PDA

View Full Version : Oxegen 2005

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Neish
25/02/2005, 11:48 AM
Strong rummors of New Order playing

Apparently they were on some radio show in England confirming they were playing Glastonbury, T in the park and a festival in Ireland

Rummors of Queens of stone age too

Bryano
26/02/2005, 5:03 PM
I really want to go Oxegen this year but I'm only 16. What do you think are the chance of me getting in along with my mates? I heard it was over 18's.

Ruairi
26/02/2005, 5:32 PM
Rummors of Queens of stone age too

Didnt they break up or did i imagine it??

Neish
26/02/2005, 11:39 PM
Didnt they break up or did i imagine it??

Don't know but their confirmed for T in the Park, so very good chance of them playing Oxegen

tetsujin1979
28/02/2005, 9:01 AM
I really want to go Oxegen this year but I'm only 16. What do you think are the chance of me getting in along with my mates? I heard it was over 18's.

It is under 18's have to be accompanied by an adult (ie over 18) get an older brother or sister to walk in with you as well if they're going. Shouldn't be any hassle though

Neish
01/03/2005, 11:05 AM
Green Day finally confirmed.

Its been rummored for a long time now but MCD have finally confirmed that Green day are confirmed as the second headliners for the festival

Bryano
01/03/2005, 5:40 PM
Cheers Tetsujin I think my brothers going aswell. Thanks. :D

Kingdom
02/03/2005, 2:15 PM
Josh Homme from QOTSA did a solo album with lots of different musician s but as far as breaking thats just not true.

I don't know how they'd be described but QOTSA have always had just the 2 set band members and lots of "contributing" artists for the different albums.

Aldini98
03/03/2005, 9:26 AM
Josh Homme from QOTSA did a solo album with lots of different musician s but as far as breaking thats just not true.

I don't know how they'd be described but QOTSA have always had just the 2 set band members and lots of "contributing" artists for the different albums.

Nick Oliveri left QOTSA at the end of last year but Josh Homme has kept things going with two other permanent members (if there is such a thing with Queens).
They've a new album out in a few weeks.
I'd love to see them at Oxygen, they stole the show at Slane in 2003. The Foo Fighters were sh*te on the same day but hopefully won't be as bad this time because they're an excellent band.

tetsujin1979
03/03/2005, 10:59 AM
I'd love to see them at Oxygen, they stole the show at Slane in 2003.
Dunno about that, I fell asleep while they were on

The Foo Fighters were sh*te on the same day but hopefully won't be as bad this time because they're an excellent band.
Yeah, that's fair enough, Dave spent too much time strumming in the middle of tunes and talking to the crowd.

Aldini98
03/03/2005, 1:34 PM
Dunno about that, I fell asleep while they were on

Well then you wouldn't know, lay off the beer if you can't hack it.

Yeah, that's fair enough, Dave spent too much time strumming in the middle of tunes and talking to the crowd.

Agreed, they turned four minute tracks into 25 minute crap. The version of One x One was dreadful, hthey ruined it by stopping just before the great guiter rockin' bit in the middle - a shame, one of my favourite bands the Foos are

tetsujin1979
03/03/2005, 4:21 PM
NEW ORDER have been at the forefront for almost 2 and a half decades of pop, rock, punk and electronic music and were recipients of the Godlike Genius gong at this years NME Awards. On accepting their award, NEW ORDER, played a 4 song set featuring Crystal (dedicated to The Killers), new single Krafty, Love Will Tear Us Apart and Blue Monday. NEW ORDER, formerly Joy Division , are music pioneers and have released a series of anthems including Blue Monday, Truth Faith, Ceremony, that have been embraced as lasting classics in both the dance and rock circles.

anto1208
03/03/2005, 4:34 PM
new order might have done all that but at the end of the day they are just a bunch of moaning manc t**t's !!!!

oxygen is rubbish they just care about getting as much money off you as they can the electric picnic is a million times better

Neish
04/03/2005, 11:42 AM
New Order and Queens of stone age confirmed

Saturday 9 July

Green Day The Frames - The Prodigy
Queens Of The Stone Age
Erick Morillo - Ian Brown
Kasabian - Razorlight

Sunday 10 July

Foo Fighters
Keane - The Killers
New Order - The Streets
Audioslave - James Brown
The Beautiful South

Risteard
04/03/2005, 12:06 PM
Are they in some kind of order Neish?

