PDA

View Full Version : manager vacancy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

thomas72
18/11/2012, 3:55 PM
Good old roddy first up to speak out wanting the job.

http://m.limerickleader.ie/sport/soccer/i-want-limerick-job-says-roddy-1-4495766

Jofspring
18/11/2012, 4:09 PM
Predictable as ever. I suppose its worth a go for himself but not a hope we should go for him. He seems a good bit of craic but that's about it.

Just to keep up with it we are now linked with:

Roddy
Johnny McDonnell
Stephen Kenny

patrickccfc
18/11/2012, 6:53 PM
he's very sure of himself isn't he? i can see limerick safely staying up but winning the league.. come off it roddy

Jofspring
18/11/2012, 8:01 PM
he's very sure of himself isn't he? i can see limerick safely staying up but winning the league.. come off it roddy

It's just Roddy being Roddy.

NeverFeltBetter
18/11/2012, 9:01 PM
All jokes aside, Collins has been a mediocre, even poor, manager for the vast majority of his career in the dug-out. He's attracted interest from clubs that think he's still the man who won the double with Bohs, but that person doesn't exist anymore. A bad formbook when dealing with boardrooms/owners and a total lack of loyalty and integrity in his many jobs completes the process. Simply not a viable option.

I notice that Scully being sacked and the search for a new manager has attracted much more interest from the media than Limerick actually winning promotion.

NeverFeltBetter
18/11/2012, 11:49 PM
Get your applications in now!
http://www.limerickfc.ie/vacancy-first-team-manager

bluewhitearmy
19/11/2012, 12:25 AM
Just talking to an uncle of mine that works in the strand said that Pat O Sullivan was in there today with Peter Taylor.

jaorta
19/11/2012, 4:49 PM
Just talking to an uncle of mine that works in the strand said that Pat O Sullivan was in there today with Peter Taylor.

That wouldnt be a major surprise really.There are bound to be a list of surprise canidates.We will be looked on as a progressive club with a few bob to spend and unlimited potential.May the best man(for the club) win...

bluewhitearmy
19/11/2012, 11:11 PM
Been told today too that Jason McCateer is interested.

sadloserkid
20/11/2012, 8:00 AM
Been told today too that Jason McCateer is interested.

McAteer has been angling for a job in Ireland for a while now. I wouldn't fancy it. He's no experience (as a manager or of the league and I think you need at least one of those). I also have a sense that he sees the league as an easy opportunity for him to skip a few steps on the coaching ladder.

Jofspring
20/11/2012, 8:56 AM
McAteer has been angling for a job in Ireland for a while now. I wouldn't fancy it. He's no experience (as a manager or of the league and I think you need at least one of those). I also have a sense that he sees the league as an easy opportunity for him to skip a few steps on the coaching ladder.

Would agree with that. He wouldn't meet the requirements laid out anyway.

Personally I'd prefer someone with LOI experience or at least a knowledge of the game here. If its somebody from abroad he would need to have a few years experience. I don't think we are in a situation to be giving a manager somewhere to find his feet as we need to establish ourselves in the premier first.

da bishop
20/11/2012, 6:00 PM
would expect Kenny to take Dundalk job,would suit him at this time .

jaorta
20/11/2012, 10:34 PM
would expect Kenny to take Dundalk job,would suit him at this time .

Why is that bishop.I hear Brian Kerrs name being mentioned....now thats interesting.
Who is this Conor Nestor chap?does he qualify?

Jofspring
20/11/2012, 10:56 PM
Why is that bishop.I hear Brian Kerrs name being mentioned....now thats interesting.

Conor Nestor does the FAI coaching badges courses in limerick.

dutchie
21/11/2012, 7:06 PM

Dont think Conor qualifies for manager,was mentioned in a coaching capacity,does that make sense????

Jofspring
21/11/2012, 8:57 PM
That's Roddy out of it anyway. New Athlone Town manager.

NeverFeltBetter
21/11/2012, 9:55 PM
And Kenny, he's confirmed off to Dundalk.

Charlie Darwin
21/11/2012, 10:21 PM
Roberto Di Matteo is on the lookout apparently.

NeverFeltBetter
21/11/2012, 10:32 PM
He'll do in the interim.

jaorta
21/11/2012, 10:34 PM
Conor Nestor does the FAI coaching badges courses in limerick.

