UCDAFC v Waterford United

Wexford Youths v Finn Harps 8pm

Saturday

Cobh Ramblers v Shelbourne

------------------------------------------------

Betting

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

Officials

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6303-match-officials-appointed-august-7-8

Suspensions

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6304-weekend-suspension-list-from-aug-3

Mr A
06/08/2015, 6:54 PM
Massive game as the top two meet in division 1. Harps missing a good few defenders though so it'll be very difficult.

patrickccfc
06/08/2015, 7:12 PM
Looking forward to Saturday, always enjoyed visiting Sligo. Bit of a sticky one as we don't know what Sligo will be like with the new man in charge. But we're in great form and would be very disappointed if we didn't win, but expecting it to be tough.

Can't see us gaining ground on dundalk this week but at least we could potentially pull a bit away from either pats or rovers

outspoken
06/08/2015, 10:31 PM
I'm one of the few mindless but loyal idiots heading to Oriel tomorrow. All I ask for is effort and keep the score down. Cheers lads

nigel-harps1954
06/08/2015, 10:50 PM
Looking forward to the trip to Wexford. Missed the earlier trip in the season so glad to be getting to this one. Should make for an interesting game to say the least. A win for Harps would send us four points clear regardless of other results, a loss puts Wexford top with a game in hand. A pivotal game in the First Division.

Nesta99
06/08/2015, 10:59 PM
I'm one of the few mindless but loyal idiots heading to Oriel tomorrow. All I ask for is effort and keep the score down. Cheers lads

We are having our dip in form at the moment so stay hopeful :p

Longfordian
07/08/2015, 7:10 AM
Stephen Rice to get the winner and lift up his shirt to reveal a "F*** You Martinho II" t-shirt

outspoken
07/08/2015, 8:59 AM
Stephen Rice to get the winner and lift up his shirt to reveal a "F*** You Martinho II" t-shirt

Hahaha yes.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
07/08/2015, 11:49 AM
Looking forward to Saturday, always enjoyed visiting Sligo. Bit of a sticky one as we don't know what Sligo will be like with the new man in charge. But we're in great form and would be very disappointed if we didn't win, but expecting it to be tough.

Can't see us gaining ground on dundalk this week but at least we could potentially pull a bit away from either pats or rovers

Be surprised if we get anything from this game. Cork seem to have gone into a higher gear since the European fiasco.

Martinho II
07/08/2015, 12:37 PM

look forward to him doin that!!

Mr A
07/08/2015, 12:55 PM
Would Longford fans say they're quietly confident?

White Horse
07/08/2015, 1:04 PM
Oriel Park will be well stocked tonight with Tayto crisps and red lemonade for our Longford friends.

patrickccfc
07/08/2015, 2:56 PM
Oriel Park will be well stocked tonight with Tayto crisps and red lemonade for our Longford friends.

Ye better hope no longford fan of a white lemonade persuasion shows up then

patrickccfc
07/08/2015, 2:59 PM
Be surprised if we get anything from this game. Cork seem to have gone into a higher gear since the European fiasco.

You just never know what the impact a new manager could do. Also it's been awhile since we've won up there, a 3-0 win a few years back. We've been great since the European disappointment and I'm confident we will keep it going tomorrow

Nesta99
07/08/2015, 3:02 PM
Should have invited Mr Tayto as a special guest!! Free ticket with every packet of Tayto for a draw to win entry to Tayto Park - just for the Longford contingent mind!

Longfordian
07/08/2015, 3:08 PM
Would Longford fans say they're quietly confident?

I'm quietly confident on my Dundalk -2 bet if that's what you mean

outspoken
07/08/2015, 3:12 PM
Should have invited Mr Tayto as a special guest!! Free ticket with every packet of Tayto for a draw to win entry to Tayto Park - just for the Longford contingent mind!

Please lads we are just here to take our beating and go, leave us be

PartySaint
07/08/2015, 3:30 PM

Dundalk are in a Paddy Power 'Special' so you have a small bit of hope.

Dunny
07/08/2015, 3:37 PM
We take nothing for granted so the points will have to be earned as usual.
Longford will be tough,TC will be bouncing for some kind of reply following some shabby results and Dundalk's form hasn't been the best of late so tight enough game i'd reckon.
Was a grand sunny day all day today here in Dundalk but shes turning now so bring plenty of wet gear and the match will be live on Dundalk FM ;)

Yossarian
07/08/2015, 4:13 PM
Ye better hope no longford fan of a white lemonade persuasion shows up then

Don't worry, we're pretty adept up here at washing the colour out of liquids.

patrickccfc
07/08/2015, 8:21 PM
Don't worry, we're pretty adept up here at washing the colour out of liquids.

