PDA

View Full Version : Oxegen 2005

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Neish
02/05/2005, 1:44 PM
ah crap NOOooooo

Yeah I remember 3 or 4 years ago, it started to **** rain so I ran for the nearest tent and fecking Saw doctors were playing in it. It was hell

Neish
03/05/2005, 3:48 PM
ATHLETE have been confirmed to play on Saturday 9th July

fosterdollar
04/05/2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah I remember 3 or 4 years ago, it started to **** rain so I ran for the nearest tent and fecking Saw doctors were playing in it. It was hell
got sucked into them at the 2003 witnness. had to get up on someone's shoulders and p!ss the security off to get kicked out cos corwd wouldn't budge to let me leave. scary boggers most of them and all.

Colie
04/05/2005, 9:05 PM
Arse to anyone puttin in digs at this gig.

For the amount of bands it's really good value.

Both it & Electric Picnic are great, only we've never camped at Electric Picnic so thery're not really on a par now are they?

For any doubters, get the full camping ticket & have a good time. Seriously, bashing the gig is such a waste of time. If you thought it was crap, you went with the wrong people or took the wrong stuff. After the Ireland games this is the highlight of the Summer.

Enjoy. I bloody will. :)

anto1208
10/05/2005, 2:35 PM
highlight was watching the irish game on the big screen in the lovely sunshine at the electric picnic ( which was the best by a mile )

Neish
20/05/2005, 11:46 AM
Interpol confirmed for Saturday 9th July

For the full lin-up see
http://www.oxegen.ie/lineup/

sligoman
26/05/2005, 9:04 PM
Mundy has now been confirmed for Sunday the 10th of July

Breener
01/06/2005, 1:12 PM
hey, did u hear that the camping tickets for oxegen sold out. does anyone know anyone selling a 2 day camping ticket?? please email if u do........bryanbreen@hsbc.com

Baker
02/06/2005, 11:22 AM
hey, did u hear that the camping tickets for oxegen sold out. does anyone know anyone selling a 2 day camping ticket?? please email if u do........bryanbreen@hsbc.com

I saw this on the oxegen website. There are rumours there that more might go on sale in a few weeks though I personally doubt it. If the worst comes to the worst you can always just get a two day ticket and camp in the car park.

Colie
03/06/2005, 4:49 PM
highlight was watching the irish game on the big screen in the lovely sunshine at the electric picnic ( which was the best by a mile )
Allright Anto. I was in the same tent man. Ha. I was losing the run of myself totally. The fairy people were taking over my brain at half time & I don't really remember the game/ evening ending..... :)

sligoman
04/06/2005, 1:20 AM
Got this e-mail from oxegen:

OXEGEN has exceeded all expectations selling out in record time a full 6 weeks in advance! The two day event which takes place 9 & 10 July at Punchestown will be attended by 70,000 music fans.

This year OXEGEN will be broadcast across Europe by MTV.

Denis Desmond of MCD commented "for OXEGEN to sell out so far in advance in its short history is an incredible achievement and goes to show that the event has already established itself as one of the most important events in the Irish music calendar. The stature of the artists is phenomenal with Green Day, Foo Fighters, The Killers, Snoop Dogg, Prodigy, Keane and many more".

The two year old OXEGEN festival now joins the list of summer sell outs by such artists as Neil Diamond (Lansdowne Road 11 June), U2 (Croke Park 24, 25, 27 June) and Oasis at (Marlay Park 16 July) to name a few!

Full OXEGEN line-up:

SATURDAY 9 JULY 2005

OXEGEN STAGE in association with MTV
Green Day, The Frames, Queens of The Stone Age, Snoop Dogg, Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs, The Saw Doctors, Bjorn Again, The Stands

THE TICKET STAGE
Prodigy, Kasabian, Bloc Party, The Bravery, Echo and The Bunnymen, Kerbdog, Eagles of Death Metal, Nine Black Alps, Departure, Angels of Mons, The Marshall Stars

GREEN ROOM
Ian Brown, Interpol, Athlete, Bright Eyes, KT Tunstall, Hal, Stephen Fretwell, Biffy Clyro, Flogging Molly, Countermine

NEW BAND STAGE
The Tears, The Go Team, Future Kings of Spain, The Dears, yourcodenameismilo, Joe Chester, Engineers, The Black Velvets, Blue Van, Mainline, Red Organ Serpent, The 747?s, Director,The Gurriers

DANCE ARENA
Erick Morillo, Mylo, 2 Lone Swordsmen, Slam, Black Strobe, Spirit DJ?s, Johnny Moy, Fish Go Deep and Tracey K, Conor G , Brother J

SUNDAY 10 JULY

OXEGEN STAGE in association with MTV
Foo Fighters, Keane, The Killers, The Streets, Audioslave, Feeder, The Beautiful South, The Revs

THE TICKET STAGE
New Order, Doves, Josh Ritter, Jimmy Eat World, Mundy, The Ordinary Boys, Rooster, Maximo Park,Fightstar

