PDA

View Full Version : Under-17 Squad

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

tetsujin1979
30/04/2015, 11:15 AM
Signed a professional contract with wolves only a few weeks ago: www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/first-contract-for-connor-2391413.aspx
Has already played for their u21 side, despite being only 17

Stuttgart88
30/04/2015, 12:20 PM
Connor Ronan is new too. He was in the England squad in February

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2015/feb/connor-ronan-discusses-rochdale-idols-and-england-aspirations-210215

He seemed delighted.does this count as his change of association then?

DannyInvincible
30/04/2015, 12:27 PM
does this count as his change of association then?

Only if he's played competitively (in FIFA/UEFA-recognised competition) for England and then requests a switch and formally effects it by playing competitively for us at any level. The Algarve Tournament doesn't have any official or competitive standing, as far as I'm aware. The games have the same status as friendlies. So, this wouldn't amount to an official change of association as his two appearances for England came in that tournament and the piece on him above seemed to suggest those games were his only international recognition by England. (Unless he went on to play in a competitive fixture for them since February...)

Dodge
30/04/2015, 12:34 PM
I've just checked. He actually played for us in the qualifiers in March.

DannyInvincible
30/04/2015, 12:38 PM
In that case, assuming he hadn't played competitively for England before March, he is now, for official purposes, an FAI-registered player and to play for England competitively, he'd have to request a switch, which is still unused and intact.

Eminence Grise
30/04/2015, 7:49 PM
Must..not..give..infraction..for.."joke"

Ah, go on. That Tabbi joke was cat!

Charlie Darwin
06/05/2015, 9:29 AM
Wolves midfielder Connor Ronan explains why he chose Ireland over England ahead of the UEFA Under-17 Championships. http://bit.ly/1AEatRJ (http://t.co/v9AsXyvrr7)

tetsujin1979
06/05/2015, 12:30 PM
to me it looks like if he already had his passport he wouldn't have played with England at all.

tetsujin1979
06/05/2015, 10:09 PM
Caoihmin Kelleher's not short of confidence: http://www.just-keepers.com/blog/16-year-old-liverpool-goalkeeper-caoimhin-kelleher-compares-manuel-neuer/

TG4 are showing the Italy and England games:
http://www.tg4.ie/tv-listings/tv-listings.html?date=2015-05-10

Sacar Beo: UEFA Faoi 17 14:50

Craoladh beo ar Éire v an Iodáil i gCraobhchomórtais Sacair EUFA Faoi-17 na hEorpa as Staid Stara Zagora sa Bhulgáir. Tá foireann Tom Mohan ar an gcéad fhoireann as Éirinn ar éirigh leo cáiliú don chomórtas ó 2008. Tá an Ísiltír, an Iodáil agus buaiteoirí reatha an chomórtais, Sasana, sa ghrúpa céanna leo. Is é seo an dara cluiche d'fhoireann na hÉireann, áit ar thug siad aghaidh ar an Ísiltír níos luaithe sa tseachtain. Buaileadh an Iodáil i gCluiche Ceannais na bliana seo caite.

http://www.tg4.ie/tv-listings/tv-listings.html?date=2015-05-13

Sacar Beo: UEFA Faoi 17 16:50

Craoladh beo ar Éire v Sasana i gCraobhchomórtais Sacair EUFA Faoi-17 na hEorpa as Staid Stara Zagora sa Bhulgáir. Is iad Sasana buaiteoirí reatha an chomórtais agus beidh cluiche crua roimh réaltaí óga na tíre seo. Is é seo an tríú cluiche d'fhoireann na hÉireann, áit ar thug siad aghaidh ar an Ísiltír agus ar an Iodáil níos luaithe sa tseachtain.

tetsujin1979
07/05/2015, 10:00 AM
Live text commentary from the opener VS Holland: http://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2015/matches/live/day=37/session=1/match=2016442/index.html

Closed Account
07/05/2015, 11:18 AM
Kelleher living up to his lofty ambitions. The Dutch have had 6 attempts on target, score remains 0-0

(I've probably jinxed him)

nigel-harps1954
07/05/2015, 11:29 AM
Only 7 minutes left. That'd be a very positive start if they can hold onto that 0-0 draw.

nigel-harps1954
07/05/2015, 11:35 AM
In the last 5 minutes Ireland have missed 3 good chances according to that live tracker before Kelleher made another save.

nigel-harps1954
07/05/2015, 11:42 AM
0-0 draw is a great result to open the group for them.

tetsujin1979
07/05/2015, 11:44 AM
finished 0-0

Italy - England is live on Eurosport tonight if you want to scout the upcoming opposition

Closed Account
07/05/2015, 11:53 AM
"The referee ends the second half. After being under pressure for long periods, Ireland could have won it late on, Trevor Clarke having two attempts on goal and Jamie Aherne heading against the underside of the bar. "

CraftyToePoke
07/05/2015, 11:56 AM
Looks like they kept themselves in it & could have snatched it at the end, good result and start.

tetsujin1979
07/05/2015, 10:07 PM
England beat Italy 1-0. Scrappy enough goal, shot came back off the upright, rebound was passed/scuffed to a striker who had a fairly easy finish.
Leaves the group pretty open, with England the favourites to get through now.

Charlie Darwin
07/05/2015, 10:11 PM
You'd think Netherlands have England's number given their last meeting, so I'd say it's all there to play for.

tetsujin1979
08/05/2015, 11:06 PM
Some highlights from the opening game

https://vimeo.com/127281632

TrapAPony
10/05/2015, 11:04 AM
Big game today v Italy. Shown on Eurosport and TG4. Kick off at 3pm.

tetsujin1979
10/05/2015, 11:37 AM
Big game today v Italy. Shown on Eurosport and TG4. Kick off at 3pm.
3PM local time, it's 2PM here

nigel-harps1954
10/05/2015, 1:12 PM
1-0 down already. A good finish too from the Italian fella.

tetsujin1979
10/05/2015, 1:32 PM
calamity of errors in defence for Ireland though, easily could have put the ball out for a corner at least three times, before the ball fell to the Italian striker

Ireland playing good football though

tetsujin1979
10/05/2015, 2:20 PM
2-0 now, again a defensive mistake leading to the goal, the right full tried an air shot to clear the ball, which instead fell to an Italian player. He passed it to the striker, who fired into the net.
The Ireland side really do deserve something from this though

nigel-harps1954
10/05/2015, 2:33 PM
Couple of very good performances out there, that young Masterson fella looks pure quality.

Too many very poor passes have let Ireland down. Same story as Netherlands though by the look of it, not taking chances when they come.

Closed Account
10/05/2015, 2:36 PM
They've lacked what all out underage sides have missed since Robbie I suppose, someone who'll put the ball in the net. They've had the majority of possession and Ronan looks a good player. Better to watch than the senior side, in the first 2 thirds of the pitch.

Stuttgart88
10/05/2015, 4:22 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by how accomplished they look, as individuals, as a team and as units of a team, but all a bit futile without a genuine threat in the box. The one big chance fell to Barrett(?). From behind the goal it looked like if he had left it the cross would have gone straight in as the keeper dived left too early in anticipation of Barrett's touch.

liamoo11
10/05/2015, 6:45 PM
Will we b through if we beat England? In the qualifiers we wood but maybe this goes on goal difference

nigel-harps1954
10/05/2015, 7:12 PM
Need to beat England by two to go through by my looking of the table.

tetsujin1979
10/05/2015, 9:27 PM
England - Netherlands finished 1-1 in the other game in our group

liamoo11
13/05/2015, 2:59 PM
England - Netherlands finished 1-1 in the other game in our group
Excited for this evenings game in fairness great chance to qualify. Brits certainly physically bigger. Been very pressed with tabi and levingston in centre mid really good passers. Masterson looks pure class. The two British fullbacks have looked very impressive if we can nullify them think we will be in with great chance. Watched the Italy game again last night we really did play excellent football and looked technically superior to italy

nigel-harps1954
13/05/2015, 3:36 PM
Scotland looking like going out without a point and without a goal from their group C.

It'd be great to at very least go out and get a good result from England, the reigning champions. With a large group of home-based players, they can be very proud of their achievements to even get this far. I know it's jumping the gun, and a large portion of these players won't make it at the highest level in reality, but it bodes well for the future of Irish football to have our young teams getting to the finals and performing well in these tournaments.

It would be fantastic though to beat England 2-0 and sneak through, giving them a good chance of getting to the World Cup later this year.

Charlie Darwin
13/05/2015, 4:17 PM
England play some decent football. How un-English of them.

