PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

tulla b
14/03/2005, 11:57 AM
There was no points available last week in Tulla as is common in cup games... Bunratty A did however pick up 3 points away to Rineanna yesterday. :p
syl watched bunratty A yesterday for the first time this season, have to be honest did'nt look a bad side, good keeper, good defence and strong midfield, although a bit light weight up front. totally bossed rovers apart from a five minute spell in second half. could' nt believe that same side lost out to tulla. :confused:

oldspice
14/03/2005, 12:02 PM
Ok good point but in fairness to kilkishen they are better than the position they are in at the moment and will stay up, i suppose Mountshannon will have to get a positive result on Paddy's day away to Olympic if they want to keep up with the teams at the top, in your view who would be the 4 pushing for the top 3

I think it's really up to Bridge and Olympic to fight it out for top spot, if as I say, they can keep things going. After that, it's likely to be a dogfight for the play-off spot. Nobody (except possibly Kilrush, who have dropped too many points) can be dismissed at this stage as any team is capable of beating any other. Recent results have shown that. Both Corofin and Kilmaley are strong at home as their pitches suit their style of play. Tulla blow very hot and cold judging by their results and while Mountshannon can beat any team in the division, I saw nothing yesterday to suggest that they can string together a decent run of results. Rock seem to go through their good and bad patches but usually suffer when the GAA gets underway. I liked the team spirit that Bunratty had the day we played them but it will anly get you so far ... I think they'll drop away. Then we have Kilkishen, potentially the best team in the division but seem to be blowing it week after week, you can only blame bad luck for so long. If I was to stick my neck out (which you've probably noticed, I'm not inclined to do) I'd say Bridge, Olympic and one of Corofin, Tulla and Kilkishen.

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 12:33 PM
The draw for 3rd round of the Clare cup will be made tonight.

Teams remaining are

Mountshannon
Shannon Olmypic A
Rineanna Rovers A
Tulla United A
Avenue United A
Newtown A
Bunratty B
Avenue United B
Moher Celtic
Bridge Celtic
Newmarket Celtic B
Corofin Harps
Bridge United A
Bridge United B
Rock Rovers
Winners of Hermitage and Newmarket Celtic A

Pauliwallnuts
14/03/2005, 12:40 PM
The 1st division is really wide open isn't it.

Every team is losing games as there seems to be very little to choose between any of them.

Should be a right old ding dong for the rest of the season.

Alot of teams have games in hand but they will need to get points on the board which is proving difficult. There is no team in the division that can say they've had a sustained run of results. If you look at the table most teams have only a 50% win rate right now. If someone can get a sustained run of wins under their belts it would prove decisive.

Good to see that the division should go all the way down to the wire.

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 1:16 PM
The draw for 3rd round of the Clare cup will be made tonight.

Teams remaining are

Mountshannon
Shannon Olmypic A
Rineanna Rovers A
Tulla United A
Avenue United A
Newtown A
Bunratty B
Avenue United B
Moher Celtic
Bridge Celtic
Newmarket Celtic B
Corofin Harps
Bridge United A
Bridge United B
Rock Rovers
Winners of Hermitage and Newmarket Celtic A

Still alot of good teams left,alot will depend on who gets home games, there are between 5 to 10 teams that would have a real chance this year,

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 2:03 PM
Shannon Olympic lost their first league game this season but have not lost since.Would 7 games unbeaten be a sustained run of results? :cool:
Your dead right Handyman, its going to be a good run in and it will go down to who wants it more but all Olympic can do is keep going the way they are and that should see them up, Big game Paddy's day might have to post a watch on the disco to keep one or two out of the knights

MadMick
14/03/2005, 2:11 PM
Your dead right Handyman, its going to be a good run in and it will go down to who wants it more but all Olympic can do is keep going the way they are and that should see them up, Big game Paddy's day might have to post a watch on the disco to keep one or two out of the knights

Well I saw a few on Saturday night!!!!!

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 2:18 PM
Well I saw a few on Saturday night!!!!!

Thats great next time will you send them home in a taxi ,cheers :)

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 2:24 PM
Special Olympic have 11 games left. A long way to go!!!!!!

Will evening games hurt them in any way numbers wise???????

Remaining games are...
Mntshn (h)
Mntshn (a)
Rock (h)
Rock (a)
Corofin (a)
Tulla (h)
Bunratty B (h)
Bunratty B (a)
Kilmaley (a)
Bridge Cel (a)
Kilkishen (h)

Couple of tough ones left.

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 2:34 PM
Special Olympic have 11 games left. A long way to go!!!!!!

Will evening games hurt them in any way numbers wise???????

