PDA

View Full Version : LOI Series 19 & 16 - Premier and First Division fixtures.

Pages : [1] 2

bullit
04/07/2013, 9:48 PM
All ko's 7.45 unless stated.

Friday

Premier

Bray Wanderers V Shamrock Rovers

Bohemian V LimerickFC

Cork City V Sligo Rovers* Edit - live on Setanta Sports

Derry City V DundalkFC

First

Finn Harps V Cobh Ramblers 8pm

Wexford Youths V Athlone Town 8pm

-------------------------------------------------

Saturday

First

Mervue United V Salthill Devon 5pm

Longford Town V Waterford United 7.30pm

--------------------------------------------------

Sunday

Premier

Drogheda United V Shelbourne 3pm

Tuesday

Premier

LimerickFC V Bray Wanderers

OddsChecker best odds betting -

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/other/ireland/premier-league

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/other/ireland/first-division

dundalkfc10
05/07/2013, 3:18 PM
Cant go tonight, Does Derry have commentary on it?

bullit
05/07/2013, 3:25 PM
Cant go tonight, Does Derry have commentary on it?

Couple of larriers that be's on this do the commentary on http://live.drive105.co.uk/

patrickccfc
05/07/2013, 3:34 PM
Great weather for a game of football. Hopefully a good game for tv. Usually would expect a crowd of over 3k for this but with whats gone before there prob will be under 2k. Have a few out tonight which never helps but hopefully kilduff can get the right service and the lads put in a good performance. Come on city!!

DannyInvincible
05/07/2013, 7:19 PM
What's this all about in the Brandywell? :confused:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s403x403/1013176_10151475764526401_58283920_n.jpg

White Horse
05/07/2013, 7:36 PM
Why are the stewards in Derry not taking down the Nazi flag.

Shocking.

Mr A
05/07/2013, 7:39 PM
Left over from the surrender of the U Boats maybe?

Always knew there had to be a link between Derry City and the Nazis.

DannyInvincible
05/07/2013, 7:45 PM
Why are the stewards in Derry not taking down the Nazi flag.

Shocking.

It's not still up, is it?

I've since heard it was forced down by three other lads. The guy who put it up is apparently a lecturer in Magee University. Bizarre.

White Horse
05/07/2013, 8:03 PM
It's not still up, is it?

I've since heard it was forced down by three other lads. The guy who put it up is apparently a lecturer in Magee University. Bizarre.

I thought you posted a photo from tonight. Is it an old photo?

DannyInvincible
05/07/2013, 8:09 PM
I thought you posted a photo from tonight. Is it an old photo?

It's from tonight. I didn't take the photo myself. Sorry, I thought you were posting from the game, reporting that it had yet to be removed.

White Horse
05/07/2013, 8:14 PM
It's from tonight. I didn't take the photo myself. Sorry, I thought you were posting from the game, reporting that it had yet to be removed.

Crossed wires, so.

Maybe someone from the Brandywell can report whether it is still up.

mightaswell
05/07/2013, 8:19 PM
Thats a disgrace....anywho nice goal by Horgan

White Horse
05/07/2013, 8:40 PM
Dundalk 1 Derry 0, Mulvenna

thomas72
05/07/2013, 8:47 PM
FT bohs 0 limerick 1

monkey9
05/07/2013, 8:51 PM
Thank you Cork and Dundalk. Great night for Pat's.

Nesta99
05/07/2013, 8:58 PM

And there was me thinking what a great night for Dundalk. If we get a result next week v Bohs, and with Shamrock Rovers v Derry, and Sligo Rovers v Pats well then amazingly we really will be pushing into the mix

CuanaD
05/07/2013, 8:59 PM
Wow - interesting set of results tonight - great for Cork, Dundalk & Pats for sure; nice for Lims to get the points on the road too.

White Horse
05/07/2013, 9:01 PM
And there was me thinking what a great night for Dundalk. If we get a result next week v Bohs, and with Shamrock Rovers v Derry, and Sligo Rovers v Pats well then amazingly we really will be pushing into the mix

That's too complicated for most Pats fans.