GREEN ROOM
James Brown, Rodrigo Y Gabriella, Embrace, The La?s, Futureheads, Alabama 3, Suzanne Vega, Josh Rouse, Rilo Kiley, Bronagh Gallagher, The Perishers

NEW BAND STAGE
Super Furry Animals, Brendan Benson, The Magic Numbers, Death From Above 1979, Jimmy Chamberlain, Editors, Tom Vek, Humanzi, The Longcut, Jackson United, LeavesThe Blizzards,Tony Fitzpatrick

DANCE ARENA
Deep Dish, LCD Soundsystem, Jacques Le Cont, Death In Vegas, The Annie Mix, Silicone Soul, Nic Fanculli, Infadels, Brother J

go to the official site www.oxegen.ie

Competitions

OXEGEN 2005 is now completely SOLD OUT so this is your only chance to go if you don't have tickets already..

To Win 2 Weekend Camping Tickets

Simply text the word OX to 57030 (RoI) or to 84122 (NI)

Terms & Conditions
SP zamano 0818 300048 Cost ? 2.50/£2.00

Oxegen Survival Kit

To Win a 4 man tent, 4 sleeping bags a cooler, plus some extra camping essentials. this competition is only open to residents of the Republic Of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Simply text the word TENT to 57030 (RoI) or to 84122 (NI)

Terms & Conditions
SP zamano 0818 300048 Cost ? 2.50/£2.00

Gerrit
04/06/2005, 1:24 AM
OK, I'm in ! Echo & The Bunnymen again (just saw them Wednesday) but I just cannot say no to this genius band... Too bad they have the Saturday, as the rest of that day's line-up is not really floating my boat.

which venue is it ?

Gareth
04/06/2005, 11:42 PM
Excellent, I can plot a route through them bands. A few clashes but if I learn to bi-locate between now and Oxegen I will be set! I am hoping for one or two other bands to be added. I did think the Coral would appear. I hoped Tom McRae would return and with new albums due from BellX1, Gemma Hayes, and a few other irish bands, I did expect a few more names.

I would will Bright Eyes go Electro or Folk :)

Neish
09/06/2005, 3:26 PM
Bacardi B-Bar returns to OXEGEN - Line Up Announced

The Bacardi B-Bar is back again this year at OXEGEN

Here's the line up for each day
bacardi

SATURDAY 9th JULY

Joey Negro
Collin Patterson
John Mahon & Tayor (Bodytonic)
The Loose Cannons

SUNDAY 10th JULY

Kerri Chandler
Phil Asher
Hugh Scully (Spin 106)
The Loose Cannons

Neish
18/06/2005, 1:09 PM
Worlds best BMX riders and Skaters to Perform on Giant Vert Ramp at OXEGEN

Some of the worlds best BMX riders and skaters have been invited by Red Bull to perform a series of gravity defying demonstrations throughout the two days of the OXEGEN Music Festival on 9/10 July.

The riders will perform on the Red Bull Vert Ramp has been used as the playground for professional BMX riders and Skateboarders in such events as X-Games, The Deconstruction Music and Skating European Tour and the World Skateboarding Championships in recent years. This enormous structure, which comes for the first time to Ireland, has proved daunting to the world's best riders in the past standing 10m high, 15m wide and 14.2m in length, completely covered over with clear 'window' panels and open on both sides for public viewing.

Some of the world's best known riders will perform including 2004 Gravity Games and X Games top 3 skater Matt Fairbairn Skate (Australia), Renton Millar (Australia) Skate, Achim Kujawski BMX (Germany) and Jon Taylor BMX (UK). Performing to the sounds of Red Bull Music Academy past students DJ Arveene and International Scratch Champion Tuki the riders will also be accompanied by one of Ireland's most accomplished skaters Wayne Gallagher.

Neish
20/06/2005, 3:34 PM
Line up changes

Here are somne line up changes:

Jimmy Chamberlain Complex replaced by Republic Of Loose
Countermine replaced by Sylvia Saint
The Engineers replaced by Mono Band

Troy.McClure
07/07/2005, 7:08 PM
How do you get the order and times that bands are playing in? The official site just lists what stages they are on at "in no particular order"

sligoman
07/07/2005, 7:11 PM
How do you get the order and times that bands are playing in? The official site just lists what stages they are on at "in no particular order"

AFAIK they are handed out when you go in to the concert ;)

Drumcondra Red
07/07/2005, 10:50 PM
Stage Times (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=15097)

There you go!!!

gustavo
08/07/2005, 8:48 AM
AFAIK they are handed out when you go in to the concert ;)

they arent handed out u have to pay a tenner for them!

gustavo
08/07/2005, 9:00 AM
looking at that timetable there its a pity but interpol and green day clash :(

Troy.McClure
08/07/2005, 10:35 AM
When they say Bjorn Again are closing the night on Saturday, are they taking the pis$? After Green Day like?! :confused:

Thanks for that Roy

Kingdom
08/07/2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah I've a feeling that the Bjorn Again could be a ****take for someone massive.