Remaining games are...
Mntshn (h)
Mntshn (a)
Rock (h)
Rock (a)
Corofin (a)
Tulla (h)
Bunratty B (h)
Bunratty B (a)
Kilmaley (a)
Bridge Cel (a)
Kilkishen (h)

Couple of tough ones left.,

Yip alot of tough ones but sure its better for the division to be like that and its the same for all the other teams, points will be droped by each team but since you are keeping such a close eye on Olympic they have aleady played rock away and drew which is one point closer to going up so you can take one of those games off the list :p

MadMick
14/03/2005, 2:36 PM
Same here the club captain leading by example-what a joke :D

I don't care let them off they will blow it again and then blame someonelse, no self control or respect for anyone at the club!!! They don't deserve to go up with this behaviour, I feel sorry for the ones who stay in and behave themselves. :D :D

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 2:44 PM
I don't care let them off they will blow it again and then blame someonelse, no self control or respect for anyone at the club!!! They don't deserve to go up with this behaviour, I feel sorry for the ones who stay in and behave themselves. :D :D

Who is the club captain i didnt know Olympic had one,and as for feeling sorry for the ones who stay in dont worry about them i think they get plenty of sleep when all the other clubs are out searching the disco for Olympic players...do ye have any lives lads,

MadMick
14/03/2005, 3:05 PM
Ya we do.To answer your question though the A team captain is the club captain.Im not here to name names everyone knows who he is especially you 4-4-2.If he was as dedicated as he thinks he would simply go out on friday night and sunday if he wishes.Anyway i dont care but you wont win anything with lads like this.

He wasn't the only one was he Opengoal and Handyman?

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 3:10 PM
Ya we do.To answer your question though the A team captain is the club captain.Im not here to name names everyone knows who he is especially you 4-4-2.If he was as dedicated as he thinks he would simply go out on friday night and sunday if he wishes.Anyway i dont care but you wont win anything with lads like this.,

I think you will find that the Olympic A players will stand side by side each other and if one has to stand up and be called captain then i can think of no one better then the current captain and i for one will do everything he needs me to do to get us up

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 3:15 PM

I think you will find that the Olympic A players will stand side by side each other and if one has to stand up and be called captain then i can think of no one better then the current captain and i for one will do everything he needs me to do to get us up

Do you mean get ye up out of bed or up to the Premier division :D :D :D

Pauliwallnuts
14/03/2005, 3:39 PM
Shannon Olympic lost their first league game this season but have not lost since.Would 7 games unbeaten be a sustained run of results? :cool:

Well you've had 3 draws on that run haven't you & 2 of them coming against the bottom team in the division so you've got to consider that as having dropped 4 points. With your ambitions being so lofty you should be beating Kilrush as most of the other contenders have.

The point I was making anyway was that if one of the teams can get a sustained run of wins together it should prove decisive as everyone is dropping points at the moment.

I think the one team thats capable of that is Bridge Celtic.

MadMick
14/03/2005, 8:06 PM
Well you've had 3 draws on that run haven't you & 2 of them coming against the bottom team in the division so you've got to consider that as having dropped 4 points. With your ambitions being so lofty you should be beating Kilrush as most of the other contenders have.

The point I was making anyway was that if one of the teams can get a sustained run of wins together it should prove decisive as everyone is dropping points at the moment.

I think the one team thats capable of that is Bridge Celtic.

Bridge Celtic are the team of the League and should easily beat Rock and Tulla to take control of the league this weekend!!!! The rest will have to settle for the minor placings in this league, fancy them to get to the Cup Final as well as long as they don't face Bridge Utd, the team is good enough to beat everyone else in the competition.

Ned Kelly
14/03/2005, 10:01 PM
Any tips for Cheltenham Handyman?!!Hermitage for the cup lads??What do ye reckon?

BallBreaker
14/03/2005, 10:47 PM
Haven't been around for a few days so had a lot of catching up to do,i have been involved in clare soccer for a long time and it is rapidly declining,when you have the likes of P---- Dunne still reffing a match it says it all.The Clare league are a joke,i read one comment who said maybe the clare league could show us the way forward(No Chance) they take €30 per player signed into their coffers.They don't want to give anything back to the clubs,As for clubs being loaded and able to afford things(Bullsh!t) no club is loaded they just have a dedicated small number of people who take every opportunity to fundraise,as far players,95% of them never put anything back into the club,what would it take for a few 1st team players to go maybe once or twice a week and train young kids,nah can't be bothered.loads more to say but haven't the time at the moment,i would like to hear your replies as i strongly believe Clare soccer is dying on it's feet :( :(

