PDA

View Full Version : Republic of Ireland V Turkey, Italy, Costa Rica & Portugal - May/June 2014

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Charlie Darwin
05/06/2014, 11:28 PM
Slightly worrying that you know where Stephen Ward is gone on holiday.

ArdeeBhoy
06/06/2014, 12:44 AM
But TOWK has a point on this one.
But 'modern' football(ers) and all that.

Charlie Darwin
06/06/2014, 1:10 AM
You're talking about modern football?

BonnieShels
06/06/2014, 1:46 AM
What I or what you think about them is beside the point! They are going to be playing a significant part in the coming campaign so it is, frankly, a problem for me!

Stephen Ward is on holiday in Italy right now. He is paid a king's ransom to kick a football for a living. Turn up for a 2 weeks and then you have plenty of time for a holiday!

Maybe he isn't part of the coming campaign? Maybe the manager of the team has decided he's seen enough? Do you know?

I don't like Wardy. I don't like him as part of the squad. I'm glad I now know he's in Italy and to be honest I hope he never pulls on a green shirt again.

These people are f'ing indulged beyond belief. The problem for most of them isn't physical exertion. They just can't stand being around each other and having to stay in a hotel room all day. Boo bloody hoo!

Where's the indulgence here?

Slightly worrying that you know where Stephen Ward is gone on holiday.

He is the pretender to POSH's manbag. He needs to know.

gastric
06/06/2014, 1:57 AM
So, Irish footballers should not listen to their wives or girlfriends when considering moves, should not attend weddings if it affects their 'international obligations' and God help us if they don't meet your definition of who is Irish. TOWK, I really don't know what you want from modern day footballers. Even Alex Ferguson realised that he had to change tact to work with modern footballers. Any chance you could do the same?

TheOneWhoKnocks
06/06/2014, 2:20 AM
So, Irish footballers should not listen to their wives or girlfriends when considering moves, should not attend weddings if it affects their 'international obligations' and God help us if they don't meet your definition of who is Irish. TOWK, I really don't know what you want from modern day footballers. Even Alex Ferguson realised that he had to change tact to work with modern footballers. Any chance you could do the same?

Of course they should talk to them. They should be making the decision though... you know since it's their career and they are earning.

Yes, to be quite frank, they shouldn't be going to a teammates' brother's wedding when they are supposed to be preparing for a qualifying campaign. I don't think that is unreasonable.

I don't like lads playing for 3 different countries, I don't like lads treating our underage teams as a launching pad for a senior career with England, I don't like lads declaring to boost their chances of getting moves at club level and I don't like Irish lads who have been playing all through the age groups being pushed aside once they reach 22 for mid-twenty somethings who are too sh!te to play for their own country. Again, not unreasonable, but I learn to tolerate it.

..... and that last paragraph isn't an assault on all English footballers who declare for Ireland, unless that is what you want to decipher from it.

gastric
06/06/2014, 2:37 AM
Of course they should talk to them. They should be making the decision though... you know since it's their career and they are earning.

Yes, to be quite frank, they shouldn't be going to a teammates' brother's wedding when they are supposed to be preparing for a qualifying campaign. I don't think that is unreasonable.

I don't like lads playing for 3 different countries, I don't like lads treating our underage teams as a launching pad for a senior career with England, I don't like lads declaring to boost their chances of getting moves at club level and I don't like Irish lads who have been playing all through the age groups being pushed aside once they reach 22 for mid-twenty somethings who are too sh!te to play for their own country. Again, not unreasonable, but I learn to tolerate it.

..... and that last paragraph isn't an assault on all English footballers who declare for Ireland, unless that is what you want to decipher from it.
Chauvinistic and stupid, careers aren't all about money. Girls can make decisions for themselves and decisions for couples should be joint decisions. It's called equality! The amount of negativity in this post is unbelievable, have you heard of prozac?

BonnieShels
06/06/2014, 3:04 AM

This is the end. I just don't know why you bother anymore to be honest.

Razors left peg
06/06/2014, 3:36 AM
This forum has a very bad habit lately of every thread being taken over by the ridiculously over the top views of one poster. Its becoming less and less enjoyable.

CraftyToePoke
06/06/2014, 4:07 AM
This forum has a very bad habit lately of every thread being taken over by the ridiculously over the top views of one poster. Its becoming less and less enjoyable.

True, my thoughts earlier today also. Certainly poorer for this presence.

Stuttgart88
06/06/2014, 7:46 AM

Yes, eff off Bonnie.

