too much information away.
Only Avenue legends - John O' Connor and Colm "Blackie" Mounsey and Brian Donnellan became a legend after he wore the red and white.
;) ;)

old boy
13/01/2006, 12:13 PM
Well i personally know first and mannix wouldnt lace his boots.Go back to the N.F.L league you ****

MOD EDIT:PERSONAL INSULTS WILL RESULT IN A BAN.

tommy.... clifford only asked a simple question

we are talking about a player (mannix) who gave 110% to clare league soccer.. ok i know mannix had his faults as a player obviously beter players on the ball out there ..
but everything else was there heart / passion / attitude , etc
how many times did you see him play / play against him...

this is only our opioion of people invlolved in clare league ... very easy to slag us off ... we are all not superstars from the great limerick league ..:eek: :eek:

see's it
13/01/2006, 12:32 PM
i know but it is the best league to play in (only joking)

must have been inside in limerick ,, are u still playing

see some of the threads under limerick priemer .. all the other clubs still hate pike rovers is it really that bad :confused: :confused:

all the big clubs in limerick hate each other the rest are just jealous of what pike have i.e decent clubhouse and 1 of the best junior pitches in the country....

Clifford
13/01/2006, 12:45 PM
Well i personally know first and mannix wouldnt lace his boots.Go back to the N.F.L league you ****

MOD EDIT:PERSONAL INSULTS WILL RESULT IN A BAN.

haha sticks and stones. don't mind that but n. f. l ????? is that nationa football league as in gaelic???? come on tommy get it together.

Clifford
13/01/2006, 12:50 PM
That would be giving too much information away.
Only Avenue legends - John O' Connor and Colm "Blackie" Mounsey and Brian Donnellan became a legend after he wore the red and white.
;) ;)

agree with those throw in skinny. i had a suspicion you were a red and white. in fact if you are who i think you are you have legendry status in my eyes already. the best player i've marked (tried to mark)
i take it your a good golfer as well? r am i barking up the wrong tree.
(keep it clean tommy)

Clifford
13/01/2006, 12:58 PM
tommy.... clifford only asked a simple question

we are talking about a player (mannix) who gave 110% to clare league soccer.. ok i know mannix had his faults as a player obviously beter players on the ball out there ..
but everything else was there heart / passion / attitude , etc
how many times did you see him play / play against him...

this is only our opioion of people invlolved in clare league ... very easy to slag us off ... we are all not superstars from the great limerick league ..:eek: :eek:

thank you old boy,
i'm not having a pop at first, but played with a lot of those lads mentioned and many more good players and if i was to name one player to have in my corner mannix be the one. (a committed cossie the other)

CousinSylDolan
13/01/2006, 1:14 PM
All youths and U 17 games tomorrow are off...
Also all games Sunday bar Premier are off too...

Decision to be made on the premier games later today.

First
13/01/2006, 1:14 PM
agree with those throw in skinny. i had a suspicion you were a red and white. in fact if you are who i think you are you have legendry status in my eyes already. the best player i've marked (tried to mark)
(keep it clean tommy)

Wrong tree , right forest

Clifford
13/01/2006, 1:25 PM
Wrong tree , right forest

would that be the clubs in the bag or the ball in the forest?

Clifford
13/01/2006, 1:28 PM
All youths and U 17 games tomorrow are off...
Also all games Sunday bar Premier are off too...

Decision to be made on the premier games later today.

do you know anything about underage games?

CousinSylDolan
13/01/2006, 1:32 PM
do you know anything about underage games?

I heard this morning they were all off too but not 100% sure on that.

Clifford
13/01/2006, 1:41 PM
cheers.
will it be same fixtures next week.
traynor on saturday. sur no prem games and oly and corofin have players on team so they'l not be playing sunday?

CousinSylDolan
13/01/2006, 1:43 PM
cheers.
will it be same fixtures next week.
traynor on saturday. sur no prem games and oly and corofin have players on team so they'l not be playing sunday?

Correct... OT team play in Cork next Saturday so any team with players involved in this game will not have a fixture on the Sunday.

OpenGoal
13/01/2006, 1:53 PM
what a plie of sh*t. why cant oscar traynor matches be played midweek under floodlights? Combination of calling off matches unneccessarily and now this Oscar Traynor business is ruining the season. A few teams in the 1st division(oly & corofin) have only a handful of league games played and this looks set to continue while the current monkeys are in charge.

Clifford
13/01/2006, 2:52 PM
what a plie of sh*t. why cant oscar traynor matches be played midweek under floodlights? Combination of calling off matches unneccessarily and now this Oscar Traynor business is ruining the season. A few teams in the 1st division(oly & corofin) have only a handful of league games played and this looks set to continue while the current monkeys are in charge.

in fairness this game was down to be played twice before christmas and west cork fecked about. it's just unfortunate that the weather is **** in ireland and this weeks fixtures are off. (although i think they shouldn't as by sunday some or most pitches might be playable) oly had good run in munster and fai games also added to them having only played 5 games, not traynor. don't know reason why corofin have only 4 played as i think they went out of everything early.

Clifford
13/01/2006, 2:54 PM
Correct... OT team play in Cork next Saturday so any team with players involved in this game will not have a fixture on the Sunday.

i think avenue are asking for the ballinhassig game to be played. get it out of the way and use the rest of the squad. i suppose they need games before they play star at the end of the month

OpenGoal
13/01/2006, 3:37 PM
in fairness this game was down to be played twice before christmas and west cork fecked about. it's just unfortunate that the weather is **** in ireland and this weeks fixtures are off. (although i think they shouldn't as by sunday some or most pitches might be playable) oly had good run in munster and fai games also added to them having only played 5 games, not traynor. don't know reason why corofin have only 4 played as i think they went out of everything early.