I enquired from a workmate of mine who has had a lot of soccer interactions with him over the years,
he swears by him and says he is the best man he has ever come across to read and develop tactics,
he is very highly thought of in the FAI and has a good way about him.He also has a great knowledge
of underage talent in munster,so maybe it would be foolish not to harness all this in some capacity.
Obviously he couldnt get the managers job but second or third in command??would he be able/allowed
to do both jobs??He would also add a Limerick dimension to proceedings as he is from the county....

sadloserkid
21/11/2012, 11:11 PM
Pat Scully is available at the moment right? :)

thomas72
26/11/2012, 9:15 AM
Leader saying kerr mcAteer and cunningham are short listed whatever about kerr but mcAteer would be abysmal he is not the sharpest tool in the box stay clear.

Jofspring
26/11/2012, 12:34 PM
Brian Kerr has ruled himself out in today's star saying he wants an international job and not a full time club job.

thomas72
29/11/2012, 9:33 AM
Peter Taylor fav for job met POS last week according to this morning newspapers.

culloty82
29/11/2012, 12:51 PM
Would have to be better than Ferdinand, surely?

bluewhitearmy
29/11/2012, 1:46 PM

Peter Taylor fav for job met POS last week according to this morning newspapers.

And some people doubted that we knew what was going on with the club :p:cool:

jaorta
30/11/2012, 4:06 PM
And some people doubted that we knew what was going on with the club :p:cool:

Or are we dealing with a lazy journalist who gets his information on foot.....mmm I wonder?

bluewhitearmy
30/11/2012, 6:45 PM
Or are we dealing with a lazy journalist who gets his information on foot.....mmm I wonder?

Thats definitely it mentioned on here and now he is favourite. Same as Brian Kerr was in the papers the same day he ruled himself out.

jaorta
03/12/2012, 7:50 AM
Thats definitely it mentioned on here and now he is favourite. Same as Brian Kerr was in the papers the same day he ruled himself out.

Phil Brown ex Hull City manager has the job.....

Jofspring
03/12/2012, 9:34 AM
Phil Brown ex Hull City manager has the job.....

Definitely? According to the indo he is yet to be interviewed.

thomas72
03/12/2012, 10:15 AM
Its all well and good interviewing all these big names but they know absolutely nothing about this league and its players what players would they go after in our league with so little knowledge. I just think a manager with loi experience would suit us better.

Jofspring
03/12/2012, 10:39 AM
Its all well and good interviewing all these big names but they know absolutely nothing about this league and its players what players would they go after in our league with so little knowledge. I just think a manager with loi experience would suit us better.

If any manager came from England they would have to have someone that knows the league as second in command. Baraclough kept the whole back team from Sligo for that reason.

sadloserkid
03/12/2012, 10:55 AM
I agree with Jofspring that a good, local assistant would offset the disadvantages of bringing somebody in from abroad. The other side of that coin too is the players they might bring with them (Michael O'Neill bringing Twigg to Shamrock Rovers is a case in point).

kingpin4
03/12/2012, 10:59 AM
If any manager came from England they would have to have someone that knows the league as second in command. Baraclough kept the whole back team from Sligo for that reason.

Except, haven't half the back room team walked already with Scully? If it is Brown, then I'd really want a top notch number two in there with him, because there's no point taking a gamble on someone who never knew Limerick even existed.

Jofspring
03/12/2012, 12:42 PM
Except, haven't half the back room team walked already with Scully? If it is Brown, then I'd really want a top notch number two in there with him, because there's no point taking a gamble on someone who never knew Limerick even existed.

Ya the back room team are gone as it stands but the club have also asked for cv's to be set in re the assistants job.

kingpin4
03/12/2012, 12:50 PM
Ya the back room team are gone as it stands but the club have also asked for cv's to be set in re the assistants job.

Then what about the other 5 or 6 who were there? They going to invite CVs for those positions?
Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but surely Phil Brown is going to cost upwards of 100K for a year?

Jofspring
03/12/2012, 1:04 PM
K
Then what about the other 5 or 6 who were there? They going to invite CVs for those positions?
Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but surely Phil Brown is going to cost upwards of 100K for a year?

Well all they really need is a manager and a coach or 2 surely?

It's only supposed to be at the interview stage so if phil brown wanted big money they could just go for someone else.

sadloserkid
03/12/2012, 2:20 PM
If Phil Brown (or anybody else) wants 100k a year then I think it's safe to assume that they just won't get the job. There is a perception out there that Limerick are paying out far more than is actually the case. This will definitely have informed the type of candidate we've attracted for the manager's position but equally I don't believe that O'Sullivan will throw silly money at the appointment so I don't think it's a big issue (it may be part of the reason that Brian Kerr removed himself from contention).