Yard of Pace
06/06/2014, 7:56 AM
True, my thoughts earlier today also. Certainly poorer for this presence.

Maybe TOWK could have his/her own thread or sub-forum where he can spout his/her opinions and anyone who's ridiculously bored or drunk or just in the mood for a row can go in and argue the toss with him/her to their heart's content.

Or maybe just send TOWK out on loan to Ybig. Either one would work.

DannyInvincible
06/06/2014, 8:26 AM

Christ, still pushing the sexist line? You're a cynic beyond reason. You see the worst in everyone and everything. Is there anything you can like in this convoluted modern world, other than dictating to other people what to do?

Stuttgart88
06/06/2014, 8:48 AM
Walters flying out to the US according to Indo.

tetsujin1979
06/06/2014, 9:24 AM
Walters flying out to the US according to Indo.
too late, damage is done, a real player would have swam to prove his loyalty
probably going on the orders of his missus anyway

ArdeeBhoy
06/06/2014, 9:25 AM
You're talking about modern football?
Er, yes.

So just 'ignore' anyone you don't like...it's not that hard surely?

Dodge
06/06/2014, 9:26 AM
too late, damage is done, a real player would have swam to prove his loyalty
probably going on the orders of his missus anyway

The whores will do anything for some duty free perfume

paul_oshea
06/06/2014, 9:41 AM

Ah im sorry lads, i just dont read too much into friendlies :P

pineapple stu
06/06/2014, 9:57 AM
Back on topic - has anyone found a stream for the match tonight at all?

ArdeeBhoy
06/06/2014, 10:07 AM
10-15 mins.before, the optimum time to ask.
Plus links on, er, YBIG. Or there will be.

pineapple stu
06/06/2014, 10:21 AM
So we've to wait up till 12:45am and then hope Costa Rica TV comes up trumps?

Damn well better be worth it! :D

Cheers anyway

Stuttgart88
06/06/2014, 10:34 AM
Will anyone be sticking it up on youtube for later?

ArdeeBhoy
06/06/2014, 11:17 AM
Aye Stu, sorry can't be more help...

pineapple stu
06/06/2014, 11:18 AM
Nah; sure it coincindes nicely with closing time, so will call it later on. :)

TheOneWhoKnocks
06/06/2014, 11:27 AM
Somebody needed to shake things up around here.

TheOneWhoKnocks
06/06/2014, 12:07 PM
Moving away from all the nastiness now.....

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/lsquomake-a-decision-royrsquo-271214.html

Dunphy calls on Roy to make a decision.

ArdeeBhoy
06/06/2014, 12:26 PM
So we've to wait up till 12:45am and then hope Costa Rica TV comes up trumps?

Damn well better be worth it! :D

Cheers anyway
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/topic49145_post1458561.html#1458561

Plus wiziwig also...Thanks to Mr.T.

Charlie Darwin
06/06/2014, 12:37 PM
Strange Setanta haven't picked it up, although they have a habit of only picking up games on the day. I can only assume the money Costa Rican TV are looking for is too high for a game that's not on at a sociable hour.

back of the net
06/06/2014, 12:42 PM
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/topic49145_post1458561.html#1458561

Plus wiziwig also...Thanks to Mr.T.

yeah was gonna recommend Wiziwig - im sure someone will have a stream for the game on there

great streaming site

Crosby87
06/06/2014, 12:55 PM
Well on goal.com readers have given ireland a 47.2% chance at a win, with 30.6 for the freaken ricans and 22.2 percent on a draw, at press time. Not sure how costa rica thinking they were playing northern ireland factors in.

Stuttgart88
06/06/2014, 12:59 PM
I think I saw somewhere on the web this morning that Ireland are playing lowly Costa Rica, or something like that.

Charlie Darwin
06/06/2014, 1:13 PM
They're certainly not high-flyers like us. I'd like to see them boast an assistant manager who's the envy of all Aston Villa.

Crosby87
06/06/2014, 3:05 PM
There is a youtube thing up for the game cast if you google it... I feel like an idiot asking this but do anyof you know how to copy and paste on here while using a tablet? My foot.ie experience has gone down with this thing. Cant copy and paste, see or use the thanks part or click on my name when Im too dumb to remember what thread I posted in, which is often.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7VRse05mAOo
Edit see if that works.

Razors left peg
06/06/2014, 3:59 PM
So just 'ignore' anyone you don't like...it's not that hard surely?

I do, I was just making the point that often there are pages and pages of nonsense to skip through and as I said that just makes this forum less enjoyable than it was

tetsujin1979
06/06/2014, 4:00 PM
There is a youtube thing up for the game cast if you google it... I feel like an idiot asking this but do anyof you know how to copy and paste on here while using a tablet? My foot.ie experience has gone down with this thing. Cant copy and paste, see or use the thanks part or click on my name when Im too dumb to remember what thread I posted in, which is often.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7VRse05mAOo
Edit see if that works.what tablet are you using?
On Android, there's a link under the "Share" icon to Copy to Clipboard. You can paste that into the reply window here

TheOneWhoKnocks
06/06/2014, 4:13 PM
I do, I was just making the point that often there are pages and pages of nonsense to skip through and as I said that just makes this forum less enjoyable than it was

I'm the reason the forum is less enjoyable. :rolleyes:

Two to tango. There are plenty of people that love stirring the pot and get kicks out of provoking me and my rants.

Like Ardee said. If you don't like someone/something, ignore them/it, stop stirring the pot and stop lazily deflecting all the blame for something on to one person when there are loads of contributing factors.

Edit: And while we are on the subject of wading through nonsense, what about the Conor Sammon thread that has about 4 or 5 pages of recycled fish puns? And I could list 4 or 5 other examples. But I suppose it's my fault for that too. :rolleyes:

Fixer82
06/06/2014, 5:14 PM
Edit: And while we are on the subject of wading through nonsense, what about the Conor Sammon thread that has about 4 or 5 pages of recycled fish puns? And I could list 4 or 5 other examples. But I suppose it's my fault for that too. :rolleyes:

Well to be fair, I think we did that just for the halibut

Razors left peg
06/06/2014, 6:12 PM
I find it very hard to believe that the national team are playing and none of the TV networks are showing it, its insane!

Im not even in the country and will have to be streaming it anyway but Im sure one of them could have cut some of the crap they show in order to stretch the budget to show it!

IsMiseSean
06/06/2014, 6:44 PM
RTE news at 6 didn't even mention the game.... Instead we were treated to tennis, horse racing, women's boxing, underage & wheelchair rugby.

ArdeeBhoy
06/06/2014, 7:24 PM
Tbf, it's the sort of fixture that will probably be long forgotten within 2 wks...
Unless there's some sort of freak result...

Fixer82
06/06/2014, 8:16 PM
Tbf, it's the sort of fixture that will probably be long forgotten within 2 wks...
Unless there's some sort of freak result...

Or Joey Lapira makes a long awaited comeback

tricky_colour
06/06/2014, 9:10 PM
I think I saw somewhere on the web this morning that Ireland are playing lowly Costa Rica, or something like that.

No it was the other way around, Costa Rica are playing lowly Ireland. :)

On a side note how will they see the ball when it is pitch black?

boysingreen
06/06/2014, 9:11 PM
Did we win the World Cup? Or it hasn't started yet?

BonnieShels
06/06/2014, 9:24 PM
Yes, eff off Bonnie.

Quiet you.

I'm all discombobulated and thought the game was on tomorrow for some reason. Didn't realise it was the 6th today. That's my night in sorted so.

ArdeeBhoy
06/06/2014, 9:56 PM
Did we win the World Cup? Or it hasn't started yet?
Tbf, the lads done great.
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/05/03/ireland-win-gaa-world-championship-for-73rd-year-in-a-row/

Razors left peg
06/06/2014, 10:23 PM
Im still not used to this craic of the team being named just before Kick Off, I keep looking for it for hours before!!!!

TheOneWhoKnocks
06/06/2014, 10:28 PM
Im still not used to this craic of the team being named just before Kick Off, I keep looking for it for hours before!!!!

Trapattoni used to name it the day before, didn't he?

Razors left peg
06/06/2014, 10:32 PM
Trapattoni used to name it the day before, didn't he?

A few days before in a lot of cases, after a few years of that Im finding it hard to adjust to the proper way again.... its the small things in life :)

paul_oshea
06/06/2014, 10:42 PM
I'm finding it hard to stay awake.i think I've the onset of malaria.but I won't cry foul and leave(pull out) early ill do my duty for my country regardless! !!

:D

paul_oshea
06/06/2014, 10:44 PM
Is it actually 1 kick off or slightly later?

one thing that worried me on wednesday was oneill and Keane kept saying what age is he now 34/35 siding on the 35.surely they should know? sounds like they have put him out to pasture already. ....ah no but if they have that thought big difference in 2 years....I hope delaney let them know.