PDA

View Full Version : We fcuking hate Shelbourne....

Pages : [1] 2

Colm
27/10/2004, 3:23 PM
we fcuking hate Shelbourne,
we fcuking hate,
we fcuking hate Shelbourne!

At the end of last nights game in Derry both sets of fans sang this song together! I thought it was priceless.

Also, we were told a story by a few of the Derry fans last night about a certain Mr. Ollie Byrne!
Apparantly, when they were having money troubles a few years back, Ollie Byrne went over and stood in front of the Derry fans waving 20 quid notes at them just to try and taunt them.
It's just another reason to hate this scumbag and his pathetic club!

thecorner
27/10/2004, 3:24 PM
agreed with the all above ;)

Roo69
27/10/2004, 3:26 PM
we fcuking hate,

At the end of last nights game in Derry both sets of fans sang this song together! I thought it was priceless.

Also, we were told a story by a few of the Derry fans last night about a certain Mr. Ollie Byrne!
Apparantly, when they were having money troubles a few years back, Ollie Byrne went over and stood in front of the Derry fans waving 20 quid notes at them just to try and taunt them.
It's just another reason to hate this scumbag and his pathetic club!

Jesus your gonna hate them even more come Friday at 9.30ish PM when they send Cork home with their tails between there legs.

It must be extremely embarresing for you if, sorry when, Shels win the league, i mean a pathetic club with no fans beating Ireland's largest and best supported club ! shocking :D Just Kidding.

Is the match on the box ?

thecorner
27/10/2004, 3:27 PM
Jesus your gonna hate them even more come Friday at 9.30ish PM when they send Cork home with their tails between there legs.

It must be extremely embarresing for you if, sorry when, Shels win the league, i mean a pathetic club with no fans beating Ireland's largest and best supported club ! shocking :D Just Kidding.

at least we have a chance to win the league...

more than sh!t club,no fans bray ;)

dancinpants
27/10/2004, 3:33 PM

Whats your reason for being so supportive of $hel$? Ye'll not like them so much when they're tanking yer lot next season. Are ye just jealous of Cork or what?

James
27/10/2004, 3:37 PM
buzzing round the office now singing that song :)
class

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 3:57 PM
we fcuking hate,

Absolutley priceless, maybe some day Cork will be big enough so that clubs like us will even bother thinking about them half the time too, nevermind starting up chants about them in games with nothing to do with them. Obsessed, but sure who could blame you :)

exile
27/10/2004, 4:06 PM
Absolutley priceless, maybe some day Cork will be big enough so that clubs like us will even bother thinking about them half the time too, nevermind starting up chants about them in games with nothing to do with them. Obsessed, but sure who could blame you :)

and maybe someday you will have fans enough to justify your so called "big club status" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
where are you fans ?????????????????????????
but ya know something even if we dont win the league our fans will still be flocking to the cross. unlike the majority of yours who are barstoolers

thecorner
27/10/2004, 4:08 PM
but ya know something even if we dont win the league our fans will still be flocking to the cross. unlike the majority of yours who are barstoolers

and also invading tolka

p.s. if this run keeps up,there will be people reaching 1000 posts in record time

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 4:11 PM
at least we have a chance to win the league...

more than sh!t club,no fans bray ;)
Hey relax there... He was only having a laugh. Jesus. :eek:

exile
27/10/2004, 4:15 PM
Hey relax there... He was only having a laugh. Jesus. :eek:
have to say living in bray and i have to admit i do go to the carlisle more than i should :o most bray fans are alright but its always so feckin cold there

Éanna
27/10/2004, 4:39 PM
shels are scum, we all know that. I'd rather see any other team than them win the league, so for us to have the chance to take it from them is even sweeter. come on the rebel army!!!

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 5:45 PM
and maybe someday you will have fans enough to justify your so called "big club status" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
where are you fans ?????????????????????????

I'm sure that's great consolation for the fact you support a bunch of small timers with one league to their name.