Some great bands but some poor ones. Sat on the ticket stage will be a super finish with Bloc Party Kasabian and hopefully the Prodigy pull a big performance out of the bag. But that clashes with the green room's finishing trio of Athlete Interpol and Ian Brown.

Sunday is marginally better day. The foo fighters are a brilliant choice to close the festival. While Doves and New Order should be great lsitening on the 2nd stage.
The Dance stage on Sunday is brilliant finsihing

gustavo
08/07/2005, 11:12 AM
i think possibly bjorn again are there in the hope that maybe every1 wont leave at the same time

Nada Surf
08/07/2005, 11:38 AM
Yup Looks like Bjorn Again are headlining according to a lineup with times posted on the oxegen bulletin board
At least it isnt the Saw Doctors

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=15097

gustavo
08/07/2005, 12:16 PM
saw doctors were great last year and i hope they will be great this year too!

Drumcondra Red
11/07/2005, 9:34 AM
Great weekend, what stood out for me was Razorlight, Kasabian and Ian Brown, although I didn't see anything that I didn't like, and that includes your man from Busted's new band!!!

Everything was going swimingly until yesterday afternoon, remember when siting in the hot sun to drink loadsa water folks!!! I got some sunstroke and passed out!!! :eek: mad embarrassing, kinda put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day, ah well live and learn!!!

Gareth
11/07/2005, 12:08 PM
I witnessed the collapse. It was a tense and worrying moment as Drums wobbled, wobbled and down... I think the Beautiful South just got a little heavy for him is all.

I was like that for the Killers. I stood like a grumpy fool, wishing I was under a cold shower with a cup of tea and a fathita......

:)

Troy.McClure
11/07/2005, 8:01 PM
It was a bit hot yesterday alright. I saw someone else getting carted away after sunstroke too D Red, so you're not alone. I was near the barrier outside the pit for a while and we got cups of water from security every 2 minutes so I was grand. Went for a lay down in the Green Room during Suzane Vega and the Alabama 3 which was the job, nice and cool :)

Neish
12/07/2005, 6:15 PM
Green Room during Suzane Vega and the Alabama 3 which was the job, nice and cool :)
Ment to go see them but got too comfortable in the campsite any good?

Troy.McClure
12/07/2005, 7:02 PM
Well I wouldnt really know too much of either of their stuff appart from the obvious.

I was plesently surprised by Vega, good voice, good songs and got the crowd involved enough.

Alabama 3 arent really my thing in general I think. They did a good rendition of the Sopranos theme song and had another one similar but then they went a bit too red neck folky for me and their song with Aslans Crazy World in it wasnt the best (although the girl who sings with them was hotter than anything the sun threw at us that day, although I was a bit back).

Beavis
12/07/2005, 7:22 PM
I was like that for the Killers. I stood like a grumpy fool, wishing I was under a cold shower with a cup of tea and a fathita......

:)
Ha totally hear that. I regularly drifted in and out of these phases. The funniest things is that you're completely aware that your acting like a moany five year old but are powerless to do anything about it. I was there during the killers, but witnessing a four person stack of grown men, wobble in slow mo before plummeting death(or at least a comical injury) helped to remedy it somewhat :D

Troy.McClure
12/07/2005, 8:55 PM
I saw one of those pyramids getting pulled down by security, hillarious stuff! The guy on top must have been going 30 miles an hour (slow for a car, fast for a person) when he hit the ground... splat! :p

Gareth
12/07/2005, 9:50 PM
Ha a pyramid started in front of me too. Three and then one man on top. Then a man solo'ed to my right. Then a naked guy got up in a thong thing. I didn't need to see that. A group of three brothers were in front of me and I couldnt decide which one deserved to be slapped first!!! :)

I was a moany five year old but I did my damnest to not be too annoying as I was meeting my gf's best pal for years for the first time and didn't wanna appear too much of a nob!! Pity I don't exercise this approach on this board :)

Lionel Ritchie
13/07/2005, 9:39 AM
Alabama 3 arent really my thing in general I think. They did a good rendition of the Sopranos theme song and had another one similar but then they went a bit too red neck folky for me and their song with Aslans Crazy World in it wasnt the best (although the girl who sings with them was hotter than anything the sun threw at us that day, although I was a bit back).

Just to be clear ...'Woke Up This Morning' is an Alabama 3 song.

Haven't heard the thing they've done with Aslan but as I detest Aslan and that horrible horrible horrible 'Crazy World' song ...I'm guessing it's muck.

If that girl is the one who sings 'Bulletproof' and she's as easy on the eye as she is on the ear -then i'm raging I missed it.

Troy.McClure
13/07/2005, 10:36 AM
Just to be clear ...'Woke Up This Morning' is an Alabama 3 song.
Ya I know, just didnt know the title. Great song

Haven't heard the thing they've done with Aslan but as I detest Aslan and that horrible horrible horrible 'Crazy World' song ...I'm guessing it's muck.
Muck of the highest order, made from spring water and Woddies finest compost. Its $hite!

If that girl is the one who sings 'Bulletproof' and she's as easy on the eye as she is on the ear -then i'm raging I missed it.
She was a bit easier on the eye actually :cool: