PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

inexile
30/11/2004, 2:36 PM
No, Danus is back...been on the bench for most games this season. He went back to Latvia to get married or something like that, but he could play on sunday. Sniffer, Alan Finnucane, Connie and Daryl Eade give them a decent attacking platform, and I just have a sneaky hunch that they'll nick it.

no way joe they just arent good enough,i saw them against a bad disjointed boro team 3 weeks ago and they were dire,now fair enough the boro obviously raised there game last week but still player for player they are stronger,heart won it for the boro im told, and the only way you will beat the view is pure heart guts and determination cos you wont outplay them

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 2:42 PM
Fitzy trained the Boro team all season last year that is why they went a while unbeaten.

Limerick F.C. could do a lot worse than hang onto him as he is a quality coach.

Mike Ryan was not shafted by the Boro, he forced some of the players out as he as undermined & then when things were about to fall apart he walked.

I was amazed to see him get the Oscar Traynot job again, I would love to know on what merits that decision was made.

The guy nabs with Pike didn't get a kick against the boro, hoolahan marked him out of it

inexile
30/11/2004, 2:49 PM
dont know the guy at all blackstripe and obviously appearences from the outside can be deceivin, stories vary too, one side says that o conor,dalton,lynch and fitzy were continually undermining the manager but you seem to know more than i do

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 3:00 PM
Inexile you seem to be a bit of a Jaws fan & are well versed on the Boro !!!

What's your connection ??? Have you been doing favours for Mike Ryan ???

Favours like allowing him on your shoulders to gain a better view of a game with a large attendance........... you are also pro Pike which makes you as appealing as a potted caktus in a monkeys pyjamas

inexile
30/11/2004, 3:09 PM
no connection at all blackstripe i play a bit in 1b and have an interest in the premier division especially the big four, wouldnt say im well versed in the boro jusr quoting what i have heard around the town, have never met jaws or spoken to him either just giving my opinion from appearences etc

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 3:20 PM
1b you sound like someone from 5b in the regional hospital.

The big 4 ...............that's a joke there's only one club in Limerick & that's Fairview Rgs....... the rest are muppets as there trophy cabinets prove

inexile
30/11/2004, 3:25 PM
what like pikes munster junior 2 years ago or ballas treble last year?

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 3:29 PM
If you wanna got back through the relams of time I'm sure the Boro won a couple of tuohy Cups 15 years ago.

I knew you were Pike you muppet they are crap, 1 mfa cup in about 10 years get a grip & what treble did Balla win ???

They won the league by default when the boro fell apart & as for the big 4 as you call them ask any of their managers & they will confirm that these clubs only recognise the League, FAI & MFA as the trophies worth winning.

The view have won too many trophies to bother with poxy local cups......

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 3:46 PM
The best thing about Pike is that little cutie behind the bar in the club house!!!

Very sweet!!! :eek:

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 3:49 PM
Any got her name & number hahahaa!!!

inexile
30/11/2004, 3:54 PM
league by default your the muppett i think, they went the whole season unbeaten cant ask for much more than that

whitestripe
30/11/2004, 3:56 PM
I have to agree with you blackstripe, Fairview have set a benchmark not because they have the best players in town but because they are organised. Pike and Boro are getting there despite the poisoned dwaft's attempts to bring the club to its knees. Balla need a club but have made a lot of ground, the rest might as well take up Golf.

You're forgetting the Patsy Collopy?

There are only a few cups worth playing for, the rest are a waste of time. Simply because there is no incentive to winning them.

Its just like the Oscar Traynor panel, who really wants to play. Sit on a **** bus for hours, eat a few stale sandwiches, wear some spray on kit and ankle socks, back on the bus and a few free pints in some cheap motel. You would get better treatment if you went for a day trip to Mountjoy.

Limerick football is being smothered by those narrow minded men in their cheap suits and this is why local cups are not worth playing for.

Euthanasia - always an option

Black stripe
30/11/2004, 3:58 PM
ye under Christy Earls, lets see if they can repeat it in the next 10 years........the Boro drew 1-1 with them in that excuse for a pitch in Bateman & would have defo beaten them in the Boro club, forget it pal cause everyone else has it was what people call a BLIP................bit like yourself I would imagine

clownboy
01/12/2004, 6:43 AM
:D :D

and they have a good striker in this Nabs guy they got from Newmarket Celtic....2-1 to Pike....

I agree with Joe Pike will Bounce back against the View this week ...They seem to have the better of the view over the last few years

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 10:02 AM
Pike wont bounce back cause they have no spirit.
You see Pike are a team of Nomads with their team made up of players from Tipperary, Clare & every other club in town, Pike are not a club like Balla, View & the Boro.

I will have any amount of money on the View to win.

Glad to see Portmarnock & Carrick Utd knocked out of the FAI last week

joeSoap
01/12/2004, 10:28 AM
I will have any amount of money on the View to win.

What do you have in mind??

inexile
01/12/2004, 10:30 AM
blackstripe what difference do you make between pike not being a proper club and the rest?

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 10:38 AM
Joe soap I will have €100 on the View to beat Pike.