And really, the "OMG! $HEL£ HAVE NO FANS!!!111" line has been done before, is that really all you have on us? :D You can have all the support 'flocking to the cross' that you like, I'll cry all the way into our non barren trophy room.

Fair_play_boy
27/10/2004, 6:17 PM
I'm sure that's great consolation for the fact you support a bunch of small timers with one league to their name.

And really, the "OMG! $HEL£ HAVE NO FANS!!!111" line has been done before, is that really all you have on us? :D You can have all the support 'flocking to the cross' that you like, I'll cry all the way into our non barren trophy room.With posts like that, it is difficult NOT to become chauvenistic about what we have here in Cork.

exile
27/10/2004, 6:26 PM

And really, the "OMG! $HEL£ HAVE NO FANS!!!111" line has been done before, is that really all you have on us? :D You can have all the support 'flocking to the cross' that you like, I'll cry all the way into our non barren trophy room.
the solid basis for any club is their fans of which ye have none and your right it has been said a lots of times before, the fans are the heart and soul of a team and without fans what exactly is a soccer club???????????????
CORK CITY FC BEST SUPPORTED CLUB IN IRELAND
MOST LOYAL FANS IN IRELAND

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 6:28 PM
the solid basis for any club is their fans of which ye have none and your right it has been said a lots of times before, the fans are the heart and soul of a team and without fans what exactly is a soccer club???????????????
CORK CITY FC BEST SUPPORTED CLUB IN IRELAND
MOST LOYAL FANS IN IRELAND

That really is all you have on us :D

Er okay Exile, I'll settle for actually winning stuff meself, but sure technically I don't even exist.

jmc105
27/10/2004, 6:44 PM

actually a loyal fanbase is far more important than you seem to think. good example being man city, who dropped down two division yet still maintained top-flight numbers of fans - would they have gotten back to the premiership without that support?

as for the number of titles we've won in the past - well, we are a relatively young club, but leaving that aside - the future is infinitely more important than the past. according to history shamrock rovers are the best club in ireland...

it may make you feel better to look down on cork as a provincial, small-time club - although i fail to see how geography matters in football - but you seem to forget that to pretty much every other european nation, every eL side is a provincial, small-time outfit, including shels.

what matters is not how others see you, it's how you see yourself. and we see our club as the best in the league, with the potential to be successful both in ireland and in europe. this season might be a year too soon (altho if you're honest you'll acknowledge that the league is far from won) but city's time is coming.

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 6:51 PM
actually a loyal fanbase is far more important than you seem to think. good example being man city, who dropped down two division yet still maintained top-flight numbers of fans - would they have gotten back to the premiership without that support?

In all fairness, the Cork fans are one of the most notoriously fickle fans in the league and the difference between crowds when you're doing well and when you're not is massive. You've the best numbers in the league when it comes to crowd, no doubt about it, but you'll have to go some way to proving you've one of the most loyal. Don't forget what Shels went through between titles pre-1992.

what matters is not how others see you, it's how you see yourself. and we see our club as the best in the league, with the potential to be successful both in ireland and in europe. this season might be a year too soon (altho if you're honest you'll acknowledge that the league is far from won) but city's time is coming.

I do agree with that, both points, the league is far from won, obviously, and Cork have big potential. But potential and actually achieveing something are two different things.

jmc105
27/10/2004, 7:04 PM
In all fairness, the Cork fans are one of the most notoriously fickle fans in the league and the difference between crowds when you're doing well and when you're not is massive.

But potential and actually achieveing something are two different things.

every club will have its share of sunshine supporters (lansdowne road vs depor?) and city are no different. our average gate is still the best in the league tho, and our travelling support is pretty good too, especially considering that we've got farther to travel than most other clubs...

potential and success are of course different - but you can't have success without potential. the combination of brian lennox and pat dolan is perfect to finally realise the potential of ccfc. don't forget that we've been attracting fans in big numbers without having won very much recently. with a successful team having 8,000 fans at every home game is not unrealistic. and with the sqaud of players we have now, the style of football we're playing, the ambition of our manager and chairman, the support of the fans, that success isn't too far away.

friday's game should be a cracker - city are a young team tho, and the experience of this season should see them really take off next season, regardless of whether we finish 1st or 2nd this time around. which will be good for the league as a whole - breaking the dublin monopoly on the league.