striker
14/03/2005, 11:22 PM
Haven't been around for a few days so had a lot of catching up to do,i have been involved in clare soccer for a long time and it is rapidly declining,when you have the likes of P---- Dunne still reffing a match it says it all.The Clare league are a joke,i read one comment who said maybe the clare league could show us the way forward(No Chance) they take €30 per player signed into their coffers.They don't want to give anything back to the clubs,As for clubs being loaded and able to afford things(Bullsh!t) no club is loaded they just have a dedicated small number of people who take every opportunity to fundraise,as far players,95% of them never put anything back into the club,what would it take for a few 1st team players to go maybe once or twice a week and train young kids,nah can't be bothered.loads more to say but haven't the time at the moment,i would like to hear your replies as i strongly believe Clare soccer is dying on it's feet :( :(

Totally agree that some people don’t put the time back in, but mentioning names on the site especially a ref (a dieing breed without them you don’t have soccer)that might not be the best and most liked around, but has put year into soccer in Clare,if he retires you have one less.

oldspice
15/03/2005, 7:19 AM
Totally agree that some people don’t put the time back in, but mentioning names on the site especially a ref (a dieing breed without them you don’t have soccer)that might not be the best and most liked around, but has put year into soccer in Clare,if he retires you have one less.

Anyone who witnessed his display last sunday would have to agree that his retirement would be the best thing to happen Clare League soccer ina a very long time. I've been playing for the one club for 23 seasons and always the main reason was for the enjoyment. However, going out on a pitch to endure what that man does to a soccer match couldn't possibly be classed as enjoyment. It's no wonder people slag off Clare League referees. In the past few weeks, I've seen Martin O'Brien who in my opinion reffed our game to a professional standard ... the best I've ever seen in junior soccer, Dave Mc Carthy who did almost as well and Paddy Mulready who, while he made a few mistakes was willing to put his hands up and admit it and ref the game in a fair and sporting manner. Then to have what was a good opinion of the standard of refereeing in clare blown out of the water on sunday last was downright depressing. Rant over ... for now :mad:

4-4-2
15/03/2005, 7:28 AM
Any news on the cup draw last night, did it go ahead

CousinSylDolan
15/03/2005, 7:46 AM
Any news on the cup draw last night, did it go ahead

Waiting for news of it.... Will post it as soon as I get it.

CousinSylDolan
15/03/2005, 8:12 AM
No tips.Cousinsyl had one for us yesterday though did you get on?

Oh he was a sweet little winner before the festival.... Call Oscar in the 5.10 at Stratford yesterday....won it in a photo.

Before anyone asks no I dont have any tips for Cheltenham.....Horse racing is a fraudulent sport....

CousinSylDolan
15/03/2005, 9:14 AM
Here it is Ladies....

Good draw for Bridge Utd A and Specials A....

Clare Cup 3rd Round
Avenue United A V Bridge Celtic A
Mountshannon Cel V Moher Celtic
Bunratty B V Avenue United B
Newmarket Cel A or HermitageVRinnanna Rovers A
Corofin Harps V Tulla United A
Bridge United A V Newmarket Celtic B
Rock Rovers V Newtown A
Bridge United B V Shannon Olympic A

Games to take place on Sunday 27th of March 2005

Clare Cup ¼ Finals
Corofin Harps or Tulla United A V Newmarket Celtic A or Hermitage or Rinnanna Rovers A

Bridge Utd A or Newmarket Cel B V Mountshannon Cel or Moher Celtic

Avenue United A or Bridge Celtic A V Rock Rovers or Newtown A

Bridge United B or Shannon Olympic A V Bunratty B or Avenue United B

Youths Cup ¼ Finals
Turnpike Rovers V Bridge United
Moher Celtic V St.Pats

Lifford A.F.C. V Kilkishen Celtic

Bunratty V Newmarket Celtic

Games to take place on Saturday 26th March 2005

Pauliwallnuts
15/03/2005, 9:33 AM
Why would you think that if everyone is dropping points.They have had 6 months to put a run together but they havent done it.We have been hearing all season they are the best in the division but they lost twice to teams we had no problems with.Maybe mountshannon will put a run together or bunratty b.

True they've had 2 poor losses away from home & I think you'll find that in the 6 months of the season so far have been interrupted by their participation in the FAI & the weather (which goes for all teams). If they get a chance to get a run of games every week & build up a head of steam they could do damage. They beat ye didn't they ??

oldspice
15/03/2005, 9:51 AM
Looking at the 1st division table at the moment, it's difficult to gauge who's really going well because teams have played different numbers of games, so how about this : Mountshannon have 19 points from a possible 33 (11 games) which is a 56% return, Rock : 19 points from 36 or 53%, Corofin : 18 points from 33 or 55%, Olympic : 15 points from 24, 63%, Tulla : 15 points from 27, 56%, Bridge : 13 points from 21, 62%, Kilmaley : 12points from 27, 44%, Bunratty : 8 points from 27, 30%, Kilkishen : 7 points from 21, 33%, and Kilrush : 5 points from 39 : 13%. If my figures are correct, that leaves Olympic on top, slightly ahead of Bridge Celtic, with a gap to Mountshannon and Tulla, Kilrush bring up the rear with Bunratty and Kilkkishen too close for comfort.

4-4-2
15/03/2005, 9:51 AM
Here it is Ladies....

Clare Cup 3rd Round
Rock Rovers V Newtown A

Clare Cup ¼ Finals
Corofin Harps or Tulla United A V Newmarket Celtic A or Hermitage or Rinnanna Rovers A

Youths Cup ¼ Finals
Moher Celtic V St.Pats

Ya i think it was a good draw but i bet connolly felt that aswell and look what happened to them, Olympic will just have to take it one game at a time,

Pauliwallnuts
15/03/2005, 10:09 AM
Anyone know why Kilkee gave Tulla B a walkover at the weekend in Div 3 ??

CousinSylDolan
15/03/2005, 10:47 AM

Tulla United B scr Kilkee W/O

This result means Tulla B scratched the game and Kilkee got the walkover.

leftie
15/03/2005, 11:06 AM
Tulla United B scr Kilkee W/O

This result means Tulla B scratched the game and Kilkee got the walkover.

It's down on a2z as the opposite so someone has got it wrong.

CousinSylDolan
15/03/2005, 11:35 AM
It's down on a2z as the opposite so someone has got it wrong.

Website is wrong!!!!!!!!

leftie
15/03/2005, 11:45 AM
Website is wrong!!!!!!!!

Ok, calm down, I suspected as much. It is strange that the home side would give a walkover. Anyone know why?

Pauliwallnuts
15/03/2005, 12:59 PM
Calling on Tulla B. If he logs on again he should know !!!

Makes alot more sense that way around. I was wondering cause Kilkee have a good shot at winning Div 3 so giving teams walkovers wouldn't be the best way to go about it.

Saying that Avenue B gave Tulla B a walkover last year & still p1ssed Div 3.

4-4-2
15/03/2005, 1:40 PM
Here it is Ladies....

Clare Cup 3rd Round
Rock Rovers V Newtown A

Clare Cup ¼ Finals

Youths Cup ¼ Finals
Moher Celtic V St.Pats

Who do you think will win the cup this year...any dark horse in your opinion

CousinSylDolan
15/03/2005, 1:54 PM
Who do you think will win the cup this year...any dark horse in your opinion

I think the winner will come from Newmarket A, Avenue A or Bridge Utd A...

Dark horses could be Avenue B, Specials A or Bridge Celtic.

(It all seems a bit predictable really)

4-4-2
15/03/2005, 2:06 PM
I think the winner will come from Newmarket A, Avenue A or Bridge Utd A...

Dark horses could be Avenue B, Specials A or Bridge Celtic.

(It all seems a bit predictable really)

Whats the story with Avenue B are they made up of a good bunch of young fellas not ready for the A team yet or is it the other way round alot of older players who can play ball but cant give the time an A team player has to...

leftie
15/03/2005, 2:10 PM
Whats the story with Avenue B are they made up of a good bunch of young fellas not ready for the A team yet or is it the other way round alot of older players who can play ball but cant give the time an A team player has to...

When we played them last year it was made up of their old A team. Older guys who used to play with the A team and allegedly had a falling out.

4-4-2
15/03/2005, 2:13 PM
does anyone agree that teams like tulla b who give walkovers should get punnished for this...kilkee would more than likely have beaten them anyway but you never know on the day...walkovers are a great disadvantage to teams at the top with kilkee....

Not too sure of the rule on walkovers but maybe the team who gives the walkover should be docked 3 points ..they may already be,does anybody know what happens in such cases

OpenGoal
15/03/2005, 3:00 PM
Avenue B will be a good side. How about Bridge B? Anyone know anything about them.............lets hope Olympic can get over their injury crisis quickly :D

oldspice
15/03/2005, 3:11 PM
does anyone agree that teams like tulla b who give walkovers should get punnished for this...kilkee would more than likely have beaten them anyway but you never know on the day...walkovers are a great disadvantage to teams at the top with kilkee....