That's the kind of response I was expecting ha.

Just waiting for dundalks 90th minute winner, it's inevitable

Longfordian
07/08/2015, 8:27 PM
Not an earthly prayer of us holding on to a 0-0. 1-0 will be like a victory in the circumstances.

Longfordian
07/08/2015, 8:37 PM
Not an earthly prayer of us holding on to a 0-0. 1-0 will be like a victory in the circumstances.

I'm quietly confident on my Dundalk -2 bet if that's what you mean

:cool::cool:

Town Legend
07/08/2015, 8:39 PM
What a result with 10 men. Referee made a disgraceful decision in sending off Salmon. Hunty was unbelievable in goals. Lost count of how many world class saves he made in the last 15 mins. Hopefully this is a corner turned.

patrickccfc
07/08/2015, 8:41 PM
It's great that dundalk dropped points, but the way I'm looking at it is that they just moved 7 points clear. We have the opportunity to make that 4 tomorrow and we badly need to do that

pineapple stu
07/08/2015, 9:33 PM
Thanks to roddy for leaving a clearly injured keeper on when just 1-0 down after 20 minutes.

Looking like us and Wexford for the title now. Harps' form seems to be collapsing. We play Wexford twice in a week next month

ATFC-1887
07/08/2015, 9:41 PM
Robbie Gaul suffered a horror injury tonight. Ankle snapped. Could hear it from the stand. Nasty one

wonder88
07/08/2015, 10:45 PM
Derry way too strong physically for the Galway players tonight, before taking footballing ability into consideration. Squad not big enough anyway, so it a bit unfair on some of the lads who had a bit of a nightmare.
Penalty decision looked a bad decision from my view.

joey B
07/08/2015, 10:47 PM
Hammer blow for Harps in Wexford tonight,its between UCD and Wexford for the league now,and ourselves and Shelbourne for the last play-off spot,massive game between us next week!

oriel
07/08/2015, 11:28 PM
What a result with 10 men. Referee made a disgraceful decision in sending off Salmon. Hunty was unbelievable in goals. Lost count of how many world class saves he made in the last 15 mins. Hopefully this is a corner turned.

Frustrating night for Dundalk, but you just get those games at times, could have should have etc scored 2 or 3. We just never looked settled apart from a ten minute spell in the second half, too many times moves broke down, poor passing and bad movement, still it's 7 points clear, and Cork need to win tomorrow to take advantage of it.

As for the sending off, wrong card, McMillan was not the last man through and didn't even have the ball fully under control, that was a very poor decision.

Possibly the best GK display I've seen in oriel park in a LOI game in 2 years by Longford's man.

PartySaint
08/08/2015, 1:34 AM
Dundalk are finished. 8th league win in a row for Pats tonight. May as well give us the title now

nigel-harps1954
08/08/2015, 7:09 AM
That was tough to watch in Wexford last night. Two lucky breaks decided it really. A long hopeful ball misjudged by Gallagher and Furlong taps in, and he gets a free header with our defence nowhere to be seen for the second. Graham Doyle made three or four very good saves and we missed a couple of guilt edged chances, all of this in the first half.

Second half we never turned up and it was a walk in the park for Youths. Shane Keegan said after the match that it was nice to finally get some luck from a game against Harps. For all his and Danny Furlongs chat about hoof football and direct football during the week, Wexford were incredibly direct and looked to play the long ball over the top almost every single time for Furlong to run onto, and to be fair, he got joy out of it.

It really does look like UCD and Wexford for the title now. Smart money is on UCD. I'd fear for our chances of even a play off now. Game against Shelbourne next week in Finn Park could go a long way to deciding who takes that third spot.

A big shout out to possibly the most cringeworthy support I've ever seen in the League of Ireland. Wexford fans made a bit of noise, but all around the ground you had people with their heads in their hands at how cringeworthy most of their chants were. It was hilariously bad at times. Biggest crowd I've ever seen at a league match in Wexford too, announced at 715 but certainly looked to be more. Not a big crowd travelled though from Donegal, counted up to about 25 including Harps sponsors McGettigans of which a few of them came down to watch it. Badly hit by Donegal GAA footballers game in Croke Park today.

Bunny Kelly
08/08/2015, 8:09 AM
Thanks to roddy for leaving a clearly injured keeper on when just 1-0 down after 20 minutes.

Looking like us and Wexford for the title now. Harps' form seems to be collapsing. We play Wexford twice in a week next month

Don't think Waterford had a sub keeper?