Stuttgart88
13/05/2015, 4:25 PM
How un-Irish of us to do the same.

liamoo11
13/05/2015, 4:50 PM
How un-Irish of us to do the same.
Good contest stats very misleading Barrett had three very good chances England had bout same. Edwards is lovely player.

Charlie Darwin
13/05/2015, 4:55 PM
Italy 1-0 up on the Dutch at half-time.

DannyInvincible
13/05/2015, 5:01 PM
Great chance for Ireland to take the lead. England survive.

Drumcondra 69er
13/05/2015, 5:24 PM
Dutch equalise, need to score 2 as it stands. Missed one great chance and one half chance thus half, usual story in front of goal.

Charlie Darwin
13/05/2015, 5:35 PM
Ah liathróidí.

DannyInvincible
13/05/2015, 5:48 PM
Beaten by a nice goal. Thought Kelleher looked a composed keeper otherwise.

Drumcondra 69er
13/05/2015, 6:46 PM
Usual story, our choice of option when we get into the final third is awful and we can't score goals, 3 games with zero goals tells it's own story.

That said, we play decent football in the lower two thirds of the pitch and battle hard till the final whistle. Weren't outclassed in any games against countries at the top end of European football. There's a great attitude in the team and a few decent prospects. Jury out on whether any will make the grade.

Bungle
13/05/2015, 7:57 PM
Usual story, our choice of option when we get into the final third is awful and we can't score goals, 3 games with zero goals tells it's own story.

That said, we play decent football in the lower two thirds of the pitch and battle hard till the final whistle. Weren't outclassed in any games against countries at the top end of European football. There's a great attitude in the team and a few decent prospects. Jury out on whether any will make the grade.

Very true. We have some top prospects - I can see all the fuss about Masterson. He looks really good and kelleher looks very good.

It shows though that we really need a creative midfielder and a striker to break through. Hopefully Jack Byrne and grealish;)

liamoo11
13/05/2015, 9:11 PM
Very true. We have some top prospects - I can see all the fuss about Masterson. He looks really good and kelleher looks very good.

It shows though that we really need a creative midfielder and a striker to break through. Hopefully Jack Byrne and grealish;)

Well done to them nice football and were competitive in all games. Fair play to eurosport for showing them. As far as I know tabi who looks a fine prospect and scully are underage next season as well

Charlie Darwin
14/05/2015, 11:05 AM

Masterson looks a very good player and really stood out. My only reservation is he's physically more developed than most players his age and will need to continue that if/when his peers catch up.

Deckydee
14/05/2015, 3:16 PM
We should so start a thread on this guy: (Connor Ronan)

http://www.thestar.ie/star/connor-ronan-ill-show-england-what-theyre-missing-62307/

He already switched allegiance already, so that wont come into play in about 3-4 years from now

Ronan explained: “Both my grandparents on my dad’s side are Irish. My granddad (Liam) is from Kilkenny and my grandma (Veronica) is from Galway.
“Going away with England, that went well. But when I was away with England I knew I was going away with Ireland the week after, so it was just to see what it was like.
“I wanted to get an experience and to see which one I’d prefer to play for.”
It wasn’t long before he realised that he wanted to line out for the Boys in Green.
“It’s the atmosphere in the group. With Ireland, it felt like more of a team,” he said.
“Everyone is more together, and you feel more involved.”

Charlie Darwin
14/05/2015, 3:46 PM
Mikey Drennan said something similar about Jack Grealish's experience when he joined up with Ireland compared to England - he enjoyed his time with the squad much more. We may not be great at football but we are, at least, sound.

tetsujin1979
30/05/2015, 2:19 PM
Conor Ronan was joint top scorer, and voted second best player, as Wolves won the Bitzer Cup in Germany on penalties

back of the net
30/05/2015, 2:29 PM
Mikey Drennan said something similar about Jack Grealish's experience when he joined up with Ireland compared to England - he enjoyed his time with the squad much more. We may not be great at football but we are, at least, sound.

Ya wont get a winners medal in the "World Craic Cup" with England Jack

liamoo11
22/09/2015, 7:04 PM
under 17 squad for first round qualifiers http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/ireland-u17s-head-to-finland-for-uefa-qualifying-round

a new face in there from sweden I think. Great to see liverpools mccauley in

The mallon lad is a new face seems he is a northern boy welcome aboard

The lad with the swedish club was in swedish under 17 squad this summer