A team that gives a walkover like that is docked 3 points. This is to discourage teams from doing so and in the Clare Youths league, Turnpike giving a walkover to Bunratty has knocked them out of contention (they lost a possible 6 points ... 3 if they had won the game and 3 docked).

tulla b
15/03/2005, 3:19 PM
we asked the clare league over a month ago for a free weekend, it was our first time since we formed that we looked for a free weekend and it wasn,t given to us. it seems like the bigger clubs can do whatever they like, but the samller clubs can,t. for instance newmarket celtic were giving a free week last week becuase one of the players sister had her 21st!!!. any other club notice this inequality.
p.s. syl you did,nt answer my question?

leftie
15/03/2005, 3:31 PM
we asked the clare league over a month ago for a free weekend, it was our first time since we formed that we looked for a free weekend and it wasn,t given to us. it seems like the bigger clubs can do whatever they like, but the samller clubs can,t. for instance newmarket celtic were giving a free week last week becuase one of the players sister had her 21st!!!. any other club notice this inequality.

To be honest, no I haven't noticed this. Several times in the past we've asked for weekends off and provided we gave enough notice we were successful in doing so. And I wouldn't classify us as one of the bigger clubs.

Pauliwallnuts
15/03/2005, 3:36 PM

No I've never had this problem either & we are a very small club. As long as you send Mike Lydon a letter requesting a free weekend at least 2 weeks in advance of the game then there is not a problem. Did your secretary actually do that or did ye just ring him cause if you only rang you haven't got a leg to stand on. In fairness to Lydon whatever about the restof them he's a sound man & will always help out in any way he can.

oldspice
16/03/2005, 6:55 AM
No I've never had this problem either & we are a very small club. As long as you send Mike Lydon a letter requesting a free weekend at least 2 weeks in advance of the game then there is not a problem. Did your secretary actually do that or did ye just ring him cause if you only rang you haven't got a leg to stand on. In fairness to Lydon whatever about the restof them he's a sound man & will always help out in any way he can.

I couldn't agree more about Mike Lydon. If you're any way reasonable with him he'll help in any way you can. He probably has the toughest job in the Clare league and juggling all those fixtures can't be an easy task. However, as is stated in the Champion every week, you need to give two weeks written notice if you want a free weekend. If your club has done this, then you have a good case for appealing the walkover. Check with your club secretary to see if the notice was given.

OpenGoal
16/03/2005, 8:51 AM
I couldn't agree more about Mike Lydon. If you're any way reasonable with him he'll help in any way you can. He probably has the toughest job in the Clare league and juggling all those fixtures can't be an easy task. However, as is stated in the Champion every week, you need to give two weeks written notice if you want a free weekend. If your club has done this, then you have a good case for appealing the walkover. Check with your club secretary to see if the notice was given.

Have to agree too, he has always been fair to us when requesting weeks off.

Massive week of fooball in the 1st division. Olympic playing the two teams above them in the league, Rock and Mountshannon. Havent played mountshannon yet, but expecting them to be strong. We should be back to near full strength for this match so may be three points there for us. Having drawn with Rock away earlier in the season we will also hope to take the points there. 3 massive games for Bridge Celtic. Rock, Mountshannon & Tulla. This really is the biggest week of the season so far. By next sunday, the league table could look a whole lot different........

4-4-2
16/03/2005, 8:59 AM
Have to agree too, he has always been fair to us when requesting weeks off.

Massive week of fooball in the 1st division. Olympic playing the two teams above them in the league, Rock and Mountshannon. Havent played mountshannon yet, but expecting them to be strong. We should be back to near full strength for this match so may be three points there for us. Having drawn with Rock away earlier in the season we will also hope to take the points there. 3 massive games for Bridge Celtic. Rock, Mountshannon & Tulla. This really is the biggest week of the season so far. By next sunday, the league table could look a whole lot different........

Yip its a big week in Div 1 some one has to fall by the wayside i think Rock and Mountshannon need good results to keep the distance between them and the teams with games in hand over them .

MadMick
18/03/2005, 7:37 AM
Yip its a big week in Div 1 some one has to fall by the wayside i think Rock and Mountshannon need good results to keep the distance between them and the teams with games in hand over them .

Any results from yesterday? Very quiet this morning!!

4-4-2
18/03/2005, 7:50 AM
Any results from yesterday? Very quiet this morning!!
Ya we slipped up lost 2-1 at home to Mountshannon but that game is gone now 3 points lost just have get over it and move on to the next game

MadMick
18/03/2005, 8:11 AM
Ya we slipped up lost 2-1 at home to Mountshannon but that game is gone now 3 points lost just have get over it and move on to the next game

I won't say I said so but it looks like you are in trouble!