Candystripe
27/10/2004, 7:12 PM
Slash/Ed, your "team" is nothing but a bunch of scumbag mercenaries. You are run by a CONVICTED CRIMINAL who has done time in the 'Joy. Yes, jailbird Ollie. You know, the guy who punches opposition fans when they don't do what he tells them? The fella who tried to push a St Pats official down a tunnel a few years ago? There's a list of things as long as my arm.

For such a "successful" team, your fanbase is a joke. The only reason you are challenging for the title is because you can afford to buy the best players from around the country coz youse are being bankrolled. Shelbourne FC ain't a football club, it's a business. Your pathetic excuse for a "club" doesn't even have a real home. Youse have moved around Dublin that much (what's that? Another move in the pipeline?) that you have lost any roots or history you ever had.

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 7:14 PM
Slash/Ed, your "team" is nothing but a bunch of scumbag mercenaries. You are run by a CONVICTED CRIMINAL who has done time in the 'Joy. Yes, jailbird Ollie. You know, the guy who punches opposition fans when they don't do what he tells them? The fella who tried to push a St Pats official down a tunnel a few years ago? There's a list of things as long as my arm.

For such a "successful" team, your fanbase is a joke. The only reason you are challenging for the title is because you can afford to buy the best players from around the country coz youse are being bankrolled. Shelbourne FC ain't a football club, it's a business. Your pathetic excuse for a "club" doesn't even have a real home. Youse have moved around Dublin that much (what's that? Another move in the pipeline?) that you have lost any roots or history you ever had.

Still at least you're not bitter.

Candystripe
27/10/2004, 7:17 PM
Still at least you're not bitter.

Amazing reply! You've shot down all of my arguements. I love Shels now...

:rolleyes:

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 7:21 PM
Amazing reply! You've shot down all of my arguements. I love Shels now...

:rolleyes:

Yes, you're superb well thought out argument. You're exactly the kind of bitter moron that I simply have to laugh at. Look at well thought out, superbly written arguments like this! "The only reason you are challenging for the title is because you can afford to buy the best players from around the country coz youse are being bankrolled" When the **** did Abramovich take over Shels? :D There's no point arguing with you, you're a clown, and if you want to talk about crowds then talk a look around the Brandywell. We've gotten bigger crowds for games this season than you could fit in the place and you don't even come close to filling it for a cup semi final.

Colm
27/10/2004, 7:22 PM

Great post Candystripe.
You've completely summed up Shelbourne football club and the scumbag thug who runs them.

jmc105
27/10/2004, 7:30 PM
what do you expect, candystripe? that he's going to abandon shels and support derry? if you'd been born in dublin you might well be a shels fan yourself. one man is not a club. oliie byrne might be satan himself but that doesn't mean all shels fans are devil worshippers...

if the derry chairman turned out to be less than perfect would you change your affiliation? no. because you support your club, and that's bigger than the chairman, the manager, even the players. it's a combination of all those, plus the fans, the history of the club, your own memories of going to games, watching matches on aertel, defending eL football to the liverpool "supporters" who laugh at you going to a game on a friday night...

rivalry is fine, but this 'hatred' thing is just ridiculous. some fans of every club behave badly sometimes, but surely we are intelligent enough to know that a handful of scumbags don't represent thhe majority...

Candystripe
27/10/2004, 7:34 PM
some fans of every club behave badly sometimes, but surely we are intelligent enough to know that a handful of scumbags don't represent thhe majority...

I've never had anything against any Shelbourne fan. Any fan of the Shels I've ever met has been sound.

It's the sad excuse for a football club that ****es me off, and the &*@£"rs that run it.

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 7:36 PM
I've never had anything against any Shelbourne fan. Any fan of the Shels I've ever met has been sound.

It's the sad excuse for a football club that ****es me off, and the &*@£"rs that run it.

No, it's the fact that we're better. Lets be honest, your post smacks of bitterness beyond belief, someonehow I doubt the '&*@£"rs that run it' would bother you too much if you were winning the league and we were in your position.

Every successful team in the world has bitter fools saying the same rubbish you are, "sad excuse for a football club" and other such rubbish. It's Celtic and Rangers in Scotland, Man U in England and it's the same the world over.

Fair_play_boy
27/10/2004, 7:44 PM
You are run by a CONVICTED CRIMINAL who has done time in the 'Joy. Yes, jailbird Ollie.So this is true then??!!?? Thought it was just a bad joke.

Colm
27/10/2004, 7:57 PM
So this is true then??!!?? Thought it was just a bad joke.

Yeah it's completely true.
He's a scumbag pure and simple, he has tried to pick fights with both Cork City and Derry City fans, he was in court for trying to incite the Pats fans in Inchicore a couple of years ago, he was encouraging the Shels fans (a bunch of about 20 youngfellas) to try and wind up the City fans outside the Horseshoe earlier this season, he condoned the bottles and water balloons being thrown at Pat Dolan saying it was Dolan's own fault....
I could go on and on and on and on and on....

No doubt someone else will post another few things he's done or been involved in.....

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 7:59 PM
No doubt someone else will post another few things he's done or been involved in.....

A very successful football team. :)

Colm
27/10/2004, 8:04 PM
A very successful football team. :)

Very good comeback in fairness! :)

A lot of people would say that the "very successful football team" was brought about by corruption, favourable treatment by certain el and fai officials and intimidation of referees.

Actually anyone know who the ref for this game will be?

Flea
27/10/2004, 8:05 PM
So this is true then??!!?? Thought it was just a bad joke.
If this is true, what for? Are these other stories actually true also?

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 8:08 PM
If this is true, what for?

Smuggling smokes.

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 8:09 PM

A lot of people would say that the "very successful football team" was brought about by corruption, favourable treatment by certain el and fai officials and intimidation of referees.

Actually anyone know who the ref for this game will be?

Well don't they say that about most successful teams?

And lads, get your conspiracy theorys ready, the Ref for this game is from Dublin :eek: :eek: :eek:

dancinpants
27/10/2004, 8:15 PM
and if you want to talk about crowds then talk a look around the Brandywell. We've gotten bigger crowds for games this season than you could fit in the place and you don't even come close to filling it for a cup semi final.

:rolleyes: You average a couple of hundred more at home matches than we do. Which is a sad reflection on $hel$ more than Derry, considering, yer top of the table AND ye have how many Dublin derbies in Tolka? 10 - yep TEN. And you say we should look around the Brandy, tell ye what the crowds in the Brandy fill a bigger percentage of the ground than yours do in Tolka!!!.
And if thats your league support, where do you suppose all these Shels supporters would have come from to filling your ground if you had made the cup semis?

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 8:17 PM
:rolleyes: You average a couple of hundred more at home matches than we do. Which is a sad reflection on $hel$ more than Derry, considering, yer top of the table AND ye have how many Dublin derbies in Tolka? 10 - yep TEN. And you say we should look around the Brandy, tell ye what the crowds in the Brandy fill a bigger percentage of the ground than yours do in Tolka!!!.
And if thats your league support, where do you suppose all these Shels supporters would have come from to filling your ground if you had made the cup semis?

Because we've had enough fans to more than fill the brandywell in Tolka this season. The fact is, Derry fans having a go at Shels over crowds is ****ing laughable, given your crowd for the cup semi final.