I reckon James Brown would make a good headliner.
Anyway, this years real festival is in the capital of culture.
Brian Wilson, Nick Cave,Dianna Ross, Paddy Casey, Van Morrison, Al Greene,
Tommy Tiernan, Christy Moore and you don't even need a tent.

Neish
04/03/2005, 3:42 PM
Are they in some kind of order Neish?

Don't know just copied and paste it from the Oxegen.ie site

Pauro 76
05/03/2005, 7:10 PM
Bit surprised about Foos headlining, they must have a new album due this year? Their last album was a bit disappointing... glad to see Green Day headlining, but what the hell are the Beautiful South doing there?

Ruairi
06/03/2005, 11:44 AM
but what the hell are the Beautiful South doing there?

So you can get 45 minutes nap in between bands....

sligoman
15/03/2005, 9:07 PM
I just got my ticket today. Two day camping- 147 euro well spent ;)

Neish
15/03/2005, 10:36 PM
I just got my ticket today. Two day camping- 147 euro well spent ;)

€132 well spent sounds a lot better to me :D

Neish
16/03/2005, 11:31 AM
Joss Stone + Kaiser Chief confirmed according to:
http://www.hotpress.com

James
16/03/2005, 11:37 AM
nice one
looks like a good lineup now

sligoman
16/03/2005, 4:06 PM
€132 well spent sounds a lot better to me :D

Well considering I was paying this much anyway, saving 15euro does'nt make much of a difference. We're not all afraid to spend money like some people :D . Where did you get your's anyway?

Neish
16/03/2005, 4:13 PM
Where did you get your's anyway?

Got it before Xmas on special offer(same prize as last year). €15 that an extra 3 pints ther for that :cool: or a burger a chip :rolleyes:

James
16/03/2005, 4:24 PM
€15,,,, or a burger a chip :rolleyes:

yeah ketchup was extra last year wasnt it :D :eek:

Lionel Ritchie
16/03/2005, 5:30 PM
147 bucks for a two day event. Seriously the only way that's ever going to change is if we stop going along with it like a bunch of lemmings.

The last festival I went to in this country was Feile 91 -which for it's many, many, many faults was a three day event and my 3 day camping included ticket cost 42 punts. there is no way you put the difference between 42 punts (53 euros approx) and 147 euros down to inflationary pressures. At the time a pint cost about 2 quid (2.54 Euros) -so that's less than doubled in price whereas the cost of this type of event has tripled.

Had the good fortune to actually play at a festival once (Phoenix Festival -Stratford Upon Avon) and I'm telling ye folks ...learn to play something and get on a bill -it's the only way to do festivals. Never mind 7 quid for burgers made from recycled newspapers -try proper dinners with mash, two veg, breast of chicken with gravy or pork chops with apple sauce for £1.50. Pint bottles of cold NBA £1.50, free showers, toilets that don't look like jack the rippers just done someone in. ah happy days.

CuanaD
16/03/2005, 6:01 PM
NEW ORDER have been at the forefront for almost 2 and a half decades of pop, rock, punk and electronic music and were recipients of the Godlike Genius gong at this years NME Awards. On accepting their award, NEW ORDER, played a 4 song set featuring Crystal (dedicated to The Killers), new single Krafty, Love Will Tear Us Apart and Blue Monday. NEW ORDER, formerly Joy Division , are music pioneers and have released a series of anthems including Blue Monday, Truth Faith, Ceremony, that have been embraced as lasting classics in both the dance and rock circles.

:D :ball: :D :ball: :D
I'm really looking forward to NewOrder (actually now its 'NEWorder') coming back to Ireland. Ive heard most of their new album (to be released end of march) & its pretty damn good (the single 'Krafty' is one of the poorer tracks!).

They will be well worth the ticket cost by themselves - expect an honest gig littered with mistakes (mainly Barney, the singer), p1sstaking, and a LOAD of excellent songs!

Neish
17/03/2005, 12:03 AM
Ment to say earlier if your going get your camping tickets a.s.a.p as its rummored there are only a few hundred left

SligoRoversfan
18/03/2005, 9:50 PM
Kaiser Cheifs,GREAT BAND!!!!!!!

gustavo
19/03/2005, 12:29 PM
dont forget to try and get into the A campsite thats the one that opens friday morning .we were stuck in B last year and A was supposedly a lot better.

sligoman
19/03/2005, 12:47 PM
Also dont forget to bring a lock for your tent. A few friends of mine were at it last year and some scumbags robbed all the drink from their tent, luckily it was the last night so they had'nt much drink left, BA****DS! :mad:

ccfcman
21/03/2005, 8:35 AM
Got my ticket Saturday :)

Will be going up early Fri morning or Thurs night, a make a right go of it.