Leave my winnings behind the bar in the Pike club on Sunday in an envelope marked black stripe ..thank you.

Inexile Pike are not a club as they have no schoolboy or youth teams & have very few players in their side that actaully played schoolboy or youth with the club whereas the rest are clubs with the same players every year & most of em came through the schoolboy ranks with their respective clubs.

inexile
01/12/2004, 10:59 AM
oh right i see what you mean but then again most clubs have fellas that didnt play school boy with them i would imagine, davy wall,robbie kelleher,tommy barrett,brian buckley,eoin lynch,john fitzgerald with fairview, brian lawlor,alan o keeffe,jj hartigan,shane madden,mark houlihan, and balla have a few like skinner,brian doherty,alan johnson,frankie lee has had his fair share of clubs too

inexile
01/12/2004, 11:02 AM
although blackstripe i wouldnt mind gettin in on that bet with you id have a ton on fairview too

clownboy
01/12/2004, 11:05 AM
I think what Black stripe iis getting at is that Boro Fairview and Balla have all good underage teams and good set up for Kids wheras Pike havent had Schoolboys in seven or eight years..Although i think they started Back with under 10s this year....No team in the prmier league is going to have all player that came true the schoolboys it just doesent happen

inexile
01/12/2004, 11:08 AM
yeah well thats true,and i have to say pa mullally is the biggest poachin b*stard in the town

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 11:10 AM
that's my point thank you.

Junior clubs should all have schoolboy teams it's the future.

Nice to see ULAA going well in 1a they are a good club with the best of facilities & with the right manager would be a force for the future

clownboy
01/12/2004, 11:13 AM
Ya Corbally too have good Scoolboys and set up as do wembley fair play to them ...I dont think that you should be allowed Junior Teams unless there is a schoolboy set up

whitestripe
01/12/2004, 11:13 AM
You can add Dave Maloney, Robbie Dalton, , Kevin Timmons, Barry Dorgan, to that Boro list as far as I know.

€100 thats a good bet to take on but before that is made can anyone confirm the last bet of €50 on the Fairview/Balla game was paid or is this all talk.

As for the fact that some Boro players undermined Jaws while he was at the Boro, all I can say to that is fair play to them, they have my respect. I suppose they found it pretty easy considering his ability and considerable knowledge of the game. Snigger snigger.

On another note - I think its a disgrace that x league of Ireland players cannot play in the Junior league without having to sit out a lengthy redundancy period. What the logic behind that ruling.

clownboy
01/12/2004, 11:19 AM
The Ldmc are a shower of old whining plonkers on a power trip its as simple as that.

inexile
01/12/2004, 11:33 AM
whitestripe i am still waiting for whistler to cough up the dough and i fear that i might never see it

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 11:38 AM
On the subject of Junior Council can anyone tell me why junior games are played at dawn on a sunday morning ??? why ??? why not Saturday afternoon so players can have a pint after the game rather that no drink Saturdays & drink sundays & miss work Monday!!!

Who enjoys geting up at about 8:30 on a sunday morning ??? no sense to it

van der wheil
01/12/2004, 11:47 AM
Agree totally Blackstrip.****ing joke it is.

inexile
01/12/2004, 12:00 PM
i suppose the reason for it is that people work on saturdays whereas most people are off on sundays

whitestripe
01/12/2004, 1:11 PM
Thats probably the case and I feel the old hacks like their sunday morning pints. Alot of people work shift and still manage to get off work for training so I don't see why saturday games would not be the same. You would have more people at the games anyway and the gate receipts could be used to compensate players. It goes back to my point of the cheap blazer brigade. We will out live them!

I think clownboy should organise payment - a bet is a bet.

inexile
01/12/2004, 1:24 PM
keep talking whitestripe!!! whistler if your out there,you can go double or quits this weekend ill take fairview again and you can have the draw again after 90 mins

barryk
01/12/2004, 1:25 PM
yeah well thats true,and i have to say pa mullally is the biggest poachin b*stard in the town

What is poaching?
Is it trying to build a side of the best players.
Is that not what Dermot Finnan did at the start of his successful run?
I can go back and point out sides that were plundered for their best players but it will always be the case that the best players will head towards the best teams. If not to Pat Mullaly then to someone else.
Remember Wembley were kicked out of schoolboy football for "poaching".
They were no sooner gone and Geraldines and Carew Park took up the habit.
Nowadays Regional and Caherdavin are at it but past masters Wembley are back leading the way again

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 1:39 PM
Carew Pk never poached a schoolboy or junior player.

As for Geraldines doing it, please have a word with yourself Geraldines had one successful schoolboy team about 12 years ago & have since just turned into a breeding club for the View.

Facts only please on this site

inexile
01/12/2004, 1:42 PM
fair enough barry but pa mul has contacted players before the season has ended to get them to sign, he approached more than 20 players this season alone,and i also remember after a kennedy cup one year when he was manager out of a panel of 18 12 ended up with pike who he was in charge of, conincidence? i think not

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 2:22 PM
Pa Mul is clueless

He signs too many players & can't keep them all happy.
He ends up losing most of em again anyhow, I bet the two Clare fellas go back to delivereance before the season ends & McGarry will do his usual jumping around between Hill Celtic & Carew Pk & Pike aswell.