The Sheliban
27/10/2004, 8:42 PM
This all seems pretty sad to me. People who beat their wives, rob oaps or molest children are scum. Shels fans aren't.
Most of us who have been around the scene for years could reel off a list as long as your arm about why we hate a particular club. However, most of us realise deep down that we're united by our love of the league. The real enemy lies elsewhere.
As for Ollie, yes he did time for the smokes, he's always admitted it and served his sentence. This is obviously not good enough for some fascisti on here. Yes he's done some things that make all of us at Shels say, whoa, there, boy. But, my God he's a great man to have in your corner, and its true to say that without Ollie the club would probably have folded in the 80s.
As to the no- fans tag, I would say that we're only behind Cork in support, perhaps Bohs too. So obviously only Cork have decent fans?

ps the waving money at Derry fans was not because of your financial problems, but a response to the originally quite amusing, but now quite wearisome $h€l$ tag that Derry fans came up with.
The artist formerly known as The Sheliban

exile
27/10/2004, 9:13 PM
group hug everyone :rolleyes: :D

Éanna
27/10/2004, 10:35 PM
I've never liked shels as a club. their fans are a sound bunch, but I detest Ollie Byrne, I detest Pat Fenlon and I detest several of their players. Thats why I hate them.

daveh
27/10/2004, 10:54 PM
I think what best illustrates $hels philosophy is their european run this year.They go out and beat hajduk split in the cl in tolka,one of the best results for an irish team in europe ever,and then switch the deportivo tie to landsdowne,reducing their chances of victory in the first leg significantly,all in the name of profit of course.Dont tell me that tolka wasnt up to scratch cos i know for a fact that both city and shelbourne were upgraded to the UEFA A-licence,could have been a temporary licence,but still.

Colm
27/10/2004, 10:59 PM
their fans are a sound bunch

Are they?
Any Shels fan I've met has either been a smug old git, a stupid cow who thinks it's her duty to stick up for Ollie Byrne or a 16 year old scumbag.

As our own Pat Dolan said about Shels, they're rotten from the chairman down.

Éanna
27/10/2004, 11:02 PM
Are they?
Any Shels fan I've met has either been a smug old git, a stupid cow who thinks it's her duty to stick up for Ollie Byrne or a 16 year old scumbag.

in fairness, I've spoken to the briogaid dearg lads at ireland games and down at the cross and they're always sound. they have their ****** fans too off course, but who doesn't.

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 11:12 PM
As our own Pat Dolan said about Shels, they're rotten from the chairman down.

What exactly has Finbar Flood done to upset Pat so much? :confused:

Pablo
27/10/2004, 11:15 PM
What exactly has Finbar Flood done to upset Pat so much? :confused:

you're a bunch of cheating thug scumbags from top to bottom and you are hated because of this. and not because of footballing rivalry either.

scum

Slash/ED
27/10/2004, 11:17 PM
you're a bunch of cheating thug scumbags from top to bottom and you are hated because of this. and not because of footballing rivalry either.

scum

Fair play, you've out done the Derry contingent on the idiot scale, I didn't think it was possible.

Pablo
27/10/2004, 11:18 PM
Fair play, you've out done the Derry contingent on the idiot scale, I didn't think it was possible.

i didnt think they had the internet in crack houses?

ask ollie has he any fags knocking about?

Colm
27/10/2004, 11:24 PM
in fairness, I've spoken to the briogaid dearg lads at ireland games and down at the cross and they're always sound.

Nah, they're scum aswell.

Pablo
27/10/2004, 11:26 PM
Nah, they're scum aswell.

well said Colm Here here.

down with all shels scum

Fair_play_boy
27/10/2004, 11:27 PM

Actually anyone know who the ref for this game will be?Colm, consider deleting this. Mods, if Colm deletes, consider deleting this and other posts which quote Colm.
We don't want Gardai demanding ICQs from Adam / Dahamsta. Based on what I know of defamation law, this could happen.

Pablo
27/10/2004, 11:29 PM
Colm, consider deleting this. Mods, if Colm deletes, consider deleting this and other posts which quote Colm.
We don't want Gardai demanding ICQs from Adam / Dahamsta. Based on what I know of defamation law, this could happen.

he could be talking about anyone