Gareth
21/03/2005, 8:39 AM
I went the last 2 years and been in Campsite A. Campsite B is not a place I wanna be. Don't like the look of it at all. Anyways I went at 11.00am on the Friday last time and had the strange pleasure of being one of a few small few with a tent up. so I went back out and had a laugh with a few nordys in the car park!! Very wet last year thou. Very wet and cold.

sligoman
24/03/2005, 5:58 PM
Snoop Dog(Saturday), Jimmy Eat World(Sunday) and Doves(Sunday) now announced

ccfcman
25/03/2005, 8:13 AM
Fossizle and all that =)

Neish
06/04/2005, 11:22 AM
There will be a mixed bus of Finn Harps and Derry City fans heading down on the friday night stright after the Derry V Harps game in the Brandywell that night.

Scary thought

sligoman
06/04/2005, 7:43 PM
Saturday-July 9th

Dance Stage

Erick Morillo
Mylo
2 Lone Swordsmen
Slam
Black Strobe
Fish Go Deep & Tracey K
Brother J
Frank Jez
Hugh Scully

Sunday-July 10th

Dance Stage

Deep Dish
LCD Sound System
Jacques Le Cont
Death in Vegas
Silicone Soul
Infadels
Nic Fanculli
Brother J
Paul Taylor
Scott McNaughton
Al Gibbs

sligoman
06/04/2005, 8:35 PM
Sh!te. Just looked at Rovers fixture list-Home to Athlone on the 9th of July. **** it, going to miss this now :mad: . Hopefully it will be re-arranged for a later date :D

Neish
06/04/2005, 11:31 PM
Saturday-July 9th

Dance Stage

Erick Morillo
Mylo
2 Lone Swordsmen
Slam
Black Strobe
Fish Go Deep & Tracey K
Brother J
Frank Jez
Hugh Scully

Sunday-July 10th

Dance Stage

Deep Dish
LCD Sound System
Jacques Le Cont
Death in Vegas
Silicone Soul
Infadels
Nic Fanculli
Brother J
Paul Taylor
Scott McNaughton
Al Gibbs

Thats just the dance stage line-up, which is complete A.F.AI.K, heres the rest of the lineup so far

SATURDAY
Green Day
The Frames
The Prodigy
Snoop Dogg
Queens Of The Stone Age
Kaiser Chiefs
Ian Brown
Kasabian
Razorlight

SUNDAY
Foo Fighters
Keane
The Killers
Doves
New Order
The Streets
Jimmy Eat World
Audioslave
James Brown
The Beautiful South
Josh Ritter

Gareth
07/04/2005, 8:06 AM
I am buying my ticket today. Its all very exciting!!

sligoman
07/04/2005, 3:28 PM
Thats just the dance stage line-up, which is complete A.F.AI.K, heres the rest of the lineup so far

10 out of 10 for Neish :rolleyes: . I know that's just the dance one, I was just posting it cos they were just announced :rolleyes:

Neish
07/04/2005, 4:53 PM
10 out of 10 for Neish :rolleyes: . I know that's just the dance one, I was just posting it cos they were just announced :rolleyes:

And I was just simply posting the other confirmed acts.

James
10/04/2005, 12:07 PM
hey neish, you know if there are still weekend camping tickets left
i know u posted b4 they were selling v fast

cheers

Neish
10/04/2005, 7:46 PM
hey neish, you know if there are still weekend camping tickets left
i know u posted b4 they were selling v fast

cheers

Think there are a few alright, I've been told that rummor was started by MCD to get Tickets selling as sales were very slow.

I wouldn't leave it too long to purchase them if you set on going.

Neish
20/04/2005, 12:27 PM
New acts added April 19th

Bloc Party (Saturday)
The Bravery (Saturday)
Rodrigo y Gabriela (Sunday)
The Tears (Saturday)
& Super Fury Animals (Sunday)

WillyWonka
20/04/2005, 5:23 PM
Bloc party and the bravery are welcome additions!!!! bring on oxegen!!!!! :D

Neish
26/04/2005, 10:45 PM
The Saw Doctors have been confirmed to play the main satge on saturday 9th July.

James
27/04/2005, 4:25 PM
The Saw Doctors have been confirmed to play the main satge on saturday 9th July.

ah crap NOOooooo

SligoRoversfan
01/05/2005, 4:41 PM
line up is v.disapointing comparing to last year :(

Gareth
01/05/2005, 5:18 PM
I disagree.