I don't doubt that it'll cost us some players too when they realise that they're not in line for five figure weekly salaries, fur coats and complimentary yachts. Ultimately the hope has to be that the club will put together a team that they (by which I mean Pat O'Sullivan really) can afford.

Dodge
03/12/2012, 2:42 PM
All these lads have agents. They've no qualms about ringing clubs and asking what salaries are before applying. If candidates are appling, its safe to say they know what their salary will be

Thats not to say the likes of Brown have applied. I havent' a clue, but his agent will defo know the ball park salary

Blue-Army
03/12/2012, 3:43 PM
any truth in the Paul Jewell rumour??

He was a joke at Ipswich, doubt he'll be getting any better job offers any time soon.

Lim till i die
03/12/2012, 3:49 PM
Paul Jewells record actually isn't as awful as people make out.

It's painfully mediocre but it's not completely awful.

Dodge
03/12/2012, 3:56 PM
Paul Jewells record actually isn't as awful as people make out.

It's painfully mediocre but it's not completely awful.

He'll have the Johnny Giles "Jewell for Ireland" seal of approval anyway

Lim till i die
03/12/2012, 4:07 PM
If he's ever talking to John Giles about Irish football he'll never even holiday here. Bitter man.

I mean I had the best of intentions, I was trying to build a project at Shamrock Rovers, a proper big cluub like those ones they have over in England. So I came over, tried to make Rovers huge, you know to benefit Irish soccer. And what did the rest of the clubs do? They refused to roll over and let me win. And me with my good intentions. The carry on of those clubs down the country. Beating my Shamrock Rovers side. With all the good intentions I had. It was a disgrace. Irish football is a disgrace.

bluewhitearmy
03/12/2012, 5:56 PM
There was a lot of talk around aswell that Gary Megson was in the running these names are mental surely wouldnt be interested in Limerick job.

Jofspring
03/12/2012, 6:01 PM
There was a lot of talk around aswell that Gary Megson was in the running these names are mental surely wouldnt be interested in Limerick job.

Seems like any out of work manager in England is being linked with it.

If nothing else at least the club are getting publicity out of it.

bluewhitearmy
03/12/2012, 6:07 PM
Seems like any out of work manager in England is being linked with it.

If nothing else at least the club are getting publicity out of it.

No harm in it at all really. I cant wait til it is done now so we can start signing players thats the fun part of off season.

Jofspring
03/12/2012, 6:12 PM
No harm in it at all really. I cant wait til it is done now so we can start signing players thats the fun part of off season.

Ya exactly, especially with most clubs tying down all their best players.

lawman
03/12/2012, 8:24 PM
ive seen a few talented amateurs playing in limerick league that could easily play 45 mins or so in the premier for limerick with their current fitness levels and what about the managers of the limerick league premier division? Pike are not the best and currently the most sucessful amateur team in Ireland by accident.... would be a low cost choice for O Sullivan I believe... any thoughts on why all the positions, players and staff, should not be local and capable of holding their own? I think we underestimate the resourses on our doorstep. its all about heart and fighting for the cause. i cant name anybody playing with bray who would walk on to one of our top local teams, and they managed to stay in the premier.

magicman
03/12/2012, 8:48 PM
ive seen a few talented amateurs playing in limerick league that could easily play 45 mins or so in the premier for limerick with their current fitness levels and what about the managers of the limerick league premier division? Pike are not the best and currently the most sucessful amateur team in Ireland by accident.... would be a low cost choice for O Sullivan I believe... any thoughts on why all the positions, players and staff, should not be local and capable of holding their own? I think we underestimate the resourses on our doorstep. its all about heart and fighting for the cause. i cant name anybody playing with bray who would walk on to one of our top local teams, and they managed to stay in the premier.

Considine is nowhere near good enough to manage at that level. He would be a really good coach to have on the staff however. He is an extremely competent coach but he doesn't have the ability to manage at that level yet. He would need a few years learning under more experienced coaches/managers before being able to step up

Lim till i die
03/12/2012, 8:53 PM
He hasn't a PRO Licence lads.

Could be in with a shout as assistant though.

But then would he leave Pike to assist at Limerick??