Yeah, Lydon etc are not responsible for the weather i know, but we(olympic) have had a load of matches called off as part of "blanket bans" when our pitch was perfectly playable. They should let the referee's of each of the particular matches make this decision on a sunday morning.

Also for the OT thing, playing under floodlights in the midweek, is far more appealing to me than wasting a weekend of club footbal, but i guess its different for the players involved. Anyone agree? Or not maybe? We are cancelling games for 120+ players potentially for the sake of 15?? Doesnt make sense to me. Just a suggestion. Anyone on the OT panel here? What do ye think? midweek or weekend?

old boy
13/01/2006, 4:18 PM
thank you old boy,
i'm not having a pop at first, but played with a lot of those lads mentioned and many more good players and if i was to name one player to have in my corner mannix be the one. (a committed cossie the other)

i also played mainly against them ... but also played a few with them.. all worthy opponents

old boy
13/01/2006, 4:20 PM
(keep it clean tommy)

would we be talking red & white centre forward (b.C) if so would back up clifford on quote " tried to mark " :ball: :ball:

CousinSylDolan
16/01/2006, 7:49 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Results

Sunday 15/01/06
Munster Senior Cup 2nd Round
Ballinhassig (P-P) Avenue United

Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Bridge United A 2 Newmarket Celtic A 1

Cratloe Celtic (P-P) Bunratty

Bridge Celtic A 1 Newtown A 3

Rinnanna Rovers A 1 Mountshannon Celtic 0

CousinSylDolan
16/01/2006, 7:50 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 21/01/06
Oscar Traynor Inter League Cup
Skibbereen: West Cork V Clare
Cork Officials 2.00

Clare U17 Soccer League
Bunratty: Bunratty V Turnpike Rovers
P.Markham 2.00

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Fairgreen: Hermitage V Moher Celtic
P.Markham 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats V Newtown
F.Coote 11.30

Ruan: Lifford V Bridge United
D.McCarthy 11.00

Bog Field Sixmilebridge: Cratloe Celtic V Newmarket Celtic A.Murphy 2.30

Sunday 22/01/06
Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Ballycasey: Newtown A V Cratloe Celtic
J.Deniffee 2.30

Lees Road Pitch 2: Lifford A V Bridge United A
P.Markham 2.30

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Avenue United A
D.Mccarthy 11.00

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Newmarket Celtic A P.Cullen 2.30

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V Burren United
J.Stanford 11.00

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Hermitage
A.Murphy 2.00

Lees Road Pitch4: Rock Rovers V Moher Celtic
P.Mulready 2.30

Tiermaclane: Kilmaley United V Avenue United B A.Murphy 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Connolly Celtic
J.Stanford 2.30

SEL Print Second Division League
Norrie Henchies: Tulla United V Cooraclare Celtic

Kilmhill: St.Pats A V Kilrush Rangers
F.Coote 11.00

Lees Road Pitch 4: Turnpike Rovers V Shannon Olympic B D.McCarthy 11.00

Lahinch: Ennistymon Town V Bridge United B
P.Markham m 1.00

Kilkee: Kilkee V Kildysart Celtic
F Coote 2.30

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Quin: Rhine Rovers V St.Pats B

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Rinnanna Rovers B 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Bridge Celtic B

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Lifford B
N.Bennett 2.30

Tuesday 24/01/06
Inter League Youths Cup
Terryland Park: Galway V Clare
Galway Officials 7.00

shelbourne1904
16/01/2006, 11:01 AM
sorry shels the first goal avenue gave away that day was a penalty. skinny casey jumped into forward who was taking it down on his chest. shielded it and went down. second goal was a mannix mistake where he let it bounce under his foot as he tried to clear it. winger stole in and even though jp got to it it trickled in.

still a legend though.
OK I stand corrrected,must be alzheimers...but I still remember him leaving the winger to go inside and the ball played out to the winger who scored.Was it the same guy (outside left) who scored the penno also???

shelbourne1904
16/01/2006, 11:14 AM
you mean you don't know them....

1-2 still playing ... so i better not mention names..

maybee shelbourne will give his view on his newtown greats & not so greats :eek:

Foe sheers class, skill and guts theres only one Sean Lyndsay,next Tommy Mcdade a very cute centrfoward,also played cetre half and won Newtowns first league as a midfield general.Dont forget Rocksy for great guts and energy and he did it up till he was about 50!!!Donal Magee Snr was also rock solid and great in the air at centre half even though he wasnt a big man.What a bout Alan Meehan??

Prem Rep!
16/01/2006, 2:35 PM
its going to be a tough weekend for those involved....games in clare league fixed for day after.........madness if you ask me..........sure what can you do only play but i get your point aswell, lads loose interest and get fustated when there are no fixtures....:cool:

Some big big Prem games also this weekend, premier managers must be having second thoughts about releasing players for Saturdays game. The clare league cannot win in these situations though. If they had cancelled the games they would have received complaints also.

CousinSylDolan
16/01/2006, 2:37 PM
its going to be a tough weekend for those involved....games in clare league fixed for day after.........madness if you ask me.........

All clubs with players involved were contacted and asked if they wanted to play next Sunday or not. Rineanna were the only team to say they would prefer not to play. All other teams asked to play....

Good call from the Lg to give clubs the choice. Lets give them some credit when its due...