PDA

View Full Version : Collins Joins Rovers

Flynninio
04/11/2004, 1:18 PM
rod the mod collins has jumped ship on jack city to joln rovers.what a time to do it with the two of them fighting relegation. rovers looked the safest bet so he jumped.rovers takeover obviously an influence.city chairman fuming.
LOVE TO CITY CATCH THEM NOW MAKE HIM LOOK A PURE PLUG....

boc123
04/11/2004, 1:45 PM
Let them have him, he hasn't a clue :)

WeAreRovers
04/11/2004, 2:08 PM
"Collins Joins Scum"

Correction: Collins left the scum after he won the double for them. Just thought I'd clear that misunderstanding up for you. ;)

KOH

CuanaD
04/11/2004, 2:29 PM
"Collins Joins Scum"

Correction: Collins left the scum after he won the double for them. Just thought I'd clear that misunderstanding up for you. ;)

KOH

Then should it be "Collins joins more Scum"?? :D :ball: :D
(Joke only - please take lightly)

joeSoap
04/11/2004, 2:32 PM
Nothing to be taken lightly there....scum deserves scum, and they finally got the perfect manager to fit in with ther profile.

WeAreRovers
04/11/2004, 2:38 PM

:D

Touché

JoeSoap - chill out chap. You'll do yourself some damage.

KOH

Terry
04/11/2004, 2:42 PM
I was full sure he would hold out for the CEO job left vacant by rooney !!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Neish
04/11/2004, 2:44 PM
Would like to see Dublin City survive with Rovers comimg down just to **** off the Collins *****. But truthfully Rovers bring more to the league and Harps always had some kinda connection with em. So come on rovers even though your manager is a c**t

GK for the Town
04/11/2004, 2:48 PM
He never fails to Amaze, i say fair play to him if he can turn Rovers around :ball:

Flynninio
04/11/2004, 2:49 PM
WHY WAS THIS BLOODY MOVED. VERY FEW CITY FANS VENTURE OUT OF CITY SECTION SO I THOUGHT THE ODD EIRCOM LEAGUE TOPIC COULD BE LEFT THERE.collins talks complete ****e on tv. never listens to anybody but himself.his record is ****e only for bohs.but he had winning team there.still respect him for going into aberdeen dressing room before there euro game and mentioning how how he loves celtic and got great rise out of them before going on to knock them out 3-2 over two legs...

carrickharp
04/11/2004, 2:54 PM
Think it must have been the €9 million he has to spend on players :rolleyes:

Neish
04/11/2004, 10:26 PM
Think it must have been the €9 million he has to spend on players :rolleyes:

Feck never thought of that one. No wonder the **** jumped ship

iceman
04/11/2004, 10:33 PM
Roddy failed to turn up for his interview on TV3 Sports Tonight.

The Sheliban
04/11/2004, 10:34 PM
Ironic that the club that so despise Louis Kilcoyne - and rightly so - should now go and shaft a smaller club.
Whatever sympathy I had for Rovers has gone now. Sure, all clubs try to score points over their rivals, but this is sinking to a new low.

boc123
04/11/2004, 10:50 PM
Roddy failed to turn up for his interview on TV3 Sports Tonight.

He's unreal, he hadn't even got the guts to go on telly and explain himself. Good to hear all the emails at the end of the show slating him.
He's just proven tonight to everyone what he's like, I hope he makes a mess of it, and ends up with no club.

A face
04/11/2004, 11:18 PM
I actually missed Sports Tonight and really meant to watch it. So auld Rodders missed the bus :p .... Pity that !! There was fúck all on Paramount Comedy at the time !! :D

harry crumb
04/11/2004, 11:24 PM
Trevor wasn't too happy about it. He took a bit of pleasure when reading out the negative comments that came in about Roddy Collins.

Personally, I think Roddy had every right to do what he did, but I don't think he should have left until the end of the season.

i blame Shamrock Rovers' board more than I would blame Roddy. Dublin City won't be missed anyway. :ball:

atfconline
04/11/2004, 11:44 PM
He was on NewsBeat on 2FM this evening. Said he had no contract with DC, Rovers were offering him a great deal so he was obligated to talk to them.

http://www.rte.ie/rams/radio/latest/rte-newsbeat.smil About 27 minutes into it.

A face
04/11/2004, 11:49 PM
He was on NewsBeat on 2FM this evening. Said he had no contract with DC, Rovers were offering him a great deal so he was obligated to talk to them.

Was there any mention of carpets or ponies ?? :eek:

:p

blutil
05/11/2004, 12:19 AM
seery was on ST, was bitter out. cant remember exactly what he said but it was sumthing like, "i have done everything asked of me i never did not pay my players, but let me see i, i think some other clubs might have done this im not sure ?" was funny to watch

noby
05/11/2004, 7:49 AM
Personally, I think Roddy had every right to do what he did, but I don't think he should have left until the end of the season.

The problem there is rovers approached him. I think it would be worse if he agreed to join them at the end of the season. Would he then really want DC to stay up, and relegate his soon-to-be new club?

NY Hoop
05/11/2004, 9:41 AM
Ironic that the club that so despise Louis Kilcoyne - and rightly so - should now go and shaft a smaller club.
Whatever sympathy I had for Rovers has gone now. Sure, all clubs try to score points over their rivals, but this is sinking to a new low.

This form a club who has ollie?! :o Also you poached Geoghegan and Byrne while they were under contract in 94. Short memories indeed. Let me fill you in on something. In the football world players and managers are tapped everyday. CHF HAD NO CONTRACT with Roddy so nothing illegal happened. FACT.

And joe soap you are an ass coming out with **** like that.

KOH

Troy.McClure
05/11/2004, 11:43 AM
Sure City had the same thing with Colin Murphy a few years ago when he had accepted our offer of taking over but hadnt got around to signing the contract. Next thing we know he's off to Leister. It must be something to do with having Colin in your name :o Have to say though, this makes great entertainment for me, seeing the Dub clubs nag away at eachother. No sympathy for Seery tho, maybe he'll write a letter? If you want to be a pro club then do things like a pro, otherwise be an amature club and go down to Div 1 (or better just go)