Face it Pike will be beaten this week & will then fall apart.............AS USUAL!!!

barryk
01/12/2004, 2:41 PM
Carew Pk never poached a schoolboy or junior player.

As for Geraldines doing it, please have a word with yourself Geraldines had one successful schoolboy team about 12 years ago & have since just turned into a breeding club for the View.

Facts only please on this site

Carew never poached a shoolboy player. Ask Billy Moloney and Martin Cosgrove about the schoolboys they took from O'Malley Park, Hyde Rgs, Weson and Summerville.
I repeat what is poaching?. would signing Ter Bussoli from a struggling Star team not be considered poaching or Cyril Maher from Summerville?

As for Dines...I was talking of the period Wembley were dumped. Long time ago but the schoolboy team Tommy Barrett played with for Geraldines was a conglomoration of players from all over town.

barryk
01/12/2004, 2:45 PM
fair enough barry but pa mul has contacted players before the season has ended to get them to sign, he approached more than 20 players this season alone,and i also remember after a kennedy cup one year when he was manager out of a panel of 18 12 ended up with pike who he was in charge of, conincidence? i think not

Unlike schoolboys there is nothing to stop a manager talking to players in season. Some would say he is getting his spoke in first.
As for the Kennedy Cup........two years back O'Halloran fron Caherdavin was in charge. Next season the bulk of the side sign for Caherdavin.
Last year John McDonnell of Regional was in charge......check out their side this season.
That is a bigger crime than signing grown men.

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 2:52 PM
Barry
If I remeber correctly O'Malley Park defunked that's why the players went to Carew!!!

As for poaching Bussoli from Star, bussoli probably paid carew to take him. he is the worst player I have ever seen.
In his day he was a bad right back for Balla, can't blame Cyril Maher from leaving Summerville they are toilet.

Bar them two the rest of the CAREW team have been together since under 12

barryk
01/12/2004, 3:04 PM
Barry
If I remeber correctly O'Malley Park defunked that's why the players went to Carew!!!

As for poaching Bussoli from Star, bussoli probably paid carew to take him. he is the worst player I have ever seen.
In his day he was a bad right back for Balla, can't blame Cyril Maher from leaving Summerville they are toilet.

Bar them two the rest of the CAREW team have been together since under 12

Pat Koyce, Paul Quinn, James Naughton all came from Hyde Rgs
Jason Devlin from Balla
As for Johnny Carey and Mike Carey starting with Carew PARK.....GO BACK AND CHECK YOUR RECORDS

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 3:08 PM
Koyce naughton & quinn have played with Carew since under 13

Big swing they signed 2 mulluckers from Geraldines

what cvlub in town has all home grown players ass wipe

barryk
01/12/2004, 3:26 PM
Koyce naughton & quinn have played with Carew since under 13

Big swing they signed 2 mulluckers from Geraldines

what cvlub in town has all home grown players ass wipe

Nobody........thats the point I was making.. By the way I played against Pat Koyce in an Under 16 Cup final and he was playing with Hyde

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 3:30 PM
It was obviously a "B" cup final if Hyde were in it hahahaa!!!

I bet you are/were a good player hahahaha!!!

barryk
01/12/2004, 3:49 PM
It was obviously a "B" cup final if Hyde were in it hahahaa!!!

I bet you are/were a good player hahahaha!!!

You are right it was a B final. But thats the first thing you were correct in all day. Even you're assumption that I was a good player is wrong!

Black stripe
01/12/2004, 3:56 PM
I was being sarcastic , you ill educated oaf!!!

Go & run the track near cals for yourself with a bag of glue or two !!! :eek:

barryk
01/12/2004, 4:07 PM
I was being sarcastic , you ill educated oaf!!!

Go & run the track near cals for yourself with a bag of glue or two !!! :eek:

It is a poor habit to cover up your Inadequacies with insults.
Try to make your point clearer ....you may learn a lot from other peoples answers. It would be a shame if you were banned from the chat room!

clownboy
02/12/2004, 6:11 AM
I think clownboy should organise payment - a bet is a bet.[/QUOTE]

Whitstripe...I have never made a bet with anybody on this site...Why would I organise Payment??

clownboy
02/12/2004, 6:56 AM
Fai Junior Cup Draw made last night...Balla V St Michaels (Tipp)

Pike Or View Play St Kevins (Dublin) Away...Park Or Boro Play Glen Celtic (Roscommon) away also..I dont know who Granville got

van der wheil
02/12/2004, 7:14 AM
Tough draw for whoever comes through from the Pike and Fairview game.Balla got a tough one also.

barryk
02/12/2004, 8:09 AM
Fai Junior Cup Draw made last night...Balla V St Michaels (Tipp)

Pike Or View Play St Kevins (Dublin) Away...Park Or Boro Play Glen Celtic (Roscommon) away also..I dont know who Granville got

Granville v Churhview Celtic
and Glasheen v Carew Park both Cork sides