Ezeikial
05/07/2013, 9:03 PM

The big winners tonight were Shamrock Rovers who close the gap on the league leaders to 11 points

monkey9
05/07/2013, 9:14 PM

You's have already won the league once this season. I just can't see you's being that greedy.

White Horse
05/07/2013, 9:18 PM
You's have already won the league once this season. I just can't see you's being that greedy.

Champions of The World!

Get it right.

bullit
05/07/2013, 9:20 PM
Hi monkey will ya give the trolling up? Mickey duffy sends his love btw:music::love_heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

DannyInvincible
05/07/2013, 9:43 PM
Crossed wires, so.

Maybe someone from the Brandywell can report whether it is still up.

It was removed by a trio of proactive Derry fans shortly after a solitary idiot, who instigated a minor quarrel and who also happens to feature in the photograph, put it up. I'm told there were no stewards on that side of the ground.

White Horse
05/07/2013, 9:47 PM
It was removed by a trio of proactive Derry fans shortly after a solitary idiot, who instigated a minor quarrel and who also happens to feature in the photograph, put it up. I'm told there were no stewards on that side of the ground.

No stewards? Unbelievable.

Well done to the Derry fans who stopped an idiot who was disgracing their club.

Dunny
05/07/2013, 9:56 PM
YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

eelmonster
05/07/2013, 10:03 PM
A great bunch of lads.

Charlie Darwin
05/07/2013, 10:08 PM
Just seen Horgan's first goal on the news now. What an absolutely disgraceful finish. That's three worldies in little over a month for him.

bullit
05/07/2013, 10:56 PM
No stewards? Unbelievable.

Well done to the Derry fans who stopped an idiot who was disgracing their club.

http://balls.ie/football/picture-shocking-swastika-flag-at-the-brandywell/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

jinxy lilywhite
06/07/2013, 12:34 AM
all I can say is that you're welcome St Pats Fans. cant wait till we overtake you :p

Charlie Darwin
06/07/2013, 12:53 AM
I have to say I'm surprised to see Dundalk do so well. I always rated Kenny as a manager but this is a step above. If he's challenging for the title by the end of the year it'll probably be his greatest achievement.

Ezeikial
06/07/2013, 1:39 AM
In comparison to the Shamrock Rovers, Sligo, St Pats and Derry the budget that Stephen Kenny is working with is extremely modest, and it probably ranks either 7th or 8th overall.

To have Dundalk sitting 4th and within striking distance of the 3 clubs currently higher in the league table is nothing short of astounding considering this is his first season in charge and he has started from scratch.

Because of the modest squad size, injuries and suspensions may be a significant factor in whether Dundalk can maintain a challenge or not. Based on the fixtures for the remaining matches in series 2, Kenny may well be putting even more pressure on the top of table over the next 3 weeeks

Dundalk
Bohs (Home)
Cork (Away)
Bray (Home)

St Patricks Ath
Sligo (Away)
Derry (Away)
Cork (Home)

Derry City
Rovers (Away)
St Pats (Home)
Limerick (Away)

Sligo Rovers
St Pats (Home)
Drogheda (Away)
Rovers (Home)

Shamrock Rovers
Derry (Home)
UCD (Home)
Sligo (Away)

PartySaint
06/07/2013, 5:03 AM

You're right, I'm confused, are you guys still Champions or did Limerick take over after they beat you last week?

MariborKev
06/07/2013, 7:07 AM
Any chances we could get this thread, and others, back to a semblance of debate rather than just random bickering?

Dundalk value for their win in the Brandywell tonight, sickener when it comes so late though.

White Horse
06/07/2013, 7:40 AM
I have to say I'm surprised to see Dundalk do so well. I always rated Kenny as a manager but this is a step above. If he's challenging for the title by the end of the year it'll probably be his greatest achievement.

Dundalk fans are surprised as well.

Kenny has instilled a sense of composure and quiet confidence in the group. Dundalk went to Derry without Rossiter, O'Donnell, Ward, and Mountney. He brought in lads who have hardly played at all this season. Kenny nailed the game tactically, neutered every area Derry have excelled at. He reduced Derry to hoofing long balls to Patterson. At home.

I don't know what went on at Rovers last season. Kenny is the standout manager this season, so far.

gormacha
06/07/2013, 9:44 AM

Have there been any further developments or information on or about this?

patrickccfc
06/07/2013, 10:21 AM
Just seen Horgan's first goal on the news now. What an absolutely disgraceful finish. That's three worldies in little over a month for him.
Yeah some amazing goals by him recently. Great 2nd half performance from us last night, thats the kind of performance we are looking for and hopefully we can build on it now. First half wasnt that great but for all sligo's possession they never really looked like scoring. Thought kilduff was very good held up the ball well and great at taking the ball out of the air. Did well to get ahead of the keeper for the goal and hopefully he can get a few more. Few chants of "sign him up" but rovers wont be letting him go.

Poor crowd there last night too on a great night for football.

Dillonman
06/07/2013, 10:34 AM
'hon da town....we are flying this season. great win last night in derry.

patrickccfc
06/07/2013, 10:53 AM
'hon da town....we are flying this season. great win last night in derry.
Kenny doing a great job for ye. Thought ye would drop away after awhile but no ye are still up there. Great to see after last year being a game away from relegation.

Dillonman
06/07/2013, 11:16 AM
Kenny doing a great job for ye. Thought ye would drop away after awhile but no ye are still up there. Great to see after last year being a game away from relegation.
Consolidation was the main aim this year and then build over Kenny's next 2 years of his contract. This is just one big surprise so far!!

oriel
06/07/2013, 11:30 AM

Would have been a very difficult road back, and not sure new owners would have had the enthusiasm to pump money in to fund a promotion.

This week last year we were beaten 4-0 by Shelbourne, that's the progress we have made.

Sean South
06/07/2013, 11:47 AM
Any chances we could get this thread, and others, back to a semblance of debate rather than just random bickering?

Dundalk value for their win in the Brandywell tonight, sickener when it comes so late though.

What bickering?

mightaswell
06/07/2013, 2:09 PM
Daryl Horgan will surely have a career in the EPL...starting soon i'd say aswell

Charlie Darwin
06/07/2013, 2:28 PM
Soon would be a stretch. He certainly has the talent to perhaps make it there in a couple of years. Sligo must really regret letting him go, although I suppose they didn't want to stand in his way either.

DannyInvincible
06/07/2013, 2:41 PM
Have there been any further developments or information on or about this?

It's been claimed the culprit has been banned from the Brandywell for life but that may be just Derry rumour.

Sam_Heggy
06/07/2013, 2:58 PM
Kynan Rocks of Cobh Ramblers is a super talent. I've saw him play 3 times now and every time he looks a different class.
Has impressed me much more than Seanie Maguire ever did.
He could end up in EPL very easily imo.

Charlie Darwin
06/07/2013, 3:40 PM
With a name like that it would be a tragedy if he didn't make it at a higher level. What type of player is he?

avvenalaf
06/07/2013, 4:47 PM
Soon would be a stretch. He certainly has the talent to perhaps make it there in a couple of years. Sligo must really regret letting him go, although I suppose they didn't want to stand in his way either.

Cookie never rated him although he was the only one in The Showgies who didn't. Think there's a serious sell on percentage in the deal.

patrickccfc
06/07/2013, 5:17 PM
Yeah wouldnt think it will be anytime soon(hopefully). But im sure the watching west ham officials would of been impressed. Has had a few poor games but when hes at his best he is top quality

nigel-harps1954
06/07/2013, 5:48 PM
With a name like that it would be a tragedy if he didn't make it at a higher level. What type of player is he?

Superb player. Very small though. Similar build and even hairstyle of one Barry McNamee. Excellent pace, and has a cracking right foot, which he proved with a superb individual goal last night.

JC_GUFC
06/07/2013, 6:00 PM

Yeah the best name in the league since Max Cream!