Waterford were strange, actually played some decent football at times, coupled with being totally hopeless at the back for the full 90

pineapple stu
08/08/2015, 8:55 AM
We were wondering about that - I think the guy playing was the sub keeper anyway? We decided there was a sub sub keeper on the bench, but completely inexperienced, but even then weren't sure, so you could be right.

The second goal in particular would have been saved by a fit keeper.

jinxy lilywhite
08/08/2015, 9:13 AM
Dundalk are finished. 8th league win in a row for Pats tonight. May as well give us the title now

Makes next week's encounter a fiestier affair.

Should be neck and neck until Killian brennan gets sent off

FallenSaint
08/08/2015, 9:16 AM
Makes next week's encounter a fiestier affair.

Should be neck and neck until Killian brennan gets sent off

Would you lot consider signing the Rovers keeper for the night?
Please?

The force is strong with us at the moment though.
That said, anything other than a Pats win is curtains for us.

pineapple stu
08/08/2015, 10:20 AM
Don't think Waterford had a sub keeper?
Just looking at extratime.ie there - Waterford did have a sub keeper on the bench (though they only had four subs)

Don't think it matters how inexperienced he is, the guy playing was clearly injured for 75 minutes and I can't understand why no change was made.

Still, not complaining. Up level with Wexford on goal difference now, which can't be a bad thing.

Nesta99
08/08/2015, 11:55 AM

You are only missing a link to a certain song to finish off your post!

paykanti
08/08/2015, 6:36 PM
Bray 1-0? I won't believe it.

pineapple stu
08/08/2015, 6:49 PM
Is that 8 in a row now?

MeathDrog
08/08/2015, 6:51 PM
Drogheda are in trouble now.

SeanDMRooney
08/08/2015, 7:02 PM
That was tough to watch in Wexford last night. Two lucky breaks decided it really. A long hopeful ball misjudged by Gallagher and Furlong taps in, and he gets a free header with our defence nowhere to be seen for the second. Graham Doyle made three or four very good saves and we missed a couple of guilt edged chances, all of this in the first half.

Second half we never turned up and it was a walk in the park for Youths. Shane Keegan said after the match that it was nice to finally get some luck from a game against Harps. For all his and Danny Furlongs chat about hoof football and direct football during the week, Wexford were incredibly direct and looked to play the long ball over the top almost every single time for Furlong to run onto, and to be fair, he got joy out of it.

It really does look like UCD and Wexford for the title now. Smart money is on UCD. I'd fear for our chances of even a play off now. Game against Shelbourne next week in Finn Park could go a long way to deciding who takes that third spot.

A big shout out to possibly the most cringeworthy support I've ever seen in the League of Ireland. Wexford fans made a bit of noise, but all around the ground you had people with their heads in their hands at how cringeworthy most of their chants were. It was hilariously bad at times. Biggest crowd I've ever seen at a league match in Wexford too, announced at 715 but certainly looked to be more. Not a big crowd travelled though from Donegal, counted up to about 25 including Harps sponsors McGettigans of which a few of them came down to watch it. Badly hit by Donegal GAA footballers game in Croke Park today.

Harps would need to win the next 4 on the bounce while hoping enough results go their way to leave them in contention for their last 3 games against UCD Athlone and Wexford ? Otherwise Promotion will definitely be gone and likely with the tightness and competitiveness of the league Playoffs as well

paykanti
08/08/2015, 7:04 PM
Hold on here Limerick and it's on :cool:

Nesta99
08/08/2015, 7:19 PM
Moneys worth at the Markets Field tonight! C'mon Sligo...

ped_ped
08/08/2015, 7:29 PM
We could be looking at a big turnaround from Limerick for the final round of fixtures. Fingers crossed.

How are things going in the Showgrounds?

nigel-harps1954
08/08/2015, 8:04 PM
Sligo 0-1 Cork.

Game on at the bottom of the Premier.

Cobh 1-1 Shels too.

Game on in the play-off places. Come on Cobh! Another huge 6 pointer in Finn Park next week between Harps and Shels.

osarusan
08/08/2015, 8:30 PM
Unbelievable stuff in The Market's Field tonight. Twists and turns everywhere, just an incredible game of football.

nigel-harps1954
08/08/2015, 8:34 PM
Cobh 2-2 Shels

Sligo 0-2 Cork

Both games into their last few minutes.

patrickccfc
08/08/2015, 8:52 PM
Delighted with the 3 points tonight. Another marky special free kick did Sligo not see his goal last week? The long journey home won't be as bad now. 4 points behind now

jinxy lilywhite
08/08/2015, 9:07 PM
Next weekends double round of fixtures have just got extra spicier.

Could be a season defining weekend for all the top 4 . Dundalk will play Derry, cork play Limerick, pats play bray i think and rovers play Longford. All of their opponents are in great form now